• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JAB 3 - The Gentleman Edition - W. Lafayette, IN **CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE **

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I vote March, cause i know id be able to go to that, otherwise idk.

but ill make an effort no matter when it is.

also

"the gentleman edition" toooooooooooooooo goooooood

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gentlemen...

I vote 2/27 or 3/6. Realistically I'm free just about any weekend afaik, but other people in MI can only make those dates.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
peef was kind enough to do some research and present a (****ty, but useful lol) graph, and indeed 1/30/10 as a date would fit perfectly, leaving 21 days (3 weeks) between each tournament. For that reason, my vote goes to hosting this on the 30th.
Thx, and some kind of poll might make this easier. Make sure the votes are public so we can weed out ppl that won't come. IDK if anyone running this tournament can start a poll or what the authorization is...

April times could work, but either you use a winter date (looking like 1.30) or decide to just host the tournament later in spring. I'd prefer the winterrr

-PEEF =D

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
February 27th please?

UM people including myself have really wanted to attend one of these, but the drive to Purdue is so stupid that the only weekends that we could make it are those that coincide with our spring break (2/27 to 3/7)

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
I Dont Give A Crap What The Date Is Just Set One So I Can Know When I'll Be Making Some Money.

edit: omg this message was in all caps, it clearly doesnt get the point across anymore.

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
DATE SET: February 13th @ 12pm

Gentleman, the date has been set. There are way too many tournaments going on right now for us to compensate for all of them. So we have chosen the date that clashes the least with SMYM. Mark your calenders for February 13th, 2010.

Please post if you are able to make it so that we may have as accurate of an attendance list as possible!

Thanks, midwest. You guys are awesome.

Practice up!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ahhhh ****
i'll try to make it. springfield has been evasive about planning to attend tournies so i still don't know much

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well sh*t.

I'm sure I'll be able to make it, but I'm sad about not being home for loveweekend.

Count in 3-4 from Evansville.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
out of all the dates, why would you pick the one the exact same date as sveets tournament, which is only like 3 hours away from this one

purdue tournaments have been on the same weekends as other tourneys too many times, this is not an effective way to improve mw smash

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah actually I think I'll have to go to VGBootCamp which is the next weekend. I don't think I can go to 2 tournaments 2 weekends in a row, but that's just me.

It is silly to put JAB on the same day as Sveet's nearby tournament because that means Chicago and surrounding areas won't come here. What might be worse is putting it a week before VGBootCamp: Indianapolis when VGBootCamp could turn out to be great for the smash scene, being a national circuit ready to embrace our game exactly how we want to play it. *Pound* 4 is the first VGBootCamp circuit event and ours (Indianapolis) is the second. We should really be doing our best to help, because Melee could get big time national attention like it used to. =/

Tomacawk

Smash Master
it sucks but yo it happened and purdue seems to be firm on the date.
i'll come to this > sveet's tourny, but I was really wanting to go to his tourny =\
this is not an effective way to improve mw smash
they said clash least with smym. they're trying to accommodate the scene by freeing up time for huge tournies not pretty big ones

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Oops.

Apologies. Did not realize this date had such a huge conflict with another tournament. We'll let you know when we settle on a better date. So far, it's lookin' like January 30th is good for a lot of people. Our only concern with setting it to that date is that people won't have enough times' notice. We'll see what happens. For now, TBA.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
good decision IMO
there are a ridiculous amount of tournies coming up, I don't think it's possible for this to fit in there smoothly
I think you should just put it on 1/23 and conflict with the STL tourny or put it on 1/30. only other option seems to be putting it in march. also, there is the VG tourny 2/20 in indianapolis

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
i know you guys wanna do jab soon, but truth be told everyone else picked up a date before you did.

we got no dates open till like march/april, Thats when we gotta have it.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
in indianapolis? I'd like to but I don't know if I'll have a ride
you're going I assume? you going to smym or jab? we should play seriouslies

PEEF!

Smash Hero
in indianapolis? I'd like to but I don't know if I'll have a ride
you're going I assume? you going to smym or jab? we should play seriouslies
I'm going to either Viperboy's or JAB on the 23rd or 30th (if the 30th is chosen), and VG and SMYM for sure.

And yes on the seriouslies. I need them.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
freeing up time for smym is good and all, but if we want the mw to get better we need to be having tourneys that gather a significant portion of the region together as often as possible, with as many other tourneys in between to gather local regions.

long story short we dont have any pretty big tournaments, and hosts should be accomodating every other tournament instead of taking away from their own/other tournaments' attendance

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I do not under stand why it needs to be so early why not consider a late march date?

_kSo_

Smash Master
It seems like all the dates for tournaments have been taken up or do not fit any of the TO's schedules.

We are currently looking at March 27th and April 10th.

Is March 27th too soon for another circuit event after SMYM? If that's the case, we will have it on April 10th.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Apologies. Did not realize this date had such a huge conflict with another tournament. We'll let you know when we settle on a better date. So far, it's lookin' like January 30th is good for a lot of people. Our only concern with setting it to that date is that people won't have enough times' notice. We'll see what happens. For now, TBA.
No problem, dude.

Big_R

Smash Champion
plus u were about to **** around and put it on valentines day weekend AGAIN. lol just do feb 6th......idk when the tournys in the mw are tho. I'm not seeing em. Pry cuz they are ages away form cbus

Tomacawk

Smash Master
omfg that is sooooo far away
but it is for the good of the mw so i am in favor
also brett LOLWUT
get ahold of me plz and tell me what you guys have planned for travel

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
theres a tournament in ohio that should be big on april 17th but you guys probably wont come anyway

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
DATE CONFIRMED: Saturday, April 10th!!

All right, it seems April 10th would be the best date to have it; not too soon after SMYM but not too late so that it would interfere with finals.

Please let us know if you need housing as soon as possible so that we may make arrangements.

We hope you all can make it!

Top Bottom