• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUSION presents: UCI SMASH 2.0 - May 22nd - BRING SETUPS!/PRE-REG!/POOLS!

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
The Date

* May 22nd, 2010, Saturday

The Location/Venue

* University of California - Irvine => Dr. White Room, located at the bottom of the Cross Cultural Center.

The Directions

* From I-405N
Exit Culver Drive​
Left onto Culver Drive​
Right onto Campus Drive​

* From I-405S
Exit Culver Drive​
Right onto Culver Drive​
Right onto Campus Drive​

* Parking can be made either at the University Town Center (aka, the UTC, where In-N-Out is) or a parking lot/structure near the venue.

To access the parking lots/structure: On Campus Drive, turn into West Peltason Drive so that you're going into the campus (and not towards the UTC/apartments), and turn left onto Pereira Drive. A parking structure should be immediately to your left, and a parking lot can be found further down on the right.

If coming from the UTC: walk across Watson Bridge onto campus, traverse the steps past the flagpoles, head right once on Ring Road and the Cross Cultural Center will be directly across from Aldrich Hall/Starbucks.

On the map below, the Cross Cultural Center is Building 103!

http://www.parking.uci.edu/templates/campusmap/submap.cfm?area=admin

The Schedule

Set-up/Registration/Warm-ups: 11:00am - 12:30pm
Doubles Bracket: 12:30pm - 3:00(ish)pm
Singles Pools+Bracket: 3:00pm - whenever
Clean-up/Go Home: 9:00pm - 10:00 pm

* Times are subject to change based on turnout/setups/cooperation. We normally have about 6 setups provided, but the more the merrier/easier it is to do things.

* PLEASE be on time/on alert. I really don't want to have to DQ or anything for tardiness/inattentiveness.

The Setups

TVs

1) FUSION
2) FUSION
3) FUSION
4) FUSION
5) Thundercloud
6) Connor
7) Rei
8)
9)
10)

GC/Wii + Game

1) FUSION
2) FUSION
3) FUSION
4) FUSION
5) Thundercloud
6) Spreedom (Singles)
7) Connor
8) Rei
9)
10)

Power Strips

1) FUSION
2) FUSION
3)

The Fees and Payouts

* Venue/Club fee = $5
* Singles = $5
* Doubles = $5 per teammate

Discounts off venue fee if you bring setup stuff and we use it!

Singles/Teams

* 1st = 60%
* 2nd = 30%
* 3rd = 10%

* So the school government might get on the club's/my butt about handing out cash as prizes... If any such report comes to attention, the player's cash pot will be converted to Visa gift cards (which can be used just about anywhere) in the same percentages listed above so we don't get shut down or anything. Keep it on the down low ;)

The Rules

* 4 stocks, 8 minute timer, no items.
* All matches will be held best 2/3, with Loser's/Winner's/Grand Finals being held best 3/5.
* Tournament will be held as double-elimination style.
* DOUBLES: Team Attack is ON, sharing of lives is allowed.
* In the event of a draw, remaining stocks are used, followed by percentage. If it's both tied, a one stock match will be used to determine the winner.
* Stage Striking - Should occur for the first match of the set. Rock-paper-scissors to determine who goes first. Order should be 1-2-2-1.
* Advanced Slob Picks - The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule - No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again.
* Double blind picking can be called before selection of characters for the first match of a set, and first match only.
* All those tweaked/modded controllers outside of cosmetic changes only are excluded from use, those glitches (IC freeze glitch/Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, etc.) and stalling tactics (Rising pound, Peach Bomber at unreachable areas under stages, etc.) are banned.
* Wobbling is most likely banned, but see the gentleman's thing I'm borrowing off the Pound 4 ruleset below.

* Singles Neutral Stages = Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
* Singles Counterpick = Neutral stages, Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise
* Doubles Neutral Stages = Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Doubles Counterpick = Neutral stages (doubles), Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise

* Being Gentlemanly-ish - If both players agree to a rule outside of the ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick an obscure stage and the other player is fine with that because they think it's plausible or they want to spice things up on the TV screen, then that is more than fine. I guess this goes for wobbling as well. In the event of a disagreement, the house rules will stand. This is here for your guys' discretion.

Pre-registration and Other Important Information

PRE-REGISTRATION LINK IS HERE: http://fusion.zotters.org/melee

Link to past tournament(s): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265680

* There's going to be a booth on Ring Road of UCI pubbing for this event this week and all of next week with the option of pre-registering. There will also be a Melee setup at the booth like last quarter to build hype and where people can come up and get some friendlies in. I remember meeting MacD and Julian this way... Quite humbling experiences lol. ^_^

* Contact Info
If you want to reach me directly with any concerns/comments (and be sure to voice them in this thread):

AIM - ahchoomattchu
Email - ahchoomattchu@gmail.com
Phone # - (858)353-5927 (text or leave a voicemail if I can't answer)
Facebook - Matthew Florida (If you send a message/friend request, mention something along the lines of Smash)

THE RESULTS​

DOUBLES
1: Doing it to Psychomidget (MacD + Connor) ($96.00)
2: We need a team name (Lucky + Zhu) ($48.00)
3: Alex + Fly (Fly Amanita + Alex19) ($16.00)
4: Hyprid + Fiction (Hyprid + Fiction)
5: Fromance (Kira + Rei)
5: what is this i don't even (stabbedbyajapanesedomesticmarket + psychomidget)
7: Last Minute (Adam S. + Special K)
7: If you challenge me and you fail, (Okami + Signia)
9: Korean Wannabes (Sooyoung + Yuri)
9: BUFF (melrak90 + Eclipse)
9: M & M (Mark D. + Michael D.)
9: Home Depot (Kenny S. + Jason C.)
13: Better Koreans (Anto P. + Paul L.)
13: The Koreans (Leon X. + Michael C.)
13: Slave Labor (Charles + DJ Mirror)
13: FREE $10 FOR ZHU AND MACD (Thundercloud + Ching)

SINGLES
1: Lucky ($99.00)
2: Zhu ($49.50)
3: MacD ($16.50)
4: Alex19
5: Fly Amanita
5: Connor
7: Fiction
7: GSUB
9: Cortez
9: psychomidget
9: hyprid
9: Shmooguy
13: Carlvin<3Sooyoung
13: stappedbyajapanesedomesticmarket
13: DJ Mirror sucks
13: Okami

There were 33 entrants for singles, and a 16-man bracket was made after running three pools of 8 and one pool of 9, with the top 4 in each advancing forward.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
last time was pretty fun. I'll probably go again. people actually watched grand finals last time

JDM

Smash Champion
Nice. I haven't seen him since I played brawl. I'll be comming to this tourney.

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****, I haven't played any serious Smash since the last tournament. Need to start practicing! D:

I'm totally down to go. I'll let you know if I can bring my setup later. Will there be epic boothing on Ring Road this quarter?

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
There's going to be a smashfest of sorts on the UCI campus later today at Engineering Tower 331 (ET 331). The room is normally for study hours on Mondays and Thursdays, but with the weight of midterms off some of our backs, we decided to relax and play some Melee instead.

It'll only be one (maybe two) setups, and it'll start around 7pm or 8pm. You're all free to come (and own/teach us).

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
There's going to be a smashfest of sorts on the UCI campus later today at Engineering Tower 331 (ET 331). The room is normally for study hours on Mondays and Thursdays, but with the weight of midterms off some of our backs, we decided to relax and play some Melee instead.

It'll only be one (maybe two) setups, and it'll start around 7pm or 8pm. You're all free to come (and own/teach us).
noooooooo I have a midterm on friday :(:(:(:(

well we'll see how studying for that goes haha, I'm down to play

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
wow i wish i could come but i have a midterm

i really want to play different ppl as much as possible

you got this thundercloud

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
@Squid: I think the setup will be there at about 730. Also, I decided to pick up ICs. lol

@Kirbyraeg and Rei: Good luck on your midterms!

@Thundercloud: Please come, it's been a really long time since I saw/played you.

I think Devl is coming and bringing his group too for some crew battles.

Top Bottom