• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tin Man's Boot Camp/Smash fest @ York U | Currently working on a campus club

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man's Boot Camp/Smash fest @

Who: Myself and everyone in the local area who want's to get better at this game :bee:.
What: A smash fest.
When: Stars at 4:30-5:00pm and ends at 11:00pm or whenever you wish to leave. I'll be there at least 1 day a week (hopefully lol). Anyone can go whenever they want really, even without me.
Why: To make our community as strong as possible. Its also to keep the scene alive. Introduce smashers to each other. And overall, have a good time :bee:
Where: Seneca @ York. Room 3007 (has 2 projectors) #40 on the map below

CAMPUS CLUB

So far, there has been quite some conflict seeing as recently we are being kicked out of York U. In this case, we are attempting to make an on campus club in an attempt to have a more reliable venue because we will actually be allowed to use the rooms and equipment at York.

http://www.yorku.ca/scld/organizations/services/club_registration.html

Above lies the information required to make a club at York.

[collapse='Map of York U']
[/collapse]

General Rules

- Every player must supply their own controller. If it is not possible to supply your own controller, i always bring multiples in case a random walks in and wants to play or someone forgot theres.
- It is encouraged for players to Bring a Wii. The more Wii's, the more setups that can be used, especially for large groups of people.
- Don't be rowdy and boisterous, etc. This is crucial because we can't afford to disturb the peace. No matter how epic something gets, control yourselves.
- Don't make a mess! You can eat in the tutorial rooms, but please clean up or there's a good chance we'll get locked out. This is also a crucial rule.
-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A YORK UNIVERSITY STUDENT TO ATTEND. THIS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF AGE, SEX, AND RACE.

Buses

York U is a very accessible place. Several buses go here, and busing is probably the best way to get here since parking will take a toll on your wallet. Look up your Go Bus, TTC bus, and Viva Bus schedules and figure out whats the best way for you to get here.

The Bus loop is located on the map where it says "HARRY W. ARTHURS COMMON". The smash fest is just north of the bus loop at location #50.

TTC:

• The 60 bus goes from Finch Station straight to the York U bus loop.
  • The 196 bus goes from Downsview Station straight to the York U bus loop.
Viva:

• Viva Purple comes from Richmond Hill Center and from Unionville Go bus Terminal straight to the York U bus loop.
  • Viva Orange comes from Martin Grove Terminal and Downsview Station straight to the York U bus loop.
Go:​
There are several other routes and Go buses, but the above ones are just to name a few.

Other games

Feel free to also bring a copy of Melee or 64 smash if you wish. I wont be able to help you in those xD but its not forbidden lol. Even Brawl+ and Brawl- or Balanced Brawl, or whatever game really.

Mission:

I hope to help each and everyone that wants to progress in super smash bros brawl. I want us to develop as a region instead of as individuals and one day be able to represent the region and show that we are a force to be reckoned with.

Sanu

Smash Champion
pretty pretentious title

pretty pretentious organizer

it fits!

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
edit: wow friday nights? if you really want people to quit the game, do them thursday nights imo. dunno about you, but i think people with social lives would rather do something else with their friday nights. + miss you Gichan.

edit 2: i had something clever written. tin started crying and attempted to clash minds with me. he failed miserably, but for the effort, i've gotten rid of it <3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So, Tin, how much do you know about instant pivot grabs buffered out of things? 'Cause it's a godly AT, so I'm going back to Ganon. Just have to learn to input 3 things consecutively in the last 10 frames of moves.

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
see tin if you learned street fighter, 10 frames would be easysauce :D. my gen bread and butter has fkin four 1 frame links, and 3 frames for 5 button inputs :(.

+ manondorf's legit

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So basically the input is <- V <- -> GRAB for instant pivot grabbing. That's a turn around, followed by stopping, followed by a dash, followed by a pivot grab, all done in the last 10 frames of the previous move. Thankfully, Ganon has no moves with less than 10 frames except air dodge landing, which ACs just like every other character in the game.

Remember that Ganon's throws are godly.

Note that Ganon has a great pivot grab range.

Note that this doesn't help Ganon at all in the Ice Climber's matchup because he can't grab through Blizzard.

****ing blizzard.

(This AT also gives DDD standing (well, pivoting) infinites on a bunch of characters, including Snake.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL Alvin ;)

So no more Lucario for sure Dirt?
Oh, I'm still going to secondary him. My Ganon needs loads of work to be anywhere near competent. Gotta master all those ATs. Gonna start with the Flipman.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
oh and btw where exactly is the boot camp cuz yunno York is pretty big.
Try not to double post, but rather edit your post. Plz & thanks.

To answer ur question tho, the OP has been updated.

Where:York University in Founders College. #50 on the map below

Buses

The Bus loop is located on the map where it says "HARRY W. ARTHURS COMMON". The smash fest is just north of the bus loop at location #50.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Rmember, just as I stated in the PR, if epic **** goes down do a write-up or tell me and I'll do one for Da Hype. Also, if possible get recordings down so that I may put up vids in Da Hype of our beast players.

sauc3

Smash Lord
I hope to help each and everyone that wants to progress in super smash bros brawl.
this part made me laugh, considering the last brawl tourney i was at, when tinman was matched up with a new smasher, and when he said "dam, I'm so gunna lose", tinman's encouraging speech to him was "you can always just forfit"

way to help out the scene tinners.

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOL sauc3. Yo Tin why do you always get owned by melee players. And man what kinda attitude is that towards newcomers...wow....

but yeah I guess this is a great redemption for you then, teach these scrubs to ****!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
If you want, yall can go whenever you like really. I'll just be there on fridays (until the end of this year, then I go on vacation/school schedule changes).

Gichan

Smash Champion
yeah guys remember to take advantage of this. Post here and just ask or tell people you will be there at a certain time.

In the SF community they have set up a thing where you can go and play like everyday of the week lol. **** is pretty epic.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I finally found what I felt is an appropriate way to respond to this...

LOL sauc3. Yo Tin why do you always get owned by melee players. And man what kinda attitude is that towards newcomers...wow....

but yeah I guess this is a great redemption for you then
..whats up with this attitude towards me :cry:

Top Bottom