• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TASOL 2010 - December 18, 2010 (IMPORTANT POST - CHECK THE OP!)

Curlz

Smash Lord
It costs $5 to walk in the door?

If so, just make it $10, an drop $5 off of the entry fee. That way, spectator is $10, and players pay the same to play overall.
The only thing I can think that is bad about that is if someone would enter two events, you end up $5 short. But the extra $5 from each spectator would easily cover that. And then players get a "discount" for entering more things. That's cool.

If not, ignore all of that.
Its $5 just to walk inside of the building. They give you a stamp/bracelet to let you know that you get the buffet. Then you walk into the room where the tournament is (merely 5-10 steps from the entrance) and then you pay your venue fee there. I was probably gonna let spectators get in free and all they have to do is pay for the buffet because I'm leaving the room we got open to the public. That way if a little kid walks in and is intrested in watching, he could just grab some pizza to sit and watch us. I wouldn't want to be that guy to say "If you want to watch, you have to pay another $5." You know?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I thought that the place would be closed down for the entire day.
No, they said they would have closed the room down for the entire day. The room, as they put it, is ours for the day, so we can do whatever we want with it. We could have it closed off to the public or we could have people enter and leave when they pleased to spectate. I want to leave a section in the back of the room for people to eat and watch matches on the big screen.

I told them to leave the room open for a slight drop in the rent price so yeah.

ChKn

Smash Ace
So we get a 500 dollar price decrease on the quota we're supposed to meet when the store is actually open?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Oh

ffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

if I'm back in slidell by the 18th then you should make sure zigsta makes sure I'm here lol

Curlz

Smash Lord
So we get a 500 dollar price decrease on the quota we're supposed to meet when the store is actually open?
Well, they wont be losing as much business as they were originally, since they don't have to tell people now "You can't eat in here. Raddaraddaradda" So yeah.

Oh wow I forgot Zigsta was LA.

xD we've got to get Bama here to say hi.
Bama better make it. I love you guys. <3

Oh

ffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

if I'm back in slidell by the 18th then you should make sure zigsta makes sure I'm here lol
Winnar, we're teaming for this!

Curlz

Smash Lord
OP was updated with a new video to show off the venue and also the POT BONUS. This pot bonus was graciously donated by Play N Trade of Lafayette. An extra $100 will be awarded to the person to place 1st in the Singles event.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
lol, too good, crunch.
if i still live in/near laffy (god forbid), I'll come.
Ally, I want another melee MM. lol

Winnar

Smash Lord
Winnar, we're teaming for this!
but but but

what if I want to win

:D lol

Edit - holy crap this venue is amazing

this needs to be a national size event, if I'm here curlz I'll help you with running junk. make sure you start posting this in every regional thread along with some of the amazing things (like venue fee gets you all day access to a pizza buffet wtf) so that people from national areas are interested

our team name can be the TOs :D

ChKn

Smash Ace
Uhh....state advertising list so I can remember:

Texas
Mississippi/Alabama
Arkansas

Curlz

Smash Lord
but but but

what if I want to win

:D lol

Edit - holy crap this venue is amazing

this needs to be a national size event, if I'm here curlz I'll help you with running junk. make sure you start posting this in every regional thread along with some of the amazing things (like venue fee gets you all day access to a pizza buffet wtf) so that people from national areas are interested

our team name can be the TOs :D
You could carry me in teams. Lol. Could you help me out with advertising everywhere since I'm not really all that good at it? Flounda got us a couple people that seem interested such as the Texas and Bama crew. :]

Team name confirmed!

Ha, Allie doesn't have to enter. He can make as much as the winner with just MMs from Louisiana folk.
Honestly, I was just thinking the same thing. xD Ally too good.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Other than Ruse and Vorgy. I don't really know anyone from FL. I should talk to Subai to get in touch with them.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I posted in the GA and Fl social threads, we'll see what happens with that.

I guess I should post in the MD/VA threads too, I'll do that tomorrow (heading out soon)

-Ran

Smash Master
I give my personal word this tournament won't suck. If it is being run poorly, I'll man up and take charge. So, everyone that ever said that they would come to a big tournament that I was running, be at this.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I asked some TOs about what can we do to ensure the best tournament possible. Sadly, none responded to me. So I shall ask in this thread the same.

Winnar

Smash Lord

ChKn

Smash Ace
^^That's true. I've checked those before. I'll just look over it again down the road.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hype!

Come on people. Pass this on to everyone you know. I want this to be the best tournament you've ever been to.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm very interested in coming to this, and I'm sure many more people from the houston area want to come to this.

Oh, and I vote for Japes and then regular stage striking procedure.

Btw, Chkn! Will you be here? We gotta meet for the first time, haha.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm gonna be here Smoom. I'm gonna need a buttload of ICs experience before we meet. <3

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
can i enter, what time is it, where is it? i've never been in a tournament before but i want to come.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
i want in

i've never been to a tournament before how old do i have to be to enter if i still can, what time is it, & can i bring a gc controller?

Winnar

Smash Lord
i've never been to a tournament before how old do i have to be to enter if i still can, what time is it, & can i bring a gc controller?
I don't think there's any rule on how old you have to be to enter lol but I dunno you might need some kind of parent or sibling supervision if you're super young? Most of the people here are somewhere between 16 and 21'ish I think?

here is the schedule for the day

10:00am - Doors open/Sign Ups/Friendlies
~11:30am - Doubles begins.
~3:30pm - Singles Pools begin.
~6:00pm - Singles Bracket
~12:00am - Pack up and leave

you probably would want to show up around 3 pm unless you have someone to do teams with

you should definitely bring a gc controller if you attend

incoming: liability issues <_<

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
im pretty sure turok is the youngest smasher we have right now. hes gonna be 16 in a few days.

anybody can enter as long as you have money, definitely bring your own controller. you cant play without a controller, lulz.

parental supervision isnt really necessary, since its 'adults' around, but make sure theyre ok with it. dont forget that this isnt until december. come to a few smaller tourneys before this so you can get a feel for it. TASOL will be pretty big if curlz doesnt noob out, so it could be overwhelming.

another reason is you could check out your relative skill. if you turn out to be completely terrible, it may not be in your best interest to spend $40 for your first time. check the first post for all the info about it, and make sure you know the rules.

where are you from?

watch out for double posting, edit next time

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
need info

i'm not that young i'm 15 and i can't find any smaller tournaments here in mississippi if u know of some plz tell me. oh and i think i'm pretty good at the game i've had it sense last christmas & i play it day in & day out.

Top Bottom