• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JAB 3 - The Gentleman Edition - W. Lafayette, IN **CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE **

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

JAB 3: The Gentleman Edition

WHO: The Dew Crew

WHAT: Super Smash Brothers Melee (Singles & Doubles) Tournament

Venue Fee: $5 per person (waived for anyone who brings a full setup)

Entry Fees:
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 (per team)

Prizes are based on the pot created by the entry fee:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
[/CENTER]

PARKING
Free parking is provided on church grounds.

HOUSING IS VERY LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS

Please let us know by posting in this thread if you require housing either the night before and/or the night after the tournament.

LODGING

There is a University Plaza Hotel on campus which is fairly expensive from what I know. However, there is also a motel just 2 miles off campus which is supposedly a lot cheaper. If you plan to stay in either of those locations and would like more information, you may PM Kso4351, CunningKitsune, or BunBun

Rules:

- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
-Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed

- Legal Stages:
1. Singles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
2. Doubles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
3. Singles Counterpick: All singles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
4. Doubles Counterpick: All doubles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64

Other Rules & Special Issues:
- Controller mods of any kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc.) are prohibited
- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round-robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are prohibited.
- No stalling or otherwise preventing completion of a game or match
- Wobbling is BANNED

NOTE: Any attempt to cheat or otherwise hinder another player's ability to play will result in disqualification from this tournament and all further Purdue tournaments.

Please feel free to contact any of the tournament organizers (listed below) if you have any questions regarding any of the above information

Tournament Organizers
SWF Name: CunningKitsune
Cell #: 708-373-0680

SWF Name: 'Fro
Cell #: 317-603-4056

_kSo_

Smash Master
We were planning on having this on February 27th, however I was informed that that is quite a busy time for tournaments in the midwest.

I've been told that late January is a pretty open time for the midwest. So now I'm thinking January 30th?

The TO's will discuss a date and we would appreciate your input, Midwest!! Thanks!

_kSo_

Smash Master
hey is cunning gonna john out as usual?

i think i can beat him
hey, me too.

Hold on, John Williams is calling me. He needs my advice on his upcoming composition. I helped him write the music for Star Wars and Jurassic Park, so u know how good those were. Yeah, I gotta take this...One sec

oh wait, this isn't a fantasy thread where we make up lies to make ourselves feel better.

oops. My bad.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
vday is the 14th deku :p

which is half the reason im suggesting the 6th to you, if thats possible.

i know lemon and i would come, and that leaves us plenty of room after ours and before VGBootCamp with a weekend between all

PEEF!

Smash Hero
As suggested, Jan 30 would be best. I'm making a diagram, lets see how this works.

(Jan9) ..................... (Jan30) ..................... (Feb20) .................... (March 13)

Haha, each dot represents a day. The 30th balances perfectly =P

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
hey, me too.

Hold on, John Williams is calling me. He needs my advice on his upcoming composition. I helped him write the music for Star Wars and Jurassic Park, so u know how good those were. Yeah, I gotta take this...One sec

oh wait, this isn't a fantasy thread where we make up lies to make ourselves feel better.

oops. My bad.
Rofl. Im down on any date . Reppin the sexy samus anyone wanna do teamsies for this

Tomacawk

Smash Master
voorhese if alan has a teammate or doesn't team with me then yeah let's be the most technical team at the tourny =P

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alrighty alan let's **** **** up =D
double fox or you wanna rock the gdorf? i got sheik/marf/birdy/falcon in mah repertoire as well
maybe next time voorhese :(

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
the brute is the opposite of the gentleman, for everyone who isnt sure

im pretty sure i can beat cunning, and thats no lie

_kSo_

Smash Master
the brute is the opposite of the gentleman, for everyone who isnt sure

im pretty sure i can beat cunning, and thats no lie

the brute? as in what my friends call "the asshole"? LOLLllll

well it's good to know the "technical" term for it. Nonetheless, JAB 4 will still have to be named the scoundrel edition mostly because bigR made me rofl when he said it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
if you make this in march, peoria crew could come...plus springfield IL
aww but I can't wait that long for JAB 3 :(

but I do want peoria and springfield to come....

Unfortunately, when it comes down to it, it's whichever date is best for the majority of the smashers.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
what about a mid or late march date or early april. We did have the last jab fairly frequently. It seems like there is already a good rut of tournies late jan through feb . It will be difficult to get higher attendance if people are forced to choose a tourny a particular weekend

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm not sure why Dart is speaking for Springfield attendance--we have not talked about going to this and he does not represent our crew
with that said, I will spread the word to the locals and see if I can snag a ride to this
also jab3 needs to happen waaaaaaay b4 april
peef was kind enough to do some research and present a (****ty, but useful lol) graph, and indeed 1/30/10 as a date would fit perfectly, leaving 21 days (3 weeks) between each tournament. For that reason, my vote goes to hosting this on the 30th.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
really?
**** there are so many tournies coming up in the early part of '10
I guess we just gotta pick and choose. I still favor the date peef suggested though.

Dart

Smash Lord
aww but I can't wait that long for JAB 3 :(

but I do want peoria and springfield to come....

Unfortunately, when it comes down to it, it's whichever date is best for the majority of the smashers.
I'm not sure why Dart is speaking for Springfield attendance--we have not talked about going to this and he does not represent our crew
with that said, I will spread the word to the locals and see if I can snag a ride to this
also jab3 needs to happen waaaaaaay b4 april
peef was kind enough to do some research and present a (****ty, but useful lol) graph, and indeed 1/30/10 as a date would fit perfectly, leaving 21 days (3 weeks) between each tournament. For that reason, my vote goes to hosting this on the 30th.
i was speaking more for nick, brett and blake. they seem to coordinate with us at least.

and really whatever you decide is cool, i'll do whatever the hell i can XD

Top Bottom