• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2nd BEST - Schedule Updated, Project M Info

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
2nd BEST Extreme Smash in Troy

February 26

Where:

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Student Union in Troy, NY at the intersection of Sage Ave and 15th St. Go to Google Maps and search for "Rensselaer Union, Troy, NY."

The tournament room is on the first floor this time, in a room called "Mother's." We'll have signs up directing people there.

Google maps image. Most people will probably come from 7/Hoosick St.

Zoomed in plus parking. Greens are definitely free, and yellow areas are questionably metered on weekends (including along 15th St).

Building image is how it looks from the intersection of Sage Ave and 15th St.

We can provide housing overnight if necessary. Contact us beforehand.

Prices:

$5 Melee singles
$5 Brawl singles
$10 Melee teams ($5 per person)
$10 Brawl teams ($5 per person)
No venue fee

Payouts:
Singles:
55/30/10/5

Doubles:
60/30/10

Schedule: (currently tentative but not likely to change much)

Registration for each event will go until the event starts. Singles will include pools.

9:00am - Venue opens
11:00am - Brawl doubles
12:30pm - Brawl singles
4:30pm - Project M singles (bracket only)
5:30pm - Melee doubles
7:00pm - Melee singles
12:00am - Venue closes

Melee Rules:

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Wobbling is banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Set format:

1. Blind picks: Both players select characters.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-2-1 order according to controller port number.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Brawl Rules:

- Items off and none.
- 3 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on.
- If time runs out, if either player exceeds 50 ledge grabs, that player receives a loss. Otherwise the winner is determined by stock then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- If the match ends with both players dying from a suicide kill (such as by Bowser or Ganondorf), the initiator of the move is declared the victor.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned. In addition, all people are responsible for their own control scheme/name tag and must make sure it is set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
- Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall beyond 300% or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.
- Meta Knight's infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
- Scrooging is banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Set format:

1. Blind picks: Both players select characters.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-2-1 order according to controller port number.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Project M Side Event:

Project M will be singles only with no pools, just the bracket. This will start at 4:30, and it will likely cut a little into both Brawl singles finals and some Melee doubles. Those tournament matches will take priority over this because this is a side event.

Rules are the same as those from the Pound V tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297314

Entry fee: $2

Payout: 75/25 or 60/30/10 depending on bracket size and rounding numbers.

Characters:
Captain Falcon
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Jigglypuff
Link
Lucas
Mario
Marth
Sheik
Snake
Sonic
Zelda

Stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Wario Ware
Metal Cavern
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+
Halberd
Brinstar

Setups:

We'll have 6 tvs provided for us and no systems. At least bring those if you can't bring a tv.

TVs:

Venue - 6
Zaandaa - 1

Melee/Brawl stuff:

Slightly fewer.

I might update that later.

Attendance:

Zaandaa/tiger10x
Questor
Kwan
Calm
Vibe
tacoreaper
CAC
+ RPI randoms
Cura
Sharky
Beta
Erk
Eevee
1337-0
Pipe
TheManaLord
dudutsai
MetalPat
TommyGreenShirt
Altairian
doommachine15
JesiahTEG
Vicious
Tuna
T. Webb
Sol
otg
Niko
+ who I forgot and more maybes

T.O. contact info:
Name: Adam
AIM: Zaandaa
Email: tiger10x@yahoo.com
Cell: 207-649-0605

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
By the way, I'm open to any suggestions about stuff like rules/times/side events/whatever.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I should be coming to this. Most likely with frannie, and other from cuse who are interested assuming spots allow.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Fer melee we should try a tourny with no RC/Brinstar/Kongo. there was a thread about these stages a little back and I agree they shouldnt be allowed.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
That was actually one thing I was considering doing a little while ago. If more people want that, just speak up.

Related to that, one possible side event I was thinking of doing along with that stage list was low and/or mid tiers on the 21 banned stages only (the six neutrals would be prohibited).

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Probably going to this.

Sharky, if we meet in brax, we're doing a Gentleman's Clause 99 Stock infinite time with Smoke balls and Food on.

doommachine15

Smash Ace
im just coming to win. you guys will meet me there ;) hopefully i find doubs partner from my area to sweep. i know who all of u r that are a threat to me

otg

Smash Master
Mana:

A.) You won't **** us, but you probably will get *****
B.) I really want to play you, especially since you flaked out on me hardcore over the summer
C.) We have no plans to come as of yet, but if Yaneev can convince us, maybe we'll show.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
otg- i already told my doubles partner this tourney is going to be WNY vs TFS. so yeah u guys are def gonna be there lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
to bad wny won't place, besides it was cny (me and tuna, yes I consider tuna cny) vs tfs and we already won. Me and tuna are the ones to beat :)

Top Bottom