• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska Power Rankings UPDATE: 11/10/11 Cat Edition

Update:

Since Rob was a fool and left his computer up, we're taking this opportunity to declare freedom from his tyranny. We are the true masters of Mega Man, and it was time the world recognized that. Therefore, we are presenting the:

Nebraska Power Rankings:
Mega Man Edition
Operation Neon Tiger

Officially Recognized Mega Man Ranking List: Nebraska Edition

This is the official Nebraska Tier List for Mega Man.

Air man theme Tier
Mega Man 9 (3 points)
Mega Man X2 (7 points)

Tornado Man Theme Tier
Mega Man 3 (12 points)
Mega Man X (14 points)
Mega Man 2 (15 points, Echo Tie breaker)
Mega Man 10 (15 points)

Wind Man Theme Tier
Mega Man (22 points, Rob Tie Breaker)
Mega Man 5 (22 points)
Mega Man 4 (24 Points)
Mega Man X4 (28 Points)

Tengu Man Theme Tier
Mega Man 6 (32 points)
Mega Man X3 (36 Points)
Mega Man X5 (39 Points* Expected score)

Officially Accepted Mega Man Games List​

Mega Man Zero series
Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man I-V for the Gameboy
Mega Man for the Game Gear
Mega Man and Bass (Bass Mode please)
Mega Man 7 8-bit remake *only offically approved hack*​

Other Mega Man games do not exist, as far as these rankings are concerned. Their discussion should not be pursued as far as this the NPR:MME is concerned.

Criteria:

To qualify to be on the Nebraska Power Rankings: Mega Man Edition, a player must have these skills:

(1) Playing Mega Man

Obviously, a player must be active among the Mega Man crowd. Currently "retired" players are qualified for the Power Rankings but further inactivity will disqualify you.

(2) Mastery and execution of advanced techniques

Advanced techniques include, but are not limited to: landing difficult jumps; destroy weak enemies on their spawn point, or, for larger enemies, quickly; quick destruction of boss enemies; avoiding hits.

(3) ????

Profit! Always be prepared for the game to give you weapon energy that could help your run. However, getting the energy may add a second to your time? What do you do?

(4) Worship

A true Mega Man player will work without tire to spread the glory of all that is Mega Man, specifically in the hopes of interesting the community so that he can somehow extort his ability for money.

(5) Obsessive playing of Mega Man games

Let's be honest, these games are HARD! As such, it is necessary for a community to recognize those who work diligently on improving their abilities. The player who works harder is the one who is more likely to learn and master the new techniques necessary to reach higher level player.

(6) Beating Dr. Wily without using an Energy Tank

A measure of skill. One factor the Officially Recognized Mega Man Ranking List: Nebraska Edition considers is how difficult the final boss is, and thus how hard the end of the game is.****

(7) Ranking in time trials on Mega Man 9 and 10

MM9 and MM10. This allows us to directly rank different players in specific levels.

(8) Actually owning a Mega Man game

Obvious.

(9) Mastery of the Top Spin

Be a master:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

We appreciate conversation and feedback, but excessive trolling will be strongly looked down upon. Thank you and have a pleasant week.

Official Tier List

#1-Rob's cat(s) -

#2-Echo's dog - Is Rush every Halloween
#3-Sherman's bird's - Freak out when Sherman beats Storm Eagle
#4-Rob - Makes over confident claims about Mega Man
#5-Echo - Uses all of his item 3 too early, then misses the jump on Wily 2 and runs out
#6-Sherman - Uses an E-Tank, then dies to the boss anyway
#9-GameGenie222 - :falco: (included at the insistence of Sherman's bird)

Honorable Mention:
Bobby (Span) - Beats Mega Man X games on occassions
Rob's Brother - Was lost to pharmacy school. Damn you, pharmacy school!
Rob's Sister - Has retired from Mega Man, beat bosses in Mega Man 1-4 before MRM did, has kids who are going to be on the PR
Robs other cats- Have great mental understanding but don't know how to push buttons effectively enough to be on the PR.
Mew2King - Goodwill ambassador.
Overswarm - Is a ****ing man.
BPow - Has actually beaten Mega Man 9; something Joker hasn't done.
Jlo - Has beaten over 15 mega man games.

Panelists
MegaRobMan
ShermantheTank
Echo

****Bonus points if you can beat Dr. Wily without using any tanks

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Remember the day I came up to Nebraska?

Well leading up to it, you guys were all fighting over power rankings and stuff and I chimed in, "Brawl don't lie." I was super hyped to come after that because I thought you guys were going to be super competitive.

Needless to say, I was saddened when I didn't see more rage about who's better and ended up finding this debacle. The parallel is astounding to me.

I am saddened by this

:( :( :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Obviously Lux isn't a fan of post-modernism.

TBH, I'm really disappointed with Nebraska Brawl too, we never play or practice, but I'm improving by learning mind games via melee and occasional Link/Wolf practice. But Thugz just went to back to back weekends of OOS tournaments and did really well in that MI tournament. Trent went to WHOBO which is really good. Sorry aura/GG/DYosh/Randoms, yall haven't done anything in a while, minus that Con tournament that doesn't matter. Tyser will show up to random events and **** bad players and lose to good ones.

However this thread isn't about that, it's about Mega Man which Nebraska does care about other than 3 people.

Anti-Mega Man Propaganda
This thread is in no way shape or form a condemnation of our Nebraska Smash or specifically, the Brawl scene. If you two are embarrassed by this thread, then shame on you. One of the people who works the hardest to keep the Brawl scene alive in Nebraska is MegaRobMan and technically, he's all Omaha has anymore. He can have extra, non-brawl related fun with his friends in a very skillful game that improves upon various fighting game skills such as reaction time and spacing. Also, the majority of the time we game platformers we wind up spending a significant chunk of it playing smash.

Thank you for your interest. Get Equipped with C. Shot and Rush Jet Adapter.

Echo

Smash Champion
Good ****. I feel content with my placing... looks like I need to step my game up before I can compete for the #1 spot. I main mm2 which I feel puts me at a disadvantage to Robs god tier mm9. I'm working to make mm2 god tier as well... but for now top tier is good enough.

Mike Vberg could be higher imo, but robs brother seems to be some competition there. Maybe M2K could have been a legend if he would haved moved to omaha instead of ohio.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Good ****. I feel content with my placing... looks like I need to step my game up before I can compete for the #1 spot. I main mm2 which I feel puts me at a disadvantage to Robs god tier mm9. I'm working to make mm2 god tier as well... but for now top tier is good enough.
Given how much I've been nerding Mega Man, you might need to step up your game just to hold onto your #2 spot.

Maybe M2K could have been a legend if he would haved moved to omaha instead of ohio.
If M2K is willing to move to Nebraska, I'm willing to move MM2 to the #2 spot

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
M2k will never move to Nebraska ever and why my name on this list is stupid cause the only megaman games I played were the BN series, a little starforce even though I hated that series, Maverick hunters the remake of X1 on the PSP and X 2 or 3 on the game boy color?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This thread is in no way shape or form a condemnation of our Nebraska Smash or specifically, the Brawl scene. If you two are embarrassed by this thread, then shame on you. One of the people who works the hardest to keep the Brawl scene alive in Nebraska is MegaRobMan and technically, he's all Omaha has anymore. He can have extra, non-brawl related fun with his friends in a very skillful game that improves upon various fighting game skills such as reaction time and spacing. Also, the majority of the time we game platformers we wind up spending a significant chunk of it playing smash.

Thank you for your interest. Get Equipped with C. Shot and Rush Jet Adapter.
lol, I'd have given them a P. Shot instead. Rush Adapter first is a really smart move for these newbs so long as it isn't MM4/5's jet, that things garbage.

Mike Vberg could be higher imo, but robs brother seems to be some competition there. Maybe M2K could have been a legend if he would haved moved to omaha instead of ohio.
I technically main Mega Man 1 right now, but I secondary every single other one, tercentenary the X series.

Vandenberg has a lot of skill, but the thread isn't entirely correct. My brother says he's beaten Mega man 2 and 3 without dying, and I'm pretty sure I've witnessed him doing 3 no deaths, and that game is really hard. He used some E-tanks on the Doc robot levels, but yeah, that's what e-tanks are for.

Given how much I've been nerding Mega Man, you might need to step up your game just to hold onto your #2 spot.

If M2K is willing to move to Nebraska, I'm willing to move MM2 to the #2 spot
I mean, we would probably have to have a closed door meeting to discuss the rankings, but I honestly doubt my family would care to have MM1 go down a few pegs. Mega Man 3 belongs at #2 imo and in the communitys opinion as whole.

M2k will never move to Nebraska ever and why my name on this list is stupid cause the only megaman games I played were the BN series, a little starforce even though I hated that series, Maverick hunters the remake of X1 on the PSP and X 2 or 3 on the game boy color?
This post is full of awesomeness. GG222 you are the Nebraska prodigy, brah.

Love u all!! lol so hot
Ladies and Gentlemen, Crazy Sassy Elevator Lady has made herself an account.

the only megaman games I played were the BN series, a little starforce even though I hated that series, Maverick hunters the remake of X1 on the PSP and X 2 or 3 on the game boy color?
I didn't clarify this in the main post, but discussion of the NPR:MME should be limited to the Officially Accepted Mega Man Games List.

I edited the main post to include these games, quoted here:

X1-5
Mega Man Zero series
Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man I-V for the Gameboy
Please limit all future conversation to these games only. Thank you.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
LOL at this. Too pro.
TC do you play Mega Man? I'd come to MI for a mega man tournament. <3

I didn't clarify this in the main post, but discussion of the NPR:MME should be limited to the Officially Accepted Mega Man Games List.

I edited the main post to include these games, quoted here:

Please limit all future conversation to these games only. Thank you.
There are probably some missing that are good games but I think we'll be fine for now until someone brings up the ZS series which tbh I haven't played but it looks decent.

Also I vote to move my brother ahead of Dan. Dan just missed a jump into a pit and pushed start. Knew he was dead. Then used an E-tank. He now has 1 less life and Energy tank.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Also I vote to move my brother ahead of Dan. Dan just missed a jump into a pit and pushed start. Knew he was dead. Then used an E-tank. He now has 1 less life and Energy tank.
I'll agree to this only if I get moved back once I beat my sub-30 minute MM9 run.

And the E-Tank was a MISTAKE DAMNIT!!!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Haha this is too funny. Some people used to race mm9 and mm2 on speedrunslive, not sure if anyone plays those games on there anymore.

I agree with this tier list btw, except for forcing people to play through mm10. That game is trash.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nah Man, Nitro Man's level/weapon make 10 really good, same with Solar Mans and Wily 2, all 3 are superb levels.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Nah Man, Nitro Man's level/weapon make 10 really good, same with Solar Mans and Wily 2, all 3 are superb levels.
Fair enough, maybe I'll give it another chance. I couldn't finish it, I just lost interest half way through. It was kind of the opposite of mm9 for me =/

Echo

Smash Champion
Play as Proto Man. Sometimes, I just stand there and watch the scarf.

SwaggaSmirkz

Smash Rookie
I would like to be on the list before Rob's cat...or as an honorable mention. I like cats so I figure that should qualify me.

:reverse:

Trent

Smash Champion
Megaman X, X2, X3, and X4 are all better than any Megaman game ever created. Ever.

This thread is dumb.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If it makes you feel any better, if this was the Mega Man X Nebraska PR, I'd still be #1.

Same with the Nebraska Sonic PR
, but that's cause only pre-dreamcast games would qualify.

Trent

Smash Champion
Only cause YOU BIAS SON. I would kick your *** in a Megaman X speed run, as well as a Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles speed run.

Real talk.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
rofl on the mega man X speed run, I would beat you with 100% confidence, speed, 100% complete, whatever you want

Sonic would be interesting, I bet I would take you on in the game gear ones and Sonic 3. Real talk!
idk about the other ones though.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, Mega Man X2 was my favorite game until 9 came out, and I still think Mega Man X2 is the 2nd best game ever made...so I'm pretty familiar with the game.

True Story-I've actually raced people in Mega Man X, I lost a MMX4 Zero race to some kid in 2008 because I ****ed my jump up, and he was on my level, even though I ***** him in X and X4 with Mega Man. I'm 6-1 in X races, never actually done a Mega Man one.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
A sub 29 and you have a deal.
I'll see your 29 and raise you 26. I'm at 10:28 with two robot masters and Wily left to go.

Megaman X, X2, X3, and X4 are all better than any Megaman game ever created. Ever.
Have you ever tried to speed run a MM versus MMX game? MMX has the dash, dash jump, and worthless special weapons. MM has extremely hard technical jumps that you can't just air-dash over, and weapons that completely redefine the way the game is played.

If we're specifically talking about speed running, MM beats MMX like a red-headed step child.

This thread is dumb.
About as dumb as having a Nebraska Brawl PR.

Only cause YOU BIAS SON. I would kick your *** in a Megaman X speed run
Count me in. Next Aura's?

Moving this to thread to the social is like telling a black man to go to the back of the bus. Just wrong.

This man speaks the truth. This thread is the most legit PR on Smashboards.

Top Bottom