• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashachusetts IV - PRE-REG LINK IS UP!!!! - August 24th, 2013 - Western MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat

Date is currently set for mid-late August 2013, and don't forget to RSVP.

The entrance fee is $15 if you pre-register and $20 at the door. The smash games will be:
- brawl singles $10
- brawl doubles $10
- melee singles $10
- melee doubles $10
- n64 singles $5 (if enough people show)
- project M (handled by persons bringing equipment if decided upon)

Click Link Below for Pre-Registration!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=RKFVAJHL454J6&lc=US&item_name=Smashachusetts IV - Venue Prepayment&item_number=smash&amount=15.00&currency_code=USD&button_subtype=services&bn=PP-BuyNowBF:btn_paynowCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

(AIB Tourney Page)

ttp://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13201

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I decided to bring NE's BIGGEST event back to life, so yeah.. better get prepared smash community. Last time I ran an event I had more set-ups than people.. This time it is up to you to fix that problem ;)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Dissention was just a step in the right direction.

Great venue, ran well, and tons of snacks and setups. Overall it was a cheap event. I'm saddened to be in Chicago sitting this one out.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
the only tournament series that i'm remotely interested in attending, even if i can't promise anything. a lot of things are gonna be changing in my life in the coming months so we'll see i guess.

i will agree with matt tho, the first one was very smoothly run, anyone who was bashing your experince or methods should really shut up

:phone:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
like seriously, the melee players were pretty outnumbered by the brawl players last time. if all of NE melee had been like maine and shown up there probably would've been more melee players instead lol

maine showed up but no one from CT did??? c'mon lol

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
get everyone within 300 miles for melee at this event! For the set-ups we provide, I want at least Zenith level attendance. :)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
worcester ma, no confirmed address details tbd

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
No, I am sorry I had an issue with logging in for the longest time. This event is a 2013 event, one of, if not the biggest (regional) events to date. The event will have more set-ups, more fun, and better prizes than before. You know the efficiency and staff were on point last time, and we are looking to bring it back. With that in mind, please excuse the lack of updating on my part, as I had to fix some glitch issues on my user end with my profile on SWF. I am happy to say that this is continuing, and as a special bonus I will announce the return of Smashachusetts IV. heheh. This Dissention II will be a LONE qualifier for the renowned and huge Smashachusetts series, which has swept the New England area right back onto the high attendance charts.

Big prizes await those who win Smashachusetts IV, and more will be announced as the time moves forward. Dissention II is your only chance, and your best chance, to earn the highly desired bracket spots that give you the edge.

Oh and Melee fans, Smashachusetts didn't include Melee before, but it does now. Since Dissention, I have rekindled my fire for the game, and above all that Melee is credited with my introduction to the community.

Whether you are Brawl, N64, Melee, or all of the above, we will have something for all smashers to come together and enjoy. There will be an awesome chance to get badly needed bracket spots by winning Dissention, so I expect tons of people to come fight for the chance to win a BIG spot for Smashachusetts IV. Oh and by the way.. Smashachusetts IV is a national! ;)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
LOL..
Smashachusetts will be mid-late 2013, and it will be a high quality premium event that's open to ANYONE of ANY SKILL LEVEL.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
sadly, although your fire for melee has been revived, mine no longer exists

if i come to either of these i'd be there for Project M casuals (or even a tournament)

sort of a big if tho

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
sadly, although your fire for melee has been revived, mine no longer exists

if i come to either of these i'd be there for Project M casuals (or even a tournament)

sort of a big if tho

I still think it's worth your time to attend.. Since this event puts more emphasis on the real fundamental importance of a tourney of this scale.. HAVING FUN..

This event is anything but dead ladies and gentlemen! Full force with some awesome things coming your way.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I still think it's worth your time to attend.. Since this event puts more emphasis on the real fundamental importance of a tourney of this scale.. HAVING FUN..

This event is anything but dead ladies and gentlemen! Full force with some awesome things coming your way.
wasn't i one of the first (maybe THE first?) people you played in melee at Dissention 1? even in casuals, i think i played mewtwo/marth against you lol

i can pretty much promise i'll be at smashachussetts since it's LITERALLY in my backyard (like, two or three miles from where i live)

can't promise i'll be entering any brackets tho, unless there's a PM side event

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
whats going on with this event...
No new updates, it's still a definite event, date is 75% certain, working on Worcester MA (area) location to host this event. I am taking a lot of different things into factor. With Genius Gaming being a majority equipment sponsor for Apex, the focus has been shifted to things of that nature. This event will be happening, and will be lining up for the next Smashachusetts, which is in a TBA state ATM. Make sure on your end, Fatal, that as many people know about this event as possible.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I'm so out of practice in both melee and brawl its bad, terrible..

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
it's getting better though you prob would still own me haha
well i can tell you that you'd body me in brawl lol, i'm terribad at that game. i have been practicing melee again recently to get ready for Smashachusetts, so if you've been practicing constantly you've probably surpassed me. we wouldn't know till we played again tho

I'm so out of practice in both melee and brawl its bad, terrible..
it could be worse, you could be like me, and actually be pretty decent to good at melee, but place like **** at tournaments because i get miffed easy and start playing bad. sounds like johns, but i went to tournaments for 3 years, and while some people who started around the same time as me became top 5 in NE, i struggled to make it out of pools (and NEVER DID at a single mass madness). and people wondered why my mindset was bad lol. i was too focused on the bad i guess

for example, with my tourny record, M2K should have double 4 stocked me when i played him. but he didn't lol (he did 4 stock me on FD tho, getting slayed on my favorite stage was interesting)

/rant

now i think that i will enter a melee bracket @ smashachusetts, just to prove something to myself... lol

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
So.. anybody excited yet? full Melee support will be there, just like Dissention 2! Melee/Brawl players get hyped.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
wait a sec, this isn't at the eastfield mall anymore?

Dessention 2 was gonna be in worchester right?

Eastfield Mall won't allow me to host anymore because my old job (at GamePlay USA) they blockaded me from being able to host there at the mall anywhere. I swear it's a conspiracy type management structure at best. Dissention 2 was scheduled for Worcester, you are correct, but I changed it over to Smashachusetts IV because I want it to be bigger and a lot of people were asking about bringing it back.

I am really shooting for the stars with high hopes, and pre-registration will be up within the next few weeks. Genius Gaming is taking care of all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom