• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl and Tekken4: A Small Read

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So when Pound4 ended, I talked to this ex-Tekken pro (Kasht) about Pound4. He told me that Brawl is suffering from practically the same thing Tekken 4 died from: an overpowered, beatable character that has a move that made him "broken", but "not broken enough to get him banned". The game only had one year of competitive play then everyone went back to Tekken Tag until Tekken 5 was released.

This character, Jin Kazama, had an unblockable combo that the only way to avoid the whole damage output was to block the starting hits. Son, it would play out like this... Jin would attempt to catch you with a quick jab, then if he did (blocking it still counts), he'd follow up with another quick attack (which you would block), which combo'd into a 3rd unblockable hit (this is where he became "broken" but "not broken enough") that would send you into the air, where he would then juggle you until you fell, then follow you wherever you'd get up and frametrap another quick jab for you to block, re-setting the whole unblockable combo yet again.

The thing with Jin Kazama was that he was beatable: watch out for his jab, attack him from out of his maximum range, and he wouldn't be able to do his unblockable combo. He COULD still win since he was overpowered, but then it was just a matter of outplaying the Jin Kazama mainer in a close-to-even MU. A large amount of the community wanted Jin banned because of how cheap he was and how easy it was to get a win with him if he got the jab in (there's life bars in the game, not stocks, so matches would practically end after a successful jab), hell a LOT of the Tekken 4 pros had Kazama as a secondary for their hard MUs even though there were better choices for characters. You could argue that the thing here was "overcentralization and that it wasn't enough to warrant a ban"... But did the competitive scene die because of overcentralization, because of Jin Kazama's broken-ness, or by a mix of both former and latter?

The ex-Tekken pro (Kasht) says that Brawl is in a very similar situation of that to Tekken 4, and that OUR Jin Kazama is MetaKnight. He is overpowered and we all know this... He has an unfair playstyle that deter the enjoyable aspects of the game to a large amount of people who play the game competitively (otherwise the pro-ban side would've been smaller than just a 5% difference in the polls, wouldn't you agree?), known as planking, scrooging, dair camping and tornado-spamming WHICH CAN ALL BE BEAT... He also excels in the air, ground AND offstage fights... He is the overpowered best character in this game that can be beat with the right characters, like Jin Kazama was for Tekken 4. And you know what happened to Tekken 4? The pros enjoyed winning with Jin Kazama so much that the competitive scene for that game died completely because they didn't want to ban Jin Kazama.

In Brawl what we are doing is just making up more and more rules to find a compromise between people who want him gone, and people who don't... But what's happening is that people are finding ways to 'bend' rules and avoid them being disqualified We're also relying on people to "play honorably" to avoid seeing any planking or scrooging, just like Tekken 4's anti-Jin community was doing.

Tekken Zaibatsu forums said:
Jin's LS : Definitely the granddaddy of abusability against most players, the damage it inflicts if it merely hits helps make him #1. You really are a top notch player when you can defend this string well when used by advanced players (a la insanelee at the Nationals). However, when used by expert players I wonder if anything can stop Jin. We'll see what the gameplay is like at EC4 for the true cheesiness rating of this hated string when the top Korean Jin player comes to the U.S.

There have been numerous anti-LS posts so I don't need to go over all of 'em here, but never underestimate it and always be ready if you wish to come out on top.
I'm not attempting to prove anything nor start any debates, I just want to bring info to the table so players can learn from a past example and think about what can be done to avoid such an event from happening. I personally like Brawl, and I have learned the MK matchup with both Kirby and ZSS. Sure, ADHD won Pound4, I was there and saw it happen, so MK isn't broken blahblahblah. Even if he isn't broken, he is still overpowered and the center of virtually unpunishable 'gay' tactics. Who enjoys watching an MK time out players in a tourney, expecting the top matches to be "M2K vs Ally a la Summer 2009" but against other different top players?

tl;dr: A Tekken pro told me about Tekken 4 and compared it to Brawl. I was surprised a previous game suffered the same fate Brawl is going through. Thoughts? I'm open for any replies as long as they're not one-liners, nor posts full of nothing worth reading (off-topic or criticizing negatively)... I'd like to know what people think about both games' similarities.

Metaknight isn't broken enough to be banned, but he's certainly gay enough to make Brawl die. It's a shame too, since I actually enjoy going to tournaments to play Brawl with my friends.

I could rant about how bad Metaknight is, but I think you got it covered.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I know about Kasht he is legit and a great Tekken Player... I think that Brawl is in a worst case that Tekken 4 because there it was a broken character hard to defeat, here is not only MK is hard to defeat but also he exploits some rules like time limit and with stalling and planking which make the game unwatchable, thats worse than seeing the same char winning all the time... I don´t know how M2K can say that he don´t want MK to be banned because is "fun" when he defeated 8 players by timeout in P4... nobody have fun that way... If this continues, the people would lose hope for Brawl...

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Hmph, very interesting read. It is very true that MK is NOT broken.... if he were to be banned it would be solely because the majority decides that they don't like the way he forces the game to be played (and the resulting more concrete ramifications that would arise from that, such as the game dying out).

I've been mulling over this the past few days though.... If you aggressively approach MK you get *****. End of discussion. So what do you do? Camp. Play "hella gay". Diddy, Falco, and Snake can do this very well, and do the best against MK as a result. It's really difficult/dangerous to approach these characters at their campiest, even for MK. So what's MK do? Get a percent lead and threaten a time out in an attempt to move them out of their advantageous position. Now in this case it would make sense to stop camping your *** off and approach right? But remember that this is MK... if you approach you gon get *****. You're probably better off camping even harder and hoping you catch MK off guard with a banana -> followup, grenade, or just a series of lasers/phantasm. It's really like a cycle of positive feedback.

I mean, naturally you'd think that having such an overwhelmingly offensively competent character like MK in the game would make the game less campy. Could he actually be having the opposite effect?

/end supa rambl'n theory bros. jr.

Pathetiqu3

Smash Apprentice
Brawl has better characters and personalities. Tekken characters have less personality and aren't as loveable.
...seriously?

Let's all take a lesson and make sure all our competitive decisions are based around how much we love Metaknight. Zomg he's so cool xoxoxo =^.^=

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
...seriously?

Let's all take a lesson and make sure all our competitive decisions are based around how much we love Metaknight. Zomg he's so cool xoxoxo =^.^=
I love Metaknight, from playing the Kirby games when I was younger, Kirby's adventure really made me a fan boy of the series. I don't play him because he is the best... that's just a bonus. lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
this is where the ironic part is like you said.

he's oped as hell, but not "broken"(though i tend to disagree) or at least not enough to warrant a ban(or least alot of players are scared to let a ban happen, even though techniclly the majority wanted him banned) yet hes JUST oped enough to cause brawl's competitive scene to die off, with his retardedly gay tactics, people flock to him as either the perfect main, or a "must have secondary" for those harder matchpus for people, the tournament scene pretty much IS mk in brawl, oh ya there are a few that can go toe to toe with him like you said, the high tier campers, but once again he can run down the clock by planking his *** off, and no one can approach him, because it means pretty much certain doom.

so..what do we do? everyone constantly trys to make new "rules" in place to try to keep him in check, and yet hardly any of these can actually be enforced. the logical thing to do in my opinion WOULD be to ban him, but again....like you said, apparently folks don't think he's oped enough to warrent a ban, yet he IS oped enough to cause overcentralization on him, and in the long run, cause the brawl scene to die out.

irony at its best....

B!squick

Smash Master
Nice read and very true. It's very boring to look at tourny results and see nothing but MKs littering the top spots with random other characters played by exceptional dudes. A big congrats to Logic in that respect.

And sadly, since Nintendo seems to be keeping Smash a once a console sort of thing, we'll be waiting awhile for the next HOPEFULLY more balanced Smash. Until then, all we can do is either bite the bullet and/or play Melee.

The analogy is terrible, the only similarity is that both characters are the best in their respective games. Either explain the analogy (how does MK have anything CLOSE to an unblockable combo which takes away a good percentage of your life and starts with a jab?) or GTFO
You must not have read it. If you did, ur not doin it rite.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Metaknight isn't broken enough to be banned, but he's certainly gay enough to make Brawl die. It's a shame too, since I actually enjoy going to tournaments to play Brawl with my friends.
Very powerful statement right there - followed by the perfect contradiction.

MK might very well end up killing Brawl. We should ban him when that begins to happen, obviously. What gets me though is all the statements I continue to read over again about how it's happening now.

"MK is killing Brawl" - is tournament attendance in decline? Maybe bigger names are quitting, but that's expected when getting into the first year of a game that's radically different from what it was expected to be. Once people start realizing the game they're playing, we're going to start to see the flush, and only the truly dedicated, the actual players who enjoy the game are gonna be left. We're barely beginning to see who the "Brawlers" are.

I don't plan on quitting Brawl anytime in the near future. And like Flan says, he hopes he doesn't have to either. Essentially who does? Where are these hoards of disgruntled players?

"Oh they're just around the corner. Once the real MK is realized (the planking and scrooging one), you'll start to see the drop outs."

And this is the gripe I have with most pro-ban arguments. Like I said before, I agree with banishment when MK starts to cause harm to the physical scene - but I don't agree with preemptive banning. It's impossible to see the future, and while it's an easy prediction to say MK will overrun tournaments forever, it's just as easy to say no he won't. It needs to happen. The disease comparison does not work, as the pro-ban hailed long ago. Preemptively banning MK as a "vaccination" is a bad idea. Doctors don't hear someone coughing to then immediately prescribe cancer treatment. That's because it's harmful to suggest harsh treatment without fully understanding the cause of such.

In the face of such though, is ADHD's victory over a tower of Meta Knights. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe M2K didn't know the match-up, maybe he didn't play Ally, maybe the stage list was skewed in his favor. Ultimately, it might have been a coincidence due to favoring conditions. Regardless, it's pure evidence that MK has been beaten.

Once that evidence ceases to be true - the conditions are removed, MK wins everything, the scene suffers - we can begin to consider banishment.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Just a side note, kewkky is AMAZING against MK. Like, seriously, he knows what can be punished, and how, and actually does it. So don't try going for the "omg learn the match-up!!!" route, cause he knows the match-up better than you do ;)

Meno, you don't travel, so you're not wasting your time/money on a tourney just to be timed out by 2% by an MK.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno, you don't travel, so you're not wasting your time/money on a tourney just to be timed out by 2% by an MK.
lol Dekar

Sorry about Pound. xD

But seriously, it doesn't matter what your personal preference of losing is. Until MK starts claiming evidence to warrant his banning, I can always point to another Diddy that had your exact same opportunities, and yet succeeded.

EDIT: And I went to Genesis and lost to MK. :mad:

B!squick

Smash Master
Regardless, it's pure evidence that MK has been beaten.
Right. He did say that MK is great, but not broken. And if we're looking at Pound4, all it proved was that ADHD can beat MK. What's of more concern is those 6(!) spots directly below ADHD occupied entirely by once character. D:

That's gotta be the worst reasoning for wanting to ban a CHARACTER ever. Let's ban jigglypuff because it's not fair that I travel OOS investing my own personal funds and time just to get my falco uthrow->rested. Let's ban marth because I flew all the way to California only to be grabbed once and my fox dies. Let's ban Sheik because one grab and I'm out of the tournament even though I've been practicing my Bowser for 72 hours straight and I spend $1,000 travelling to this tournament
Who said anything about banning MK? Again, ur not doin it rite.

Dekar173

Justice Man
That's gotta be the worst reasoning for wanting to ban a character ever. Let's ban jigglypuff because it's not fair that I travel OOS investing my own personal funds and time just to get my falco uthrow->rested. Let's ban marth because I flew all the way to California only to be grabbed once and my fox dies. Let's ban Sheik because one grab and I'm out of the tournament even though I've been practicing my Bowser for 72 hours straight and I spend $1,000 travelling to this tournament
Thing is, you're getting outplayed/read by the Jiggs, and he's killing you. I'm getting timed out by the MK in a completely winnable match-up.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I have to agree with Meno here.

The most important thing is not some sort of "integrity" of the game. What matters is popularity. You need enough people to maintain a competitive game plain and simple.

If enough people stop playing and it is because of MK then you have to see if it is necessary to ban him.

Or if the top players insist that banning him is a violation of the spirit of competitive play the game may die.

Of course that's all only if the scene shrinks significantly because of MK.

B!squick

Smash Master
Thing is, you're getting outplayed/read by the Jiggs, and he's killing you. I'm getting timed out by the MK in a completely winnable match-up.
Yeah. Bowser does well against MK as long they're participating in the fighting aspect of the fighting game.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dekar, have you ever read Playing to Win? I highly recommend reading it, it's really a fascinating article.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Right. He did say that MK is great, but not broken. And if we're looking at Pound4, all it proved was that ADHD can beat MK. What's of more concern is those 6(!) spots directly below ADHD occupied entirely by once character. D:
He's a popular character who's easy to win with, of course he's going to take a majority of the top spots. Even if ADHD didn't take first, and he placed 2nd or whatever - how is it possible he got that high?

If we ignore the criteria of banning MK because he proves to be broken, and focus on banning MK due to over centralization - it's still illogical to ban him when he's not even winning. We care when he over centralizes the money, and thus the scene. In a 100 man tourney, MK taking all the spots 4th to 100th is irrelevant.

If we start caring about those 97 lesser players incapable of beating MK, we can admit defeat to competing in a bad game and all go play something else.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm so glad the OP didn't intend to start another MK ban debate and merely wanted to discuss how Tekken 4 compares to Brawl. Oh wait...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sorry, yea, I'm going on a tangent.

But the main idea of the OP was to avoid having Brawl die a similar death to Tekken (over centralization), with the suggestion to ban MK. >_>

B!squick

Smash Master
He suggested to ban MK? Where? O.o I see him saying MK is gay, but not ban worthy and comparing that to Tekken 4's Jin who is apparently also gay, but not ban worthy and wondering what others thought on the similarities...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Even if he isn't broken, he is still overpowered and the center of virtually unpunishable 'gay' tactics. Who enjoys watching an MK time out players in a tourney, expecting the top matches to be "M2K vs Ally a la Summer 2009" but against other different top players?
"MK may not be broken, but he's the obvious problem."

The obvious solution then, is to ban him. His criteria is over centralization (with a comparison to Tekken), my counter is a that that criteria is usually an indication of a bad game - with a fix being futile.

Kinda like putting a leaking boat inside a bigger boat, then still "sailing" on the leaky boat. :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I already see what's going to happen. Call it a gut feeling if you will. I prefer to make bold mutha****ing claims.

The attendance of tournaments will start to drop, some will say "see...this is all because of MK", others will be stubborn until the very end and demand "proof" of it being caused by MK. I'm telling you...this cycle of *insert obvious claim here* and "nuh uh I demand proof" will go on over and over again until the game dies. People will be sticklers about it until that point. Some of you are logical and rational, but others either rely on MK or just don't like to give in, and they will be the ones to drag it out until it's too late. I believe the only real question here is how long do we have until that happens? Will people be able to suck it up and just get rid of him already if the necessity arises?

Pick apart this post all you want. I won't respond.

Just watch.

etecoon

Smash Hero
brawl won't die in favor of melee. melee requires too much skill, 70% of competitive brawl players wouldn't be able to get into it. so it's a little different because there isn't a previous game that everyone would fall back on until the next smash. and people have said they were going to quit brawl if MK wasn't banned and most of them are still playing(hi OS). and right now you see a wave of people complaining about diddy, this community is just full of drama queens.

Flayl

Smash Hero
MK isn't the only character that can time people out, otherwise we wouldn't even have second doubts.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
brawl won't die in favor of melee. melee requires too much skill, 70% of competitive brawl players wouldn't be able to get into it. so it's a little different because there isn't a previous game that everyone would fall back on until the next smash. and people have said they were going to quit brawl if MK wasn't banned and most of them are still playing(hi OS). and right now you see a wave of people complaining about diddy, this community is just full of drama queens.
Entirely untrue. (Not the "Brawl won't die in favor of Melee" thing, I think it's going to go on for quite a while)

New players are being introduced frequently and are showing that they can rise up to play well, and place well at that. Clouderz, former Brawl player who was one of the best in Canada, switched to Melee and (if I'm hearing correctly) is doing rather well.

Melee doesn't require too much skill to play, in my opinion. Like any fighter, and like people who play Brawl at a high level of competitive play? It's a matter of how much time you devote into the game and how much you wanna win.

It's what I think.

This read was very informative. And I'm not gonna lie?

The thought of Brawl dying out because of Meta Knight terrifies me.

Very powerful statement right there - followed by the perfect contradiction.
I didn't contradict myself though. You explained my statement pretty thoroughly, so I'm assuming you understood my point enough to realize that it doesn't contradict.

etecoon

Smash Hero
New players are being introduced frequently and are showing that they can rise up to play well, and place well at that. Clouderz, former Brawl player who was one of the best in Canada, switched to Melee and (if I'm hearing correctly) is doing rather well.
I'd like to see him play, from what I remember of him he was basically the poster child for brawl pros that shouldn't have success in other games, I'd love to be proven wrong though, melee was a better, more entertaining game and if people did start going back to it I'd like that just as much.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Good read, but you honestly are implying that Metaknight should be banned, or "honorably banned" like how Japan did with Old Sagat/Akuma.

But on an honest note, Metaknight isn't going to kill Brawl. It's the "Play to Win" logic that obviously plagued all of the players to the point where I bet the players could give two ****s about the Brawl community.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
But on an honest note, Metaknight isn't going to kill Brawl. It's the "Play to Win" logic that obviously plagued all of the players to the point where I bet the players could give two ****s about the Brawl community.
This doesn't make sense to me. You're saying an over-centralizing "just overpowered enough to not warrant a ban" character won't kill the game, but it is the players with a competitive mindset who will? I disagree.

This is what sparked my question. You said that a character (MK) doesn't directly have an effect on the competitive lifespan of a game (Brawl), but the players who use him and his gay tactics to win are the ones killing the game. Fair enough. However, knowing that MK is indeed the best at what he does regarding said gay tactics (planking, scrooging, etc.) *as well as perform exceedingly well with air camping* in the game, it is safe to assume that he does indeed have a massive effect on what's going on since he is the TOOL that players are using/abusing to perform the gay tactics in the first place.

The players are just using what is available to them to get the job done. Guess which character provides exactly what they need? And guess who most of the tactics we loathe/limit today have come from? Again, the players are only using what we continue to leave at their disposal. Sure...we can continue to form new rules to try and keep MK at bay while, at the same time, ****ing with other characters' options; but given the versatility of MK's options overall...MK mains will just keep finding ways to skate around those rules like they have already been doing.

No MK = less gay tactics in the game overall, no molding of rules just to keep ONE CHARACTER in check, and no crutch for players to abuse anymore. Plain and simple.

NNID
Budget_Player
"MK may not be broken, but he's the obvious problem."

The obvious solution then, is to ban him. His criteria is over centralization (with a comparison to Tekken), my counter is a that that criteria is usually an indication of a bad game - with a fix being futile.

Kinda like putting a leaking boat inside a bigger boat, then still "sailing" on the leaky boat. :p
Well what if the rest of the game is really good, but one specific element was unbalanced?

Let's say, for example, you have a game where there's one incredibly broken character, but other than that, it's like the ideal fighting game. Is that a bad game with a fix being futile, or a good game with one glaring fault?

Hell, lemme pull the example of Magic: The Gathering. They have an R&D team which is specifically tooled to monitor the competitive side of the game. And every once in a while, they bring out a card which is just too **** good. For example, Yawgmoth's Will, which will essentially win you the game when you play it 99% of the time. Or Necropotence, which was originally seen as terrible, until people figured out how it was abusable, and it turned out to be an absolute monster. They banned these cards. Does this mean that magic the gathering is bad? No, it means the design team made a mistake; a scratch on an otherwise solid wall.

Too esoteric? Well, lemme just say SF2 Akuma.

Remember when people got bored of melee and numbers of tournaments were shrinking? And this new game out that sparked a lot further interest of smash in general?
HEYO!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
This doesn't make sense to me. You're saying an over-centralizing "just overpowered enough to not warrant a ban" character won't kill the game, but it is the players with a competitive mindset who will? I disagree.
It's a cause and effect statement. Metaknight is playable, thus players use him to win. If MK was banned, we'd still have that competitive mindset that doesn't warrant to fix other problems. Stage bans, planking, time-outs, whathaveyou. Yes, Metaknight is the crutch of the "Play to Win" example, but he isn't everything that's wrong with the Brawl community.

Case in point:
I love how:

M2K's flatout dominance for a year meant everyone was clamoring for a MK ban with him undeniably as the best character in the game

Ally hits the scene and people are claiming Snake is the best character and he beats MK

ADHD starts ****** and now people are claiming Diddy is the best. lmao

Oh and Ally saying he has no respect for M2K's timeout is laughable since all he does is sit there and throw grenades all day. If he could time M2K out with grenade camping he would.
Bolded being the most important.

This is what sparked my question. You said that a character (MK) doesn't directly have an effect on the competitive lifespan of a game (Brawl), but the players who use him and his gay tactics to win are the ones killing the game.
Never said that. I'm saying the players are the ones that will kill the metagame because they are just fine with winning regardless of their actions. It takes a puppet master to control a puppet.

The players are just using what is available to them to get the job done. Guess which character provides exactly what they need?
Pit, Wario, ROB, and a few others can do the same thing, most notably Pit. MK isn't the only one, he's just the most obvious (and comparably the best at it).

No MK = less gay tactics in the game overall, no molding of rules just to keep ONE CHARACTER in check, and no crutch for players to abuse anymore. Plain and simple.
I agree Metaknight has various bannable offenses that many people try to overlook and label as "Johns". In fact, I'm quite sure if MK was banned, then about 80% of game balance would be restored.

As a note, I am neither pro-ban or anti-ban. I honestly don't care as it doesn't affect my outlook on the game at all, but change does need to happen in the near future regardless.

I am personally an advocate on lifting stage bans to increase counterpick viability, but *******es keep those stages banned and then tries to ban more stages just because they're gay. If we had the same mindset for stages as we did for Metaknight, then he would've been banned two years ago.

Bottom Line: P2W Logic = Game balance goes out the window. I'll be going back to Melee when the game dies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
but he isn't everything that's wrong with the Brawl community.
Oh? Do tell. What have I missed exactly?

Never said that. I'm saying the players are the ones that will kill the metagame because they are just fine with winning regardless of their actions. It takes a puppet master to control a puppet.
Well we're talking about a high-class beanie baby that everyone chooses to clamor to instead of the old Raggedy Ann doll in the corner. There's a reason for that, despite player mindset.

Pit, Wario, ROB, and a few others can do the same thing, most notably Pit. MK isn't the only one, he's just the most obvious (and comparably the best at it).
Of course, why settle for less when you can settle for the best? (and then some)

If we had the same mindset for stages as we did for Metaknight, then he would've been banned two years ago.
I agree.

I'll be going back to Melee when the game dies.
As will I. I'm already back in practice and prepared for the situation.

RATED

Smash Lord
srsly MK needs banning. just look at the top 10 of pound 4. "plankers" with MK. cheap timeouts, and all that stuff will make Brawl die sadly. MK is totally SAFE being offstage.

srsly if "top players' that main MK or use him to win doesnt want him banned. ban him anyways.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
MK has limited character's metagames since day 1. Low tiers and most mid tier characters have halted their growth solely because of MK. This game would be A LOT more balanced if MK was not here.

Look @ Melee, especially P4 melee results(do you see the diversity?). ALL of the top tier characters, high, and a few mid tiers are pretty viable competitively. This is not the case for Brawl.

Top Bottom