• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TASOL 2010 - December 18, 2010 (IMPORTANT POST - CHECK THE OP!)

BSP

Smash Legend
im pretty sure turok is the youngest smasher we have right now. hes gonna be 16 in a few days.

watch out for double posting, edit next time
Nah, that's me. Not sixteen till July lol.

Ah, so close, yet so far away:embarrass You guys don't realize how much not driving sicks.

Well, I hope it goes well.

BSP

Smash Legend
lol, I'm gonna ask if I can go. Can't hurt, but I doubt they'll say yes.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Brawlman, Mississippi is pretty dead for tournaments. I hate to say it, but your best best on getting "better" would be wifi. Check out AllisBrawl and get some matches on there to find out your relative skill.

Alex Strife, BSP, and Cyphus(lolwut). I added you guys to the OP.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
that thread i was recommended to was old, this is the only one close to me, i think.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that thread i was recommended to was old, this is the only one close to me, i think.
well, this is a specific tourney thread. if you live in south west MS, i guess its pretty close to NO, right? you could wait until youre 16 and start heading down to NO every once in a while. or maybe your parents could bring you? idk. MS has a small scene. move.

Bring KID Goggles. LA misses him. xD
heck yea, we do.

Curlz

Smash Lord
^ Aside from me. But I don't go to MS that much anymore, and when I do its only to Waveland / Biloxi.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
as bad as i want to move out of MS i can't, at least not right now, my parents said i can go if i want to they don't mind. all i need is u guys approval.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
as bad as i want to move out of MS i can't, at least not right now, my parents said i can go if i want to they don't mind. all i need is u guys approval.
you dont need our approval, really. there are people who dont even have accounts on swf that go to tourneys.

Curlz

Smash Lord
You don't exactly need our approval to go to tournaments. But if its needed, you're allowed to come. Haha.

But like BSL said earlier, if your parents don't mind there are some tournaments in New Orleans to go to so you can see if you really want to be serious about playing smash. Instead of spending $40 your first tournament, go to a smaller one where you only have to spend $5/10. Check the Louisiana Thread in the Atlantic South Region Zones for more info on LA tournies.

Edit: Winnar, I occasionally visit MS. You know this.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You don't exactly need our approval to go to tournaments. But if its needed, you're allowed to come. Haha.

But like BSL said earlier, if your parents don't mind there are some tournaments in New Orleans to go to so you can see if you really want to be serious about playing smash. Instead of spending $40 your first tournament, go to a smaller one where you only have to spend $5/10. Check the Louisiana Thread in the Atlantic South Region Zones for more info on LA tournies.

Edit: Winnar, I occasionally visit MS. You know this.
Yeah I know that. I occasionally visit AL, that doesn't make me an alabamaniane

or I'd vote for tim james

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_w9jnMdp4

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
thanks guys,but i looked up some other threads in atlantic south & i really couldn't find anything on my time right now. 40$ is a bit much for my first tourney but ya see i can only go to a tourney anytime after the month of july. if u guys could post a 2010 brawl thread after july then i'll consider going there.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
thanks guys,but i looked up some other threads in atlantic south & i really couldn't find anything on my time right now. 40$ is a bit much for my first tourney but ya see i can only go to a tourney anytime after the month of july. if u guys could post a 2010 brawl thread after july then i'll consider going there.
check this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253245

OP has current tournaments in LA

Curlz

Smash Lord
So it turns out there they are going to be having construction on the building sometime within the next couple months to add on to the venue. Its going to look a little different than it does in the video, but the same attractions will still be there.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Grab release infinites on ness/lucas are probably banned, right? It says marth's is but his isn't the only one

squirtle, charizard, DK, and a few others have near-infinites on ness/lucas (where technically they end eventually but you will still almost be guaranteed to take between 40-150% depending on where you are on the stage)

BSP

Smash Legend
I know right.

I mean, it has national in the title...We need more people!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, is DK's infinite on Ness/Lucas legal?
Grab release infinites on ness/lucas are probably banned, right? It says marth's is but his isn't the only one

squirtle, charizard, DK, and a few others have near-infinites on ness/lucas (where technically they end eventually but you will still almost be guaranteed to take between 40-150% depending on where you are on the stage)
I'm going by MLG's infinite bans. I'm not picking and choosing, so if it doesn't say its banned, its legal.

More hype needed.
Indeed. Do you think you could make me a flier?

Curlz

Smash Lord
^ Done, but I had to take out "Louisiana Smash Presents" in order to do so. Although that shouldn't matter. :p

ChKn

Smash Ace
Uhh...does anyone know how we should go about making a giant banner to thank sponsors? Should we do that Coca-cola banner thing and just get someone to draw the logos?

EDIT: Curlz, this weekend we need to get a written list of what we need.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Charizard doesn't have an infinite on Lucas or Ness. It's just a grab release CG across the stage. It doesn't even do that much damage. Just don't be dumb and get grabbed on a walkoff.

Squirtle's, though, is a smallstep CG, meaning he moves forward so slightly that it's practically an infinite. It only applies to Ness, though; Squirtle's CG on Lucas is just a dash grab release CG.

-Ran

Smash Master
I talked to the Texas players at Hobo, and many have stated interest. They'll be posting here soon enough. We'll probably see 10+ from Texas.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I talked to the Texas players at Hobo, and many have stated interest. They'll be posting here soon enough. We'll probably see 10+ from Texas.
Wow, thanks Ran. :D

I'm interested (who's trying to provide housing?).

(then again I should be providing housing for MLG Raleigh)
Like stated above, the second post contains all housing information.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's far off, but I am interested...

Top Bottom