• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pig Masked Army's Fearless Leader: Claus/The Masked Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I agree. I also find it funny that you said Porky twice, then said Pokey. :p
It's a habit when talking about the game. I got obsessed with using them differently. :p
Fassad would be my first choice, but that is such an unrealistic hope that I have to put my support towards Masked Man. I really think he could add a lot to the game. Not that Porky or Jeff couldn't, but Masked Man is my favorite out of the three.
I agree that Jeff and Pokey could add a lot as well; I think that it'd be a shame (esp if Masked Man is in and we get the two mother heroes) if Fassad, Jeff, or Porky were avoided of being in the game in some way. Here's hoping!

(and no not just as stickers)

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
It's a habit when talking about the game. I got obsessed with using them differently. :p

I agree that Jeff and Pokey could add a lot as well; I think that it'd be a shame (esp if Masked Man is in and we get the two mother heroes) if Fassad, Jeff, or Porky were avoided of being in the game in some way. Here's hoping!

Haha! Yeah stickers suck.

But Porky, Ninten, Fassad, or even a Pigmask are OK with me. I really don't care what, I just want a new Mother rep!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I love Mother, I just don't see Mother getting third rep for the fact that the trip,ogg is over and it's a C list series. Star Fox is B list and got 3 reps and many people still wants a certain blue fox shoehorned (which I don't thing will happen). This is sad since I would have liked the Masked Man to join the battle.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
As much as I love Mother, I just don't see Mother getting third rep for the fact that the trip,ogg is over and it's a C list series. Star Fox is B list and got 3 reps and many people still wants a certain blue fox shoehorned (which I don't thing will happen). This is sad since I would have liked the Masked Man to join the battle.
It's not necessarily a C list series; I'd rate it B minus. The real obstacle between Masked Man is that Mother 3 and Mother 1 are still not available for Eastern audiences. With Earthbound's more than satisfying sales (And on the Wii U as well! Imagine if it was on the Wii.); If there's plans to release M3 and he's in great but the way it is right now is a bit of a sticky situation.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
I never understood the whole "Mother shouldn't get 3 reps blahblahblah" or "Star Fox has too many reps blahblahblah" argument
Shouldn't characters get in because they bring some interesting gameplay to the table or are fan favorites/popular/etc? I feel like that's not what people are looking at, instead worrying about Mother/Star Fox/Pokemon/whatever being overrepped

I mean, is it really that important?

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I never understood the whole "Mother shouldn't get 3 reps blahblahblah" or "Star Fox has too many reps blahblahblah" argument
Shouldn't characters get in because they bring some interesting gameplay to the table or are fan favorites/popular/etc? I feel like that's not what people are looking at, instead worrying about Mother/Star Fox/Pokemon/whatever being overrepped

I mean, is it really that important?
Yay, someone sensible here.

Yeah, like I said, I want more of Mother!!

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
They just need to make a Mother version of Smash. We will be lucky to get one newcomer, may even lose one. But there are so many great potential newcomers.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
It's not necessarily a C list series; I'd rate it B minus. The real obstacle between Masked Man is that Mother 3 and Mother 1 are still not available for Eastern audiences. With Earthbound's more than satisfying sales (And on the Wii U as well! Imagine if it was on the Wii.); If there's plans to release M3 and he's in great but the way it is right now is a bit of a sticky situation.
But I feel like Nintendo is almost hinting at the release of Mother 3 (At least in Japan) what with them having that "Onett Times" announcement center on Miiverse and the confirmation of GBA games on the Wii U VC.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
They just need to make a Mother version of Smash. We will be lucky to get one newcomer, may even lose one. But there are so many great potential newcomers.
Pfft I wish ;-; Best we can hope for is a newcomer and good stages.
But I feel like Nintendo is almost hinting at the release of Mother 3 (At least in Japan) what with them having that "Onett Times" announcement center on Miiverse and the confirmation of GBA games on the Wii U VC.
I feel that way too but there's still the question of whether we'll get it. Sadly I don't see it being on the 3DS.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Pfft I wish ;-; Best we can hope for is a newcomer and good stages.

I feel that way too but there's still the question of whether we'll get it. Sadly I don't see it being on the 3DS.
Yeah, I don't see it on 3DS either unless they announce GBA games on the 3DS.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I am counting down to a Mother 3 release on Wii U. I really think it will happen. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I think that could also silence rumors about Lucas being cut as well.

And then confirm Masked Man as a newcomer.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I am counting down to a Mother 3 release on Wii U. I really think it will happen. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I think that could also silence rumors about Lucas being cut as well.

And then confirm Ninten, Ana, Loid, Teddy, Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Lucas, Kumatora, Duster, Boney, Flint, Pigmask, Porky, Starman, Giygas, and Fassad as newcomers.
This is what I'd want, not my prediction. :laugh:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
What I might do just to support sales:
-Buy Earthbound on the VC. I mean, I know I already have it, but I might as well help the cause.
What's likely:
-Lucas not getting cut
What's not as likely but inevitable:
-Mother 3 in the U.S. (After CT, Earthbound, and SMRPG releasing yeah), possibly Mother 1. Mother 1 actually never released on the Japan VC, so there's a shred of hope.
What's really hard to bite on, but it's not completely a stretch:
-Masked Man as a newcomer, maybe DLC?
What's impossible to even think about, but maybe a 1% chance:
-An actual physical copy of a Mother collection or something.
What's impossible to even think about:
-Mother 3 being remade with the graphic style of that one wind waker Mother 3 picture (I'll grab it) and made to feel more like Earthbound 64.
This is what I'd want, not my prediction. :laugh:
Being a Mother fan as one of my favorite franchises and it hurts.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'd be totally all for this, hail Claus The Pig Masked Leader for Super Smash Bros 4!

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I forgot. OP please add me to the support list. Claus is my most wanted newcomer.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'd like to clarify a few things for you guys:

Porky is the leader of the Pigmask Army technically.

The Masked Man/Claus was the guy who commanded it mostly.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I need to edit the list sometime but right now I'm on a school comp, but...

So sucks for F-Zero fans that Samurai Goroh got shown and no even mentioned, but there is some good news for Mother fans - The Mr. Saturn AND the Franklyn Badge (Unedited, so from Mother 3) got shown. Remember how we were worried on a Ness or Lucas cut? Given Sakrai's love of vets and Earthbound finally coming, among other things, I think we're at least seeing both of our mother boys back.

Come on Jeff returning AT, Masked Man in some way, and Porky as a boss!

Also, I'd like to clarify a few things for you guys:

Porky is the leader of the Pigmask Army technically.

The Masked Man/Claus was the guy who commanded it mostly.
I wanted to keep to the old banner's made and to the old support thread. It's all pretty technical anyways. :p

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I am actually getting kind of nervous about Lucas actually, because we probably have most of the starters and I don't believe both of the Mother Boys would be unlockable.

Looking even slimmer for Masked Man, but I am still holding hope. Like you said, I do hope he is represented in some way in this game. The Franklin Badge was nice to see.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
ARGH!!! I need to catch up with the discussion... *Huff huff*

Anyway, hooray for Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge! Also, Samurai Goroh being deconfirmed really ticked me off... I was really hoping for him! :(

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I like the character and I loooooove the game, but I seriously don't see it happening. I've kind of always considered him "Geno Tier" in terms of actual likelihood. Very popular with fans, but no legitimate chance to be a playable character. He would be a fantastic assist trophy though, and I think that given the fact that characters with a similar ratio of fan demand to overall Nintendo relevance, like Waluigi and Skull Kid, have ended up that way, it's absolutely possible, and maybe even likely. That would mean that at least he gets a nice HD model, which ain't too shabby.

If we ever got a third mother rep, I think Porky probably has the best claim, given that he's an antagonist to both Lucas and Ness and has already played a role in Smash before.

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Although I'd say Masked Man isn't as unlikely as you think, I do agree in that Porky would most likely be added first if Mother were to get another rep (I'd prefer him anyway).

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Yeah there are a lot of great Mother characters that are underrated.

Twewy

Smash Lord
In my opinion, if I had to choose another Mother 3 rep, it'd probably be Duster or Flint. Masked Man would be fun though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we got rid of Lucas, Earthbound could use another character.
Yet, Claus would be a wasted spot for it in my eyes. Still a step up, though.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
While a sword and gun could make for great player potential, I'm not sure he's important enough as a character to rep a dead series once more.

I mean, he's important, no doubting that, but I'm not sure about his odds against Jeff and Porky as playable characters.

I'Unno, throwing this out here, how about Claus as an Assist Trophy? It fits his obedient nature well enough.

grizby2

Smash Lord
If we ever got a third mother rep, I think Porky probably has the best claim, given that he's an antagonist to both Lucas and Ness and has already played a role in Smash before.
this actually makes me think a bit differently now.
porky could be cool if sakurai spiced him up with something creative.

in the deep trenches of my mind, I somewhat hope for giegue to be a new character, to softly remedy the whole " we didn't get mewtwo" thing. heh.. :p

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
While a sword and gun could make for great player potential, I'm not sure he's important enough as a character to rep a dead series once more.

I mean, he's important, no doubting that, but I'm not sure about his odds against Jeff and Porky as playable characters.

I'Unno, throwing this out here, how about Claus as an Assist Trophy? It fits his obedient nature well enough.
Yes. I think Porky has the most potential and likelyhood to be playable. Also, I love the idea of him being an AT.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think Nintendo fans everywhere would flip if they unveil Mother 3 for Wii U VC at E3.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Masked Man is one of those characters I secretly want deep down inside. I mean, his design is so badass and sexy, but it's a shame I can't really see a 3rd Mother character right now (hopefully I'm proved wrong).

Funny thing is, I almost always play Lucas with his Claus color swap.

Although thinking about it, if Masked Man is in, I may end up crying when I play as him, especially against Lucas. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think Nintendo fans everywhere would flip if they unveil Mother 3 for Wii U VC at E3.
Please, do NOT get my hopes to high for this. I really want it to happen just so Sakurai have have an excuse for another Mother character. :cry:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Yes. I think Porky has the most potential and likelyhood to be playable. Also, I love the idea of him being an AT.
Sadly, with technical issues and all other things considered for Porky,
Jeff's a random party member, and while he's arguably the least random of the three, >Paula

Also Porky already has technical issues up the crackpipe. Unless you're a character of Ridley's support and status, then yeah, especially when by comparison the only big thing about Porky (As I've mentioned before) is "He's been in both games" which is a bit skewed with the whole
"Masked Man is the last form of Giygas"
thing but that's a bit skewed by the theory that
Porky is also part of Giygas, so thus making everyone part of Giygas, thus making everyone in all three games. Man, that really screws with things when you think about it.

To be honest, though, despite all that being said, Masked Man would be a fantastic option for an AT while keeping the Jeff AT and having Ness/Lucas playable. Porky as a stage boss works perfectly as icing on the cake to that.

I'm still actually coming up with the playstyle. I've been reminding myself of the boss fight - Maybe, unlike Mega Man, he could have a sort of limiter to how he uses all his moves? Like a recharge?T hat's one way I see to nerf him down while possibly bringing something interesting to Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom