• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashachusetts IV - PRE-REG LINK IS UP!!!! - August 24th, 2013 - Western MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
Definitely lookin to join this considering I live in Worcester..
Anything I can do to help organize/etc.?

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Definitely lookin to join this considering I live in Worcester..
Anything I can do to help organize/etc.?
How many people do you know from the community that are still active in Worcester? The greatest help right now before we start staffing will be to promote this event.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
How many people do you know from the community that are still active in Worcester? The greatest help right now before we start staffing will be to promote this event.
Rhode Island smash crew is coming up for this. I'm gonna bring as many people as I can.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Rhode Island smash crew is coming up for this. I'm gonna bring as many people as I can.
That's great to hear, I am looking forward to it! We will talk more (GTG home from work lol)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
is there a mass social thread or a Fb group? I'm moving here between now/2014

:phone:
I'm on sure if they have an active
Massachusetts smash community group. however I'm more than willing to point you in the direction of people who play Massachusetts, myself included. this tournament would be a good way for you to acclimate yourself into the community.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I won't be at the tournament. I likely won't be here until late this year/beginning of 2014.

I play Melee/PM exclusively.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
@ mizuki

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200924

this is the most recently updated mass thread, all the other ones are long since dead and buried

Thanks good sir..

Now since AIB has this i figured I'd make one for here:

VOTE for your top choice food (if able to be provided at venue)

1. soda/water/hot dogs/chips/candy
2. pizza/soda/chips/water/candy
3. not going to purchase food
4. other (leave comments below)

Vixen

Premium
thanks.

i'll be in mass January, immediately after Apex. I'll be in Springfield. Looking forward to my new place of residence.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
thanks.

i'll be in mass January, immediately after Apex. I'll be in Springfield. Looking forward to my new place of residence.
I will be looking forward to a new face in our community of Western Mass, welcome in advance!

By the way**** Pre-registration is hopefully going to be up by the middle/end of this week. I will be determining pot bonuses and we are still deciding/negotiating venue stuff. It will be in Worcester on June 22, 2013, that much I do know.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
springfield???? the same city as me? really? wow.

assuming i'm still playing at that point, who do you play as?

I'm with him.. I am curious, who do you main my friend?

also PRE-REG is almost ready!!!!!!

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
NICE!! I like this.. more of this in the New England community is awesome to see. There is a group in Springfield MA that is pretty darn good at Melee, they are all pretty competitive too. It's fun to hang out with them, so you'll fit right in.

I work way too much, and I don't play melee as often as I should, so I am arguably one of the least skilled these days in this area. I used to play a TON of melee, I was more old school in my meta-game though, lol - I main mario/doc/falco/occasional marth. I like playing with luigi/roy on occasion.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i like the falco mizuki, at least what little i saw of it, my youtube application won't play the entire video :(

i took a peek at your profile and i'm impressed that you're female but you play falco. every girl i've ever met who played smash either played peach, marth or pikachu. major props for playing a spacie and (from the looks of it) being very solid :)

thanks GTZ, Gonzales is pretty darn good at melee even tho he doesn't have any motivation. i'm like in that awkward area between "decent" and "good" and it varies day by day lol (my mewtwo is usually a little better than what you saw tho)

i need to get some free time and go to a tournament or two before this, get myself back in shape

wow that turned into a long reply lol

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
i like the falco mizuki, at least what little i saw of it, my youtube application won't play the entire video :(

i took a peek at your profile and i'm impressed that you're female but you play falco. every girl i've ever met who played smash either played peach, marth or pikachu. major props for playing a spacie and (from the looks of it) being very solid :)

thanks GTZ, Gonzales is pretty darn good at melee even tho he doesn't have any motivation. i'm like in that awkward area between "decent" and "good" and it varies day by day lol (my mewtwo is usually a little better than what you saw tho)

i need to get some free time and go to a tournament or two before this, get myself back in shape

wow that turned into a long reply lol

why don't we hang out one on one and become like unofficial rivals, that way once I get back into shape we can challenge each other on a semi structured schedule..;)

Vixen

Premium
I'm the best spacie main in AZ. It's an awesome feeling. <3

Just wish I could have said I was better than Forward before he retired, but he retired just as I started to get really good.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I'm the best spacie main in AZ. It's an awesome feeling. <3

Just wish I could have said I was better than Forward before he retired, but he retired just as I started to get really good.

I'd love to play against your falco .:-)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Wish it was 2 days. Hype anyways!

depends on how many people sign up. Honestly we'd run two days only if the pre-registration was large enough, otherwise we are more than capable to handle it in a day :)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I'm confused at this being labeled as the largest international event of the summer...
Largest multi-smash international event. and what's confusing about it?

evo is specifically for melee, I am running brawl, melee, and n64.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
This will have more entrants.

This tournament series had its date reserved for the last year. I don't understand how everyone has brought up other events in my thread, but thanks Ice Arrow for your support.

Look, I aim to do what I have told everyone I would do.. I have tons of equipment, space, resources, and patience to run an event this big. I understand the "Smashachusetts" and "Dissention" tourney names might be the new kids on the block in the large scale smash event scene, but that in no way makes them any less important or fun to the community.

Genius Gaming (and I) have a common goal, to expand the smash community and maintain a higher standard of tournament. I can only promise this: I will do my best to ensure the event is fun and worth every person coming, for all events.

---
Like I said before, my event has been planned for quite some time now on this date. I appreciate the genuine concern some of you have expressed, but I can assure you that this will be as big and as awesome as it looks.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This tournament series had its date reserved for the last year. I don't understand how everyone has brought up other events in my thread, but thanks Ice Arrow for your support.

Look, I aim to do what I have told everyone I would do.. I have tons of equipment, space, resources, and patience to run an event this big. I understand the "Smashachusetts" and "Dissention" tourney names might be the new kids on the block in the large scale smash event scene, but that in no way makes them any less important or fun to the community.

Genius Gaming (and I) have a common goal, to expand the smash community and maintain a higher standard of tournament. I can only promise this: I will do my best to ensure the event is fun and worth every person coming, for all events.

---
Like I said before, my event has been planned for quite some time now on this date. I appreciate the genuine concern some of you have expressed, but I can assure you that this will be as big and as awesome as it looks.
I'm not trying to undermine your event, but more pointing out these kinds of claims which are more or less well, false. I hope you do get as many entrants as you hope, all the power to you. But to be proclaiming that you're the largest international summer multi-smash event is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Smashachusetts and Dissention are new names on the block, as they really aren't (as far as I see). But to say that you will have a larger event than Genesis, one of the largest Smash tournaments period (which does have the record for Melee iirc) is kind of ridiculous. It's you undermining them at that point, and to think that they don't run any games besides Melee is sad.

What I see from looking at this thread is that it looks like you've changed your date multiple times, no interest from outside the US except for Canada, the first time running anything but Brawl at a Smashachussettes, etc. You also say that you supplied 65 setups for Apex, which is completely false, and was less than half that number.

The last thing I want/like to do is make posts like this, especially coming from another TO, but so much here of what your saying is either false or wrong to say publicly.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
your implying that Game Undergrounds systems spontaneously appeared and weren't delivered to Apex for free by Genius Gaming? are you trying to undermine the fact that every set-up was installed by Genius Gaming? Game Underground does an awesome job for the gaming community, and I back them up all the way! I see where this is going, and this is not the time or the place to have this conversation..

why is this even a topic in this thread? usually the polite thing to do is express your concerns through PM, not publicly try to engage me on my own tourney thread. I feel this has other motivations and I don't appreciate it. you don't see me going to any of your threads and nitpicking things.

I'm really saddened that this is the attitude I am getting from some of you. I am really pushing for the community's best interests at heart, and I have gone through a lot to prove that. Like I said before, I wouldn't say something/advertise if I didn't believe it was possible. There is plenty for this tournament and the New England smash scene in general to offer the community.

not counting Canada towards an international status kind of isolates them doesn't it? They are their own country and deserve just as much hype for traveling to America as any other outside country does.. it's almost like the way people talk about newer smashers..

"newer players don't count in tournament attendance" that's BS
"Canada isn't cool enough to be considered international at an American tourney" doesn't bide well with me having that mentality

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i would say to just change the title to something like "New England's only international/biggest Smash Event"?

would avoid confusion and nitpicking imo lol

*raises flame shield*

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit
Where ever you choose for the venue in Worcester, make sure there's a dedicated parking lot if you truly expect this to be as big as you think. Bloodcross got towed a couple weeks ago at a local in Worcester because there's no good parking at all besides parking garages, which cost money of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom