• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Menu and CSS Background Texture

lol either you didn't use my codeset or you dont have all the characters unlocked or something cause the CCS is all messed up. There isn't even any background. And some of the characters are in the wrong spot.

Here are the files uploaded directly off of my SD card, rather than from on my computer. Its also likely that there was a mix-up and I chose the wrong files to upload.

Try again please? Dont forget to use my GCT :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/djw3jgowiwy/RSBE01.gct

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yymgomaoi0d/sc_selcharacter.pac

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aynw1giwqtz/mu_menumain.pac

Dark Fawful

Smash Cadet
yes i was wondering why the css looked strange. gct makes everything much easier. doing this now

edit: while booting up through gecko, the codes in gct you gave had too many lines. how do you load up?

LegendarySuperMario

Smash Rookie
I tried using all this stuff too but I still only get the menu background to show...

Does the sc_selcharacter.pac need to go somewhere else besides pfmenu2?

I never tried using it before so I don't know.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Heyy, thanks for the guide MasterHand!

Any idea why the CSS Background gets killed in quality though?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Now only the SSS and the Wifi Friend Code Screen is waiting to be textured.

Can't wait.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I hope cats are still working to try to get colors working in CSS. imo they look a lot better than any replacement texture bc they move. Or is it not gonna happen?

Kebiinu

Smash Rookie
My question is in regards to the GCT. SinisterSnake, I have a GCT originally with codes that add stages, textures, and all the like. Do I have to completely replace my GCT with yours in order to use this CSS and Menu?

Thank you.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
When I downloaded your custom CSS screen, I could not select the bottom row or the Player 2 box.

I may have to defrag my SD, but I'm going to stick with my previous CSS because my TV isn't widescreen and I can't see the very right character tiles without tilting the screen.

Edit:

Now you just need to make one for event matches :D

Zephron

Smash Ace
Edit the colors in BrawlBox. We've been able to do that for a while.

What? You don't understand me.

I'm talking about how the background on the main screen has some weird factory setting, and the wheels turn and move. Animation.

Editing the colors (no clue what you mean) won't make any sort of animation on that space bg.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

I'm talking about how the background on the main screen has some weird factory setting, and the wheels turn and move. Animation.

Editing the colors (no clue what you mean) won't make any sort of animation on that space bg.
I tried to swap the menu with Final Destination's background, it was not animated. I too would like to know how to achieve animation on the menu.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.... I tried to make my own CSS background using the guide on the OP, but instead of the background becoming MenSelchrFaceB.001 from MiscData[30], it used MenSelchrFaceB.001 from char_bust_tex_lz77, which is Mario's default costume's CSP.

I downloaded the CSS on the OP and it looks like it has the same problem, in Brawlbox at least, because I know it doesn't have that problem in game.

How do I get the model to use the one in MiscData[30]?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

I thought you were talking about editing the colors of the default background, the thing where all those circles are spinning around and stuff. The colors of that background can be edited in BrawlBox. It is not possible (as far as I know) to use stage background animations or animated pictures as the menu background.

Kebiinu

Smash Rookie
In the text file, what codes are exactly needed to maintain just that CSS? All I'd like would be the CSS roster itself, any advice?

Kebiinu

Smash Rookie
Disregard my last question. I used Brawl Box to edit out what I didn't want (took forever too!), but it's all good now.

On that note I've encountered a minor bug with your CSS and Menu SinisterSnake. I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but if a Wiimote is connected, you can't turn it off via the CSS unless you take out the batteries from the Wiimote. For example, I have two gcube controllers plugged in, the Wiimote is turned on to access the GeckoOS channel. In the CSS the Third Player Icon is apparent. But when anyone tries to turn it off it just toggles between CPU and Human.

Any advice?

bigman40

Smash Master
Disregard my last question. I used Brawl Box to edit out what I didn't want (took forever too!), but it's all good now.

On that note I've encountered a minor bug with your CSS and Menu SinisterSnake. I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but if a Wiimote is connected, you can't turn it off via the CSS unless you take out the batteries from the Wiimote. For example, I have two gcube controllers plugged in, the Wiimote is turned on to access the GeckoOS channel. In the CSS the Third Player Icon is apparent. But when anyone tries to turn it off it just toggles between CPU and Human.

Any advice?
There's nothing you can do about the CSS. The CSS fix to allow people to select characters at the bottom of the screen has to be on, and this takes forces people to take out their controller completely to be off the screen (which imo, is better when stuff doesn't need to screw up during tourney).

Kebiinu

Smash Rookie
I agree, was just asking to make sure.

Final question, I used SinisterSnakes GCT and to my surprised it seemed to be playing through vBrawl. Without my stage textures and the like. Anyway, I previously had a GCT file that had all my codes used in Brawl+. Is there some way to combine SinisterSnakes GCT file with my previous GCT file? I don't have the text file for my previous GCT if you were wondering.

My apologize for such a question, been searching the forums for quite a while. Thanks for your help.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I agree, was just asking to make sure.

Final question, I used SinisterSnakes GCT and to my surprised it seemed to be playing through vBrawl. Without my stage textures and the like. Anyway, I previously had a GCT file that had all my codes used in Brawl+. Is there some way to combine SinisterSnakes GCT file with my previous GCT file? I don't have the text file for my previous GCT if you were wondering.

My apologize for such a question, been searching the forums for quite a while. Thanks for your help.
Try using this

Kebiinu

Smash Rookie
I've used that before, it's still a bit buggy but I'll find a way to work around it.

Thanks for all your help.

Edit: If it's not too much trouble, is there anyway to find the latest Brawl+ Codeset through a Txt File? It'd be much more convenient having to just copy and paste the codes onto SinisterSnakes Txt file and load it through Gecko via Homebrew.

Edit2: Never mind, I believe I found it http://www.brawlplus.net/downloads/RSBE01.txt. I'm under the impression that, that is the 6.0 codeset but they just didn't change the number. Regardless, it's what I want. Thanks again.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey SMH, when I try to open your sel_char in CSS Organizer, all of the CSP windows are in the middle with NO CSIs... and when I click on someones name, I get a crash. This is all in CSS Organizer not in game. I have a few custom character slots like skullkid and mewtwo, and I wanted to move them around.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I thought you were talking about editing the colors of the default background, the thing where all those circles are spinning around and stuff. The colors of that background can be edited in BrawlBox. It is not possible (as far as I know) to use stage background animations or animated pictures as the menu background.
Never say something is "not possible".

Secondly, I'm sure it is possible, seeing as Nintendo has the background animated... We just haven't got the proper tools, or we simply don't know how.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I simply can not figure why, but SMH's CSS does not work. I tried Sinistersnakesennin's CSS and it actually worked... as with my own, it is the same result as SMH's... can someone help mii out? I would like to solve this problem as it is long overdue.

Top Bottom