• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tin Man's Boot Camp/Smash fest @ York U | Currently working on a campus club

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That was great. Can't wait for next Friday, gonna hopefully practice some ATs with Lucario for then.

Gichan

Smash Champion
The thing is though Tin, I've been thinking a lot recently on this. So what you are saying is that if any of us attend York it is because of thanks to you? Or that we are your *****es for going? Or that you single handledly will help us improve? Like, you don't even attend that school whereas Osman did.

for people like Carter and myself who have attended these york casuals before yourself it feels a little degrading.

Like let's say at the monster smash, I didn't call it "Gichan's Revival" or somethign along the lines of that.

But don't get me wrong I totally agree with you on an active member keeping tabs and control of york casuals so that it may be updated with things like "casuals this week will be on friday/wednesday" etc or mini tournament this month. I respect your approach

But what of the melee players? Or what of people who want to go on another day and just drop a line like "anyone up for today?" rather than having to accomadate your schedule alone. I just want the public to know that you can go on any given day even if tin can't attend. And to consider this the new york u thread for casuals but that it will be updated regurlarly with anything upcoming or simply when the days with the majority of players will be.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
  1. I've said that people can go on other days, and they know that, its even in the op
  2. I'm the only PR member that ever shows up to this so I figured i'd name it that to show that i'm helping people get better
  3. Also, I think melee should organize their own smash fest at this since its a different community. Its not like by me making this, their not free to use the rooms lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
anyone down for wed? Ambrose and I wana go and get some practice before the tourney.

Carter? Han? Dinner (actually I don't want to play you till tournament since I hear you so legit)?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've been somewhat sick the past couple of days, hopefully I'm feeling better for Friday.

ftr, migraines suck.

Gichan

Smash Champion
oh yeah **** migraines. What i hate the most of them is the way light makes it worse, and for me it makes me feel a sense of desperation or anxiety.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's horrible walking home from school. I want to listen to my music, but it hurts to do so.

Gichan

Smash Champion
looooooool iliad god damn!

well anyways is anything going down? Cause i am going to go from work. I'll check the thread if no interest fml and I'll see you guys at the tourney.

Gichan

Smash Champion
wooooow. Man I'm so sorry looft. Like I ****ing hate how I couldn't make it but I really wanted to be there even if there was just oen other person.

I started ay 7am today and thought i should be off by 5pm, but then my boss made me stay till 7:30pm and was way too tired to go.

Oh well, see you guys saturday.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
No worries. Second time its happened, actually wasnt so bad because I had to stop at keele and lawrence first. On the Way FtW.

Seriously though, whos going to be there on Friday? Dont speak on behalf of other people, thats why nobody was there today.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, niched (my friend who was there last week) is coming as well, and he's going to be at the tourney. Gonna try and convince him to bring his Wii.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I'm back the 1th until the 30th? any chance of one of these things happening between then or are all of you guys taking a break for the holidays/exams?

Top Bottom