• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF Presents: The Legend of SOVAman, 3/20/10, Hagerstown MD

BMX

Smash Lord
how do you think we feel when we come down to VA & you guys can't come
:)
Because we have responsibilities.

I work practically every day, and the one time I skip work for a hyped tourney, no one shows.

What really ticks me off is the time limit we were given, yet said time limit was false, so we couldn't enter doubles.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Ben, next time get a ride that knows how to be on time, no one wants to wait for your slow selves. Besides, the people running it can only do so much, if people wanna bail out last minute cause their lazy that's not on us.

FNB(minus David) - save the JOHNS, ya lames
Lie where the f is my $200 yo..
you need to stop b'sing
LMAO

Lie owes you 200 for real? And Sin owes Jose like 200 as well, I have no idea why someone hasn't been knocked out yet LOL

Coney

Smash Master
*k9 here*

Ben: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxJ2XX0cC8

who did the seeding for this >_>

sorry @ tant and EE for not being able to make it. Ill try hard to make it to whatever yalls next event is!

g**** lie and cafe

*coney here*

is it really that big of a deal? gee whiz guys, we just opted to spend the day semi-outdoors. we had to drive the same distance as the VA crew, we just decided not to brave the trip.

i've honestly probably fit my tournament quota for the next two months anyway.

*sassy here*

suck it

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Sorry about the back room being cramped. It is easier to run when everyone is all in one area. I kind of didn't get to hang out too much back there. I spent some time manning the entry counter and working the bake sale. It was a lot of hard work.

I am sure some of you may have liked the venue due to internet, livestream, and easier to find location. Though some still had some trouble. Getting the venue is a lot of work, made much more complicated by the fact that most of the gaming club are dreamers not doers, and the fact that we need a faculty member at all times to even be allowed to have the event. So I am sorry we had to kick you all out at 7, but the faculty member was ready to go home and I had another event to work in which I actually got paid (for doing less in fact.).

We are going to try looking for a new venue in which we can get freedom as well as internet and space. The bake sale and card sale turned out great. Thanks to all who made purchases.

Shoutouts- Tant and EE, too good guys. Playing in two tournaments at the same time and still being able to run them. Pretty impressive. Though there were a couple of Yugioh players who were not pleased that there matches ended abruptly. Should have given me and herf some of the load.
Chu and Candy- epic match really exciting and they say brawl is boring to watch.
SOVAman- has the name change made you better?
Honor- fun friendlies
Billy- Good job coming in second in yugioh.
G-reg- Sorry I didn't have a psp to play you in dissidia. Maybe next time. We will also have to play mario kart sometime.

It is a real shame I didn't get to spend much time with the brawl people.

I was not impressed with some of the yugioh players. They seemed unwilling to work with me when we made every attempt to work with them. There was a lot of complaining and with the card disputes to top it off just really drove me nuts. The guy who got his venue fee back because he wasn't playing brawl particularly irked me when he went in the other room to play a bit of brawl anyway after getting his refund.

Also I heard from the concession stand workers that some people tried to steal food. That is not tolerable.

Sorry if the riceballs were bland. We usually use chicken and we usually add more flavor but we were kind of in a rush when making them. I apologize for our shortcomings. Hope you all had a good time.

According to the doorman we had nearly 40 people there. It is just some of them didn't want to play brawl. Also herf and I didn't get a chance to enter either of the events.

I feel bad for the VA group that didn't get to participate in doubles.

I hope to be able to maybe attend more tournaments in the future.

hova

Smash Champion
good stuff to anyone i played
good stuff to all the top placers
good stuff to all the new people coming out and trying to get better

bad stuff to BMX for whining like a little girl

i'll see you all sometime in the future when i randomly show up again

someone buy Chu a controller

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
For Reference, I think the last times Alpha Zealot entered singles in our region, he got 7th, 9th, and 7th

respectively in teams, I think he's gotten 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea I think my last 5 MD/VA tournaments have gone:
Singles: 4th/9th/did not enter/9th/7th
Doubles: 2nd/3rd/2nd/3rd/1st

Boss: change your password
Candy: don't use his account
(I am a mod, remember? I had assumed Boss was aware that Candy was using it and had permission but this appears to not be the case)

boss8

Smash Hero
Yea I think my last 5 MD/VA tournaments have gone:
Singles: 4th/9th/did not enter/9th/7th
Doubles: 2nd/3rd/2nd/3rd/1st

Boss: change your password
Candy: don't use his account
(I am a mod, remember? I had assumed Boss was aware that Candy was using it and had permission but this appears to not be the case)
na bro tell him to get off of it...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Change your password. Your account is obviously compromised. There is nothing else that can be done to ensure he does not use it.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
What did you all think of the bakesale food?

Hope it wasn't too hot in that back room.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
shut up ally go back to ****ing canada. i would **** your ****, $10 money match, i invented all snake tech by myself, you just play homo and win (probably copied my ****), just like all of NY/NJ. It's unfortunate that the snakes in MD/VA are inconsistent and sucky, and all our good MKs get SO BORED of playing like COMPLETE HOMOS that they barely even bother to enter the tournaments and play this game anymore. besides them our best players use kirby/luigi/olimar, who basically cant place at nationals because its borderline impossible to go through 6 GAY *** MKs in a row with low tier characters (thats right, if you dont play mk/snake/diddy/ICs, you are playing low tier).

thats my rant. fun tourney tant and EE, suggestions:
-get a longer time limit for the venue (if 10-20 more people were there, we definitely would not finish in time)
-have the bracket closer to the setups (i had to put in my wins/losses myself, in the other room)
-start on time! if chu and candy wanna be late to everything, they need to learn that they wont succeed in life, OR at smash.

GGs to all i played, except P~S, whos non-olimar characters resemble poo. :)

thanks mattix for teaming with me, you are the man to drive out this far all the time to get better. i was playing like anushole in teams so my b. cooter for a day!

hova and meep are amazing. steve, not so much :)

Random chick who works at the venue, talking to us outside - lets make interracial caramel colored babies together

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
shut up ally go back to fucking canada. i would **** your shit, $10 money match, i invented all snake tech by myself, you just play homo and win (probably copied my shit), just like all of NY/NJ. It's unfortunate that the snakes in MD/VA are inconsistent and sucky, and all our good MKs get SO BORED of playing like COMPLETE HOMOS that they barely even bother to enter the tournaments and play this game anymore. besides them our best players use kirby/luigi/olimar, who basically cant place at nationals because its borderline impossible to go through 6 GAY ASS MKs in a row with low tier characters (thats right, if you dont play mk/snake/diddy/ICs, you are playing low tier).

thats my rant. fun tourney tant and EE, suggestions:
-get a longer time limit for the venue (if 10-20 more people were there, we definitely would not finish in time)
-have the bracket closer to the setups (i had to put in my wins/losses myself, in the other room)
-start on time! if chu and candy wanna be late to everything, they need to learn that they wont succeed in life, OR at smash.

GGs to all i played, except P~S, whos non-olimar characters resemble poo. :)

thanks mattix for teaming with me, you are the man to drive out this far all the time to get better. i was playing like anushole in teams so my b. cooter for a day!

hova and meep are amazing. steve, not so much :)

Random chick who works at the venue, talking to us outside - lets make interracial caramel colored babies together
LOL Oh ****TTT I GIVE UP, GREG FOR... god.

but I didnt copy **** from any snake other than mortar slide from psycho and c4 recovery from whoever., suck my **** greg :p

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master

g-regulate

Smash Hero
haha, i only said that about that chick because she came outside and one of the first things she said was about how she LOVED to fuck. i almost jumped on it right then

Top Bottom