• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Midwest Massacre" Tournament

S

SUPERSAYIN

OK heres the deal, Im hosting a tournament and its going to be spectacular

Location- 7035 Round Hill dr. off of Hospital rd. in Waterford MI. Att eh clubhouse (its one of the first buildings near the entrance, its right in front of the pool, now theres 2 entrances so if you go in the other one just circle around or whatever im sure youll be able to figure it out)

Time- November 29th, Try to get to the clubhouse at high noon and we will try and get things rolling at 1.

Radicalness- a way tremendous amount

Events- a totally radical singles tourny accompanied by an equally as rad team tourny

Entrance fee- 7 boneetos ($) for singles
$12 a team ($6 a person)

Rules- 1vs1: 4 stock matches, best 2/3,
Items on (excluding hearts, tomatoes and
bob-bombs)
2vs2: 4 stock matches, best 2/3
, Items on (excluding hearts, tomatoes and
bob-bombs) team attack on
Playable levels: every level besides Poke floats, the F Zero
one on the cars, Hyrule, both Metroid levels
, the onett level with the cars, icicle
mountain and rainbow cruise.
First level is chosen randomly after that loser chooses new
level or new character.

Cool *** dudes/chicks participating- currently

- Positives -
Adam- Ganondorf
Felix- Roy/Marth
Josh- Falco
The Sloth- Samus
Jon- Marth
Dave V- Samus
Mark V.- Sheik
Jv3x3- Marth ?
Qinopio- Captain Falcon/Ness/Falco
Andrew- Fox
Dave- Doctor Mario
Y.Linkpwnsurmom- Young Link
Ultimate Darius- Ganondorf/Fox/Pikachu/Docotor Mario
NIck-Captain Falcom/zelda/sheik
Matt- captian Falcon
Star Wars 13- Gannondorf/Marth/Doc
Seven11- ?
TheGuru- Doc/Marth/Sheik/Falco
Keaton- Captain Falcon
Daveis- Fox/Falco
Mike- Marth/Falco
Adam- Sheik/Gannondorf
Adam D.- Captain Falcon
Airpirate- Marth/Ness
Hoodlum- Peach
Zac- Link/Game&Watch
Brad- Yoshi
Norm- Sheik/Samus
Dave R.- Zelda\Bowser
Dave C. Luigi
Joshu- Luigi
Iggy- Peach
Liptonbuddy- Mario/Peach/Sheik
Smasher1001- Mario
Melo Man-?
Hayz-?
Dark-?
DJ- ?
A. Hills Finest- Peach
Needle of Juntah- Sheik

- Not so positives -

V- Pikachu ?
X1372- ?
Little Qinopio- Sheik
Mark- Doctor Mario
Wadz- Samus
Oliver- Fox
Brandon- Doctor Mario
Curt- Marth
Sean- Fox
Tom- Falco
Bill- Samus
Fusegen- ?
Montross726- Gannondorf/Fox/Peach

(if you feel your name is on this lsit by mistake I apologize let me know and I will place it in its rightful spot, otherwise its proabbly because i didnt get a for sure thing kinda feel from you, which means you probably didnt tell me you were coming for sure or I thought you were lieing to me)

if you plan on attending post your name and who you play so I can fill the rest of the list out, and also any complications with the date cause it is still subject to change if need be.

If you have any questions just PM me or IM me either way is cool.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Yo, ill be there. You guys still need to get a time and rules down though. Heres my suggestion

Rules for 2vs2 (starts at 2:00pm):
Entree Fee: $10 per team (all of this goes into the prize money)
Prize: 1st place team gets 80%, 2nd place team gets 20%, and 3rd place team gets their money back
Stock: 4
Team Attack: ON
Items: None
Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Kirby 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi Story, Rainbow Cruise, Poke Floats
*Unless agreed upon, the stage for each match will be chosen randomly.
*A stage cannot be played twice in the same round. For example, if Kirby 64 is chosen for the first match, and is again randomly chosen for the second or third match, then the players must restart the match with a different random level.
*Between matches, the loser may pick a different character or pick the level.
*If one player on a team loses all of his stock, he is allowed to take a stock from his teammate. He doesn't have to, but the option is there.

Rules for 1vs1 (starts after teams, probably about 4:00 pm, but maybe earlier):
Entree Fee: $5 (all of this goes into the prize money)
Prize: 1st place gets 80%, 2nd place gets 20%, and 3rd place gets their money back
Stock: 4
Items: None
Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Kirby 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi Story, Rainbow Cruise, Poke Floats
*Unless agreed upon, the stage for the first match will be chosen randomly.
*A stage cannot be played twice in the same round. For example, if Kirby 64 is chosen for the first match, and is again randomly chosen for the second or third match, then the players must restart the match with a different random level.
*Between matches, the loser may pick a different character or pick the level.

Edit: I vote TA on, i hate off. But we'll see what everyone else thinks. And Y Link yeah you pick your partner.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
well I'll try my radical tush off to be there. Do you pick your team mates for the team tourny or is that chosen at random?

oh, and I play as Young Link

S

SUPERSAYIN

well i guess jv3x3 wanted to get technical about the rules and stuff, im not into that though i say we just play a huge game of strip smash brothers. . . SIKE ! That would be sweet if chicks were there though, super hot chicks.

If those rules sound cool with everyone then there cool with me, except for that whole team attack on thing, not to be a huge wuss or anything but I like it off so I say we put it to a vote, just let me know cause when it comes down to it im cool with anything.

Ill get the address and stuff down for you guys later.

H

HooDlum

Pretty **** spectactular, I will also try my best to show up with some buds, anywhere from 3-6.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Check this out, Im thinking about making some T-Shirts for the tournament, wouldnt that be pretty sweet, I wasnt going to say anything until i knew if i was going to do it for sure but I couldnt resist any longer.

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Umm...can you give an address for your buddies apartment? So that I can see how long of a drive it will be from Ohio up there. Thank you.

Anyway, what about these stages? Those seven are not the only ones we can play, right? Sicne they hopefully are not, what stages are banned for when we chooes? Brinstar depths, Hyrule Temple, and Yoshi Island 64, correct? And I think that if there is a random level first, each person should be able to choose one that they do not want to play, and if that level is randomly chosen, then you repick.

S

SUPERSAYIN

I dont know his exact apartment address, but its off of hospital road in Waterford, MI area code 48328. . . I think, that should be good though.

And I dont really care how you guys want to do the levels, we dont have to be so technical about it if you dont want to, we can keep it nice and cool baby, real nice and cool OR it can be tehcnical as **** either way is cool.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
you cant play all levels with no items... its just reduced stages

S

SUPERSAYIN

well Smasher1001 hopefully you do go cause this tournament is going to be bad to the bone, im getting psyched already. I really want to get some out of state comp to come as well, amybe we can make this the first big Michigan tournament, perhaps an annual or semi annual event.

Does anyone know that SBP dude, I remember he trekked here all by himself last year, he was a totally sweet dude, i would be pumped if he showed up again, perhaps with a few chicagoians (?).

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know SBP. I played him a few times last Saturday, I have not talked to anyone from Chicago about this, though.

*Waits for Snex to get online*

So, this T-shirt idea seems odd, but would kick ***. I am pretty posative I could attend this, and could possibly pull some poeple with me. Keefer, a guy from Columbus, and another one-three from Cleveland. I have to work out the details with them, though. I will keep you posted, though.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Now thats what I like to see, if we keep that up we might have our selves quite a nice little tournament, and by little I meant huge.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Someone should look at the profiles of people from other michigan topics of which there were a lot, and drop those people aims or emails about this cause they may of gave up on the mi tournaments scene.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be there, too.

Post a proper address and a time to be there, and I'll be coming with a carload of people from around Bay City, MI.

But why ban Hyrule Temple? I don't get it... That's like, our favorite stage; it's huge, and doesn't have any environmental hazards or anything. Oh, well, it's your tournament, I'm just asking why.

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it is huge, so Captain Faclcon, Sheik, and Fox can take the lead, and then just run out the clock for a cheap win. Where my Ganondorf and Jigglypuff will be useless to catch them. They all move at the speed at light, and my characters move so slow. Wait, there is a time limit for matches, right?

Plus, that gay little catacomb area under the stage is so cheap. Take a lead, and just go down there. If you CC correctly, it is almost impossible to KO you.

FierceMelee019

Smash Cadet
this is mondo...ill definately be showin up for this.

I can get my crew to come too, anywhere from 5-10 people.

Name's Aaron, dont put me down for a certain character yet though...im still not sure who. (leanin towards doc)

anyway, ill keep comin back, keep givin updates.

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Is everyone in Michigan naturally a Doctor/Mario player, or are you all conspiring against Ohio!

If all these Mario's keep popping up, Peach just might have to come out for this one...

S

SUPERSAYIN

Wow, thats 15 people who say they can come for sure and 12 who are maybes, plus an estimated 10 in buddies people are going to bring, this is turning out to be kinda big I might have to scrounge up a bigger venue, maybe see if a game store can sponsor one somewhere or something, ill work on it.

And as for the timed matches thing, I say no time, or like 10 minutes or something.

Ill get the address on in a little bit, but if you need something to get an estimated time or directions or something its on Hospital rd (crossroad- cooley lk rd), in Waterford Mi, 48328

Seven11

Smash Cadet
OK

I never really thought of being at a disadvantage in Hyrule, but, now that you mention it, my main two characters are Fox and C.Falcon, so I've just never been at that speed disadvantage before, so I guess that's fair. And as for asking for a time, I was wondering when the tournament was scheduled to start. Like 5:00 PM or what-not.

AirPirate

Smash Rookie
Hiya, I'll be going to this tournie with Seven11. My characters are Marth and Ness, so be prepared.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Be prepared huh, that sounded like trash talk to me, which is the **** cause trash talk is sweet, if anyone else feels the need to trash talk feel free,I think ill hold off for a little longer myself though.

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Start at five o'clock!? Are you serious!? Tournaments with about twenty five people, singles and doubles, double elimination, usually take about ten hours to complete. This should start more around noon.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Oh, crap...

Originally posted by Star Wars 13
This should start more around noon.
Ack, I gotta wake up early? That's alright, though, I guess. I just said 5 because, well, I've never been to a Smash tournament and I don't really know how long they take. I go to a lot of Soul Calibur 2 tournaments, and they don't take nearly 10 hours, so I guess I was going off that. Someone should really post an official starting time, cuz I have to drive down from Pinconning (just north of Bay City) to get there, and it'll be pretty easy to be late. :bee:

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well Sould Caliber is a horrible game, and no one would want to play it for ten hours. So anyway, I am coming up from Cincinnati, Ohio. That is the southern border of Ohio, I could have at least a five hour drive. Speaking of which, this is Saturday, correct? If so, could I stay the night with someone?

H

HooDlum

Seven11, my friend mentioned that he knew some smash players from Pinconning, perhaps you know him. I'm from Bay City myself. PM me sometime because I go north that way all the time and we could definatly smash it up.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
The time it runs will depend on # of setups and number of people. I would say 8 hours absolute max though. Most likely much less with a lot of people smashing for fun.

You should start friendlys around 11:30 and the tournament around 1.

H

HooDlum

Oh, and by the way, our characters:

HooDlum (Ty) - Peach
Zac - Link/GameAndWatch
Brad - Yoshi
Norm - Sheik/Samus

I'll add more when I know they're coming.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
I can be there if I get a ride from someone. I live in Waren, by the way. Can you only be one character? If so, I'll be Mario. If you can have more than one character, I'm also Peach and Sheik.

Fusegen

Smash Cadet
I'll see if I can make it.

haven't played many michigan smashers if at all and playing someone new is always cool.

S

SUPERSAYIN

OK, There might be too many people going to all cram into an apartment so if I cant rent out a place or somehting of that naturemy buddies got a huge house in detroit we can use, it only like 30 minutes from waterford, if thats the case sorry to everyone coming from up north.

And if it hasnt been made clear yet the tournament will start at 1:00 and friendlies at 11:30 or so.

KishSquared

Smash Master
This tourney's gettin' big... too bad it's right after Flame of Bowser. The Ship of Fools will give it some consideration...

S

SUPERSAYIN

Well you would be fools not to, but I guess thats your thing apparently. Hopefully by the time the tourny rolls around it will get so big that you cant refuse, thats the plan at least

Maybe we can start calling it the "MIDWEST MASSACRE", yeah, yeah I like it, but for now it will remain Michigans thang.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
cool

Hope u indiana people make it, id like to play u guys.

Top Bottom