• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Menu and CSS Background Texture

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Hello
Someone have remplaced the background menu by the one of a stage (BTT I think)
So I tried too but with the custom stage background,it worked
It is very very easy,I'm surprised that nobody tried that before
Just change the texture of the background stage to make custom menu background

I made a Space menu (I think it look very cool )

So I extracted the Mdlo background of a custom Stage (STGEDIT.pac)
I extracted the texture background
In mu_menumain.pac , Misc 3 , remplace MenMainBg_TopN by the new model
and add a the new texture (it must have his orginal name)
So change the texture like you want to make custom background

Download the Menu Background Texture Space : http://www.mediafire.com/?zl11wnrmnj2

From this file,you could just change the texture to make your own custom background =)
(anyway, I love my space texture lol)

If you make other texture,please show it,it would be cool

EDIT: Custom Background Texture is now possible for CSS

I have found the way to change the background texture of the CSS
It was too easy
-Extract "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/3D Model)
-Remplace "MenSelchrBg_TopN" by the new "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" : You will have a picture of Mario in the CSS Background
-Change the texture of "MenSelchrFaceB.001" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/Texture) you can change the size,but only power of 2 from 128x160 (too big picture freeze the game)
-In the "MenSelchrBg_TopN" model,in animations,choose " "MenSelchrBg_TopN" ,select the first bone "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" and edit the scale X and Y to make the picture bigger,try to find the good size if you want your picture to take all the background,change the Translatin Z values in a neegative number to make it more realistic

TAAAADAAAAA space background (the same that the one in my menu)

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?t1ydnimjgff

I'm too happy and proud to found that,and so surprised that was too easy like that =D

ShadyGT

Smash Cadet
Nice thx =)

It tried on the CSS a while ago other backgrounds but the result are only a white screen.
Today i gave it another try but the results are the same.
It freezes when the background was 1024x1024, but it doesnt freeze if u resize it to 640x640. (I think its because of the filesize)

But anyway, theres still the white screen <.< and i dunno how to remove it...

camzy

Smash Journeyman
CSS screens I don't think you can change effectively yet :(

Thanks for this! I'm going to make my own now!

camzy

Smash Journeyman
By the way, is there an optimum resolution? It resizes the image automatically and it's often really badly done. 640 x 640 better than 1024x1024?

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Hello, sorry for the up, but I like now if it work for PAL ?
I'll search in the iso of SSBB PAL for know the emplacement, but I don't find

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
1024x1024 bc it has to have room for when you use the c-stick to move the camera. plus, it bends the image. the space one worked out very well.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for that! I used a 640x640 and I actually got a very nice warped image lol.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
FINNALY DONE !!!!!!!!!!!

I have found the way to change the background texture of the CSS
It was too easy
-Extract "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/3D Model)
-Remplace "MenSelchrBg_TopN" by the new "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" : You will have a picture of Mario in the CSS Background
-Change the texture of "MenSelchrFaceB.001" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/Texture) you can change the size,but only power of 2 from 128x160 (too big picture freeze the game)
-In the "MenSelchrBg_TopN" model,in animations,choose " "MenSelchrBg_TopN" ,select the first bone "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" and edit the scale X and Y to make the picture bigger,try to find the good size if you want your picture to take all the background,change the Translatin Z values in a neegative number to make it more realistic

TAAAADAAAAA space background (the same that the one in my menu)

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?t1ydnimjgff

I'm too happy and proud to found that,and so surprised that was too easy like that =D

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much, it's very cool background for menu and CSS.
Very good job =D

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
just so u know, to use it with the sd loader, the directory for sel_char is pfmenu2 not pf/menu2, as in theres no slash. jtlyk

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
As Oni said, it's pfmenu2, not pf/menu2. Don't want angry noobs getting angry. :3

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Care to explain how you made the character select icons? I can't figure it out.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
When I put in the CSS background texture, I lose all my Character portraits, is there a way to fix that?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

Uhhh.... Sorry, I don't really understand that, can you clarify please?
In the common5 under sc_selcharacter_en is char_bust_tex_lz77 export it can open the texture pac and if it's called sc_selcharacter_en inside it is char_bust_tex_lz77 replace that with the one you exported is that better?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Dude, I'm using the exact file you put in the download without editing it and the CSS looks EXACTLY the same. No space background or anything. Are you sure you set this up correctly? -.o

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Here's what I made =P

It's sort of distorted because the background is warped into a sphere shape, but it's good enough for what little time you'll spend on the menu.

Questions:
1. Is it possible to swap the menu background with a stage's (3D) background?
2. If yes, does the background show up normally, without warped dimensions?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hmm, too bad. But I bet you could still find a lot of still frames from stages' backgrounds that would look good on the menu.

Dark Fawful

Smash Cadet
:(

when i replace the picture i want and use it, the game freezes after the opening clip. the screen just turns dark.

ive noticed that it turns to 10 megabytes so it may be the size so..

why does it change from 4 mb to 10 mb even when im replacing it with a smaller image?

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
When I try to change the background texture , BrawlBox tell me that this is impossible T-T

"L'opération arithmétique a provoqué un dépassement de capacité "

So in english ( with reverso x) ) :

"The arithmetic operation provoked an overflow"

Can someone tell me why I have this error ? :V

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded your SC_Character.pac, MasterHand, and put it in my SD. (PF/Menu2)
I tested it without touching it or editing anything, and the game freezes when I click on Group>Brawl with the Brrr... sound nobody likes. Anything I am doing wrong?

EDIT: My CSS problem consists, but Thank God I can still have a custom Menu.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Maybe it's better if we replace the model of the menu from sphere to a flat plane?
That way, no more stretching will occur

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Maybe it's better if we replace the model of the menu from sphere to a flat plane?
That way, no more stretching will occur
If that's possible at all, then please, someone do it. It would make the whole process so much easier.

I have an excellent Menu and CSS hack I'd love to share with everyone, but I need someone to take a video of it.

Just replace your files with this one for the purposes of the video, you don't have to keep it. You'll probably want to though xD

mu_menumain.pac: http://www.mediafire.com/?4zzmtj5mmkz

sc_selcharacter.pac: http://www.mediafire.com/?jiwzvdzmru2

my codeset: http://www.mediafire.com/?a5nnmqz1yd2

If that's possible at all, then please, someone do it. It would make the whole process so much easier.
Ive done that here. It isn't completely flat, but it doesn't distort the image at all. Please help me show everybody.

Dark Fawful

Smash Cadet
I have an excellent Menu and CSS hack I'd love to share with everyone, but I need someone to take a video of it.

Just replace your files with this one for the purposes of the video, you don't have to keep it. You'll probably want to though xD

mu_menumain.pac: http://www.mediafire.com/?4zzmtj5mmkz

sc_selcharacter.pac: http://www.mediafire.com/?jiwzvdzmru2

my codeset: http://www.mediafire.com/?a5nnmqz1yd2

Ive done that here. It isn't completely flat, but it doesn't distort the image at all. Please help me show everybody.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apF0-rxjuv0

here ya go :)

Top Bottom