• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 1/8/11 Miami, Florida

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Singles: 36 entrants

Pools: Top 3 advance

Pool 1
1. ESAM (8-0)
2. 2D-Jeff (6-3)
3. Legion (5-3)
4. Kyle (2-6)
5. Cedrick (0-8)

Pool 2
1. MVD (6-1)
2. DJ Jack (4-1)
3. Joey (3-4)
4. Mic (0-6)

Pool 3
1. Nick Riddle (6-1)
2. Poltergust (5-3)
3. Serg (3-2)
4. iPresea (0-6)

Pool 4
1. Snipa (6-1)
2. Mink (4-3
3. Ryder (2-4)
4. Fire (2-6)

Pool 5
1. Afro (8-1)
2. Trump (7-1)
3. Tekk (4-5)
4. Eden (3-6)
5. Rest (0-8)

Pool 6
1. Seibrik (8-0)
2. DFEAR (6-4)
3. 8bitman (5-4)
4. R@vyn (3-6)
5. Raven Plz (0-8)

Pool 7
1. Galeon (8-0)
2. Xaltis (4-4)
3. Radix (3-5)
4. m00g (2-6)
*Notable win, Galeon beat #7 Xaltis

Pool 8
1. Chaz (8-0)
2. 2link (6-3)
3. Kuro (4-4)
4. Albert (3-6)
5. Loli (0-8)

1: ESAM (Pikachu) ($180.00)
2: Seibrik (Metaknight) ($108.00)
3: MVD (Snake) ($54.00)
4: Nick Riddle (Zero Suit Samus) ($18.00)
5: Afro (Metaknight)
5: Poltergust (Yoshi)
7: DFEAR (Diddy Kong)
7: Chaz (Marth)
9: Xaltis (Falco/Metaknight)
9: 8bitman (ROB)
9: Legion (Peach)
9: Galeon (Lucas)
13: 2D-Jeff (Ice Climbers)
13: Ryder (Marth)
13: Kuro (Pit)
13: Serg (Donkey Kong/Snake)
17: Radix (Diddy Kong/Snake)
17: Trump (Fox)
17: 2link (Peach)
17: Joey (Snake/Wario)
17: Tekk (Wolf)
17: Snipa (Lucario)
17: Mink (Zero Suit Samus)
17: DJ Jack (Falco)

Bracket:

Eliminated from Pools:
25: Kyle B. (Wario)
25: Mic (Captain Falcon)
25: iPresea (Pikachu)
25. Fire (Fox)
25: Eden (Metaknight)
25: R@vyn (Pit)
25: m00g (Peach/ROB)
25: Albert (Marth/Metaknight)
33: Cedrick (Marth)
33: Rest (Jigglypuff)
33: Raven Plz (Snake)
33: Loli (Pit)

Doubles (12 teams)
1: When I move you move (Seibrik + Afro) ($120.00)
2: Lady Gaga (ESAM + MVD) ($72.00)
3: Gasai will do anything for her Yuki (Nick Riddle + Chaz) ($36.00)
4: Flying Eggicorn (Poltergust + R@vyn) ($12.00)
5: Tampa Swag (Trump + Ryder)
5: Better Red than Dead (DFEAR + Xaltis)
7: Albert hasn't had any alcohol in like a week (Albert + Eden)
7: Open Season (Bonesaw + Serg)
9: Gary Oak and his Shiny Lucario (Galeon + Snipa)
9: Kooky + Dee (Kooky + Dee)
9: Ladies Night (iPresea + m00g)
9: HAWOO-nado (Gabriel + Tekk)

Bracket:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
5th place in teams. Not bad Not bad.

Forgot I did lose to 2 randoms. I didn't care though fighting Galeon was too fun. XD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Four Foxes under my belt!~

WAHAHAHAHA

just playin' I love you Trump x3, you beat me good a couple times after the serious friendly set(which was a close ending) lol.

Shoutouts and some announcements later.

Edit: Oy, ESAM change my character to Rosalina brah. x3

(lol, if you want)

:rosalina:

Mampam

Smash Ace
whoever made pools is a complete ******* for putting ipresea in a deathpool!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

other than that bull****....... :glare::glare:

Ryder goin in this tournament ;)

good **** man

i also noticed....... i only see one ***** in top 7???.............. WITIDE?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The hardest pool was definitely Pool 6.

Either way, I didn't decide them. When the registered everybody pulled a number, 1-8, and that was the pool they were in.

8Bitman

Smash Master
There you go Jimmy I made top 10 for once. =D

POOL 6 WAS TOO HARD!!!!

I would still like to note that I beat 2D-Jeff's falco on FD in 34 seconds (3-stock)
And then I beat his IC's on BF in about a minute (3-stock)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
whoever made pools is a complete ******* for putting ipresea in a deathpool!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

other than that bull****....... :glare::glare:

Ryder goin in this tournament ;)

good **** man

i also noticed....... i only see one ***** in top 7???.............. WITIDE?
We didn't randomly decide Presea to be in a death pool.
Pool 1 was a hard pool.
Pool 2 was an okay pool.
Pool 3 was a hard pool.
Pool 4 was probably the easiest pool.
Pool 5 was a hard pool.
Pool 6 was HOLY **** WTF?!
Pool 7 was a hard pool.
Pool 8 was an okay pool.

Plus, we're not going to arbitrarily place somebody in an easy'hard pool.

What, no singles money this time, Polt?
Nah, it's k. He had to play me too many times for that to happen.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
When I do my shoutouts later I will provide instructions for sending replays to me. MAKE SURE YOU ALL FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. If you know someone has vids make sure they see the post. Get on their *** and bug the hell out of them if you have to lol.

That is, if you want other regions to see how sexy FL is~

Mampam

Smash Ace
We didn't randomly decide Presea to be in a death pool.
Pool 1 was a hard pool.
Pool 2 was an okay pool.
Pool 3 was a hard pool.
Pool 4 was probably the easiest pool.
Pool 5 was a hard pool.
Pool 6 was HOLY **** WTF?!
Pool 7 was a hard pool.
Pool 8 was an okay pool.

Plus, we're not going to arbitrarily place somebody in an easy'hard pool.

Nah, it's k. He had to play me too many times for that to happen.
idk who most of the sfl randoms are, (if theyre good or not) so i guess thats why i wouldnt know :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Two-Ell

Smash Master

1: ESAM :pikachu: Your tournament in June was my first ever tourney. It's been a long time since then. I'm happy you helped make my jump into the scene. This was a great tourney and I had a good time. I wish I could've played you, but I suppose you wanted to watch that one set going on at the time and didn't feel like it. Some other time I guess.

2:Seibrik Good seeing ya brah, We need to play D:. I can beat lower level MKs, but it's ones like yours I can't manage to take a game off of

3: MVD :snake: hilarious stuff in doubles man. Don't worry I'll get all that good **** up.

5: Afro :metaknight: I'm happy you finally got some singles matches saved like you wanted. I can't wait to record them.

5: Poltergust :yoshi: Thank you soo much for bringing Danny. I hope you had a good time and it was nice to see you here and last month before you go back to TX. I only heard good things about you from everyone last year.

7: DFEAR :diddy: Thanks a toooon for giving me a ride back home. I don't think I would've been able to do my bracket matches if you didn't. good placing man; much better than mine at least :awesome:

7: Chaz :marth: It was good to finally play you. You're a cool dude. I did bad lol. Hopefully we can play more in the future because Marth is '...>.>' for me lol.

9: Xaltis :falco::metaknight: It was awesome seeing you again man. We need to play friendlies D:. I can get you dat Rosa MU experience. Peach will be a breeze for you with that.

9: 8bitman :rob: Lol in the past we always played friendlies at these. Didn't get around to that this time. Amazing placing, you improved a **** load. You should try to get the hookup with drivers down here so you can go to more stuff. You're really good.

9: Legion :peach: Sexy Peach, DJ Jack(dude with uMad? tag) told me you gave him trouble during your guys' set. He and I play all the time so I was like "You better not lose this :mad:". You need to teach me how2meleepeach D:. I've been practicing a lot, but I'm still scrubbish in there lol.

9: Galeon :lucas: You were doing work man. Keep it up, you're really good and a chill dude.

13: 2D-Jeff :popo: Great seeing you man haha. It's fun to chat with you. Man you had a rough time with 8bit. You still managed a decent placing at least. oh and one more thing.

Sleek Media :troll:

13: Ryder :marth: Marth D:, I played awful against you lol. Sorry for the sub-par performance. I'll make sure to do better next time. We'll play plenty next event.

13: Kuro :pit: Maaaan you placing above me; what is this D: Good set we had though lol. I'm happy I got around to playing you. I have to tell you when you went Snake(second most experienced MU) and CP'd me to Yoshi's Island(My favorite CP Stage among others I have) on the inside I was like 'yess :troll:'

13: Serg :dk2::snake: Thank you sooo much for holding on my copy of Melee. I was unhappy I forgot about it. I owned it since it came out. Please bringing to the next local ESAM hosts or maybe the next event we happen to both go to.

17: Radix :diddy::snake: It was great to finally play you. I managed to adapt to diddy second game, but I just couldn't clutch that win. Oh well, you gave me some much needed Diddy MU experience.

17: Trump :fox: Another fox to make into a rug :troll:. Hahaha I kid with ya x3. Your fox is sexy best one I've played for sure.

17: 2link121 :rosalina: Bringin' da sex with Rosalina err'y tournament~

17: Joey :snake::wario: Great friendlies man I had fun.

17: Snipa :lucario: It was good seeing you. You need to ask me to play. Rosa experience will handle any Peach you come by~

17: Mink :zerosuitsamus: Goood friendlies and nice seeing you. I'm happy you made the trip down. Best puff I've played and you have a sexy Zamus. Keep working towards getting better.

17: DJ Jack :falco: You and I did okaay. Both got second seed in pools. We need to work harder against PRs though. 17 is such a meh number. We can do much better than that. I have plenty of things to practice with you on. We'll get 'em next time.

"Jazz Pantherr: You shouldv'e said something about my awesome Pink Floyd shirt"

it was an :awesome: shirt. There x3

25: Mic :falcon: Did we only play one match? D:. We need to play more man. Your falcon is pretty sex. Respect for playing that character. It's a tough life maining him.

25: iPresea :pikachu: We need to play next time D:, I have never played any pikas offline lol.(or online pretty much lol)

25: m00g :peach::rob: You're a very cool person lol. It's hilarious chatting with you. If no one down here has said it, thank you so much for driving Tampa down here. You have a good Peach; keep getting better. Oh and don't worry I'll make sure your game against Xaltis is put up for you to enjoy all over again :awesome:

25: Albert :marth::metaknight: Maaan you were my hardest set in pools besides Chaz(and you were the only one to take a game off me beside him). I was hoping for Marth at first, but when I saw you pick MK I sort of accepted it on the inside and was happier you picked him even if he has the capability to **** Peach. Usmash is too sexy and helped a lot. People don't seem to see it coming or know the knock back growth behind it(sweet spotted at least). Also no offense here, but when I took that last game I soooo wanted to do that fist pump. I was like '**** YEAH' on the inside hahaha. I enjoy my wins against MK as much as I can. In the end you were a good challenge man. You're good, don't doubt that.

33: Loli :pit::zerosuitsamus: You didn't seem very happy before we played. I felt a little bad when we were playing. You're good Loli just keep practicing. Stand up from your losses and keep moving forward. That's what I do every tourney. Wifi is meh, but if you want I can play with you on there to help you practice. Danny and I do use it to practice with eachother.

If anyone feels like it feel free to add me on Fb(http://www.facebook.com/Twolink121) or AIM(Twolink121). If you have trouble remebering me I was the dude with the tanish hoodie that had blue earphones on all the time lol. I can chat anytime~

Okay so this was super long lol. I'm gonna put the instructions in my next post after there's a couple posts following this one.

:rosalina:~

8Bitman

Smash Master
Why thanks 2Link. =3

I would do shoutouts, but I barely played or talked to half of the people there, so I would have much to say.

I only have two things to say.

I had 6 1 dollar MM's and I lost 3 and won 3 so I havent lost or gained a penny.

Also, ESAM....... I need to play you more often. I need to play that Pikachu more!
We need to get together at ZP, or somewhere else inbetween ZP's. Because we only go to your ZP's. And like every other one at most.

Grrrrrrr (In ROBot language)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nice work dfear..some really good wins
im sorry count. my wins were supposed to be against mvd/seibrik but i choke so ****ing hard when ppl say...hey ur on the pr for a reason and hes not...huge discouragement for me and its a downhill battle for me everytime :\ same applies with mk

only legit shoutouts i have are for

mvd: u are amazing. ur hair is amazing. ur a better player nuff said. stay awesome

8bitman: DIDDY KONG...wait. DFEAR's DIDDY KONG =PPPPPPPP. good matches. :p

seibrik: thinking is hard...i feel like im playin worse than i did before... guess i just need to adjust to the new things im learning. ty senseibrik

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
good **** ESAM, oh and 2link: Exarch, nicaboy, reelbigfish, and/or I can give you melee peach help if you ever need it

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Didn't realize my comment affected you so much DFEAR, I was trying to pep him up, not make you feel bad. You gotta learn to zone out what you don't wanna hear from a crowd.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
yeaah I'd like that. I was playing friendlies with Blea, Nica, and others(their names are fuzzy for me lol). I didn't do too bad, but yeah I could really appreciate some more help so I can do Melee events with you guys.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Didn't realize my comment affected you so much DFEAR, I was trying to pep him up, not make you feel bad. You gotta learn to zone out what you don't wanna hear from a crowd.
:\ yea my self esteem in tourney matches is so ****ing low. btw I KNOW i recorded A LOT of matches...i need to figure out stuff etc etc

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You gotta just believe in yourself. If not, believe in everybody who believes in you, but not the people that want you to lose. Simon wouldn't have been able to do anything if he believed in the Spiral King.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
best pun of the night was something like...

man, i'm lacking potassium in my wrists...
then someone goes...
nah its K...
get it...?
K...
K...as in...the periodic table of elements K?
19k39?....
GOD DAMMIT
ITS FUNNY I SWEAR!

edit: sorry for leaving early...didnt wanna be around anyone atm

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Aww DFEAR :( At least be around people, it is good to cool off with people because then at bigger tournaments when you lose in winners you can calm down before loser's matches.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
So...bout them instructions about giving you the video...
yes, yes xD

Posting in white since I don't want to hurt your guys' eyes reading this.

Alright so everyone who brought a wii here please read this post. Even if your wii is not hacked I would like for you to check and see since there are some games that finished under 3mins.

If You Have an SD Card

in order to get me your matches first thing I want you to do is pop in your SD card(if it isn't already) in your wii and move any and all replays from January 8th(1/8/10) from the wii onto the card if there are any there.(players may have saved some replays onto the wii rather than the card). Do not worry if you have matches from other dates onto your card. I will tell you how to avoid sending me those.

Now when you are completely sure that you have grabbed every replay off your wii and placed them on your card place your SD card into your computer/SD card reader.

Once your card is in your device of choice I want you to go to this directory on your SD card:

X:private/Wii/App/RSBE/rp

X being your SD card drive letter.(For example my letter might be E so it'd be E:/Private/..etc. etc.)

Once you've reached that folder you will see .bin files. These files are replays. Replays are named according to the date and time they were made

For example 04/12/2010 1:20pm is going to be named rp_100412_1320.bin (rp_yearmonthday_militarytime)

In our case ESAM's tournament was on 01/08/2011(don't worry about the time since we're taking all replays from this date).

I want you to look for all replays with "rp_110108" in their name. Copy all these files off your card and place these somewhere onto your computer. Now I would really appreciate it if you could zip all these files up so I do not have to individually download them.(if you don't know how to zip then that's okay). Now that you have all the replays you need to get the replays to me. My favorite way would be for you to upload the zip/files to mediafire. You can easily and quickly make an account and again that would make my work easier. When you prepare to upload the files to mediafire please make a folder to upload them to that way you can give me the url of your folder. To give me the url of the folder you upload to click the 'Share this folder' button and copy the link it gives you.

If your really don't want to quickly make a mediafire account(please? D: ) you can also email me at Twolink121@gmail.com. At that point though if you want to email me you need to zip them up. Once you've sent the replays to me your job is done! thank you x3

If you're wondering why I don't ask you to AIM/MSN File transfer:
I do my recording on another computer. I don't really want to email myself the matches and download them there lol(I don't have a drive I can use for easy transfer atm). If you really don't want to upload them you can AIM them to me if you want though. Whichever you'd like.
If You Don't Have an SD Card

Hmm if you do not have an SD card(you really should consider buying one lol) grab FCs off the er bottom left of this post I think lol(I use a different post style). Make sure to Lemme have your codes and then you can send the matches over. If you have a bunch I have a trick you can use to bypass the replay sending limit. You might already know this. Basically after Brawl tells you that you've reached the limit of replays to send go into the wii menu and change the date to either yesterday or one day ahead. That will reset brawl's limit and you can continue sending replays. When you finish you can change it back to the right date. Sorry if you have like thirty matches you have to send me. Buy a card D:

If any of you have any questions lemme know and link me when you have the matches uploaded/email via AIM/SWF whatever you want lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why don't you just transfer it on AIM? AIM is pretty good with those, especially considering replays are very low size.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I do my recording on another computer. I don't really want to email myself the matches and download them there lol(I don't have a drive I can use for easy transfer atm). If you don't want to upload them you can AIM them to me if you want though. Whichever you'd like.

Top Bottom