• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Splice

Smash Hero
woo this tourney will have all the all-stars by the sounds of it...

I should get Afropony to come
And when we play you in doubles Attila/Tibs, I will not walk over C4s at their 20-second threshold (so we'll win obviously)

So yeah we'll beat you next time, "Melbourne's Golden Silver Pair" ;)

aka you have to beat us in a grand final a few more times before i give up lol

But seriously I will try to get Aled to come as well

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
its 27.5 seconds.

just btw.

question whether afro will stop running into the ones i detonate, though :D

Splice

Smash Hero
its 27.5 seconds.
So that's why!
a little bit of research and we would have won see! :p obviously...

But man, I died to the C4 timing out 3 times over the last two sets -___-
It's worse then getting grab released offstage trust me :p

I like to attempt to make you detonate the C4s by walking on them so I can get a free attack on your laggy animation.
But then they just blow up without you doing the detonation and I die and it's just ghheeeyyy

Oh well, I might win Melee at Reloaded instead :bee:
Aled probably wont come anyway :(

earla

Smash Lord
everytime i go out of state i have to win my money back because i only have enough money for food to get by.

it's alot of pressure.

if i won more $ then the plane tickets, i'd pay anyone willing to sponsor me back.

it'd be nice to relax at an out of state tourney instead of everytime needing to win or im broke.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Shaun must be feeling extremely generous at the moment.

He will offer sponsorship (aka paying flights) for the following:

Splice
Tibs
Earl
Attila

And is happy to house Bryan, Tibs and Attila. He will somehow contact you about the sponsorships if you're interested. SA so nice.

While we're on that note I can house 2-3 people, walking distance from the CBD and not too far from the venue.

Attila_

BRoomer
Out of interest, who is shaun? Lolol I feel rude. Don't think I'd accept being sponsored by a single person, espc if he's paying for four people.

@splice: I very deliberately get people to walk on c4s when I know they'll blow up. It's a super legit strat lol
:phone:

Attila_

BRoomer
out of interest, earl, do you work?

just made me think...

also, who's josh? you adelaidians and your codenames...

Splice

Smash Hero
@splice: I very deliberately get people to walk on c4s when I know they'll blow up. It's a super legit strat lol
There is no way you can concentrate on that as well as all your grenade crap, other 3 players, spacing, and everything else... I refuse to believe you can be counting to 27 that well

I always try to remember the number when you put down C4

So like I see 6:44 for example
and (coz i assumed it was 20 until now) if i see another 4 at the end i get worried
so i see 6:24 and i'm like "oh it didnt blow up coz its only been 10 seconds" (since i only remember the last number im not sure when we're at 10 or 20 :s)

So then id be trying to do something before 6:14
But no it blows up in 27 seconds

This ruins everything i've been wasting my time lol
:mad: So much to focus on Vs Snake damnit Attila
Im just gonna plank you now
dont even care about the stock lead. Fingers crossed you blow yourself up. :mad::mad:

Anyway
Props to Nova for sponsoring :bee:
I hope i can enter all the RTS events at Reloaded too somehow.
Aiming for top 3 in all smash events
idk if ill have a doubles partner for anything though

Attila_

BRoomer
ive done it so many times, i can predict within 3-5 seconds when its gonna blow up without counting or looking at the timer (we play without a timer at home).

even with all my grenade crap, other 3 players, spacing and everything else.

earla

Smash Lord
i study full time.

thanks shaun. pm me around the event time.

Attila_

BRoomer
what do you study?

i just realised that i actually know nothing about you, which made me a little sad.

@grim: while that match would be amazing, it would be EVEN BETTER if all of those players' names were spelt correctly :trollface:

SethT

Smash Ace
I hope i can enter all the RTS events at Reloaded too somehow.
I can bring extra (good) PC's if you need, so long as you can subsidize the extra money for the PC ticket.

Keeeeen, props to Nova for being so fking good at Blackjack. Super Pro.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I look forward to Jaice playing his Olimar at this tournament. He played Peach throughout the last major and I have been raging at him ever since. Attila Any char v Jaice Olimar will be a match worth watching.

Jaice & I will take that housing Apollo (as it looks like Nova has his hands full with oos'ers now), and we will give you cash for the weekend to say thankyou for the hosting of course :).

Edit: Also I may be able to sponsor someone, but I want to give out a free trip to someone nice and not necessarily the best player in the country. Share that love.

Attila_

BRoomer
in japan at least, snake peach is even lol.

i was more so talking about how i played the mu so terribly, even edgeguarding peach offstage, but still came out on top. crap set.

in a melbourne tourney, he probs wouldn't make it far enough to play me again though :D

zApollo

Smash Ace
Is nova's ban ever actually gonna be lifted?
Not at this point, it's a bit unrealistic I agree.

Jaice & I will take that housing Apollo (as it looks like Nova has his hands full with oos'ers now)
No probs at all, we could walk back to the house drunk from the CBD if we decide to go out one night.

I wonder how snake plays on Rainbow Ride?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
posting under numerous impersonator/alternate accounts warrants a permanent ban, which he has. if he stops that, then his situation may be reversed under my discretion.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I wonder how snake plays on Rainbow Ride?
Much worse in Japan I've heard, something to do with the northern hemisphere and the way the boat moves or something :dizzy:.

Thanks for the housing, and I will take you up on that drinking/good times fest too. If I sponser someone awesome, we might be able to have that 3rd spot filled unless you want to keep it open for someone which I completely understand :).

Attila_

BRoomer
I actually quite like that stage, and would like to try it tourney.

Japan has a strict three stage list, so they wouldn't know...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i have the ability to reverse perma-bans, but admins do have authority over me i suppose, but that's what i'd do if you actually followed forum rules. it's ultimately not up to me to decide.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah no, you cant go over mics head cao, which is dissapointing, because your so much more involved in our community then he is.

remember grim i 2-0'd luke atyeo, apparently one of the best snakes in aus at the time and after not playing for 6 months lol
I knew I'd never live this down...
****ing horse**** game.
well I double 2 stock 2-0'd you in ganon dittoes, earning me the title of 3rd best ganon in the world (lol how did that title even happen anyways?)
so I think I came out on top there ;)

also splice I dont think attila has to count, if you've been playing snake and gotten good like us, you get a natural feel for when nades and c4 is about to go off.

Ant1

Smash Ace
the title of 3rd best ganon in the world happened because i explained to the ganon boards that i had won a tourny going all ganon. At that time no one in the US had accomplished such a feat. So technically i was one of the best, (i used the reasoning that if someone were to ask 'who is the best ganon' that they would look at tourny results and see me. There had to be a number 1. But of course i wasn't skill wise.
The ganon boards didn't exactly know the skill level of australians compared to americans so yeah.

Top Bottom