• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness discussion

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i main ness now, but i feel like i'm DJC'ing too much, should i just grab more often?

jokes aside, srs question, to peek.

peek, how the fff does your jab usmash jab usmash trap work?

i can never do it.

#HBC | ѕoup

well..one time you jabbed me, then used dat yoyo, and juggled me with it, using jab, usmash, jab, usmash.

#HBC | ѕoup

i think it was back when you returned, i was like, oh ****.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it but it wouldn't be the first crazy thing i've seen mentioned on these boards that turned out to be legit O_o

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Its odd, I have been playing ness more often recently

Ness is my main in Japanese smash 64 along with falcon.

The Level 9 Ness CPU in (J)n64 uses up smash kinda often.

wiscompton

Smash Rookie
Its odd, I have been playing ness more often recently

Ness is my main in Japanese smash 64 along with falcon.

The Level 9 Ness CPU in (J)n64 uses up smash kinda often.
would i be able to tell right away how different ness is in the japanese version?

is ebay pretty much the only place to score the J version or can you recommend another place i could snag one?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I believe you need a japanese N64 or some modding skillz to play J version smash on console. Yeah, ebay would be your best bet. You might not be able to tell right away, but if you're experienced with US version Ness, it won't be hard at all to spot the differences.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
go yahoo japan for japanese ssb, if you find it you can snag it for 200yen, ont forgot shipping, i havent ched usa ebay prices but its way cheaper for australians.
just need to do some small plastic cutting on the inside of a us n64 to make it work.

the most surprising thing i find about ness on japanese version is uair finishers, it actually works but it seems so odd.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
go yahoo japan for japanese ssb, if you find it you can snag it for 200yen, ont forgot shipping, i havent ched usa ebay prices but its way cheaper for australians.
just need to do some small plastic cutting on the inside of a us n64 to make it work.

the most surprising thing i find about ness on japanese version is uair finishers, it actually works but it seems so odd.
yeah the KB on Ness Uair is considerably different.

The most awkward of it all is truly fox Dsmash though xP

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
secret Ness technique: if you're comboing link falcon or fox, and hit them up in the air too high to continue a combo (ie with another u-air or sthng), send a PK Thunder straight up at them. They will fall back within your range in a deep, restful state of hitstun and you can then continue/finish your combo.

Sounds gay but works oh-so-well.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
secret Ness technique: if you're comboing link falcon or fox, and hit them up in the air too high to continue a combo (ie with another u-air or sthng), send a PK Thunder straight up at them. They will fall back within your range in a deep, restful state of hitstun and you can then continue/finish your combo.

Sorry, but...

Low lvl play what?
:p

dandan

Smash Lord
i think he meant player and not character.
the answer to that is probably isai.
do you want to play online or offline?

Battlecow

Play to Win
The answer to that is definitely Isai, whether you want to play on or offline (although he goes by Malva00 online).

Although there are plenty of other people who could totally, completely destroy you and leave you whimpering and crying, your idyllic smash worldview shattered into a million tiny pieces by the blunt instrument of their keen, keen skill. Some of 'em probably even live in North Carolina. It takes more than shieldbreaks and "starting to finish combos" to be good. Good luck, though!

If you were asking about character, it's pikachu.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
pk thunder is mildly underrated

but thats because nobody considers it good

i get pk thunder 2 edgeguards on peach's castle a bunch, it's fun

Battlecow

Play to Win
Anybody played that Badada guy online? I love his ness. Soooooooo fancy wit' dem B-moves.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dude, Badada's Ness is weird as ****, and it's not even completely terrible. Not that it's good, but still.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

This technique is great. Using uptilt or uair is good after upb.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
for edgeguards I use PK thunder and loop the tail around their head to steal their jump and then send it back around to hit them with the main projectile, which sends them away. Bomb edgeguard. Made Axe say "woah."

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Anybody played that Badada guy online? I love his ness. Soooooooo fancy wit' dem B-moves.
I enjoy playing him as well. He uses PK fire more often than other ones. I find it odd playing him if I recently played a DJC only ness/Tech ness with basically no b moves.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I remember that we rivals back in march of last year before I correctly knew how to zcancel.

Now hes just fun to play

X ta C

Smash Rookie
**** im having trouble djcing i know how to do it, im just having trouble moving them to the edge while in the combo

(first post)

Sangoku

Smash Master
I have problems DJCing like Peek does in the above gif. Never really trained/tried though. Peek made me want to play Ness.

Oh and by the way I had my most awesome Ness game last saturday. I was against a samus with full charged shot hanging on the ledge. When he left the ledge I knew he would second jump -> shot and I just fsmashed it to him =D. Half luck though.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I have problems DJCing like Peek does in the above gif. Never really trained/tried though. Peek made me want to play Ness.

The middle platform or any platform?

I only recently started practicing Floor -> Middle platform. Best tip I can give it to just delay your Uair, If you do it too soon you'll sink/do an extended djc. Also try stick jumping. I havent been able to do it as clean as in the gif yet

Sangoku

Smash Master
Any platform =P. Yeah I've just noticed on the gif that the uair isn't to be done right after jumping and I always do it too early. Any tips on your run off platform DJC onto it again? Lol I've seen you doing that in your vids and it looks really cool. Also what is the best (if there is one) way to DJC? I personally slide the 2 c-buttons or mash one twice, but I remember someone saying stick + c was good.

I guess I should spend some time in training mode...

edit: urgh and I always have the bad habit of trying to z-cancel uairs and dairs ='(.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Any platform =P.
Hmm well I stick jump 99% of the time(for regular jumps and djc). Once I clear the platform I just do my 2nd Jump + air. Keep practicing and eventually clearing the platform will become easier and easier.

Any tips on your run off platform DJC onto it again? Lol I've seen you doing that in your vids and it looks really cool.
Practice on the floor first. When you DJC back on dont worry about running for the next one. Keep your stick at neutral and you'll go a bit far back but that is ok. When you recover go for it again. Eventually you'll find the rhythm and will be able to do it quicker

Also what is the best (if there is one) way to DJC? I personally slide the 2 c-buttons or mash one twice, but I remember someone saying stick + c was good.
I use stick + C.
Use whichever one you find easiest to work with
edit: urgh and I always have the bad habit of trying to z-cancel uairs and dairs ='(.
You're not the only one :\

Top Bottom