• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska Power Rankings UPDATE: 11/10/11 Cat Edition

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Unless Roboenza ends up being the predecessor for the Zero/Sigma virus, Mega Man 10 is the only Mega Man game that has a non-sense story.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Your dreams make too much sense.
They usually don't really, I had like 3 weird dreams before this one. I was probably half-watching something on TV when this dream came into my head.

That is the best 3D Rendition of GHZ I've ever seen. It looks pretty damn good. I saw the interview video and the game looks a whole lot better there. I love the fact that GHZ got such an expanded depth to it, you can even see him grinding in the caves underneath all the waterfalls. If every level is given such detail, it looks like it'll be one really worthwhile game. Which is the most you can ask for in this era for the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsEj-heCGbE&feature=watch_response

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Eh, sonic is a good series but fails in comparison to mega man X in the 16-bit wars. tbh, until MM9 sonic's new games were probably better than the new mega mans. X7-8 lol battle network lol. That being said, I hope that game is good. I haven't played much of Sonic 4 but the first stage was pretty alright.

Edit: WOw, I'm wrong. The Zero series destroys all the new sonic games.

But I must admit, the real reason I'm back here is to show you guys thew MK9 PR.

mk9 pr

1. Echo
2. Mk mike
3. Robs cat
4. Majik
5. Robs sister
6. Mega man
7. Jbm
8. Cue
Not only did Mega Man make it (good job!) but my cat is killing kids with her wombocombos. And FYI, I had NOTHING do with that, other people are rob's cat biased too, but she is really good at traditional fighting games.

My cat is ranked #6 and #3 in the state in two of the most competitive scenes in the state. What a 2000th post.

Edit: Dan, you updated the rankings of the MM tier list. I like it better but Mega Man 2 droppppppppeeeeedddd far. We need to have a community vote, even though Echo has said before he likes 10 more than 2.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
If anyone cares about the point totals:

Game - Points
9 - 36
X2 - 32
3 - 29

2 - 24
10 - 22
4 - 21
X - 20

1 - 13
5/X4 - 12
6 - 9

X3 - 5

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm saddened that Mega Man 2 jumped up so high, but it's understandable since the Moore family only has 1 vote now. The main point is that Mega Man 9 and X2 are clearly the best in the series. btw I voted X to be way higher than where it placed for those wondering why the X series is so under valued here.

Echo

Smash Champion
*sigh* I really tried to post a big thing about how I feel about where the mm games stack up and why, but I just can't lol... I get too worked up for my enormous love of Mega Man games and I can't put it all into words. Sorry, Rob... I've failed you.

X being under 4 is probably my bad, I threw my list together super fast... I'd say X belongs above 4.

I'm not happy until MM2 makes Black Hole Bomb Tier.

Echo

Smash Champion
Nvm... MM2 made JEWEL SHIELD TIER!! Congrats, MM2. You deserve it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Guys, a great misjustice has been brought upon our NPRMM. Mega Man for the GameGear is not on the list of approved games, and I believe it should be.

Also, who the **** else is looking at this thread right now. It says two viewers but one is hidden, rofl.

Lots of things to discuss.

MK Nick, Trent and Tyler: We watched your attempts at Mega Man X, and you did some things quite well considering your handicaps, both in game and vices. However, doing an "X-buster only" quest is silly since you are limiting yourself to the most broken weapon in the game. Doing it buster only is only impressive if you don't use the charge shot. Also, you used the dash in a no power up quest, that's pretty silly. Overall, this was very unimpressive and has hindered Nicks ascention to the top portion of the rankings.

Echo V Airman: Some people have been talking smack about Echo's performance the other day in Mega Man 2, the game he has the most expertise in, other than perhaps Mega Man 10. The facts are that the game was glitched out hard and it was a worthy mind game and a demotion isn't in order until someone clearly out plays Echo for the entirety of the game, and not just one segment, and not just one game. Dan may be very much worthy of the #2 spot, Matt may be as well, so might Nick or Rob's Cat.

Rankings Night: Dan and Echo are planning on competing with each other, in a dice game to determine what game they play from 1-6/9/10. Nick has said he wants in on the action to supplant Dan and Echo from their spots. If Matt or anyone else would like to take their hand and spin the wheel, let us know. I'm sure we could fire some X up if there are worthy adversaries there for us to play.

Also, Rankings updated, Games Added, Titles updated, front page cleaned up a bit

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Lots of things to discuss.

MK Nick, Trent and Tyler: We watched your attempts at Mega Man X, and you did some things quite well considering your handicaps, both in game and vices. However, doing an "X-buster only" quest is silly since you are limiting yourself to the most broken weapon in the game. Doing it buster only is only impressive if you don't use the charge shot. Also, you used the dash in a no power up quest, that's pretty silly. Overall, this was very unimpressive and has hindered Nicks ascention to the top portion of the rankings.

Echo V Airman: Some people have been talking smack about Echo's performance the other day in Mega Man 2, the game he has the most expertise in, other than perhaps Mega Man 10. The facts are that the game was glitched out hard and it was a worthy mind game and a demotion isn't in order until someone clearly out plays Echo for the entirety of the game, and not just one segment, and not just one game. Dan may be very much worthy of the #2 spot, Matt may be as well, so might Nick or Rob's Cat.

Rankings Night: Dan and Echo are planning on competing with each other, in a dice game to determine what game they play from 1-6/9/10. Nick has said he wants in on the action to supplant Dan and Echo from their spots. If Matt or anyone else would like to take their hand and spin the wheel, let us know. I'm sure we could fire some X up if there are worthy adversaries there for us to play.

Also, Rankings updated, Games Added, Titles updated, front page cleaned up a bit
Psh, I'll get rolled unless it's one of the three Megaman's I even know. Leave me out of my placement for awhile. At least let me finish my speedrun of 10 first >>

Also Tyler never played MMX. That was pretty much just me and Trent. With Trent taking over at the end. Until he broke the SNES. Cause he's a big o dumb.

I need motivation. Every time I start playing MM I get mad and turn on Super Ghouls 'N' Ghost.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Very false, though battletoads is excellent, same with double dragon and battletoads ragnarok something or other on the Gameboy, and the arcade game. I didn't really play much battlemaniacs, but I bet it was good, cause you could play as pimple.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I'm dearly upset at my current (low) placement on the tier list. I vented my frustrations by beating ~four Mega Man games over the last ~three days but, since Rob didn't let me borrow his other MM games while he's gone, have run out of games to play. Thus, I'm venting my anger here.

FEEL THE ANGER!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dan, quit your complaining and replay the games you have to prepare for the gauntlet, of mega man.

You have MM9 and 10 and 3. Even though 3 has more lag than the NES equivelant, it's still excellent practice.

Notice: This computer doesn't have spell check as I go, so I'm pretty sure I botched a few words here.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You do remember my last girlfriend was Mega Manten, right? We're still together, just off and on. Me and my cat are spiritual guides for each other and completely food driven, not even close to married.

GS to Nick and Tyler who got eloped over the weekend, according to Dan.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You're gonna have to get a whole lot closer to Nebraska, and I'm gonna have to get a whole lot gayer.
Maybe I should switch to Ice Climbers.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Megaman X3 being Roll Tier breaks my heart </3
At least we didn't lump it together with X5.

Also, we should start playing the Gameboy Mega Man games so I can put them on the PR and not have it be based on my opinion because I'm the only person (in the world) who has beaten all 5 of them multiple times.

Congratulations to Echo #3 for defeating ShermantheTank #4 and solidifying your place as Proto Mike Man.

Your victory in Mega Man 2 was pretty convincing, but your time was over an hour (11 deaths), and Dan could have caught you if he would have realized he didn't go into battle with full C on Wily 4, though you would have cleared it earlier if you didn't die on Wily 4 like 5 times. Work on Air Man.

Your victory in Mega Man 9 was by 11 seconds (11 deaths) and > 41 minute time. Dan was drunk, nervous and demoralized early on, but he should have won this particular game, I've seen him play way better, way drunker. But good job not dying until the 4th Boss (Jewel Man), I was very impressed at times, and almost more impressed by your overall play than unimpressed with Dan's poor showing. The majority of your time/deaths (and Dans) came from Wily 3.

Now, you get the challenge Robs Cat. Rules are as followed.

#1-BO3, same deal as with Dan.
#2-Robs cat sits with Rob and he will hold the controller still for her so she can paw on it.
#3-If she starts meowing and hissing and runs away, Echo must pause the game immediately until she returns.
#4-If the cat refuses to return, Rob is allowed to swap out cats. Echo's game must remain in paws. lul.
#5-If both cats are drained and don't want to play because they need to lay around and look like cute cats, Echo and Rob must sit around and praise them. This will make certain they return to the game in a more timely fashion.

Good Luck, I've heard Lily likes to counter-pick Mega Man I

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lily beat Mega Man 6 and 1 today in a row, both without dying, both without energy tanks (which is a lot easier to do in MM1), while breaking the current Mega Man 1 time on speeddemoarchives. Not quite as fast as I've done before, but impressive none the less.

Top Bottom