• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

zApollo

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Nova has now changed the pot one final time.

Both Melee @ Brawl are FLAT payments of the following.
1st: $1000
2nd: $300
3rd: $150

NOW TELL ME THAT ISN'T HYPE FOR AN AUSTRALIAN TOURNEY!
$1000 EACH FOR THE WINNER OF BOTH BRAWL AND MELEE, THAT IS UNHEARD OF IN AUSTRALIA

RELOADED VIII 16th July

The finale of the Reloaded LAN series, Reloaded VIII, promises to be a huge event (bigger than ACL). With the highest payout that will ever be seen in Australia, up to $1000 1st place for Brawl and Melee, you can expect fierce competition with Australia's most skilled players. Top names in Brawl and Melee have been confirmed thanks to generous sponsorship by Nova.

Wookie's original post: (OUTDATED)
This will make for Saturday the 16th of July to be declared "Smash Saturday". Singles, Doubles and Melee will be held concurrently, and the timetable for these events will be determined by the Valhalla Smash team.

Tentatively, I am setting a total Smash prize pool (1v1, 2v2, Melee) at $800.00, with the split being determined again, by the Reloaded Smash team, and no doubt pursuant to feedback here on the forum. This will be finalised in coming weeks.

Entry cost will be $30.00 for this event, although tickets will be available at some live lan events at 2 for $50.00. (Tekken, Streetfighter and other tournaments will be Friday Night, Halo and others will be on the Saturday night). The reason for this is that there is near parity in the prize money between PC and Console this event, which is traditionally subsidized by the BYO PC guys. Essentially the increased ticket money will go straight back as prize money, as befits the states largest event.

Ill be watching feedback for the next month, with all revealed at the April event. If you want to contact me direct, email me @ the_wookie@adam.com.au, add me to msn @ jlassey@hotmail.com, find me on facebook or do whatever.

Let me be clear. The date is FINAL. We arent stuffing you around this time. Tickets for this event are available at Valhalla this weekend, and all outlets shortly thereafter.
All smash events will be on 16th July. There will be a livestream here

Confirmed Attendees

SA | QLD/WA | VIC | NSW
Monkeybear|Syke|Redact|Scoot
Blackshadow|Jaice|Splice|Zxv
Apollo|Corpsecreate|Dekar|Tedeth
Nova|AD3PT|Earl|Gords
2SXC|Atticus|Attila|Meteor
Oli|Scrubs|Tibs
Techa|Calibur|Leisha

Venue

St Clair Recreation Centre
109 Woodville Road
Woodville SA 5011​

Directions
-From City:
Take the Outer Harbour OR Grang line from the Adelaide Railway Station in the CBD. Get off at Woodville Railway Station
gmail instructions

The venue is about a 200m walk up Woodville road from the station.

Schedule

The schedule is only approximate and may change on the day.

9:00am- Venue opens. Signups for both doubles and singles will be open from 9am until until the event begins (11am for doubles and 2pm for singles).

11:00am- Doubles for brawl and melee begins. Singles signups remains open until doubles finishes.

2:00pm- Singles Pools Start for brawl and melee.

5:00pm to 6:00pm- Singles brackets for brawl and melee starts.

8:00am (sunday)- Venue closes.

There will be food at the venue. There is a cafe/shop in the centre and subway will be delivering orders. The nearest ATM is about 5 blocks away so it is recommended that you bring plenty of cash for your nutritional needs.

Entry Fee

$30 Console fee at door (covers singles for brawl and melee other console competitions).

TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT ONLINE USING PAYPAL (select from left column). I recommend buying online if you can to avoid the lines.

There is an additional $5 per person entry for doubles in each brawl and melee ($10 per team). If 10 teams enter doubles, another $100 will be injected into the pot by Nova.

If you are interested in bringing a pc gaming rig you will need to buy a ticket in advance. Email wookie for details.

It is encouraged that you bring a wii + brawl/melee setup if you can!

Accommodation

Housing
Post in this thread if you want housing, someone might house you.
Grim: Splice, Scoot, Calibur
Nova: Attila Tibs, ZVX, Ted, Redact, Dekar, Leisha and the rest of Australia
Jamage and Ant are willing to house

Hotel Accommodation
Wookie has very generously offered a cheap deal for accommodation in the city. He will charge $20 per night if we have 6 confirmed people.
To take advantage of this deal we need at least 6 interested people!
So far Adept and Jaice (with 2 other peeps) have confirmed interest.
More details here

Prizes

"Nova" said:
PRIZES - BOTH MELEE & BRAWL SINGLES
1st: $700 Melee and $800 Brawl minimum + 3 picks from Nova's Useless Lottery (able to pick any number).
2nd: $200 Melee and $230 Brawl minimum + 2 picks from Nova's Useless Lottery (unable to pick 41 or any number above it).
3rd: $100 Melee and $120 Brawl minimum + 1 pick from Nova's Useless Lottery (unable to pick 41 or any number above it).
4th: 1 picks from Nova's Useless Lottery (unable to pick 31 or any number above it).
5th: 1 pick from Nova's Useless Lottery (unable to pick 21 or any number above it [2 people will have this position]).
7th: 1 pick from Nova's Useless Lottery (unable to pick 11 or any number above it [2 people will have this position]).

1st place: At least $800
2nd place: At least $230
3rd place: At least $120
Rest: No money, just NUL prizes (unless they pick a number with money)

Anything above 9th or above (above meaning ranked ABOVE the number 9): Razor blades will be provided on request (in other words, nothing).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ruleset​

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Final Destination|Brinstar
Lylat Cruise|Castle Siege
Smashville|Delfino Plaza
|Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|Frigate Orpheon

General Rules
  1. Items set to "off" and ratio set to "none".
  2. Stock and Time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  3. If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage.
  4. If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreakers is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
  5. All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 should be played out for Winners, Loser &, Grand "final" matches. i.e. the finals' matches).
  6. Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape is banned.
  7. A ledge grab limit of 30 applies to mk. This rule applies if there has been a time out.
  8. Stalling is banned. Stalling involves:
    • Any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling.
  9. Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
  10. Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
  11. Some interactions (for example, interrupting a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalise on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is considered stalling.
  12. Any stage is selectable at any time if BOTH players agree. This means if both players wish to skip the stage striking procedure and play on Final Destination or Hyrule Temple, they may. Don't expect many serious players to go along with this, however.
  13. Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR): No player can counter-pick a stage he or she has previously won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  14. Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on so long as both players and the tournament host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the MDSR.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play
  1. Team attack is on.
  2. Sharing stocks is allowed.
  3. Controller ports are determined in a 1221 fashion.
  4. If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. A player who has been eliminated has 0 stocks and 0%.
  5. Causing both characters of a team to become frozen (i.e. by interrupting a throw with a wind attack) is to be treated the same way as freezing the opponent in singles. Leaving only one of the opponents' characters frozen is legal since the teammate can work to undo the freeze.

Set Format
  1. Both players choose their characters (as well as their sub-character and costume) for the first game. A double-blind pick may be requested by either player.
  2. Players start the stage-striking procedure in order to select the first stage. The optimal procedure for striking stages is 1-2-2-1 assuming "1" is player 1 and "2" is player 2.
  3. Each player may ban a stage from the counterpick list for the match.
  4. The first game is played using the stage chosen by step 2.
  5. The loser of the previous game chooses a stage from the starter or counterpick list. No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless the other player agrees.
  6. The winner of the previous game chooses their character.
  7. The loser of the previous game chooses their character.
  8. Steps 5-7 are repeated as necessary.

Other Rules
  1. On a player's counterpick, that player may choose to redo the port selection process, with that player/team picking their port first.
  2. In team matches, it may be requested that certain characters be assigned a specific team colour in order to prevent any unnecessary confusion. For instance, Sonic, Lucario, or Falco may be requested to be assigned the blue team.
  3. In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed (unless both players agree otherwise).
  4. After a match has been called, if a player is 3 minutes late without informing a TO beforehand, he/she will receive a warning. At 6 minutes late he/she will forfeit the entire set.. If you require more time (timing clashes with another tournament, etc) let the Tournament Organisers know (for Brawl: Apollo, Nova or Jamage). Do not expect to always be allocated additional time, however.
  5. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Super Smash Bros. Melee Ruleset​

Starters | Counterpicks
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams*|Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land|Zebes: Brinstar
Special Stages: Final Destination|
Special Stages: Battlefield|Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Ride
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story|Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

*This stage is banned in Doubles and replaced as a starter by "Kanto: Pokemon Stadium".

General Rules
  1. Items are set to off.
  2. Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  3. Regular sets are best of 3 matches (Losers, Winners and Grand Finals sets are best of 5 matches).
  4. Blind Picks: The first characters selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  5. The Mages DQ Rule: After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 8 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. If you require more time (timing clashes with another tournament, etc) let the Tournament Organisers know. Do not expect to always be allocated additional time, however.
  6. Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR): No player can counter-pick a stage he or she has previously won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  7. Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on so long as both players and the tournament host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the MDSR.
  8. Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of stocks, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a stock and percentage tie, replay that match.
  9. The "Master Hand Glitch" is banned.
  10. Stalling is banned. Stalling involves:
    • Extending a 'infinite combo/lock/chain grab' above 300% damage.
    • Hitting an opponent with Jigglypuff's 'Sing' while they are already sleeping or in the middle of waking up is banned.
  11. Wobbling is banned
  12. The Ice Climbers' "Freeze Glitch" is banned.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play
  1. Share stock is allowed.
  2. Team Attack is set to on.
  3. If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. A player who has been eliminated has 0 stocks and 0%.

Set Format
  1. Blind picks character selection.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1221 order.
  3. The first match is played.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans one stage from being picked for the rest of the set (which can be changed in a Bo5 set.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a Starter or Counter-Pick Stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match picks a character.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match picks a character.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Other Rules
  1. Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
  2. All people are responsible for their own controller settings/name tag and must make sure they are set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
  3. Using Jigglypuff's "Sing" on an opponent while they are already sleeping more than 3 times in a row (this does not apply to doubles); using Jigglypuff's rising pound to make it impossible/next to impossible (soley defined by the TO at the event) for the other player to hit you; and, extending a "infinite combo/lock/chain grab" above 300% are all considered stalling and are banned.
  4. Unnecessary delays in a set are discouraged. This can occur before (not playing a match), during (taking an unnecessary amount of time to counter-pick) and after (not reporting the match's results) a set that has been called.
  5. In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
  6. Wireless controllers are discouraged because of interference, unreliability (battery life) and time hindrance.

These are the admins who will be organising and running the smash events. If you have any questions or disputes regarding the rules or any other matter, the people above are who you should contact. The admins will resolve the disputes reasonably and accordingly.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Should mention that general entry is $10.00

$30.00 is for the BYO PC and access to power
We foreshadowed an increase in the entry price for general entry - its mentioned in the Valhalla thread - because even though we keep increasing the prize money, the amount we charge at the door doesnt cover the prize money, for 6 years console prize money has literally been subsidised by the PC operation.

Since we want to maximise this events potential, which will almost 99% be the last Reloaded (at least run by me), we are going to boost the console competitor pricing to better reflect the prize money we give away. In return, I guarantee that the increased funds go to the console prize money and not to subsidise PC competitions. Console pricing is not yet finalised, but I would expect it to be $20 entry minimum.

One of the options Im looking at is a themed area this year, an extension above and beyond the console corner used last year, which will probably see a couch or two placed in the middle of the console area specifically to chill out on during the event.

Theres a few details to be ironed out, including rules and maps and whatnot, but the main thing has been getting the date and confirming that like last year, Smash will be entirely done on the Saturday, with the PS3 fighting competitions on the Friday night (Tekken, Streetrighter, Marvel v Capcom), Racing competition (specifically GT5 i think) on Saturday night, along with a "world cup" of FIFA, also on Saturday night.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
IN addition I will give away a free Reloaded console ticket to the winner of each Streetgeek Smash Brawl tournament in the next 3 months, as well as the April Valhalla winner.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Fact: My first tournament I ever played against you AND the first tournament I ever used Meta Knight, you only just beat me and, if I remember correctly, I SD'd twice.

Fact: The only other time we have had a set was Snake vs. Jigglypuff, one of the worst match-ups in the game. You, again, only just beat me, and I had not slept at all that night which I'm sure anyone who played me will agree affected my performance greatly.

Ant1

Smash Ace
hype next sg tourny, ant v grim.

remember grim i 2-0'd luke atyeo, apparently one of the best snakes in aus at the time and after not playing for 6 months lol

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
Ant there is nothing stopping me from picking Olimar when I verse you. Also, I did beat you with Falco on your counter pick. So you can't say I don't have the skills to beat you with a Char that's not Oli.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Cant wait for this. Hopefully a bunch of interstaters come down here for this as its SA's biggest one for the year.

Splice

Smash Hero
I am interested in attending, but the chances of me actually coming are very slim.
This is because in order to be able to go I would need the following to be assured;

#1 . Parental Permission - Well thats pretty self explanatory :E and the most important factor @_@ and most unlikey ;___;
#2 . To not lose much more than $20 on the whole journey - This would imply sponsoring/paying for my flights of some sort. I'm not assuming I will win, but if I did I would pay everyone back what they paid (as much as i could without losing money myself from doing so. But flights appear much cheaper than the payout so it should be ok ;) ... but if i dont win... ? idk :S )
#3 . A good doubles partner - (Apollo?)
#4 . Housing for the whole time im up there (about 3 nights) - I think Mason has me covered for this though.

And I'd like to see Daniel (Browny) again too :3
he better not still be in sydney :c

Splice

Smash Hero
Dan is going to Genesis lol?

The guy isnt even in practice bloody hell
Get him to Melbourne for some training ASAP

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Dan's not out of practice, he's been going to meets in Sydney; no tournaments of course, since he's got a phobia with Aussie tourneys.

Splice, I (Nova) will consider sponsering you to come here through Tiger/Jetstar as I can get an extremely cheap deal through them with Adl/Melb flights.
I cannot say if I can house you or not (I assume Mason will want to anyway) as I may be hosting other people.

Also, if Grim really cared about winning he wouldn't use Jigglypuff against what is (from my non-existant Jigs info) probably her worst m/u.
Even though he's good with her, he's obviously better with MK.

Oh yeah, and anyone that sees this should quote me - it irritates some power starved pencil-neck from Perth. :D
I think Mr. Game & Watch is a worse match-up, but yeah, they are both terrible.

Splice

Smash Hero
Thanks for quoting Novas post Grim.
Otherwise I would be lost.

If you could get my flights that'd be awesome Shaun <3
I've never actually been on a plane before so I don't know how to book flights
or anything at all
It's gonna be an experience!

I'm pretty much 100% sure Mason can house me so that should be all good.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice

This will make for Saturday the 16th of July to be declared "Smash Saturday". Singles, Doubles and Melee will be held concurrently, and the timetable for these events will be determined by the Valhalla Smash team, and likely Jamage (as he has been Captain Smash at Reloaded, even though I havent asked yet).

Tentatively, I am setting a total Smash prize pool (1v1, 2v2, Melee) at $800.00, with the split being determined again, by the Reloaded Smash team, and no doubt pursuant to feedback here on the forum. This will be finalised in coming weeks.

Entry cost will be $30.00 for this event, although tickets will be available at some live lan events at 2 for $50.00. (Tekken, Streetfighter and other tournaments will be Friday Night, Halo and others will be on the Saturday night). The reason for this is that there is near parity in the prize money between PC and Console this event, which is traditionally subsidized by the BYO PC guys. Essentially the increased ticket money will go straight back as prize money, as befits the states largest event.

Ill be watching feedback for the next month, with all revealed at the April event. If you want to contact me direct, email me @ the_wookie@adam.com.au, add me to msn @ jlassey@hotmail.com, find me on facebook or do whatever.

Let me be clear. The date is FINAL. We arent stuffing you around this time. Tickets for this event are available at Valhalla this weekend, and all outlets shortly thereafter.
Apollo's post that got absorbed said:

zApollo's post which was absorbed to give him ownership of the thread said:
Originally Posted by Diacetylmorphine
Dan's not out of practice, he's been going to meets in Sydney; no tournaments of course, since he's got a phobia with Aussie tourneys.

Splice, I (Nova) will consider sponsering you to come here through Tiger/Jetstar as I can get an extremely cheap deal through them with Adl/Melb flights.
I cannot say if I can house you or not (I assume Mason will want to anyway) as I may be hosting other people.

Also, if Grim really cared about winning he wouldn't use Jigglypuff against what is (from my non-existant Jigs info) probably her worst m/u.
Even though he's good with her, he's obviously better with MK.

Oh yeah, and anyone that sees this should quote me - it irritates some power starved pencil-neck from Perth. :D
This will be a great event, I'll update the OP with rules, stagelists etc after seeing how it goes this VAL.

Otherwise I could make another pointless thread like the ACL stagelist discussion to give more reasons for people to bicker in general.

EDIT: Splice, you definitely should come.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Don't bother with a ruleset thread if you dont want to hear non stop *****ing about different opinions and discussions that lead nowhere lulz.

Oh I remember my first flight, I was like 8 I think. I really hate planes tbh, im scared they'll randomly drop from the sky xD

earla

Smash Lord
i'm interested if sponsored.

last result. acl: 4th brawl, 7th melee.
singles.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol guys asking for sponsorship.

im going to this as always, probs take bryan to <3

Ant1

Smash Ace
earl isn't allowed to have a sponsor coz he won last time and would prolly win again.
and i don't see why some ppl who have travelled to other states for tournies would need sponsors to come here. I mean the prize pool is big enough as it is.

Remastered

Smash Lord
<3 Apollo muchly

I might come down to an early tourney to try and nab one of those free tickets lolol

Jaice and I are about 70%-80% confirmed, tentative only because of uni and work sadness :(

Top Bottom