• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well if it was just me then yah, I'd be screwed. As long as I could hit one of them off-stage far enough for Croi to grab the other one, we'd manage. Our strategy against any team with an MK involves me never willingly going off-stage and just controlling the center of the stage as best I can, while Croi gets grabs and keeps MK off of me.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well its not only Ike, but most characters are like this when fighting a team with MK on it. This is why i always go Pikachu against MK in doubles

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
so in other words, youre the liability croi has to protect :troll:
I'm more like the running back in American football. I have the means to win the game, but alone and unprotected I'm completely useless against the opposition. I need to have good blocking and set-ups to score points. Except in this case, the offensive line will occasionally recover my fumbles and return them for touchdowns anyways... and other times I just straight up lateral the ball to them and do the blocking myself.

I love analogies.

Akashi

Smash Lord
wario/mk team, double mk, or mk or wario on its own with a good keepaway (oli, gnw, falco) wrecks ike in teams. They play so safe that there's nothing you can do but pray your teammate is good enough to constantly keep them at bay. On the topic of team chemistry, Ike/Marth is suprisingly good. Kirk/Oro and Meneil/Myself run it, and they're great. Both can do a ton out of their attacks, they have a situational lock, and they can switch roles. Obviously not the best, but the theme is too good:p

:phone:

Croi

Smash Lord
I think of Nysyarc more as some kind of sci-fi orbital cannon that has the power to obliterate entire nations, but the actual cannon part is very fragile and unsteady. So they built a shield around the cannon to take all the hits to protect it until it's ready to fire.

This can also double as a sexy analogy.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I think of Nysyarc more as some kind of sci-fi orbital cannon that has the power to obliterate entire nations, but the actual cannon part is very fragile and unsteady. So they built a shield around the cannon to take all the hits to protect it until it's ready to fire.

This can also double as a sexy analogy.
In more ways than one :awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I remember i did a Ike/Marth team on gamebattles in 08.. Our victory taunt would have me saying "I fight 4 my friends!" and my partner would then go "Ok..?"

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Come to Hope 4 in Pittsburgh you guys. MK legal in singles but banned in doubles, looks to be an awesome idea, though unfortunately the tourney is months away:(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the end was brilliant. taunt to roll, QD to Dtilt. amazing combo's going on there

today, i transported 10 tonnes of turkish delight manually...my arms absolutely cane

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
NJ just had an earthquake

A small tremor though
Same here. Something like 5.8 hit Virginia and we felt them up here, like 2.0 or something. People freaked out that they started calling other people about it and then calls stopped going through. It was the first thing I saw on FB right after. There's even a group about it already. Freaking weird though. Looks like we really have a year left huh?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
It's just evident that bad shiz is happening a lot, i.e. weather, leadership...

Still can't see the "doom date" happening while I'm alive. I wouldn't wanna be. lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
We'll all wake up December 22nd 2012 and while half the world sighs with relief and another large number scratch their heads in puzzlement, I'll just laugh briefly and go have some eggs and toast.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Amusing is the wrong word really. It's unfortunate and often tragic that so many people are taking this hokum seriously. Sometimes it's funny and I don't mind jokes about it all... but more often than not it's just sad in reality.

Top Bottom