• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Menu and CSS Background Texture

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Do I have to use Brawlbox to edit the "mu_menumain.pac" file (working on getting the dark blue menu btw, and I've never used Brawlbox before nor have it downloaded)? Or is there a downloadable file that is already edited and ready to just be placed wherever it's supposed to go on the SD card?

Oh and where is the proper place to put the file on the SD card, is it: "private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>menu>mu_menumain.pac"?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Do I have to use Brawlbox to edit the "mu_menumain.pac" file (working on getting the dark blue menu btw, and I've never used Brawlbox before nor have it downloaded)? Or is there a downloadable file that is already edited and ready to just be placed wherever it's supposed to go on the SD card?

Oh and where is the proper place to put the file on the SD card, is it: "private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>menu>mu_menumain.pac"

private > wii > app > RSBE > pfmenu2 > mu_menumain.pac
If you're just planning on putting the "mu_menumain.pac" on Brawl, then you won't need Brawlbox. Put the "mu_menumain.pac" on your "pfmenu2" folder.

private > wii > app > RSBE > pfmenu2 > mu_menumain.pac

If you're wanting to make your own/edit a menu background then yeah, you'll need Brawlbox. It's in here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Can anyone send me a template for custom Menu and CSS? :(
I only went as far as the menu but I haven't found it for Character select yet

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I have 2 problems!

1) I understand that the mu_menumain.pac thing goes to pfmenu2 folder to change the main menu, but what goes to the pf/menu2 folder to change the CSS?

2) I tried replacing the space background with another picture, but when I tested the picture out in the game, it turned out that the background was all blurred out & messed up. Any way to fix this?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I have 2 problems!

1) I understand that the mu_menumain.pac thing goes to pfmenu2 folder to change the main menu, but what goes to the pf/menu2 folder to change the CSS?

2) I tried replacing the space background with another picture, but when I tested the picture out in the game, it turned out that the background was all blurred out & messed up. Any way to fix this?
1.Sc_character or something like that can't remember the file name
2.was it the same size as the space background?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Also where can I find that Sc_character thing? For some reason I cant find it.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
wister you think you can just have a DL for the one that u have now only with out all the text stuff?

like just the colors and the wifi texts u have?

i like to read those things lol.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Anyone got a link on how to replace the main menu with stages?
Because I think we can have a flat version and not the BG of WWR (causes sphere distortion).

All we need to do is use the 2D stages technique, then apply it to the main menu

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I found the Character Select Screen colors. Watch this post for more info. You'll need sc_selcharacter.pac.

MiscData[30] > AnmClr(NW4R). Gogo.

1. Back Button Background = MenSelChrBack_TopN__0 > Bacl01
2. The Coloring Behind Character Renders? = MenSelChrCBase4_TopN__0 > lambert133

EDIT2: MiscData[110] holds all of the text.... I'm gonna have a field day with this.

3. MenSelchrCentry4_TopN__0 > Card14 = The little tab of Player 1's Render Base that you Click to Change Your Tag; also controls the color it flashes when you hover over it

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ok i took the original posts .pac, the space one, then i opened it with CSS editor and arranged the charatcers in tier list order, and i tried it and it didnt work/froze. The file size increase 2 mb when I changed the CSS order to tier list, maybe thats why?

I also tried it without opening the pac and editing the order. It worked but some characters could not be selectable.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I found the Character Select Screen colors. Watch this post for more info. You'll need sc_selcharacter.pac.

2. The Coloring Behind Character Renders? = MenSelChrCBase4_TopN__0 > lambert133

EDIT2: MiscData[110] holds all of the text.... I'm gonna have a field day with this.
I went through and changed all the colors in that pallete to red, when I opened it in Brawl my game froze.

I am using CSS codes and whatnot, are there ones I shouldn't be running when I am using an sc_selcharacter.pac?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Turn all of them off, just to be safe. Also if you used PW's Organizer 2.0 and read the Bugs, you'd know you need to dummy out all of the frames that don't contain your CSS.

Also repost for new page. I'm gonna keep updating.

-------------------------------------------

3. MenSelchrCentry4_TopN__0 > Card14 = The little tab of Player 1's Render Base that you Click to Change Your Tag; also controls the color it flashes when you hover over it

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
MenSelChrPanel_TopN__1 >

Panel01 = Top Panel (Behind the Brawl/Team Brawl Button) when READY TO FIGHT is up
Panel02 = Bottom Panel when READY TO FIGHT is up
Ready01 = Gradient that the background loops when READY TO FIGHT is up

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If I somehow do, yes. However, a large problem is, it doesn't LISTEN. }:<<<

I'll tell it to go purple, and it goes green. WTF?

Anyways, I have to start over :V

EDIT: I'll release a text-and-layout-only mod in a sec.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
MenSelChrCcharEff4_TopN__0:
lambert152 - The glow effect around your chosen character's render.

MenSelchrCcplevel4_TopN__0:
Card15 - The CPU's tag tab coloring (and the highlighting glow)
Card16 - No clue.

MenSelChrPanel_TopN__0:
Panel01 - The color combined with top and bottom panels of the CSS's default colors... I guess. Good luck getting them doing what you want to.

I CAN'T FIND THE REGULAR BG D:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
ooo

Looks pretty good, I have a custom CSS on so it's kinda choded, though. Are the tiles in any particular order? I might take yours and edit it.

And thanks for letting everyone know you need the CSS Fix code to make this work lol.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's meant to use the default number of tiles (Meaning no Sheik or ZSS or Alloys). If you have any more or less, it'll look bad.

It's a big vertical rectangle in the middle with Pikachu at the end, and Player 1 is at the top left, Player 2 is top right, Player 3 is bottom left, Player 4 is bottom right. For other modes, Player 1 is top left, Player 2 is bottom right.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I took of my Custom CSS code and I see it. With PW's Organizer what gets screwed up when you change the tile size? I found that setting it to 38 or 41 (depending on independant Pokemans) if you resize all of them to .9, it works really well.

Top Bottom