• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashachusetts IV - PRE-REG LINK IS UP!!!! - August 24th, 2013 - Western MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Are you guys interested in having VGBootCamp stream? If so Private Message me.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
Why the sad face? I love the snow :)

I didn't get to go out and play in it. I only got to shovel my car out and then back to more studying haha.

Also:
Will there be teams tournaments as well?

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
yeah teams tourneys and singles..

*sigh*

I may have to make a decision on the date of this event, I am not very happy about it, but I keep getting pressure from quite a few events, which could unfairly affect attendance, regardless of how much earlier I set my date than everyone else.. :-/

Ramo

Smash Cadet
Crew battle!!!

Also, will it be recorded?
Just curious so I don't use a tag and become part of a combo video..

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
we have Melee, Brawl, N64 as core events

we are up for negotiations on anybody looking to possibly host mini events within our events (small pokemon battles, etc.). Please PM me with any/all request regarding this matter, and I will be happy to chat. :)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Isn't SKTAR 2 on this date now? D:

No, SKTAR 2 is running the first weekend in August, it's approximately 2-3 weeks after SKTAR 2, which was purposefully done to give breathing room to both events. I had asked Keitaro directly if my date choice was okay, and he has no issues with it, so I think that's the direction I am heading in.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I am currently working with a special 3rd party to get our streaming together :)

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
we have Melee, Brawl, N64 as core events

we are up for negotiations on anybody looking to possibly host mini events within our events (small pokemon battles, etc.). Please PM me with any/all request regarding this matter, and I will be happy to chat. :)
Is there gonna be any Project M there? Even a side-event? I could bring a set-up

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Is there gonna be any Project M there? Even a side-event? I could bring a set-up
I like that idea, anybody care to volunteer as a host? I wouldn't charge anybody, the volunteer host would be responsible for equipment security (their own project m consoles) and running their mini events, just as long as there is no interference with main events it will be fine.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I like that idea, anybody care to volunteer as a host? I wouldn't charge anybody, the volunteer host would be responsible for equipment security (their own project m consoles) and running their mini events, just as long as there is no interference with main events it will be fine.
I've never run a tournament, but if all I really have to do is bring a setup of Project M then I'll do that

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I love the idea of Project M even if I disagree with a lot of the melee characters returning exactly the same. (i have entire rants devoted to marth, falco, fox and ganondorf lol)

but I'll play it when the complete game is out, i'm not gonna get used to something then have it change with the next release... and I'm not talking tech/engine fixes either

It'd be tons if fun for playing casuals though

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I love the idea of Project M even if I disagree with a lot of the melee characters returning exactly the same. (i have entire rants devoted to marth, falco, fox and ganondorf lol)

but I'll play it when the complete game is out, i'm not gonna get used to something then have it change with the next release... and I'm not talking tech/engine fixes either

It'd be tons if fun for playing casuals though
heck yes it would!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
'sup GTZ? I won't likely be entering anything at this, but I will say that next time we play expect my marth to look a good deal healthier than last time :)

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
I made an account just to say I really am looking forward to this. This will be my first competitive appearance in years, but I've been longing to play now more than ever. This will be a fun time. I will surely be hitting the Melee and Project M scene, perhaps Brawl as well.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Ok everyone, thanks so much for your comments and keeping this thread alive., PLEASE check the original posting to see the newly updated pre-payment for venue link, which doubles as pre-registration. This is a necessity for helping fund the venue, so please if you haven't paid the $15 venue fee now is the chance. Otherwise you will be charged $20 at the door the day of the event.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Unfortunately with the news of cancellation (through the FB event) I'm going to unsticky this until further notice. GTZ hit me up if there's still going to be a tournament and I'll re-sticky the thread for you.

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
Whoa, what's going on here? I am one of the pre-registered users, as this event was one closest to my area (NH) when I discovered it a month ago. Hell, I even made this account thinking this would be a big break from not having entered in a professional event in several years. Gonna be pissed if this was all just a scam.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Well he hasn't actually mentioned on either Smashboards or AiB what the deal is. It could've just been a mistake with the FB page. However the tournament itself still has no planned venue despite the date creeping ever closer, and that FB page deactivation doesn't really help their case. Like I said GTZ, hit me up ASAP so we can sort this out but as it stands I have to leave this unstickied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom