• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashachusetts IV - PRE-REG LINK IS UP!!!! - August 24th, 2013 - Western MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
There's no mother****ing goddamn venue for this tournament yet.

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a confirmed tournament. I don't care about the ridiculously sketchy claim, "I want interest for my tournament therefore I'll post a pre reg first".

You clearly have interest here on smashboards and on allisbrawl. So hurry up with the venue. Time is running out.

Also, I too am about to host a tournament some time in August. Your date is looking mighty tasty right now.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a confirmed tournament. I don't care about the ridiculously sketchy claim, "I want interest for my tournament therefore I'll post a pre reg first".

You clearly have interest here on smashboards and on allisbrawl. So hurry up with the venue. Time is running out.

Also, I too am about to host a tournament some time in August. Your date is looking mighty tasty right now.

hey bloodcross if you're gonna host a tourney in august could you make it like 1-2 weeks earlier than this date? i move out to college the ~17th :(

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
For all of those who have been asking, there is a venue I have been working with. They require a confirmed list of attendees and an initial deposit before the date can be secured. This is why I have been asking for pre-registration. The Venue is located in Springfield, MA, but without 40 confirmed and paid pre-registrations, I will not be able to host there.

I am out of work, I was laid off, so for those who just assume I pay the deposit that is impossible and comes across as a false sense of entitlement. I feel I am justified in asking for this kind of commitment considering the amount of work I have put into the community and the tournament smash scene.

I have recently heard rumors of people saying some negative things about my event, particularly the fact my venue hasn't been secured. This should provide enough clarity to move forward.

As for bashing me about the venue, I am statistically anything but sketchy in the community. The venue requires a certain amount of pre-registrations. As for the individual with the pre-registration already paid, that money will be refunded assuming the event is cancelled.

Bloodcross of all people you should be ashamed to bash me on these forums I understand you have a tendency to communicate extravagantly, but take that tone somewhere off of my thread please.

I wouldn't put the Smashachusetts name on the line for some sort of sketchy scenario. It's the biggest event in the area and I am not about to muddle it's reputation.

Sometimes life has a way of kicking you in the @ss..

firebro17

Smash Cadet

If you are hosting a tournament when would you do it because I really want to get into the competitive smash scene for a while now. I've been watching tournaments for about a year and only attended 1 (Pax East if that is even one) placed 2nd there. As far as I am concerned there isn't a BIG smash scene in Mass like I hoped for.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
If you are hosting a tournament when would you do it because I really want to get into the competitive smash scene for a while now. I've been watching tournaments for about a year and only attended 1 (Pax East if that is even one) placed 2nd there. As far as I am concerned there isn't a BIG smash scene in Mass like I hoped for.

If Bloodcross is hosting an event, he can post his own thread and answer his questions there. This thread here is for Smashachusetts IV, which as of now is picking up steam (contrary to popular belief)

And as for the Massachusetts Smash scene, Smashachusetts is the biggest continual smash bros tourney series in MA.

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
You still could have responded to my personal message from long before. Your lack of a response until now has hurt my trust.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
May I also mention that MattDobZeb already scheduled a Melee tournament on this date. You took way too long in planning this tournament and now your date just got sniped. This is basically Brawl only now since I was nice enough not to steal this date at all.

imo regarding that essay. not gonna quote it.

para1: can already tell the owner gives no **** about the community. over 40 people have already been confirmed for months. idk wtf he's worried about there. i honestly doubt the venue owner directly told gtz to have pre registration up which he implies here imo

para2: JOHNS. also, the work you put in the community = the following: flukes followed by a flump. what, you give tvs to people? anybody can do that tbh.

para3: the venue is STILL not secured. these rumors are true and you've proven it in para1.

para4: statistically, you've been involved with a scandal at dissention. someone stole money, you knew who took it but refused to spill the beans to the community. this can only mean the ppl who stole the money were involved with "genius gaming" the ppl who helped with the event. you didnt want to look bad

para5: ***** i aint ashamed LOL

para6: not on purpose but you're dumb enough to still put yourself in that sketchy scenario apparently.

conclusion para: JOHNS

I'm sorry but this is getting me pissed off beyond belief.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Actually I'd wager money that Matt picked the date without checking Smashboards, as a lot of his tournament hosting efforts are typically done through Facebook these days (He may have saw the FB event cancellation and figured it was fair game). You might want to get in touch with him directly if you want to sort out the tournament date issue.

Also this will be the only warning - any more gripes you guys have with each other, save it for private messages. You both end up looking stupid otherwise. Try to chill on the profanity as well.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
Anybody who wants to crash at my place either before or after the tournament feel free to PM me (I live in Worcester)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
how many people are still planning to pre-register? If i don't get a serious improvement soon with my pre-registrations I will run out of time to secure the venue and my deal with them will be off. I am offering pre-registration for only $15, where as $20 will be due at the door if not pre-registered. Plenty of CRT TV's and wii's / ngc's are already purchased for this event. I am at a brink financially I cannot afford any more expenses so this is on you, the community to show your support by pre-registering. The venue is a covered pavillion with plenty of power, on site food possibilities, and a large enough parking lot to accommodate quite a crowd of smashers. I have worked hard to secure this venue, and it is also part of a chain of venues that I am involved with for my wedding ceremony / reception.

If I cannot get the required deposit within a week or week and a half, this event will most likely be postponed / cancelled due to lack of projected attendance and support. Please dont let that happen smashers..

Regarding the event pre-registration being labeled as a "scam: or "shady" I am extremely honest and am available to chat with anyone who feels I am anything but that.

As for you Bloodcross, if you have anything else to say, please take it off my thread and PM me, as we are warned not to continue this quarrel publicly. I will advise that if you would like to be allowed to attend this event (if it happens) you best not continue to troll my tourney thread please and thank you.

firebro17

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry but I have a question. On the AllisBrawl page of this tournament there are 123 people who are planning to come to this plus the 13 that are on this forum that are going to this which is about 139 people. So do we need to pre register or can we just give you the 20$ at the door like you said? I don't see the point of the pre register if we got over 40 people coming unless you need the money to pay the venue in advance.

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I would rather pay the money at the door if we have that many people who have said that they are going to come, if that's possible, of course.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
being unemployed I cannot afford the deposit, plus the venue requires it in advance regardless.. I am kind of stuck in that regard

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
And as for the Massachusetts Smash scene, Smashachusetts is the biggest continual smash bros tourney series in MA.
The **** it is.
Mass Madness.

GTZ, you can't crowdfund a tournament without some serious rep. And I highly doubt even Alex Strife or DBR could do what you tried to do with this - it just doesn't work.

For those who want to hit up a definite event, Mass Madness: Championship Edition is this date in Framingham, MA with an expected turnout of 50+.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
The **** it is.
Mass Madness.
I am talking about attendance per event not how many events have been running.

Doesn't matter anyways at this point Matt. Also, don't compare Smashachusetts to Apex, or Mass Madness. Smashachusetts has and always will be separate from those events, even if I've been made a mockery of as of recent. You cannot argue my early on success, especially with Brawl scene before it seemingly died down. Oh and for the record, my attendance numbers weren't luck at all, they were the product of hard work and advertising.

I'm getting pretty sick of this crap. I think soon the truth needs to be told about how things have been behind the scenes in this community. Maybe it's time to go public with what happened this year.. Yup it is time and I am sorry but I have to do this.. Check for my blog, it will be posted once I am done figuring out how to say what needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom