• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
For my roster I could see getting rid of Viewtiful Joe, Ryu, and Banjo Kazooie, in order to get Chrom (FE), Masked Man/Claus (Mother), and Lloyd (Tales Series).
I'm teetering on whether I would trade out Bomberman for Little Mac
My roster currently:

nessokman

Smash Lord
THE METROID SERIES BETTER GET ITS LONG OVERDUE 2ND REP (Zero Suit Samus doesn't count in my opinion) BEFORE MOTHER GETS A 3RD ONE!!! :mad:
Well, ZSS is technically a second rep.Sakurai counts ZSS as one, as do I. It is a completely different style with zero suit...

There aren't many choices when it comes to metroid reps, as samus is a LONE bounty hunter. Dark samus and ridley being the only two that really fitt he role, and i think we'd have a better chance of seeing a pig doing backflips through space wearing a cowboy hat than see ridley as a rep.

Mother, however, has a large variety of choices for characters. From the uber PK power girls to the guys using walll staples, sticks, yo-yo's, brute force, bazookas, and much more. Plus there are alot more characters to choose from that would add completely different playstyles.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, ZSS is technically a second rep.Sakurai counts ZSS as one, as do I. It is a completely different style with zero suit...

There aren't many choices when it comes to metroid reps, as samus is a LONE bounty hunter. Dark samus and ridley being the only two that really fitt he role, and i think we'd have a better chance of seeing a pig doing backflips through space wearing a cowboy hat than see ridley as a rep.

Mother, however, has a large variety of choices for characters. From the uber PK power girls to the guys using walll staples, sticks, yo-yo's, brute force, bazookas, and much more. Plus there are alot more characters to choose from that would add completely different playstyles.
Are you high?

Or are you simply trolling?

D

Deleted member

Not sure if I like these changes....
Anyways, Dillon getting a new game isn't all that suprising, given that the sequel was teased and the news about "The Last Ranger" being trademarked by Nintendo.
As for him being in Smash, I wouldn't mind him, I can see him just "clicking" among the rest of the cast, but its more or less one of those cases where its hard to tell at this point in time.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I really hope they give Ness an English VA (I know some people would rather keep his JP voice actress, but I wouldn't mind a change). I mean, Engrish is cool and all, but it just seems weird that Lucas can speak better English, let alone their games have huge western influences. I think that Lani Minella did a good job voicing Lucas (Pit on the other hand is ok...but they totally should have went with Alessandro Juliani jk jk). In fact, my favourite voiced characters are probably Lucas and Snake (gotta love David Hayter)...How about you guys?

But anyway, Ness: PKAAY...STAHSTOOOOOM!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Snake, Fox, Falco, Wolf and Meta Knight have the best voice actors in my opinion.

Oh and Mr. Game and Watch as well.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Olimar's voice brings a tear to my eye every time I hear him. So beautiful. :')

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
\

I don't get why people think lucas is so obscure, after all the translation patch for the Mother 3 ROM got a crap load of downloads, and alot of uber famous let's players have played it. Hardly obscure.
Oh, hardly. Most people don't have a clue what a "Let's Play" or ROM is, you know. He's pretty obscure compared to MOST of the other characters in SSB.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe I'm a little outdated when it comes to uber famous let's players, but I don't think I've seen one of the ones I know play it

nessokman

Smash Lord
alot of people watch let's plays when they are stuck in a game and don't know how to progress *coughsupermetroidcoughcough*
IDK many let's players that are as famous as chuggaaconroy or nintendocaprisun, but both of them have done M3. alot of others as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Even if every lets player ever played M3 completely, it doesn't make him much less obscure. Not that obscurity reaaaaallllllyyyy matters anyways. I mean, he's in the game right?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I must be outdated because I haven't heard of either of those people

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh God, just swapped to the white and blue style. SO much easier on the eyes.

I don't watch Let's Plays so don't feel bad.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
White makes my eyes hurt. I love how photoshop and the likes all switched to dark as their default styles

You know how the forums went down for days and we were all scrambling around like chickens without heads?

That's a foreshadowing on what's going to happen on June 11th at E3, also known as Smash Armageddon. Prepare yourselves for the implosion.
It will be crazy :b:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Like your sig DSN, very MvC2 looking. I'm also liking the changes to the site.

Props for Zael and Miciah love too

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just submitted my vote in that poll (I'm guessing this is the one for 2013). For the most part I was fine with all of those characters (except for Geno) so I ended up voting for a good majority. lol

Also just noticed that we now have the Active User bars back. Good to see things are starting to slowly resemble more of what we originally had.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like Girahim has a chance

For some reason he stuck out more than anyone else on the list

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Call me cynical, but even Brawl's prediction lists looked more possible than some of these to me. I guess by some crazy psuedo-villian-logic, Bowser and Ganon have been defeated enough to join the list so Ridley should too. But I still think it's not happening along with Girahim. Just not.

I could see Olimar's other Pikmin friend (no clue) before those two, or even a Namco character that fits the roster's trend. Maybe Rayman might be in there just because of the new game. Hell. I still have no faith in Ridley, King K. Rool, or Girahim popping up outside of a possible Smash 4 assist trophy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yoo! What's good?

I was rather longing to get back in here-- especially after seeing that last Nintendo Direct (and it seems like Europe's didn't mention Dillon's new game as this is news to me)
You might say I was missing you guyys~~ (-´3`-);

To kill time I went to learn how to do soundfont remixes, got into Earthbound again, got myself a new haircut and played Melee after years. The game still feels absolutely fun and polished to play even today. (Gotta dig Ness)
I started to lament a bit how much more series I wanted to see featured in Smash Bros at this next upcoming installment and how I don't feel too positive of seeing that happening. Who knows though if I'll be proven wrong.

This new forum seems off to me though, some things don't work still and I miss the little achievements and character icons under your username. Also GOOD LORD THE DESTRUCTION AT THE SUPPORT TOPICS

Also I miss the collapse-button and the spoiler-tag now acts like it... sheesh...

Hi Shortie~

EDIT: Is the SSB4 Backroom gone? (-Ó_Ò-)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HELLO SHORTS. I don't like your poll because I pretty much just voted for everyone except like... five.

I missed this place too. How Sad.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also I miss the collapse-button and the spoiler-tag now acts like it... sheesh...

That's kinda disappointing since you could choose between spoiler text and collapsing text... (´_`)p

EDIT: Is the SSB4 Backroom gone? (-Ó_Ò-)

All social groups suffered the same fate. I don't know if they're working on bringing them back or if they are gone forever...
Responses in bold.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sup everyone? New forum looks tight!

What's going on in here right now??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, the new forum looks nice, even though I also have some complaints about it... >_> Guess you can't be perfect after all, right?

Getting back on topic... I agree with people defending the inclusion of K. Rool and Ridley in SSB4. They're major villains in their series and should appear at long last in SSB.

EDIT: Submitted my votes on the poll.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong Country and Metroid are also series who have been around in Nintendo history for a long time, been in since Smash 64, and are seriously underrepped as far as characters go. So I think that's why most agree on K.Rool and Ridley. Honestly, it'd be a damn shame if they didn't include them this time.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Plus, outside of the Mario series and third-parties, they're some of the few characters that are actually well-known and recognizable. I don't see how they could possibly be left out when there are so few big names that could be added otherwise.

For either of them to be excluded would make absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Shorts' poll pretty much consists of any character that has a chance for a slot in Smash 4, realistcally speaking.

I have this feeling that a major requested character isn't going to be in Smash 4 in favor of a minor character but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom