• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Adding to the fact that Mic's totally handicapped, garbage at both games (so I'm told) and paranoid about me posting, I don't mind using an automated script to make an account in like 2 seconds.

We should have crews at this, but not SA v All Stars because it'd be a complete joke.
crews are only fun if you've got something to represent, i reckon.

either race crews or item stamina teams :D

Ant1

Smash Ace
so what ur saying random stranger is that we should have a stomp off. Whoever gets the most ganon spikes in the water on pirate ship has their state deemed best at low tiers.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Quality major happening in SA guys, pack yo bags and hide yo controllers, ****'s gettin' real this july.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
need to know

- schedule
- will there be melee doubles
- how will the pot be split between the three/four events
- how much will entry cost
- who is running the tournament(s)
- what rulesets will be used

all this gotta be answered well in advance so people can book flights
otherwise no interstate attendance, enjoy your usual vomit tournament

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
need to know

- schedule
TBA, I'm pretty sure.

Yes.

70:20:10 or 60:30:10.

80:20 for Doubles.

Erm... $20 at the moment.

I'm running Melee, I think Apollo is running Brawl. Nova will be the general Smash organizer.

Same rule-sets as Valhalla, read the OP of this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289876

all this gotta be answered well in advance so people can book flights
otherwise no interstate attendance, enjoy your usual vomit tournament
Will do. :)

zApollo

Smash Ace
need to know

- schedule
Pretty much what grim said, I'll update the OP after VAL this weekend.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if 2sxc dave, blackshadow(BEST IN AUS) and monkeybear come then that's some pretty decent melee competition

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
It was said somewhere that the $30 is for the PC guys
At the moment they are $30.00, but Im going to have a chat to the smash guys at Valhalla on the weekend, and ill confirm ticket pricing for this on Sunday. One thing is for sure, that any increase above last years $10 entry cost will go directly to increasing the pot for this event.

As for schedule, draft schedules should start appearing this week from my end - last time I believe it Smash tournaments started around 11am and finished around 6pm on the saturday.

H

Hold Down During Peach's D-smash

That is true, Jamage insists on running 4 player FFA's, but they don't have a prize so it doesn't matter.
I never enter them unless I wanna help someone else win.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Jamage insists, because I insist on the 4 way FFA to enable involvement by casual gamers.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I'll be heading down for the weekend. I read somewhere a schedule will be put up sometime this week? Are they condensing all smash events into the saturday?

I'm not just coming down for the smash. I'd like to check Adelaide out as well. How's the nightlife down there? Anyone wanna take me out, show me around? I wanna do stuff/go places the friday and sunday. According to you guys, are there any places in particular that an out of stater or tourist must see?

SethT

Smash Ace
. Also aces has never won a set vs me, he plays mk also
To be fair, I've never vs'd you in a singles. We played in the same FFA game... but thats when I was playing Olimar as an alt. LOOOONG time ago.

Top Bottom