• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon freaking Belmont

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
(Pardon if this has already been discussed. Direct me to that thread and I'll can this one.)

I thought that Simon Belmont was a shoe-in for Melee. I'd think even moreso in Brawl. Whip, holy water, boomerang, dagger, axe... you just don't need much creativity for developing moves. And he's been a Nintendo staple since the beginning. And he's just plain cool, too.

As a super power (like Link's triforce sword attack or Kirby's cooking kettle), the stopwatch would be cool. Freezing someone and then you doing all the damage you could to them. It wouldn't affect their trajectory at all, but you could rack up the punishment. Simon has a built-in grab with his whip. Heck, he doesn't even need to use anything except his whip and cool vampire-killing gadgets to attack with.

I'd also like to see some Castlevania-themed power-ups, too. Like the "II" and "III" dealies, perhaps, which might make it so you throw two or three projectiles for x seconds. Or even just one of the hams for health. The holy rosary would be a fun melee pick-up that would damage everyone else for x damage and flash the screen white and sound off its cool 16-bit undead-clearing sound effect.

And Castlevania-themed stages would rock, with acid pits, falling spiked platforms of doom, the occasional flying medusa heads in the background, etc. And I'd love... *LOVE*... to hear some orchestrated music from Castlevania IV. Them's fighting musics.

He even has his own "winner" music, in the form of the "level complete" music from the various games.

I don't see why they wouldn't enter him in. He's just plain "the man". And I think with the addition of Snake, Simon would be right at home with having more "life-like" features.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Oh yes, I'd love to see Simon Belmont in SSBB. And considering that he's already been in the SSB-style Dreammix TV World Fighters (along with Snake I might add...), it's not all that outlandish...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love Castlevania, but THE game I played as a lad was Castlevania 3. I'd prefer Trevor, but there is very little difference except naming semantics. To appease me, we might throw in Sypha the mage or Grant the Pirate, but they are entirely awesome... er, I mean optional. :lick:

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I mean, I love all the alternate chars in 3. It was refreshing and added some nice replay value. But Simon is the one I'd choose to be the sole representative of the universe. I am guessing that dotdotdot would as well, though, if it was down to just one rep.

Alucard would probably be my solid choice for an additional character. He has his own game (Symphony of the Night), and is probably the best-known character aside from Simon.

But for just one person, Simon all the way.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I was posting on Gamefaqs, I made up a character for Melee for Trevor Belmont, except that for every different costume he had, he would "Zelda/Sheik" change with DownB into either Sypha, Grant, Alucard, or a random character decided at the beginning of the match. A bit unwieldy, yes, but I remember quite a few wacky character ideas from back then. (My favorite is an Ice Climbers type team character, except you could switch between the two characters with the Taunt button. They were of Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen from Resident Evil Zero. But I'm going off-topic.)

Yeah, Simon would be a more proper choice, But Trevor has always been my favorite Belmont (Too bad he was only ever in one game, two if you count Legacy. They need to remake CV3, hardcore.)

Shark X

Smash Lord
Wow, I guess this is the official thread for Simon Belmont. Sad...

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Simon, or the Castlevania series, but I strongly believe he belongs in this just as much as Snake, Sonic, and MegaMan.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think they should just have the other belmonts as the color changes, since they are all from the same family line an junt. But yeah, Simon would rock, and he is a gaming icon, and that franchise helped make Nintendo what it is today.

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
B = Dagger
Up+B = Axe
Down+B = Holy Water
Forward+B = Boomerang

His whip would work for any of the A moves, both ground and air. Neutral A would be him flinging his whip around like he did in Castlevania IV.

It's perfect. And Simon would look awesome.

Shark X, I am also sad that this is the closest thing to an official Simon Belmont thread. This likely means that he won't be in the game. Bah! But one can still dream.

Mega Man should also be a solid choice. He, like Simon, has enough cool tricks to cover all the moves logically without batting an eye.

Thanks for your support, y'all. Tell your friends about this thread. We can take pride in the fact that if Simon makes it in the game, we had something to do with it.

Maybe. heh.

Shark X

Smash Lord
MegaMan, Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, and Simon Belmont. What do they all have in common? they made Nintendo what it is today. MegaMan and Simon Belmont. What do they have in common? They betrayed Nintedo and ditched them :mad: But they are still cool, and both fitting to be in this game. We now know Konami characters have a chance, but I still wonder about Capcom...

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
We could get Ryu or Ken from Capcom. Over+B and Up+B are dead ringers. "Hadooooken!"
And the dash+A would be the Hurricane Kick. But he's not a NES original or a "founding father" of games, and I think those take precidence.

The Altered Beast dudes, for instance. Their "intro" bit would be "Rise from the Grave!" in that awesome 8-bit voice.

Or Cats! He could fly in and be all like, "All your base are belong to us!" And if he wins he could say, "Ha ha ha!" But across the screen would be, "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha". I have no idea what his moves would be.

But back on topic: Go Simon woo!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, that build has no recovery move. That axe move would make him very Yoshi-like. How about you move the Axe to his normal B, get rid of his knife (Or have him use it in his A moves) and make UpB into some kind of Whip recover, like he does a little third hop and sends out his whip above himself. If he hits an enemy, he would piggyback off of them, like what the Ice Climbers do for their Up B.(That would make him a character it would be risky to edgeguard in the close-range, cuz he could send you tumbling under the stage with this move) If he simply grabs a ledge, he be able to hang off of it like Samus and Link can.

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
Good call on the no recovery. Got too gadget-happy. Maybe his Up+B could be him moonwalking up a flight of stairs backwards (like you could do in IV).

But on a serious note, I like the piggy back move. I was also thinking about grabbing the edge like Samus and Link, but realistically the whip doesn't have anything to grab with (like Sheik's chain). But I was thinking that maybe when he did an Up+B in the air he would swing from a whip ring (like in IV) and be able to swing once or twice. On the ground, maybe it could still be the axe. I think Simon's fair would give him some decent horizontal recovery (like Marth's sword).

I'd like to think his forward+A could be tilted up or down like Fox's kick to be aimed up or down or center.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Oi,

I would change those B-Moves too. His Up-B could either be a Richter-like uppercut or the classic super-move for the cross, scaled down to be like the firefox. I mean the symbolism would be perfect.

But the problem is a lot of his moves are already used by other characters. Sheik basically has daggers and a whip. Yoshi has the formula of the axes. The only original thing left is the holy-water, or those infinitely bouncing geometry stones, but the lack of Enclosed spaces in Smash would make its use very limited.

And yes, of all the 3rd party characters [excluding Sonic] Belmont is my number one choice for smash. And you know, the Belmont could just be called Belmont by the announcer to encompass Simon, Trevor, Richter, and Juste in all the alternate costumes.

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
Sheik doesn't use the whip as her main weapon, though. Simon would use his whip as much as Marth or Roy uses their sword.

Although Link has the boomerang, this one would be slow enough to follow up behind it, and you could have up to two or three at a time on the screen, with their trademark, "tvee-tvee-tvee-tvee-tvee" sound effect.

The axe would differ because it would have a static, unchanging arc, but would travel through floors and travel faster.

I think there's enough uniqueness to make him a viable character in his own right.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I donno, though, you can't just make the whip do all of his moves, it's not like a sword where it can be swung in any slight way and still do damage.

The whip would work for Smashes and aerials, but tilts and neutrals would have to be set as punches and kicks. Maybe, just maybe they could make his moveset include the classic short-whip and long-whip. The short for tilts and the long for smashes, with the difference in length depending on how long you charged it.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
I've wanted Simon in the game forever. I'de actually prefer Alucard in the game,but his connections are more with Sony.

Simon w/ Whip

Nuetral Standing A - Whip Lash first step
Neutral Standing A,A - Whip lash followed by a back lash
Neutral Standing A,A,A,Etc - Rapid Whip Lash Flurry

Crouching A - Captain Falcon style sweep

Dashing A - Mario Style Slide

f+tilt A - Shiek style round house kick
u/f tilt A - Angled Whip Lash
D/f tilt A - Angled Kick

Nuetral Air A - Straight Posistioned Sex Kick ( Samus,Link,Falco,Shiek)
Forward Air A - Forward Angled Whip Lash
Up Air A - Yoshi,Fox,Falco Style Flip kick
Down Air A - Captain Falcon,Donkey Kong Style Foot Smash Meteor Spike

Forward A Smash - Very Strong Downwards Whip Lash
Down A Smash - Shiek/Mario style Break dance Attack
Up A Smash - Captain Falcon Style double up kicks

Grabs using his Whip , Can use the whip like Link/Samus to recover

B - Extends out whip limped. Using the C-Stick you control in which angle direction it flails (similar to shielks with some hit box,property differences)
Forward B - Throws his legendary Cross Boomerang ( acts like Links somewhat)
Down B - Takes out a holy water bottle item,throws and shatters on impact leaving blue flames
Up B Recovery - Leaps at an up forward arc also tossing an axe at the same time ( Up jump arc is like Ganon or Captain Falcons )

Also the music for his stage should be "Stained Glass Reflection" or "The Raven" from the Castlevania games.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
If they made a distinction between his aerial and ground based up-B, I'd be fine with him having up-B as an axe on the ground and an uppercut/Cross Aura in the air.

BTW, I like the idea of the lunging low-kick being an A-move, it's unorthodox for Smash but true to the character's game and only Kirby has done anything like it with his Dashing A, but hopefully Belmont's would be closer to a Wizard's Foot, than the Fire Kirby.

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
I think Simon could function quite well with an almost-exclusive whip repetoire. He'd definitely be a guy you'd have to get good with distancing, as tippers would logically do the most damage, as in IV (where you could swing it around anywhere, but it only did half damage as a solid whip swing). And as one accomplished with the whip, I think he'd be able to wing that thing around pretty much anywhere and have it hit where he wanted it to. An interesting gameplay mechanic would be instead of just pressing "A" to attack, you'd press and hold down "A" and aim in the direction you wanted to whip and the longer you held "A", the farther out the whip would attack (to a feasible max distance). The attack damage would be the same at any length, though. This would allow for the real life flexibility of using a whip (granted that you know how to wield one well), and make a unique attack style as well. Either that, or making how far away from neutral you are pushing the analog stick when you pushed "A" would be the determining factor in how far away the whip snapped.

I would envision the holy water as Oni described it. It would have a set distance that it would spread on both sides, and if it was close enough to an edge, it would fall off that edge at an angle (or just straight down).

I'm pretty neutral about what the charging A move is. Resting Fox's proposal is good by me. Not that I'm the deciding factor in what he actually does or anything.

I don't think Simon would breakdance for his dsmash. I don't imagine him being light on his feet like that. His agility seems to be more in his upper torso, though his legs would be strong (which is why the dash kick is good by me). I'd think more of a spiraling whip thing that starts close and gets wider as it goes around twice.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Oni Shinigami said:
I've wanted Simon in the game forever. I'de actually prefer Alucard in the game,but his connections are more with Sony.

Simon w/ Whip

Nuetral Standing A - Whip Lash first step
Neutral Standing A,A - Whip lash followed by a back lash
Neutral Standing A,A,A,Etc - Rapid Whip Lash Flurry

Crouching A - Captain Falcon style sweep

Dashing A - Mario Style Slide

f+tilt A - Shiek style round house kick
u/f tilt A - Angled Whip Lash
D/f tilt A - Angled Kick

Nuetral Air A - Straight Posistioned Sex Kick ( Samus,Link,Falco,Shiek)
Forward Air A - Forward Angled Whip Lash
Up Air A - Yoshi,Fox,Falco Style Flip kick
Down Air A - Captain Falcon,Donkey Kong Style Foot Smash Meteor Spike

Forward A Smash - Very Strong Downwards Whip Lash
Down A Smash - Shiek/Mario style Break dance Attack
Up A Smash - Captain Falcon Style double up kicks

Grabs using his Whip , Can use the whip like Link/Samus to recover

B - Extends out whip limped. Using the C-Stick you control in which angle direction it flails (similar to shielks with some hit box,property differences)
Forward B - Throws his legendary Cross Boomerang ( acts like Links somewhat)
Down B - Takes out a holy water bottle item,throws and shatters on impact leaving blue flames
Up B Recovery - Leaps at an up forward arc also tossing an axe at the same time ( Up jump arc is like Ganon or Captain Falcons )

Also the music for his stage should be "Stained Glass Reflection" or "The Raven" from the Castlevania games.
Changed up my move list for Simon.

Also incase no one knows who Simon Belmont is. He was original vampire slayer in the Castlevania series. He originally looked like a golden haired conan the barbarian style slayer,later on he was revamped into a new age animeish/gothic slayer with blazing crimson hair. As much as I like both of them,I prefer new age Simon.

New Age Simon - New Age Simon

Golden Age Simon - Golden Age Simon

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Considering his "New Age" look is the one that made it into that SSb clone Dreammix TV World Fighters, I don't think there's too much to worry about there. That's, of course, if he gets in the game - not very likely since Konami has already allowed Snake in the game, but considering the popularity of the Castlevania franchise, he still has a fighting chance.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I don't know if that's really a good reason, Lord Deathborne. I honestly think Snake was put into SSBB to preserve his character and maintain his legacy, seeing that Kojima already wants MGS to die off. It's sort of like how Yoshi's independent franchise has died, but his fans can stillplay him in Smash.

Now Castlevania may not be dead...yet, but I think we can all agree it's probably over it's hump, so giving it representation in Nintendo's Great Gaming History Museum, does seem about right. After all, the majority of the Castlevania games [and all but one of the great ones] came out on Nintendo systems.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I should have checked that post before submitting it...

What I meant was the overall importance to Nintendo's history, in which the Castlevania franchise is much more intregal to than that of Metal Gear.

EDIT: And I think it was actually two of the great ones that weren't released on Nintendo, being Dracula X: Rondo of Blood for the NEC PC-Engine (Turbografx-16) and Symphony of the Night for the PSX. Of course, most Western gamers associate Dracula X with the poor SNES port, since that was the only version we got due to the fact that the TG-16 was dead over here by the time the PC-Engine version was released in Japan...

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played many Castelvania games (maybe I'm the only one, but they seemed to awefully hard to me always :embarrass ), but I'd like to see Simon make an appearance. Of third party characters, I would think that Simon is one that is mostly associated with Nintendo. It would be cool to see Pit, Mega Man and Simon in SSBB (I know Captain N is mostly forgotten, but seeing the N Team would be awesome).

That's a nice enough moveset there, though a could imagine d-tilt being Simon doing a forward floor whip attack (like in the games) and it would be nice to see a whip swing integrated (when you hold the whip button in the game a the whip circles around with a very weak attack)

sligmasta

Smash Cadet
id think his upb would be the upper cut/super jump like in either of the games soma was in, just because it fits so well with the game mechanics, and the giant cross would have to be his super move, its so powerfull. the controlable whip is pretty cool, buti'd recomend making his regular b just bee the daggers as suggested earlier, sheiks chain is pretty usless in melee, and i dont think it would be any better in brawl.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm. I just thought of something. Zero Suit Samus, She uses a laser whip. Simon would bring whip characters up to 2. Thats trippy.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I've always said that Simon and (classic) Mega Man are the absolute most Nintendo of any 3rd party suggestions you hear tossed around.

Simon Belmont

A: Whip (overhead, straightens out before him, just like the C'Vania games)
A + A: Just keeps whipping; no combo or new move
> A: Sidewhip (whips from the side this time)
^A: Upwards Whip
V A: Whip Sweep
Smash > A: Whip Crack (whips it fast enough to crack it)
Smash ^ A: Whip Spin (spins the whip in a full circle many times, just like in later CV games, with the initial "crack" being the strongest part of the move)
Smash v A: Down-Angle Whip (cracks the whip just before him, similar to Mewtwo's Down Smash in effect)
Dash A: Sliding Kick

Air A: Kick
> A: Flail Whip (flails it before him)
< A: Whip Backarch (holds the whip lower and swings it to the overhead position, from behind)
^ A: Quick Spin (spins the whip very quickly in a small circle around his head)
V A: Downwards Whipcrack (one of his more powerful attacks)

Grab: Whips forwards, this time not as fast with a more unique means of throwing the whip (opponent is pulled towards him and coiled in the whip)
A: Stomps the opponent's foot
Forward: Lifts and pulls back as they unroll, then tosses them forwards. Not too strong. Tap Z again to add a few tossed daggers.
Back: Pulls back and whips them backwards. Stronger. Tap Z again to add a few tossed daggers.
Up: Leans back and throws them upwards off the whip. Not too strong.
Down: Slams them down into the ground twice in front of him, then jumps on their chest. Strong.

B: Ricochet Crystal - From Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Simon tosses this downwards at an angle, and it bounces off any walls it runs into. Lasts for about 5 bounces before it disappears, or the length of Pikachu's Thundershock flying in free space. Deals light damage, but can be used to surprise opponents, or get those pesky targets in Target Test :laugh:

> B: Cross/Axe - Reaches back. If you hold forward, Simon pulls back to throw a massive cross boomerang, then lets go. It travels about the distance of two, maybe two and a half, Bowsers, and deals heavy damage as it hits. It doesn't return to his hand automatically, and he doesn't need to catch it. Simon can only have one out at a time, however. Smashing doesn't make a difference. If you hold up, Simon tosses an axe, which flies upwards in an arch dealing heavy damage as it drives downwards from its peak. Cannot be smashed.

^ B: Roc's Wing - Actually Nathan Graves', from Circle of the Moon. Simon glows blow and does a high leap upwards at an angle. He gives low knockback to whoever he hits, and does a small roll before coming out of the jump.

V B: Holy Water - Simon tosses down a vial of holy water that smashes and burns a small trail of blue fire before him. In the air, goes down at an angle still. If it hits somebody directly, they are burned like PK Fire in the blue flames, but the fire itself does not travel down on its own. Still deals combo damage as they are hit. If somebody is foolish enough to walk into an already burning fire, they will suffer heavy damage.

Super Move: Stopwatch - Instead of stopping time, this time around it just slows things down for Simon. Everything but Simon is slowed to about 1/4 Speed for 8 seconds, while Simon, slowed to 1/2, gets full advantage of his extra speed.

Notes:
-Out of 5 -- Speed: 2.5, Power: 3.75, Weight: 3.9, Jump: 2.5, Gravity: 4.25
-The tip of Simon's whip is its strongest point. It gets high-priority in most cases, and deals more power on average, a la Marth's Falchion.
-When Smashing/cracking the whip, you'll notice Simon's Vampire Killer gains little thorns on its tip. A little easter egg ;)
-As a CPU on a team with either Mega Man or Pit, Simon fights a little harder.
-Simon's whip can be used to stop some projectiles if he catches them as he's swinging.

Taunt: Curls his whip and poses, with a very serious, ***-kicking face on as he stands tall.

Entrance: Walks out of the arena floor, as if he were on stairs XD

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the famous retro Simon hair and a whip of his own

Win Poses:
1. Simon cracks the Vampire Killer on the ground in front of him, and stands with it at his side, with a very serious face
2. Simon strokes his chin with one hand looking off to the side, while the other hand holds the whip
3. Simon kneels down with his back to the players, as if he were praying

So, you guys likey?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
FlipTroopa said:
I've always said that Simon and (classic) Mega Man are the absolute most Nintendo of any 3rd party suggestions you hear tossed around.

Simon Belmont

A: Whip (overhead, straightens out before him, just like the C'Vania games)
A + A: Just keeps whipping; no combo or new move
> A: Sidewhip (whips from the side this time)
^A: Upwards Whip
V A: Whip Sweep
Smash > A: Whip Crack (whips it fast enough to crack it)
Smash ^ A: Whip Spin (spins the whip in a full circle many times, just like in later CV games, with the initial "crack" being the strongest part of the move)
Smash v A: Down-Angle Whip (cracks the whip just before him, similar to Mewtwo's Down Smash in effect)
Dash A: Sliding Kick

Air A: Kick
> A: Flail Whip (flails it before him)
< A: Whip Backarch (holds the whip lower and swings it to the overhead position, from behind)
^ A: Axe (works a little funky: he swings the axe overhead, dealing good damage. If he double taps A when using this attack, the axe flies upwards from his hands in an arch, but disappears soon after it hits its peak. Unique because it is the first A attack that is a projectile in Smash Bros.)
V A: Downwards Whipcrack (one of his more powerful attacks)

Grab: Whips forwards, this time not as fast with a more unique means of throwing the whip (opponent is pulled towards him and coiled in the whip)
A: Stomps the opponent's foot
Forward: Lifts and pulls back as they unroll, then tosses them forwards. Not too strong. Tap Z again to add a few tossed daggers.
Back: Pulls back and whips them backwards. Stronger. Tap Z again to add a few tossed daggers.
Up: Leans back and throws them upwards off the whip. Not too strong.
Down: Slams them down into the ground twice in front of him, then jumps on their chest. Strong.

B: Ricochet Crystal - From Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Simon tosses this downwards at an angle, and it bounces off any walls it runs into. Lasts for about 5 bounces before it disappears, or the length of Pikachu's Thundershock flying in free space. Deals light damage, but can be used to surprise opponents, or get those pesky targets in Target Test :laugh:

> B: Cross - Pulls back to throw a massive cross boomerang, then lets go. It travels about the distance of two, maybe two and a half, Bowsers, and deals heavy damage as it hits. It doesn't return to his hand automatically, and he doesn't need to catch it. Simon can only have one out at a time, however. Smashing doesn't make a difference.

^ B: Roc's Wing - Actually Nathan Graves', from Circle of the Moon. Simon glows blow and does a high leap upwards at an angle. He gives low knockback to whoever he hits, and does a small roll before coming out of the jump.

V B: Holy Water - Simon tosses down a vial of holy water that smashes and burns a small trail of blue fire before him. In the air, goes down at an angle still. If it hits somebody directly, they are burned like PK Fire in the blue flames, but the fire itself does not travel down on its own. Still deals combo damage as they are hit. If somebody is foolish enough to walk into an already burning fire, they will suffer heavy damage.

Super Move: Stopwatch - Instead of stopping time, this time around it just slows things down for Simon. Everything but Simon is slowed to about 1/4 Speed for 8 seconds, while Simon, slowed to 1/2, gets full advantage of his extra speed.

Notes:
-Out of 5 -- Speed: 2.5, Power: 3.75, Weight: 3.9, Jump: 2.5, Gravity: 4.25
-The tip of Simon's whip is its strongest point. It gets high-priority in most cases, and deals more power on average, a la Marth's Falchion.
-When Smashing/cracking the whip, you'll notice Simon's Vampire Killer gains little thorns on its tip. A little easter egg ;)
-As a CPU on a team with either Mega Man or Pit, Simon fights a little harder.
-Simon's whip can be used to stop some projectiles if he catches them as he's swinging.

Taunt: Curls his whip and poses, with a very serious, ***-kicking face on as he stands tall.

Entrance: Walks out of the arena floor, as if he were on stairs XD

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the famous retro Simon hair and a whip of his own

Win Poses:
1. Simon cracks the Vampire Killer on the ground in front of him, and stands with it at his side, with a very serious face
2. Simon strokes his chin with one hand looking off to the side, while the other hand holds the whip
3. Simon kneels down with his back to the players, as if he were praying

So, you guys likey?
Heh, the Roc's Feather was also an item for Link in Four Sword adventure and Link's Awakening. Maybe you'd like to change Simon's to a different Hi-jump artifact from the Castlevania universe. Perhaps the Griphon wing (Is that an actual CV item? I don't know)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It was weird with the axe, because I wanted to include all his subweapons, and the crystal was definitely Simon unique (it was in Symphony, yeah, but Simon got it first :p). Maybe he can alternate between the axe and the cross? Forward B he reaches back if you tap up he throws an axe, and forwards the cross. Eh?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Sounds similar in principal to Marth's B-Forward. I also really like your stopwatch supermove idea. Maybe in addition to slowing down other characters' movements, Simon could deal 2x or even 3x damage.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
In a perfect world Alucard would be in the game. Because who are we kidding,Symphony of the Night was the best Castlevania game ever and it spawned all the great handheld games that came later.

"DARK METAMORPHISIS"

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lord_Deathborne said:
Sounds similar in principal to Marth's B-Forward. I also really like your stopwatch supermove idea. Maybe in addition to slowing down other characters' movements, Simon could deal 2x or even 3x damage.
Muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda ZA WARUDO!

Yeah... sorry. My inner /b/tard came out a little there.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Oni Shinigami said:
In a perfect world Alucard would be in the game. Because who are we kidding,Symphony of the Night was the best Castlevania game ever and it spawned all the great handheld games that came later.

"DARK METAMORPHISIS"
That claim is debatable - many would say the same for Castlevania III, Super Castlevania IV, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (NEC PC Engine version). SotN was infact a direct sequal to DracX.

Alucard is a great character, but the fact remains that he is still only second to Simon Belmont.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Lord_Deathborne said:
That claim is debatable - many would say the same for Castlevania III, Super Castlevania IV, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (NEC PC Engine version). SotN was infact a direct sequal to DracX.

Alucard is a great character, but the fact remains that he is still only second to Simon Belmont.
SOTN was the first Castlevania game to include as many rpg elements as it did though correct. I don't remember leveling up in Dracx,or upgrading my equipment by using alternative means ( The blood Sword in SOTN ). Or as clearly showing all your statistics as SOTN.

I could be wrong,it's been a while. Please correct me if so.

Simon Belmont is the grand king of awesome when it comes to the belmont family,but for me it will always be

Alucard>Simon

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oni Shinigami said:
SOTN was the first Castlevania game to include as many rpg elements as it did though correct. I don't remember leveling up in Dracx,or upgrading my equipment by using alternative means ( The blood Sword in SOTN ). Or as clearly showing all your statistics as SOTN.

I could be wrong,it's been a while. Please correct me if so.

Simon Belmont is the grand king of awesome when it comes to the belmont family,but for me it will always be

Alucard>Simon
You gotta remember. RPG elements do not equel best castlevania ever. My personal pick is CV3, because of the system of using the other characters as well as Trevor (It's part of the reason I love Julius Mode on CVDS, and why I'm so excited for Portrait of Ruin. Two characters at the same time baby!)

And for the record, CV2 was the first one to introduce RPG elements. You leveled up, bought equipment, had to equip things, and had to use items to get to different areas, just like SOTN. True, your stats weren't shown as explicitly, but then again, it was just your lifebar and how many hits it took for you to kill things.

As for Grand king of awesome in the belmont family, I'm sorry, but Trevor will always own Simon in my mind. >:3

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Still, I believe Simon should be the one to represent the series for two obvious reasons:

1) Starred in the first Castlevania game.
2) Starred in the most Castlevania games.

No other Castlevania character comes close to matching Simon's legacy (though Alucard and Trevor are catching up). Also, keep in mind Simon was the one picked to represent the franchise in that DreamMix TV game. But I think that we can all agree that the Castlevania series NEEDS some representation in SSBB.

Serp

Smash Cadet
dotdotdot! said:
When I was posting on Gamefaqs, I made up a character for Melee for Trevor Belmont, except that for every different costume he had, he would "Zelda/Sheik" change with DownB into either Sypha, Grant, Alucard, or a random character decided at the beginning of the match. A bit unwieldy, yes, but I remember quite a few wacky character ideas from back then. (My favorite is an Ice Climbers type team character, except you could switch between the two characters with the Taunt button. They were of Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen from Resident Evil Zero. But I'm going off-topic.)

Yeah, Simon would be a more proper choice, But Trevor has always been my favorite Belmont (Too bad he was only ever in one game, two if you count Legacy. They need to remake CV3, hardcore.)

This would be great except you can't make it based on costume because what if 2 people play Simon and they both want Alucard? You can't let them fist fight over it. They'd have to make some selector thing, but great idea!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Serp said:
This would be great except you can't make it based on costume because what if 2 people play Simon and they both want Alucard? You can't let them fist fight over it. They'd have to make some selector thing, but great idea!
Well, I had it rigged up so that if one person wanted to play as Trevor, he could choose the Normal costume for Sypha, the Simon CV2 costume for Grant, the Richter Belmont costume for Alucard, and a fourth costume (at the time I think I made it after the "doppleganger" boss fight in CV3. Everyones favorite boss fight [/sarcasm]) for "random." If you wanted to have two characters be the same, I'd say that one should choose the costume and the other should choose the doppleganger, and it would automatically copy the other Trevor's alt. character. For more than two trevors. I dunno. 50/50 chance I guess.

Top Bottom