• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Smashcon "$400 in Bonus Pots!!!"

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Winter Smashcon
Jan 20th 2013

Venue
Ohana Pier
1311 Gause Blvd Ste 3
Slidell LA 70458​

Winter Con is here and you better be ready to compete. We've got a great line up this year for you featuring more Fighters, Doubles , and the same old Smash you love. Things will be streamed LIVE over the internet for all the world. We'll be recording as much as possible to feature the great players that make up our scene on our you tube channel. This event promises to have upsets, challenging players, and push your skill to its very limit. Lets not make the tragic mistake of missing such a great event ;)

Venue Fee-$10
Entry Fee-$10
Doubles-$5 per player
Mario Kart Wii-$5
UMvC/TTT2/SSFIV:AE 2012-$10
P4A/Skullgirls/MK9/PlayStationAllStars/Project M-$5
MTG-$

Food
Pizza
1 Slice-$2
2 Slices-$3
Soda-$1

Cash
Remember to bring around 100 dollars in cash. Be prepared to buy nice, custom made, one-of-a-kind novelty items you won't find anywhere else (Hats, key chains, posters, ETC) Anything higher than $10, lower than $1, will not be accepted as payment. Exact change is also highly appreciated.

Bringing in a setup or Cos-playing will get you half off Venue. These can not be combined to get free Venue.

Our Website
http://www.smash-con.com\

Schedule of future Events in LA(Follows next 5 months)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330574

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesmashcon

Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon

FB Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/445239378856668/

Schedule

11-Open
11:30-Brawl Doubles\N64 Doubles
12:00-Melee Doubles\N64 Singles
1:00-Brawl Singles\SF4:AE
2:00-Project M\TTT3
3:00-UMVC3\Melee Singles
4:00-MK9\Skull Girls\Persona 4 Arena
5:30-30 min food break
6:00-PlayStationAllStars
7:00-Mario Kart Wii
10:00-Close

Attendance
If you are going to be no more than 10 minutes late, please contact the TO who's tournament you are entering. Shoot them a text, or better yet call them because they will most likely be running round taking care of things. They will add you to the tournament you request to enter in. Make sure you have your money ready. If the first game of the tournament has started and you call, it's too late to enter. So if you think you are going to be late, call.

Tournament Priority
As you can see, this event is on a tight schedule. If you are cross-entered in a tournament (entered in multiple tournaments) and you have a more than one match to play at once, the tournament with the higher entry fee takes priority.

Brawl > 64/Melee/P:M > SSF4:AE/MK9/UmVC3/Skull Girls/Mario Kart Wii

For example, If you are waiting to play a tournament match for Melee but you get called for a tournament match in Brawl, you must leave the Melee station and come play your Brawl match.

However, if a tournament match is already going on in any game, you will not be required to leave until said match is complete. You must report to your next match immediately afterwards.

Tournament matches have priority over any money match.

Pools
Pools will be run to determine proper seeding for all events throughout the day. (time permitting)

Payouts

Brawl
1st-55%-$100 Bonus
2nd-25%
3rd-15%
4th-5%

Brawl Rule set

-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*
*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.
-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit
-Metaknight is legal
-Items turned off
-Team attack on
-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles
-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses

Stage list:
Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Melee
1st-60%-$50 Bonus
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Melee Rule set

Melee ruleset is the standard 4 stocks, team attack on, 8 minute time limit with the following stages:

Singles
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Doubles
Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

Oh and wobbling is legal but anyone caught wobbling will be ridiculed and harassed for being a weenie.

First will be pools, then a double elimination bracket. Matches will be best of 3, except for finals and semi-finals which will be best of 5. Any obscure rules can be found here: MBR Recommended Ruleset.

N64
1st-60%-$50 Bonus
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

N64 Rule set
-5 stock
-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.
-Starter Stage: Hyrule
-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo
-Winner may Ban one stage
-Loser Picks
-All Stages are unbanned after each match
-12 min limit on GF matches

Project M
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Mario Kart Wii
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Mario Kart Rule set

Preliminary Rounds:- 2 Player Versus
- Class: 150 cc
- CPU: none
- Courses: Random (every race; will be changed beforehand in in-game “Rules”)
- Items: Balanced
- Race count: 3
- All karts/bikes, and controllers allowed
- Best 2 out 3, with the winner advancing to next round
- 1st place = 15 points, 2nd place = 7 points

- Winner of winner's bracket plays the winner of loser's bracket in the finals
- Winner of loser's bracket must win 2 consecutive sets in order to win the
tournament

Finals:- Same rules as preliminary rounds only, instead of 150 cc, finalists will race all
courses on MIRROR mode.

PSAS
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

PSAS Rule Set

-Items will be set OFF.
-Stage hazards will be set OFF.
-3 stock matches.
-Best 2 of 3. (Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5)

-First Match will be played on Medium Practice Stage 2.
-Losing team can reselect their characters, winning team must stay the same characters.
-Losing team can choose any stage they would like to plat on.
-Repeat for game 3, 4, and 5 if needed.

UMVC3
1st-70%-$100 Bonus
2nd-20%
3rd-10%

TTT3
1st-70%-$50 Bonus
2nd-20%
3rd-10%

SF:AE
1st-70%-$50 Bonus
2nd-20%
3rd-10%

Magic the Gathering

Rule Set/Information

All entry fees go towards prize support. Top payout is determined by number of players. Prizes are given out in store credit to be used for any of our products.

The set formats are not written in stone and can be changed by popular demand.

All tournaments will be DCI sanctioned with a minimum of 8 players. Additional tournaments and/or formats can be started with the minimum of 8 players.

TOs Confirmed

UMVC/MK9/SF:AE-Jarious/Stefon
Brawl-Bomber/Jniq
Melee-PingDing
Project M:JustinSane/PingDing
N64-Fancy
Mario Kart Wii-Fancy
PlayStationAllStars-Curlz

Venue Pics

New Stuff
-Doubles for ALL
-Streaming
-Recording
-More Traditional Fighters

Some Rules for the Venue
-NO SMOKING OUT BACK NEAR THE GOALS, DO IT OUT FRONT
-Try to respect the venue as they are being so generous to let us use it.
-Have Fun

Hotel Information

The best is the "Value Travel Inn" only a block or two from the Venue. Its the 5th one down on the list. The others are not that close anything cheap would do.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-us.html?aid=336408;label=slidell-5TRUCOfEl0CbcixBjmsr5AS16772210019%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=ac1de5197013d475cdba41a59430cf31;dcid=1;city=20050908;redirected_from_city=1;src=city

Parade Information

Route to take to avoid Parade

Red=Parade Route Black/Blue= Your route depending on which way you come from.

We shall have signs like this one to direct you. This one indicates to turn around you've gotten off the exit and are going the wrong way.

After you get off on the Exit Fremaux you will either see this sign saying to turn around or another that say your going in the "Right Way".

After Interstate
1.Look for Fremaux Avenue Exit
2.Turn Right onto Fremaux
3.Take the 2nd left onto Eastridge Dr
4. Take the 3rd right onto Gause Blvd
5.Destination will be on the Right. Look for Giant Surf Boards out front.
6.Park where ever you can it is likely that much of the parking will be taken. At which time parking on the side of some strangers lawn is acceptable.

Ohana Pier is the Far Left building in the Strip Mall Facing Towards the Gym.

Taken Directly from Google Maps from New Orleans to Ohana Pier.

If your coming from the opposite way you'll need to switch it up a little.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Really really want to go but the fact that its on a Sunday (the third Sunday no less) really hurts my chances of going. But I won't give up hope!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't remember where Slidell is, near New Orleans right? If I can get to New Orleans can I carpool with someone to this?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I can pick up anyone in between Lafayette and Slidell (e.g Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Metairie) for a small gas fee. I have 4 open spots.

Edit: I'm also challenging ANY and ALL Alabama players to any amount MM (within reason). Come at me!!!

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Holy crap didn't see PSAS up there before now I will make an even greater effort to come.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I'm also challenging ANY and ALL Alabama players to any amount MM (within reason). Come at me!!!
EEwwww mk I think I'll pass, also I'm not a big money match guy but we can do a friendly or two

I'll try to make it to this with Cam, lets see how are neighboring community fairs

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I can pick up anyone in between Lafayette and Slidell (e.g Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Metairie) for a small gas fee. I have 4 open spots.

Edit: I'm also challenging ANY and ALL Alabama players to any amount MM (within reason). Come at me!!!
As I told Okuser, I don't do money matches.

Tesh

Smash Hero

When would you be going, what time of day and on which day? I would be megabussing to and from New Orleans so I need to know what time I need to arrive there if this was going to happen.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
We've added $400 Bonus pot.

$200 for Smash
$200 for Traditional Fighters.

$100 Bonuses- Brawl, UMVC3
$50 Bonuses- SF:AE, TTT3, Melee, N64

If you cosplay you get half off Venue.
If you bring a setup you get half off Venue.

^
You can not combine the above special conditions to get in for free.

FB Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/445239378856668/

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
If I can come I know I can bring a tv, wii (brawl and kart), gamecube, and n64...spreading the awesomeness

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Oh, ok. *marks 1st body bag as "Tesh's Sheik"*

I hope I either do outstanding at APEX so I have to show my performance wasn't a fluke, or something makes me really salty so I play at this with a vengeance.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Curlz we still gotta MM to do bro.

And Tesh, we should Sonic ditto MM.

Curlz

Smash Lord
64 can normally pull a crowd of at least 20-25. Melee in LA has kinda fallen through though, but if enough hype is ensued it could reach up to the 30s.

Brawl man, what we got? XD

:phone:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
almost considering to megabus but i feel it won't be big enough. It is hard to decide.

If you can guarantee large attendance + add Project M, or something, id consider it even more

i just may be down for a really long megabus trip... (REALLY long)...
If that 0 dollar megabus trip is still working I'd def do that, unless someone wanted to sponsor me (and obviously they'd team with me too)

I am very serious in my interest btw but im not sure if it's enough as is (considering how expensive/long the trip is)

if anyone wants to talk, either respond here or message me on facebook
www.facebook.com/mew2king
(and tell me what your name is so I accept your friend request)

for the record, you catch my interest whenever you have 200 or more pot bonus and/or sponsor my travels. But I do not know how much longer I can do this anyway because I am being forced to get a job very soon.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
So no megabus but is anyone from around this area going to Apex? I am wondering if I could get a carpool

but if I got maybe half my travel expenses paid for I would also go that way as an alternative please let me know guys! It would be cool to go as I have never been in this region ever before.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You should just pay for all of mine, because I'm clearly deserving of the most special treatment.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Why don't we let this clearly available extra money decide? We'll each call it, and whomever it comes to gets to use it for their travel expenses.

Top Bottom