• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska Power Rankings UPDATE: 11/10/11 Cat Edition

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Which is why it was taken down. :bee:

Also, I'm talking about in terms of fun for X > MM, not for speed running.
lol this is our tribute to the old one, and I hope none of the humor is lost on you.

Fun is relative. When it comes down to gameplay, level design, music and challenge, 9 beats the X series, and replay value > fun to me. I'll give X4 credit for having 2 completely different playstyles which is something even 10 can't claim. I have a hard time taking a side on the fun thing because they are just one in the same to me, playing mega man/x is like breathing or talking about mega man to me. It's all great and I take enormous pleasure playing all of the qualified games.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
lol this is our tribute to the old one, and I hope none of the humor is lost on you.
This.

Fun is relative.
And this. I originally got hooked on the X games, but now that I've gotten better at gaming they're way too easy. So I started playing the original Mega Mans, but then those started getting too easy. Then I made the logical jump of working on speed runs, which means I'm playing MM9 because speed running is built into the game and I'm waaaayyyyyy too lazy to bother recording myself.

With that said, if you enjoy playing the X series, go ahead and play it. If you get good enough we might stick you on here :p

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've though it over, and this is my list from the entire mega man universe

100-
MM9
MMX2
MM3
MMX
MMX4
MM2 (Difficult, though it's possition doesn't matter if it's Normal)
MM5
MM10 (Standard, extra modes/downloadable content moves this above 5)
MM4
MM1
MM6
MMV
90-
MMX3
MMZ2
MMZ
MMX5
MMIII
MMZ3
MMIV
MMDWR
MMII
82-

Worst rating out of those is an 82 for GB MMII

Echo

Smash Champion
Dan are you ready for our NMMPR face off? Could be the most epic thing to be seen in 2011...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Apparently Mushroomring sits around and plays the Mega Man X collection all the time. That's ****ing cool as hell.

I personally feel we should put the Classic and X series side by side but it would look kinda silly with 4/5 games on the side with 8 games next to it, ya know?

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Good work everyone, the updates are what the community probably wanted as a whole, so I'm fine with it even though I don't agree 100%, 90% is okay.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Just finished up a preliminary run of MM9. I got 27:27; please update my fastest time. This run is almost four minutes faster than my old time. I'm pretty happy with that, and extremely confident I can wrap this run up under 25 minutes.

Edit:

Damn, didn't realize it, but there was a lot of updates.

Officially Recognized Mega Man Ranking List: NebraskaEdition

This is the official Nebraska Tier List for Mega Man.

Mega Man 9
Mega Man X2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 10
Mega Man X
Mega Man 2
Mega Man X4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 1
Mega Man 4
Mega Man X3
Mega Man 6[/CENTER]
I don't think the placing is perfect, but I can see several changes that I've argued for. This decision belongs to the community as a whole, so I'm glad I played my part.

Official Tier List

#1-Rob - Unproven World Records in 3 games, ranked in top 15 in MM9 and 10 according to the time trials board, can play with his left hand only, is an inspiration to the entire video game nation.
#2-Echo"]Echo[/COLOR] - Top three time on Special Stage 2 in MM10, has mega man avatar on Facebook
#3-Sherman - 27:27 top speed in MM9, within top 150 on Splash Woman's stage, has finally beaten all of the original Mega Man games, is playing Mega Man 10 right now.
NEW #4-Mushroomring - Spends his entire life with the Mega Man X collection in his Gamecube, which not only shows the exuberant quality traits listed above, but is in fact a complete slap to the face of the smash community (it should be noted that slapping the Smash community in the face is encouraged as it promotes Mega Man)
#5-Mike Vandenberg - Beat all Sigma Bosses with X-Buster only
NEW #6-Rob's cat - Lays next to the Wii and watches, has beaten every boss buster only
NEW #7-JBM - Sits and listens to Mega Man music all day
#8-GameGenie222 - Stole Dr. Wily's TV in order to play more Mega Man
NEW #9-Trent - Has played Mega Man before, think's he's top at X
NEW #10-resTy - Plays Elec Man's first frame over and over and over and over while listening to Journey.
Some surprises here, but the top guys are spot on. When I read about Mushroomring, I knew he'd get into the top five at least. Good ****!

Honorable Mention:
Rob's Brother - Was lost to pharmacy school. Damn you, pharmacy school!
Rob's Sister - Has retired from Mega Man, beat bosses in Mega Man 1-4 before MRM did, has kids who are going to be on the PR
Mew2King - Goodwill ambassador.
Overswarm - Is a ****ing man.
BPow - Has actually beaten Mega Man 9; something Joker hasn't done.
Jlo - Has beaten over 15 mega man games.
**** yeah!

resTy

Smash Champion
Matt has beaten all the X games at least once without getting damaged or getting upgrades. He has them recorded on VHS at his house. I forget the exact amount of tapes but there's a shit ton and I remember watching them a few years ago when we were bored of Smashing. It got mad boring watching him destroy the game so effortlessly...

Matt has beaten all the X games at least once without getting damaged or getting upgrades. He has them recorded on VHS at his house. I forget the exact amount of tapes but there's a shit ton and I remember watching them a few years ago when we were bored of Smashing. It got mad boring watching him destroy the game so effortlessly...
This will be taken into consideration next time the PR is updated.

25:23 on MM9, can shave at least another minute off.

Get at me.
Good job; your top time has been updated.

resTy

Smash Champion
Matt has only played the MMX series and MMZero series. Never played classics.

EDIT: He also played all the ones with those battle chips or whatever.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Tyser, you are referring to the battle network series in which I beat all but the 1st one then there's the StarForce series but I dislike that series from the get-go.

Pay attention to the rules guys:

Officially Recognized Mega Man Ranking List: NebraskaEdition

This is the official Nebraska Tier List for Mega Man.

Mega Man 9
Mega Man X2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 10
Mega Man X
Mega Man 2
Mega Man X4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 1
Mega Man 4
Mega Man X3
Mega Man 6

Officially Accepted Mega Man Games List

Mega Man X5
Mega Man Zero series
Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man I-V for the Gameboy
Mega Man and Bass (Bass Mode please)

Other Mega Man games do not exist, as far as these rankings are concerned. Their discussion should not be pursued as far as this the NPR:MME is concerned.
GG, this is your second strike. One more and you're off the PR.

Echo

Smash Champion
If you haven't played the original series, then you haven't played Mega Man, imo.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I don't care about that spin-off series I just played what I played that is all.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Just to clear some things up.

I've beaten x, x4, x5, x6, and x7.

Does that mean i leveled up?
Whenever the next major update happens, the MMPR will make note of your beating X games, though technically X6 and X7 don't count. However, I must commend your courage for making it through those piles of garbage. But as Echo says,

If you haven't played the original series, then you haven't played Mega Man, imo.
This is pretty true, we play platformers all the time and they are superior to minigame styled games in all facets imo and ito of this entire organization as a whole, so chances to sit down and play a classic Mega Man or even 9/10 are frequent. I'd also play Smash.

Moving up the ranks requires CURRENT effort, if "I have beaten Mega Man _____ in 2009" was criteria, more than 1 of my cats would be on this list and my brother wouldn't be on the retired section.

I don't care about that spin-off series I just played what I played that is all.
Good, this is a start, we need to get you up to speed on actual Mega Man and not the spin offs so this is the mentality we've been looking for.

Update: Mega Man PR Rankings update.

Mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen! During the first week of June, the first ever Mega Man Power Ranking Super-fun Mega Positioning Night is upon us. The featured event, you ask? Echo putting his Proto-status on the line against ShermantheSplashWoman. Will Echo protect his #2 status? Or will Sherman step out of the kitchen, frying pan flying?

Also featured will be a discussion over the Officially Recognized Mega Man Ranking List: Nebraska Edition. Please note that this is to be an intelligent discussion; mindlessly stating that "Mega Man is better than X" or vice versa is not allowed. Also up for discussion is the Mega Man Zero series. Come prepared to toss them into the tier list!

Mega-Edit

Whenever the next major update happens, the MMPR will make note of your beating X games, though technically X6 and X7 don't count. However, I must commend your courage for making it through those piles of garbage.
Actually, Rob, you don't have dictatorship of this group even though you are King. We've decided that JBM is at worst tied with your cat. If you disagree so much, please respond as with why you think your cat is a better Mega Man player than JBM.

resTy

Smash Champion
How come the only games on the list are only games that Rob has played? That's not even fair to nerds who have played the other games. If you have all of one series and then only some of another series, isn't that being mad bias? If you include one game from another series, you should include all of em. That said, I SHOULD BE HIGHER! I ALMOST BEAT MMX4 ONE TIME!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser, because we are nerds and don't play ****ty games. I've played all the games that I bash.

Mega Man battle network is garbage. Mega Man X6-8 are garbage. Mega Man 7 is garbage. Mega Man 8 is garbage. Mega Man Command Mission is garbage. Mega Man Legends is recycled materials that isn't quite of the same quality as it's old self. (i.e. not garbage but not great).

Mega Man X5-is a good game but not of the same quality as X4-X
Mega Man Zero series-Is really good, haven't played the 4th one.
Mega Man Soccer-obvious troll
Mega Man I-V for the Gameboy-Mega Man V is a really great game and some of them are pretty good.
Mega Man and Bass (Bass Mode please)-Two play modes and has clever (hard) level design.

I haven't played star force but I've been told by Echo they suck and I trust his opinion.

Update: Mega ManActually, Rob, you don't have dictatorship of this group even though you are King. We've decided that JBM is at worst tied with your cat. If you disagree so much, please respond as with why you think your cat is a better Mega Man player than JBM.

I'm not taking the bait, but I've literally had my cat move her paws on the controler to beat games before to add for the challenge.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've played Mega Man hack RPG's before that are twice as good and have better stories than that game, though I just remember Shadow betraying you like 3 times and the mega man series's usual "bad guy turned good saves the day", I didn't like how it felt or any of dialog.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
How come the only games on the list are only games that Rob has played? That's not even fair to nerds who have played the other games. If you have all of one series and then only some of another series, isn't that being mad bias? If you include one game from another series, you should include all of em. That said, I SHOULD BE HIGHER! I ALMOST BEAT MMX4 ONE TIME!
Get past the first screen of Elec Man's stage and then we'll consider it.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Guys I just had a sweet dream, and I figured I should post it here to offend some people, since its slightly Megaman related.

So basically my dream was that I was in a hollywood-*******ized live action megaman film. The two main forces were Dr. Wily, a sadistic evil genius spreading panic and turning humans into horrific creatures, and Dr. Light, a governmental researcher who had assembled a secret FBI team to combat Wily codenamed "Team Megaman."

I was the average joe hacker kid who had his girlfriend (Megan Fox) kidnapped by Wily. Weaseling my way through danger, sticking my nose where it didn't belong, until Rock had caught wind of me snooping and we had a very threatening first-meeting. Eventually we collaborated our info together.

BUT THEN, Dr. Wily used his holographic machine to make himself look like me, and snuck into the Team Megaman hotel rendezvous. Thats when he held rock at gunpoint with an evil laugh, before a hot asian Roll (Proly Lucy Liu, or I guess more recent films it would be Olivia Munn) busted in. The encounter was left short-lived however as a mutated super-human Protoman covered Wily's escape. A videotape was left showing a former member of Team Megaman turned into a giant parakeet, trapped in a bird cage and being fed. There was a large moment of silence, sadness and speculation among the team as we continued our rendezvous on how to combat this conspiracy.

I'm sure the dream will continue until justice prevails. I always have continuous or repeating dreams, will get back to you if it goes down. ^_^

Top Bottom