• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Midwest Massacre" Tournament

CahPhoenix

Smash Journeyman
Alright, bad news for me as I totally forgot that the first couple days after Thanksgiving are must work days for me. I was really pumped too! Oh well, I still have a chance to go to the Indy tourney the week before. Hope everything goes well and good luck.

JV, hopefully we will be able to play some good matches sometime as I definitely need to play you(no good marths anywhere around) :( If theres ever a tourney in NC or close by be sure pm me or something.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
What the heck! This whole tournament is a mess! No one can agree, there's mini fueds going on, and I still don't know where the **** it's at!! I've been thinking about having a tournament at my house (since this idea was actually stolen from me) sometime in mid-late December.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Liptonbuddy my dude, Im going to have to ask you to chill out, everything is going to be fine, and this Idea wasnt stolen from you thats like someone looking at a sunset and going "my my thats a lovely sunset" and the dude next to him getting all pissy and goin "HEY, you stole that idea from me". . . you know what im saying, anyways, nbo one else is freaking out so you shouldnt either, the tournament is going to turn out to be bad to the bone.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Ok then...

Supersayan, no matter what everybody else is saying, this still is your tournament, so you think up the rules the way that you think they should be done. Not to say that you should ignore comments from other people, but leaving everything up to everyone else's votes is gonna (and already kind of has) cause chaos. Just be as fair as possible when you think about it. Everybody plays different, as we all have noticed, but that's part of playing other people: different battles. Just try to think of all the stuff that could be more of a standard advantage over real skill and get rid of it. But, like I said, this is your tournament, so you plan it the way you want. It's not like people are gonna start cancelling their plans to come just because their favorite items aren't on or team attack is off, just do what you want.

Oh, and I'm 21 years old, for those who wanted to know.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
I agree with Seven11. This is your tournament, you should make the rules. Also, it would be nice to know exactly where it was, so I can start the process of conning my friend into driving me there. By the way, the sunset is mine. hehehe, no worries, though. Hopefully I'm having my own tourney in mid-december, with my own rules that I came up with myself. If people don't like them, they won't come.

S

SUPERSAYIN

I agree totally which is why the rukes are remaining what they are because im happy with them, and your going to have to chill on the location its going to be in the waterford area, I promise ones coming though.

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
Does it really matter how old anyone is? Grab some balls and get ready to kick *** no matter who you play against. Me, being sixteen, and my fifteen year old partner beat people at the Asmogian tournament that were six and seven years older than us. Age is meaningless, it is your skill that counts.

S

SUPERSAYIN

I was kinda hoping we could stay away from the "ball grabbing" on this one, but hey, I dont discriminate.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
I don't think the age thing really matters, either, it's just that people probably wanted to know, that's all.

S

SUPERSAYIN

OK, i figured since as of now we have 4 states representing at this tournament Im going to make a bold move and call it the "Midwest Massacre", in hopes that it will attract some more states.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
im the one who wanted to know about age,i dont really care i was just wonderin what general age groups you are,i hope that these peops coming to the tourny are good,cause as far as I know,im pretty ****ing good

edit:i just fixed a few spellin errors

S

SUPERSAYIN

OK weve finally nailed a location, and it is the most prime of all locations. The tournament will be held at the student center of Oakland University (Auburn Hills, on the corner of Squirrel and Walton, about 20 minutes fomr the original location). The student center is a totally sweet lounge pad with pool tables, arcade games and ample lounge capabilities, this is all due to our good buddy Phatassesrock, we owe him a huge thanks. The only thing is wwe might have to rent it out, but that wont be a big deal, ill get back to you on that and maybe some maps for campus.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
This is a sweet location everyone..... location wise one of the best if not best in the midwest so far.

But anyway, theres still that we might have to rent it thing. If so, how much? And when will you know?

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
heh, i didnt say i wouldnt bet any money,i meant how much id bet ect would depend on how much i have on me at the time,and keep in mind,i said i was awsome against all i have played b4 except for 2 peops i know which can match my skill

KishSquared

Smash Master
Originally posted by jv3x3
This is a sweet location everyone..... location wise one of the best if not best in the midwest so far.
Ha, ain't nothing compares to Midwest Challenge! Man, I wish I could make this tourney... Ah well, best of luck to all! Jv3v3, we gotta play sometime, especially if you win this little shindig!

S

SUPERSAYIN

I hope to know all the details by monday, but I cant imagine it being more than like $100 bucks which is like an extra 2 bucks a person or so, but then again I dont know, and yet then again, odds are I dont think we will have to pay anything.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Nice! Finally we know where it's at! That is a nice little location for a tourney. Oh yeah, I might be able to bring 1 or 2 friends along.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Ok.

Alrighty, now the only thing I need is an address, if at all possible. I'm not too familiar with the Auburn Hills area. I even get lost going to the palace sometimes... :mad: So, anyways, yeah, a real address would be really helpful. Thanks.

Oh, and SuperSayin, for your first post here, my characters are Fox and C.Falcon. In that order. :D

FierceMelee019

Smash Cadet
Character Tallies...

just thought id show everybody the tally list for each character...

Ganondorf- IIIII

Marth- IIIIIIII

Sheik/Zelda- IIIIIIIII

Mario- II

Doc- IIIIII

Falco- IIIII

Fox- IIIIII

Peach- IIIII

Samus- IIII

Falcon- IIIII

Ness- II

Y.Link- I

Pika- I

Link- I

G&W- I

Yoshi- I

Bowser- I

Luigi- II

Note: I included every character mentioned, as in, if a person put down more than one character, i put a tally for each one.

kinda surprised at the number of ganon's and falcon's. not to say that it's bad at all...but until not too long ago, i never heard of many people playing as falcon at all.

im sure itll be interesting to see how the bowser, and yoshi will play. Personally, ive been known to play a mean bowser/yoshi now and again, but id like to see how others play.

On any note, me and my crew simply cant wait for this to happen, its gonna be 73|-| 5\/\/337!!!11!!shifty+one!!1!!

Star Wars 13

Smash Apprentice
So many space animals...

I am offering a bet to any space animal user. $10, your space animal versus my Peach. Best two out of three, and Final Destination, Fourside, and if it goes to game three, you decide the last level. No items.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Oh my god im so pumped for this freakin tournament, ive been having some bad *** practice sessions and Ive been kicking some serious ***, who were the kids that plan Ganondorf, I am seriously PUMPED to play you guys.

about the exact address. . . I dont know it ill get it up soon for you but you should just be able to enter the cross roads, city and state into mapquest and be fine.

superpichu

Smash Journeyman
I think there is a good chance that I can join in on this huge tournament. And I might bring along some others, but I'm not sure yet. I will be taking full advantage of the SHINE.

Star Wars, what's the stock level and the stock time for your challenge?

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's now officially official, Joshu and Ignatius are comin to this tournament, so be prepared to Hail to the Chimp like you've never hailed before!!!

Also, I'd like to fight anyone who thinks they're good with Bowser in a Bowser vs Bowser match.
BOWSER IS TOP TIER!!!

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Supersayin, by student center, do you mean the Recreation and Althletics Center? I ask this because I went to the official Oakland University web site and saw no Student Center. Here's a map of the campus for anyone who needs it...

Campus Map

S

SUPERSAYIN

Liptonbuddy i think its called bumpers game room, I know it sounds like a gay name but it si cool I promise.

Sweet im glad to see some more Ohio guys might come, all is more than welcome to experience some Michigan hospitality. . . oh did I say hospitality I meant brutality, my mistake.

I was so psyched to see that there was a peach versus space animal challenge and a Bowser challenge that it imspired me to officially extend a F'n Gannon challenge, anyone who thinks they have a worthy Gannon is going toe to toe with me, and that **** aint gonna be pretty.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
heh,if only it was the 28th... you can put me down as a for
sure,only way i cant come now is if someone in my family dies or
gets a broken arm or something,that happened when i was
gonna go to 1 b4,o yeah,my cousin may come too,and maybe one or 2 other peops

FierceMelee019

Smash Cadet
Adding onto the Challenges...

Seeing as how we're all in the mood, i might as well propose my "Doctrine Challenge"

your doc vs my doc.

what'dya say?

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Here's another challenge just for the heck of it.

Me - Game and Watch
2 other people - Marth and Sheik

3 stock match
Final Destination
no handicaps
no items

If you can beat me, the 2 will owe me 5 bucks a peice. Plain and simple, and straight to the point. Anyone up for this challenge?

S

SUPERSAYIN

Joshu your going to get destroyed in that Ganon challenge, it would be ludacris of you to step into such a battle.

. . . I have bad news guys, remember that location we were all so psyched about, well it turns out they decided they want to close for thanksgiving weekend, which means were out of luck for the sweetest of lounge pads, i feel like such crap for talking it up and getting everyones hopes up, but dont worry cause we already have some cool other spots lined up, we may not get the game room but the new location will still be sweet.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
V, at some point I'd like to get some practice matches with you in, if there's time before fine, if you don't want to do them until afterwards that's fine as well.

But, I do need to learn to fight against a Fox that isn't Squared's.

Keefer_Blunt

Smash Apprentice
I could possibly attend this tourny, but I am not a definite yet.

Team attack should be on or else there can be some very unbalanced teams due to projectile spamming.

x1372

Smash Ace
hey, if V's there I'm there. Unless he decides the time it takes to pick me up and drop me off is too much additional driving vs. the splitting of gas and toll money.

maybe I'll STORM this tourney, make some WAVES, and CAPSIZE the ship of fools.

...well, here's hoping.

it is yet too early to unveil my secondary, but I can still try to make things difficult for people. Squared, you're NOT pulling an easy win this time, though Murphy's Law clearly states that you'll be my first opponent.

oh, and SW13, you're setting yourself up to get SMACKED by a falco user. peach vs. falco on final D favors falco so badly it's not even funny. If you don't know why, I think Smog can show you.

Top Bottom