• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF Presents: The Legend of SOVAman, 3/20/10, Hagerstown MD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Singles Results ($10 entry)

1: Candy ($150.00) (Snake)
2: Korn ($70.00) (Metaknight)
3: ChuDat ($41.00) (Kirby)
4: Lie ($13.00) (Falco)
5: Boss ($6.00) (Wario/Luigi)
5: Meep ($6.00) (Ice Climbers)
7: Alpha Zealot (Diddy Kong)
7: Logic (Olimar)
9: YO (Pit)
9: Sin (Lucario)
9: Hova (Peach)
9: G-reg (Snake)
13: Tantalus (Metaknight)
13: Waffle (ZSS/Luigi)
13: EE (Metaknight)
13: SOVAman (Metaknight)
17: Honor (Marth)
17: Lucas
17: Stanley
17: Deez (Diddy Kong)
17: Mattix (Marth)
17: Ghengis Pot (Dedede)
17: ESOJ (Diddy Kong)
17: Jbandit
25: Bonk (Ice Climbers)
25: Brett
25: U-MOS
25: LFN

Doubles Results: ($10 entry)

1: Korn + AlphaZealot
2: PS + Forte
3: Hova + Meep
4: Yoster + YO
5: Nightshine + Methos
5: G-reg + Mattix
7: Brett + Andrew

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
i got a lil headache after tourney was over...... i bet it's because of singles.. :(

Phil, Brandon and Tant's epic car ride was my favorite part of today.............. lol thanks guys

AlphaZealot, good **** in doubles ! :) and sorry for stolen your vids :bee: lol

nice tourny shoutouts to
korn good **** two close games mk 2 goods
chu killed myself ill get you next time
boss douche!!!!!
didi mains step it up
sin never in tourny
logic get ***** more
mattis nice friendlies
greg 2 on one seriously
hova funny guy you are
lie stop choking on big games that you can win di better
dude.. you're so.. good now D:
nice to see you again though :)

falco03

Smash Lord
nice tourny shoutouts to
korn good **** two close games mk 2 goods
chu killed myself ill get you next time
boss douche!!!!!
didi mains step it up
sin never in tourny
logic get ***** more
mattis nice friendlies
greg 2 on one seriously
hova funny guy you are
lie stop choking on big games that you can win di better

BMX

Smash Lord
This tourney was a big waste of time with fail hype.

I'm never going to MD tourneys, the one time this sounded exciting, and more than half of MD players players don't go.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean... didn't Tantalus confirm 40+?

Jungle Japes? Pokemon Stadium 2?

*Blues shrug*

Good stuff, Lie! Good **** @ Candy holding it down. Hovaaa sonnnn. Cooters all in full attendence except Omnisteve. :( Maybe next time.

clowsui

Smash Legend
AZ...i have nothing to say to you

lie is solid

but you're better than this. come down to cincinnati sometime so we can play falco vs. diddy endlessly before MLG columbus, i don't want to see you lose to any more falcos ever. count will be in cincy too and he and i have good fights all the time so it'll be a good time.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hope some of Lie's vids got recorded. Guy comes back from long hiatus and gets top placings again. Too good.

Black+Falco=Good

Possible PR? ROFL. Who the **** knows anymore. This new PR gonna be clusterduck.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
This tourney was a big waste of time with fail hype.

I'm never going to MD tourneys, the one time this sounded exciting, and more than half of MD players players don't go.
FNB decided not to go at the last second. For the most part, FNB is full of MD players (Kenny as an exception) and would have boosted entrants by 8 or more.

Don't blame Tant on this one.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Lie always places high whenever he goes to tourneys and he rarely even goes. If he went to more tourneys I honestly believe he could be the DEHF of the East Coast and top 5 in MD/VA.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The Location is way out of the way, Ben

I had a ton of people say they were coming etc. who decided not to, which was depressing. We had 28...12 short of 40. Plus a couple people showed up that didn't enter becuase they didn't realize you had to pay for the tournament...

The Five Guys tournament will have a TON of people ben, as will the new ChuDat tourneys (which are only 30 mins or so from WB, but in MD)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Get ****ing *****, all of you. Candy owes me a dollar--I think you can give me one now.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had a lot of fun. I don't know what all the complaining is about, the stages barely got used and when they did I didn't see any real problems. I would have preferred everyone had one stage ban instead of two but I can cope, NO JOHNS EVERYONE!

1: Candy ($150.00) (Snake) - nice win, didn't lose to you cause I lost to Gregs snake instead :(
2: Korn ($70.00) (Metaknight) - good **** teaming with you in doubles. We dominated. We've teamed twice and taken 2nd and 1st, not bad.
3: ChuDat ($41.00) (Kirby) - You kirby is mad creative. Good **** mangz! Sorry you didn't make it in time for doubles
4: Lie ($13.00) (Falco) - I'll get ya next time! I had fun playing you in our MM's and in our tournament matches. You know the Diddy MU really, really well.
5: Boss ($6.00) (Wario/Luigi) - What? Are? You? Doing? With? Wario?
5: Meep ($6.00) (Ice Climbers) - Meep you need to return to dominance. Nice work placing in doubles though!
7: Alpha Zealot (Diddy Kong) - Step it up. At least its top 8 I guess
7: Logic (Olimar) - Fun MM's we had and hopefully I'll work on the Oli MU more so that I'll take ya down! ggs
9: YO (Pit) - Nice Pit man! You had me scared game one cause of that edge-arrow crap. Brinstar was a bad CP choice for you I think cause it simply meant you couldn't do the one thing that was actually annoying me (arrows from the edge).
9: Sin (Lucario) - Didn't play...and since when do you use Lucario?
9: Hova (Peach) - We have been at so many tournaments and we never get to fight. I think the only time we have played was like in doubles over a year ago.
9: G-reg (Snake) - Snake. GG's as always and I love hanging out with you. I'll figure out this MU someday. Step it up I know you can place in the top of MD/VA you got the talent.
13: Tantalus (Metaknight) - Your MK is good I think you just need a lot of work in the Diddy match up. You have improved a lot since we last played, keep stepping it up.
13: EE (Metaknight) - Good to see you again man. Why do we never get to play in tournament? MD/VA needs poooollllllllsss
17: Lucas - Good games man, you did pretty good for your first tournament (right?).
17: Deez (Diddy Kong) - You gotta play not-so-aggressive more often. You seem to attack constantly and because of that it becomes predictable. I know you are better than 17th man!
17: ESOJ (Diddy Kong) - What are you doing down here? Diddy's step it up!
25: Bonk (Ice Climbers) - Fun friendlies!

Deez.

Smash Lord
Womp Womp not the turnout i was expecting... very surprised :( esp since Tant said I'm lookin at 40+. But Big Ups to EE for holdin it down lol.

Shout Outs:

1: Candy ($150.00) (Snake) - Hmm maybe you do deserve the # 1 Spot.
2: Korn ($70.00) (Metaknight)- PLEASE!!! for the love of god go to MLG... lol
3: ChuDat ($41.00) (Kirby)- Hmm I see your learning all your matchups a lot better chu. good ****
4: Lie ($13.00) (Falco)- o.O Wtf? this must be a mistake... sike nah good stuff lie.
5: Boss ($6.00) (Wario/Luigi)- Why even put Luigi on here.. he went him once lmao. more camping! more combos! more farts! lol
5: Meep ($6.00) (Ice Climbers)- Mk too goodz? :p
7: Alpha Zealot (Diddy Kong)- Really? Dk.. smh I hate you lol. good stuff none the less
7: Logic (Olimar)- *Sleep Johns* :(
9: YO (Pit)- My Nigg@ lol
9: Sin (Lucario)- o.O bringin back Rolling lucario? maybe.. hehe
9: Hova (Peach)- I can easily say this tournament would of been some garbage without you Hova. your hilarious lmao
9: G-reg (Snake)-Candy and you had the best Set.
13: Tantalus (Metaknight)-Good stuff
13: Waffle (ZSS/Luigi)- Good stuff
13: EE (Metaknight)- fun mms. Bs always happens game 2 :(
13: SOVAman (Metaknight)- lol Snake?
17: Honor (Marth)
17: Lucas
17: Stanley
17: Deez (Diddy Kong)- Eww step it up!
17: Mattix (Marth)- fun mms
17: Ghengis Pot (Dedede)
17: ESOJ (Diddy Kong)- Wtf? o.O

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I remember when AZ was talking **** about how EC sucked, 7th in MD LOL Midwest sucks.
Way to take EC crew battle trash talk for Pound 4 out of context. I <3 MD/VA too I would never say they sucked, that trash talk was directed mostly at NY/NJ. MD/VA has more depth then NY/NJ, by far.

Oh, and I made more money at this tournament then everyone except Candy and Korn.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Way to take EC crew battle trash talk for Pound 4 out of context. I <3 MD/VA too I would never say they sucked, that trash talk was directed mostly at NY/NJ. MD/VA has more depth then NY/NJ, by far.
no, this isn't pound 4 stuff, it was only you saying Midwest had better players esp after Chu being outplaced by YBM Vgbootcamp. kthx bye ;P get at EC level. And NY/NJ is better, check top 5 at Pound 4 sir ;) or VC7

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
good **** to my fellow candy..
your lucky i was not there to **** you xD
Lie where the f is my $200 yo..
you need to stop b'sing
Korn is doing so well
wow maybe you need to enter singles more..
ohh yea AZ how long you gonna be in MD??

Mini takeover get yo *** out of this thread
EC>Canada

AllyKnight

good **** to my fellow candy..
your lucky i was not there to **** you xD
Lie where the f is my $200 yo..
you need to stop b'sing
Korn is doing so well
wow maybe you need to enter singles more..

Mini takeover get yo *** out of this thread
EC>Canada
I can atleast admit that it's true, cept Top player from Canada > All. ;P

When did I say this stuff?
I already have a bad memory, let's not go further than this LOL.

Coney

Smash Master
FNB decided not to go at the last second. For the most part, FNB is full of MD players (Kenny as an exception) and would have boosted entrants by 8 or more.

Don't blame Tant on this one.
this is actually true. mostly all of us were planning on at least visiting, but in the end it was really that it was too far out of the way to make it practical. sova!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I already have a bad memory, let's not go further than this LOL.
I have a pretty good memory and I cannot recall me EVER saying the things you are trying to make everyone believe I said.

All I remember is trash talking for Pound 4 crew battle, which is what you're suppose to do.

In other words: stop making **** up and trying to create drama in a tournament thread for something you didn't even go to.

AllyKnight

I have a pretty good memory and I cannot recall me EVER saying the things you are trying to make everyone believe I said.

All I remember is trash talking for Pound 4 crew battle, which is what you're suppose to do.

In other words: stop making **** up and trying to create drama in a tournament thread for something you didn't even go to.
you mad. I'll stop but sure mr. AZ.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Great tournament Tant and my sEExy chocolatEE bear ;)

Korn-Close first match but second round i just threw myself at you and you ***** me, good job on 1/2 split.

AlphaZealot- good matches in doubles and singles, suprise yoster and I took a match off of you and korn but it was RC lmao. I only picked Brinstar because i really dont know the diddy MU that well and tried to get rid of that banana game, which is my hardest problem.

Mattix- Legit marth, havent played one in a few months so it was nice to get that practice in.

Meep- Good games, your IC's ***** me to shreds -.- .

Yosters car- good **** *pound*

BMX

Smash Lord
Me, Chu, Esoj, Boss, and Candy spend 1 hour and 30 mins driving down to this from VA and they couldn't even come from their own state?

*facepalm*

Actually, it doesn't matter. >_> No more MD tourneys.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think so but its a specific campy arrow play style that disrupts bananas that is the problem. YO did very well in our first game cause he was employing this style for the most part but the second game on Brinstar meant for a smaller stage + walls on each side to disrupt arrows but to keep bananas on the stage (plus bananas are good for bouncing off these things).

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Me, Chu, Esoj, Boss, and Candy spend 1 hour and 30 mins driving down to this from VA and they couldn't even come from their own state?

*facepalm*

Actually, it doesn't matter. >_> No more MD tourneys.
how do you think we feel when we come down to VA & you guys can't come
:)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh yea YO good **** on cruise in doubles you brought that back from a 2v1. I still can't believe we forgot to ban cruise though, rofl.

Top Bottom