• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TASOL 2010 - December 18, 2010 (IMPORTANT POST - CHECK THE OP!)

Curlz

Smash Lord
POST OF IMPORTANCE

As much as it pains me, I regret to say that TASOL will have to be canceled or postponed to a later date.

There was an issue with one of our anonymous sponsors for TASOL that ended up not being able to hold up their end of the bargain and couldn't give us the money that we needed to pay off the room. They promised us they would be able to cover the extra charge for the venue and ended up not coming through. This meaning, I would have to come up with $1500 in 2 weeks or we would need a 75+ person attendance in order to have TASOL, and that's just too much of a gamble for me to take.

If there is anyone that has planned on flying out to come to this and have already purchased a plane ticket, please get in touch with me as soon as via PM, phone, etc and I will completely reimburse you for what you paid for your ticket.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this poses on anyone. I take full responsibility for letting this happen.

The Awesome Smash Of Louisiana
TASOL 2010

Are you ready for Louisiana's biggest tournament yet? Well you're looking at it!

Special thanks to our sponsors:

$100 IS ADDED TO THE SINGLES POT

Also Special Thanks to Monster's Arcade for coming out from Houston, Texas to stream this event for you.

Other Links:

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/laffysmash
Allisbrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9644

Changes:
Will be updated as soon as something is changed. Keep checking back.

May 13, 2010
Video added to the Venue Information Section
Pot Bonus added.

July 23, 2010
New Venue, Same Attractions
More info added to the Venue Information's Attractions
Poster Added to the Venue Information Section

August 17, 2010
Updated Stagelist

August 19, 2010
Monster's Arcade is streaming the event
Preregistration Forum added to the second post
NAME TAGS

November 25, 2010
Pre-Tourny Warm Up
No More Name Tags :[

NAME TAGS
Individual convention-like name tags are being made for everyone who preregisters. It will have the TASOL Logo (coming soon) with your name on it to let people know in the future that you attended TASOL 2010 and it will be a great keepsake for the future. They are being sold for $4. Let us know when you preregister if you want one or not.

Due to some problems with the company supplying the name tags, we will not be able to have them shipped in time for this event. I sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to having a convention-style name tage from Tasol. I do, however, promise you will not forget this experience.

Contact Information
Here is my contact information. Get in touch with me in ANY way possible if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Phone: (337) 278 8137
Email: thuendoftime@yahoo.com
AIM: jareddjuvenile
AllisBrawl: Curlz

Important Stuff:
1. CHECK SECOND POST FOR MORE INFO
2. This is a one day tournament.
3. The tournament will take ALL DAY Saturday.
4.BE SURE TO PREREGISTER! If you do not preregister and you are late, you will be charged an extra $10 to enter the tournament AND you will not be seeded into pools assuming its not too late to enter pools.
5. Housing/ Attendance/ Equipment info is in the second post.

ATTENTION: To Everyone Who Is Still Undecided!

FakeGeorge is hosting a tournament on Friday, December 17th (the day before Tasol) in Baton Rouge, LA (1 hour from Lafayette). If you are on the fence about coming out to LA for this tournament, think of this as a Double-Feature Tournament. You will get to go to TWO Louisiana Tournaments in only one trip to Louisiana and you get to meet multiple people. This way you get the FULL effect of an Out of State experience and you'll also get a perfect, pre-tourny warm up for a National Tournament!

Check here for more info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243

Dates/ Schedule:

Saturday, December 18, 2010

10:00am - Doors open/Sign Ups/Friendlies
~11:30am - Doubles begins.
~3:30pm - Singles Pools begin.
~6:00pm - Singles Bracket
~12:00am - Pack up and leave

Fees:

-Venue fee = $25 (includes ALL DAY buffet)
-Brawl Singles = $15
-Brawl Teams = $10 a person/ $20 a team
-Both members of a team MUST register [pay] at the same time!
-NO refunds on entry fees. Don't register if you don't want to enter.
-If you are late, you must pay and extra $10 entry fee for the tournament assuming its not too late to enter pools/bracket AND you will not be seeded.

The PAYOUT

Singles:
1-19 players = 80 / 20
20 - 39 players = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 players = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 players = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ players = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-9 teams = 80 / 20
10 - 19 teams = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 teams = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 teams = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ teams = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Venue information:

4533 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70503
Phone: (337) 504 3491

Attractions:
ALL DAY Pizza Buffet (covered by the venue fee)
Arcade
Go Karts
Mini Golf
Bowling
DDR Supernova (for those Rhythm Game enthusiasts out there)
*NEW* Built in Bar

Only the buffet is included with the venue fee. Arcade, Go Karts, Mini Golf, and Bowling must be paid for separately.

General Info:
-NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS
-Watch your language! This is a family establishment.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg

Flier:
http://a.imageshack.us/img801/642/tasolposter.png

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=119205374777105

Rules:

General Rules

-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-Singles will consist of seeded Round Robin pools followed by double-elimination bracket seeded COMPLETELY by pool results.
-Teams will consist of a seeded (to the extent teams can be seeded) double-elimination bracket.

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

Double Elimination:
-3 stock; 7:00 Singles; 8:00 Doubles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Ledge Grab Limit: 45 (Exception: Norfare and Japes are 55)
-Ledge Grab Rule only enforced in a timed out match.
-Scrooging is banned.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress.
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 10 minutes, maybe up to 20 minutes, you lose.
-No infinities past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.
-Marth's Infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned.
-King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario are banned.
-Chibo's Video Rule, you cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event, is in effect.
--MikeHAZE's Disruption Rule, no yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent, is in effect.

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%. The Infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.

HACKS:

DO NOT load ANY Brawl hacks. That is all. The only thing I will allow is infinite replay on selected TVs.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A (higher seed) chooses 4 stages he/she does not want to play on and then Player B (lower seed) chooses 4 from the remaining stages he/she does not want to play on. The remaining stage is the stage that will be played on. Players may agree on a stage if they do not want to stage strike.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List
------------
Starter:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
The rest

As usual, I am open to suggestions. Let me know if I've forgotten anything or you think something should be addressed / changed. I'm willing to hear you out.

Curlz

Smash Lord

Housing:

Can house:
Lafayette: 10 Minutes Away
rOni; 4 people

New Orleans: 2 Hours Away
JNig; 6 people

LOUSIANA! Let me know if you can house!

In addition to whatever housing people can offer, there are a few nearby hotels that are fairly cheap that can be found by clicking HERE

Attendees:

Please preregister and post it in this thread. I will be keeping track of everyone who has preregistered already. If you preregister, you have a guaranteed seeded spot in pools, and you're name will be entered into a raffle for a prize to win a prize donated from one of our sponsors. We are also selling individualized convention-like name tags for each person that preregisters. (more info in the OP)

If you know someone that is interested in coming, but doesn't visit SWF, you may preregister for them.

PREREGISTRATION FORUM

Name (Nickname):
City/State:
Name Tag?: Yes/No
Equipment:

EXAMPLE

Name (Nickname): Curlz
City/State: Lafayette, Louisiana
Name tag?: Yes
Equipment: TV, Wii, Brawl, Power Strip

-------

This is a list of everyone who expressed interest in coming. This will be updated constantly.
(if you're name is on here and you have not preregistered, please preregister immediately)

Total ESTIMATED Attendance: 46 = $690 pot

Alabama:
Jin
Ragnarok
Ryker

Canada:(lol)
Ally

Florida:
Afro_Thunda
B AWAL
D-Torr (Kissimmee)
Ruse
TheSaintKai
Skaterbaj

Louisiana:
Batto
BSL (Baton Rouge)
BSP
ChKn (Lafayette)
Curlz (Lafayette)
Cyphus (Houma)
FPDav (Lafayette)
Gray (Lake Charles)
Hyro (Baton Rouge)
IceMann
IShouldBeStudying
Jesse the King
Jiovanni (New Orleans)
JNig (Metairie)
Lee Martin
MasterMajora
NiTEZ (Baton Rouge)
-Ran (New Orleans)
RickyB
Snag (Luling)
Turazrok

Maryland
MysteryTigerTeen
Seagull Man

Mississippi:
brawlman1000 (Liberty)
Winnar

New York
Alex Strife

North Carolina
Purple Mantis

Texas:
Fogo
GNes
Jerm
Smoom
Synced
Rockettrainer
Trela
UltimateRazer
Zigsta (Austin)

Equipment:

RULES:

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

We NEED AT LEAST 20 setups for this to work well. That's 20 Wiis/Brawl/TVs.

TVs = 6 (8)
Wiis = 9 (12)
Brawl = 8 (11)
Power Strips = 4 (5)

Who's bringing what:
Play N Trade: TV, Wii, Brawl
Curlz: TV, Wii, Brawl, Power Strip
ChKn: Wii, Brawl, Power Strip
Zigsta: TV, Wii, Brawl, Power Strip
Jiovanni: TV, Wii, Brawl
Synced: 2 Wiis
D-Torr: ~Wii, ~Brawl
JNig: TV, Wii, Brawl
BSL: ~TV, Wii, Brawl, Power Strip
-Ran: TV, Wii, Brawl
FPDav: ~TV, ~Wii, ~Brawl
Brawlman1000: ~Wii, ~Brawl, ~Power Strip

~ = Maybe

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I need to win a couple of Pokemon tournaments so I can save up the money. :)

I can bring a Wii/Brawl, and power strip. We should find some hotels that are cheap, so that we can guide the OoT people there and eliminate the hassle of finding one.

I do want to stress that we do need as **** ton of setups to ensure that we can get this done.

Curlz, did you have someone making the posters or do you want me to come up with something?

Curlz

Smash Lord
i am going. also you should drop green greens for japes
As much as I would love to, I can't. I'm sticking to the MLG stagelist as well as a couple rules such as Marth and D3's Infinites.

Edit: Actually, I will see if people would rather Japes than Green Greens. OP updated.

I can bring a Wii/Brawl, and power strip. We should find some hotels that are cheap, so that we can guide the OoT people there and eliminate the hassle of finding one.

I do want to stress that we do need as **** ton of setups to ensure that we can get this done.

Curlz, did you have someone making the posters or do you want me to come up with something?
1. Got you on the OP
2. I want you to come up with something and I'll get Play N Trade to make us some Fliers.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sounds awesome, especially how D3 can't infinite Bowsah. <3

I'll be here.

As far as questions go, I prefer Japes over Green Greens as a CP, and I'd take SBR stage strike over MLG.

Also, what about Chibo's Video Rule? Seeing as this will be a large tournament, it could come in handy.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
as for as questions, comments, and concerns...
thats one **** expensive tourney..but sounds like ur really trying to make it worth it.
is there any possible way they would lower the entry fee to 15, even 20 dollars?
they should understand that that will effect how many people want to come.

also, looks like your personally choosing which infinites to ban. MK can't infinite lucas, but DK can?

japes and green greens should both be off.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
-50/25/15/5 /2.5-2.5 cash split; 100% of entry fees will go into the pot.*

*= Could be changed depending on attendance.
can you elaborate? I might be able to go. I'll find out when it's closer.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
1.-Watch your language! This is a family establishment.

2. -As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.

3. DO NOT load ANY Brawl hacks. That is all. The only thing I will allow is infinite replay on selected TVs.

4. Stage List
------------
Starter:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

As usual, I am open to suggestions. Let me know if I've forgotten anything or you think something should be addressed/ changed. I'm willing to hear you out.
1. If you didn't want me to come, you coulda just asked. Didn't have to single me out like that.

2. Everybody pay attention to that. Curlz makes the ****in rules, so make your suggestions but don't *****. I got a feelin there's gonna be a bunch of whiney ****s show up here in a bit, don't listen to em Curlz.

3. What about trippin? I know MLG says you can't, but you ain't MLG.

4. Ballsy, goin for the MLG list. Since the next few MLG events are gonna happen before this, I'm sure it'll give you enough time to weigh your options. Just make sure it's set in stone before people start signin up.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Also, what about Chibo's Video Rule? Seeing as this will be a large tournament, it could come in handy.
Whoops, I forgot Chibo's video rule. I'll add it to the OP asap.

as for as questions, comments, and concerns...
thats one **** expensive tourney..but sounds like ur really trying to make it worth it.
is there any possible way they would lower the entry fee to 15, even 20 dollars?
they should understand that that will effect how many people want to come.

also, looks like your personally choosing which infinites to ban. MK can't infinite lucas, but DK can?

japes and green greens should both be off.
1. The venue fee has to pay for us renting out the room/making up business. We need around $1500 for the room. I'll have money saved up to pay the difference if we don't reach the quota, though. But the venue fee needs to be slightly steep in order to pay for it. $20 venue fee going to the room should be enough to pay for it because I expect around 80 or so people.
People paid a $45/$55 venue fee for Whobo and paid $50 to enter Brawl Singles at Pound 4. The Venue+Entry for this event will only be $40 if you enter only Brawl singles. Not only does this get you into the tournament, it gives you breakfest, lunch, and dinner. All for free.

2. For the infinites to be banned, I followed MLG's bans. I didn't pick and choose what to ban.

can you elaborate? I might be able to go. I'll find out when it's closer.
As in the payouts will change from what it is now if the turnout is lower than expected.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
1. Would you rather Green Greens or Jungle Japes for a Counterpick Stage?

Neither. Green Greens is a joke. Japes is just better left out (imo).

2. Would you rather have SBR or MLG Stage Striking to determine the first stage?

SBR! The MLG way is too time consuming, and in the later stages, it's annoying to keep asking the TO "who's the higher seed?"

$25 for the venue + ALL YOU CAN EAT! That's legit in my book. Basically about a $15 venue fee really, the rest for food.

Wow, I'm surprised you put something like this together. Can't wait for it to go down. I have one concern, and that is getting this done in one day. I see the need for 20 setups, though, so if we're able to reach that number, then we should be fine. Also, you need to make clear cut rules about getting pools and matches done. With all of those distractions, there's bound to be someone that'll be riding Go Karts while their match is being called.

Curlz

Smash Lord
1. Would you rather Green Greens or Jungle Japes for a Counterpick Stage?

Neither. Green Greens is a joke. Japes is just better left out (imo).

2. Would you rather have SBR or MLG Stage Striking to determine the first stage?

SBR! The MLG way is too time consuming, and in the later stages, it's annoying to keep asking the TO "who's the higher seed?"

$25 for the venue + ALL YOU CAN EAT! That's legit in my book. Basically about a $15 venue fee really, the rest for food.

Wow, I'm surprised you put something like this together. Can't wait for it to go down. I have one concern, and that is getting this done in one day. I see the need for 20 setups, though, so if we're able to reach that number, then we should be fine. Also, you need to make clear cut rules about getting pools and matches done. With all of those distractions, there's bound to be someone that'll be riding Go Karts while their match is being called.
If someone doesn't show up for their match within 10, maybe 15-20, minutes prior to me calling it, they're DQ'd. Idc who they are. If GNes (name search ****) comes to this and is late for his match, he will be DQ'd. I wont wait on anyone to get to their match. If both players don't show, the higher seed will advance.

Also, you're worried about people not knowing who is seeded higher. The theme of the room that I rented out is Gymnasium/Drive In Theatre Themed, so there is a big screen TV on the wall that we're going to connect the laptop running TIO on. So people can see who they're playing against and who they will play against next. Each player name will have their seed next to their name.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, didn't see there were questions to answer.
1. Uh, Jungle *****. Green Greens ain't even a ****in stage. **** it.
2. SBR. MLG don't know what the ****'s up, even though I love how liberal they are with the stage choices.

Oh, and how big is this room? Is it like Laser Tag?

And you need to promote the **** outta this *****. Like, when you go to smashfests and tournies, you need to throw it into conversations. Be like "yeah HOBO is cool, but it's not a full-blown balls out tourny like TASOL."

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
Also, you're worried about people not knowing who is seeded higher. The theme of the room that I rented out is Gymnasium/Drive In Theatre Themed, so there is a big screen TV on the wall that we're going to connect the laptop running TIO on. So people can see who they're playing against and who they will play against next. Each player name will have their seed next to their name.
how is the room separated from the rest of the building?

Curlz

Smash Lord
how big is this room? Is it like Laser Tag?

And you need to promote the **** outta this *****. Like, when you go to smashfests and tournies, you need to throw it into conversations. Be like "yeah HOBO is cool, but it's not a full-blown balls out tourny like TASOL."
I will be going to the venue and making a video of the venue this weekend. The room is bigger than Laser Tag. There are already Tables and Chairs for us to use since it is originally a Diner.

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
I will be going to the venue and making a video of the venue this weekend. The room is bigger than Laser Tag. There are already Tables and Chairs for us to use since it is originally a Diner.
let me know when ever you go

Curlz

Smash Lord
I can likely provide a setup as well.
Could you be more specific? :p

if this DOES become a national size. I'll come.
<3

how is the room separated from the rest of the building?
No, its a big room that is normally where people eat for their buffet. But its big enough for us to use it for the tournament. I'm debating on letting it be open or closed to the public so people can watch. I'm hoping for random walk ins to enter the tournament.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I can bring a TV, Wii with Brawl, and a power strip.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i take it back then. if this thing is trying to go regional+, then 40-50 bucks is fine, especially if its an all day + infinite food thing.
Everyone should have time to save up by december, even if money were an issue.

looks great so far. i know LA as a whole has become a little more conservative when it comes to stages. a simple list is the easiest to remember, manage, and is more attractive as a whole (taking into account both liberal and conservative stage views).
what i mean to argue is Norfair should be banned, and u could probably move delfino/halberd to CP. thats just a recommendation- i think 9 starters makes it overly complicated. but if noone else really cares, then it should be fine.

Curlz

Smash Lord
looks great so far. i know LA as a whole has become a little more conservative when it comes to stages. a simple list is the easiest to remember, manage, and is more attractive as a whole (taking into account both liberal and conservative stage views).
what i mean to argue is Norfair should be banned, and u could probably move delfino/halberd to CP. thats just a recommendation- i think 9 starters makes it overly complicated. but if noone else really cares, then it should be fine.
I don't like the list personally, but I'm thinking it would be better since national players will be attending the next couple of MLG Events happening beforehand. If I could get some input from people who actually attended MLG, then I'll definitely weigh my options on that, but as of now, I'm gonna keep this list (give or take Green Greens and/or Japes)

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
i take it back then. if this thing is trying to go regional+, then 40-50 bucks is fine, especially if its an all day + infinite food thing.
Everyone should have time to save up by december, even if money were an issue.

Well yeah as far as starters are concerned it should be super conservative since it should be pretty much even on the first round.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Curlz: pick me up from AnG on Sunday, so we can record this. I haven't gotten a chance to look at the inside in-depth, but it should be big. There should be another room that can hold TVs just in case right? I'm gonna get a spreadsheet to log down who shows up, who brings what, and enters what events. That way, if we miscalculate the money or miss a person, we can look at the brackets and see what we missed. Time is incredibly vital.

Oh and I think if we meet the quota for the $1500 and if we are able to, we should do an OoT bonus for those that place in the money spots, but if LA places in all/some of those spots, then those guys get a bonus. Just something to sweeten the deal a bit.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Since I'll be in Slidell for winter break, I'll gladly house people. I'm about 2 hours from the venue, but my two story house can easily fit two carpools, and everyone would get free breakfest in the morning.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz: pick me up from AnG on Sunday, so we can record this. I haven't gotten a chance to look at the inside in-depth, but it should be big. There should be another room that can hold TVs just in case right? I'm gonna get a spreadsheet to log down who shows up, who brings what, and enters what events. That way, if we miscalculate the money or miss a person, we can look at the brackets and see what we missed. Time is incredibly vital.

Oh and I think if we meet the quota for the $1500 and if we are able to, we should do an OoT bonus for those that place in the money spots, but if LA places in all/some of those spots, then those guys get a bonus. Just something to sweeten the deal a bit.
A spreadsheet actually sounds good. Get on that and send it to me whenever you can. :]
As for money bonuses; if we meet the quota I think we should just boost top places payment. I'll come up with the calculations later.

I'm pretty sure Xyro or another Houston driver would be up for this. I certainly am!
Sounds awesome. I hope to see you guys there. Could you post who would be interested in coming so I could add them to the OP?

Since I'll be in Slidell for winter break, I'll gladly house people. I'm about 2 hours from the venue, but my two story house can easily fit two carpools, and everyone would get free breakfest in the morning.
Sounds good to me. Thanks man. How many would that be 8-10 people?

ChKn

Smash Ace
In addition to the spreadsheet, we should get some wristbands for each event and if they bring a setup, stickers to mark the setups down, and we should have a spectator fee of $10 which half would cover the buffet.

Curlz

Smash Lord
In addition to the spreadsheet, we should get some wristbands for each event and if they bring a setup, stickers to mark the setups down, and we should have a spectator fee of $10 which half would cover the buffet.
I was actually thinking about making convention style nametages for everyone, but I'm not sure how much that would cost. Lol. As for marking the setups down, that's a definite yes. And the spectator fee doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. But how many people would be willing to pay $10 just to watch brawl? xD

They'd have to pay $5 to get in and another $5 to watch brawl? xD

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I was actually thinking about making convention style nametages for everyone, but I'm not sure how much that would cost. Lol. As for marking the setups down, that's a definite yes. And the spectator fee doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. But how many people would be willing to pay $10 just to watch brawl? xD

They'd have to pay $5 to get in and another $5 to watch brawl? xD
It costs $5 to walk in the door?

If so, just make it $10, an drop $5 off of the entry fee. That way, spectator is $10, and players pay the same to play overall.
The only thing I can think that is bad about that is if someone would enter two events, you end up $5 short. But the extra $5 from each spectator would easily cover that. And then players get a "discount" for entering more things. That's cool.

If not, ignore all of that.

Top Bottom