• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hello everyone, and welcome to the topic dedicated to my picks for Brawls... with pictures!

Now, I know what you're thinking:

you said:
But McFox, you don't allow topics like these! You always close these right away, so why do you get to make one???!1
There's a simple answer for that, and it's that I don't always close topics like these. When someone just makes a list of the characters they want to see, I close it, because FlipTroopa's "Argue YOUR Final Roster!" topic adequately covers simple lists of characters people want to see.

However, when someone actually thinks their lists through, and provides reasons the characters should be in and why they'd be great (and other things of that nature), I leave it open. I've done it several times, and you can go back and check if you don't believe me.

Why do I leave these topics open? Because, unlike a simple list, topics of this nature can spark real discussions on which kinds of character can and can't (and should and shouldn't) be included in the game, which is exactly what this room was created for. So with all of that in mind, I present to you, the following.

I've spread it out over four posts, because I can't remember the image limit per post, but this should be adequate. I've grouped the four sets of characters into four distinct groups: Likely Characters, Fairly Likely Characters, Improbable but Not Impossible Characters, and No Chance in Hell Characters that Should Be In. Keep in mind, these distinct classes do not mean that I like the characters any less. I've taken the characters that I think should be in the most, and then I weighed them on how much of a chance they really have. Just because a character has no chance in hell doesn't mean I love them any less. Also, keep in mind as you read the following that my picks for returning characters to Brawl are all of them except: Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link. So here we go!

Likely Characters

Diddy Kong
Ah yes, Diddy (WITHOUT Dixie). He's been a staple of the Donkey Kong franchise almost as long as the big DK himself. There's no question that the original Donkey Kong (the game) is one of the most influential games of all time, and Diddy didn't appear there, nor in either of the original Donkey Kong's sequels. But starting with Donkey Kong Country (where most of the current DK lore comes from), Diddy has been appearing side by side with the big man. He's got plenty of potential, from his guitar (pictured above), to his peanut pop-guns, to his jetpack. His moveset practically writes itself, and if Diddy doesn't appear in the game, it'll be a true travesty.
If you're wondering what this is, it's so that you don't see pictures of characters before you're ready to read about them. :)

Krystal
Here's a controversial one. Adapted from a scrapped Rare game, the adventures of the Starfox gang that involve Krystal are usually seen as lackluster at best. However, there's no question that using her staff from Dinosaur Planet (pictured above) would make her a great fighter in Brawl. There are a lot of people clamoring for spear characters from Fire Emblem, but wouldn't a magical staff play very similarly to a spear? Not to mention the staff's powers. Krystal would be a great addition.

Dedede
King Dedede, the big penguin himself. He's a very likely character who is also a penguin. Penguins are great. The more penguins Brawl has, the better. Have I mentioned that he's a penguin? And that penguins rule?
Penguin...

Ridley
One of Samus' most recognizable enemies, and he's appeared almost as many times as she has. People have mentioned Kraid, or Metroids being Samus' main enemy, but in reality, Ridley has only NOT appeared in two Metroid games. He's almost always present to torment and try to destroy Samus in some way. And throughout his many appearances, he has amassed a large number of moves that could easily be used in the game. And despite his fearsome appearance, he is also highly intelligent, making him that much more interesting.

Sonic
Yep, everyone's favorite blue blur (because, let's face it, he's the only one). Possibly the most controversial possible addition to the game, but I fully support Sonic 100%. He's almost as much a part of Nintendo's history (to Americans anyway) as Mario himself, and the two have been bitter rivals for years. Another moveset that practically writes itself, Sonic would be an excellent character addition. A super-fast combo character with little knockback abilities.

Balloon Fighter
The Balloon Fighter, you ask? Yes, the Balloon Fighter, I reply. The Balloon Fighter was rumored to be appearing in Melee (rumors go on to say he was actually playable in the beta version of the game). If you can't see him working in the game, I ask you, have you ever played his game? Yes, it is rather limited, but taking away his infinite flying ability (much like they did to Kirby), the Balloon Fighter could easily make a great character. Giving him some other attacks wouldn't be completely out of the question either.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Fairly Likely Characters

Geno
Aha, another controversial one. He's technically owned by Square, but he belongs only to the Mario universe. So which is it? Well, I can't see Square having any problems with lending Geno (again) to Nintendo. The addition of their logo in the credits would almost be worth it by itself. Geno would be an excellent character, with many of his moves being able to be lifted directly from his single game (not including his cameo in M&L).

Megaman
From what I've seen, the second-most-requested third party character. And why not? Megaman has dozens and dozens of powers at his disposal that could easily be implemented into a fighting game (in fact, they already have, see Marvel vs. Capcom). Not to mention that he, like Solid Snake himself, got his start on the Nintendo. Good luck to you Megaman. :)

Wolf
Like Kraid, many people seem to choose Andross to appear as Fox's enemy, but how much sense does that make? Andross is basically Master and Crazy Hand with a face. Wolf, on the other hand, would be a great playable character. And to all those who think he'd be a Fox clone, you're crazy. He could EASILY have a completely different moveset, and he'd be great using it.

Lucas
From the recently released Mother 3 (Japan only), Sakurai has already shown interest in the character. Like Ness, Lucas has psychic powers, and would be a great addition. If I knew more about him, I could put more information down here, but more psychic characters (as opposed to sword characters) can't hurt.

Olimar
One of my favorite pictures I've drawn. But anyway, the Pikmin series wasn't really one of Nintendo's best-sellers, it might be better defined as a cult-classic in the vein of Katamary Damacy. However, Olimar with his Pikmin would be an excellent addition to the game. The Piklopedia from Pikmin 2 in and of itself would be much better than Melee's trophy system, as it expands so much more from simply displaying information. Not to mention that each Pikmin has different properties and abilities. Olimar would be a great addition.

Stafy
Another Japan-only character, but one that will hopefully make the jump to America, as his games seem incredibly fun. This is another character that a moveset for them simply jumps out at you just by looking at his games. Putting Stafy in the game could easily be the thing that he needs to get him noticed in the West.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Improbable but Not Impossible Characters

Fawful
Fawful is an interesting character, in that he used to get suggested all the time. I've been at these boards for a long time, and for a very long time, everyone thought he would be great. And then, right around the time when Brawl was actually announced, support for Fawful wained. Why? Fawful is completely hilarious, and he would have a great moveset, thanks to his all-purpose cranial protection dome. Fawful will bring the mustard of your doom!
HE HAS FURY!!!

Tom Nook
Another one where you ask me, "McFox, what the hell are you smoking?" Not a thing, my friend, not a thing. Tom Nook could have a great gardening and fishing based movesets. And what I find funny about that is that I'm not kidding. He would have a humorous moveset in the vein of Peach being able to smack people with a frying pan. When a little tanooki pulls out a shovel and smacks you around with it, you know you've got a AAA title on your hands.

Hector
My only new Fire Emblem pick. I haven't actually played any FE games yet, but the games sound incredibly fun. You may be wondering why I didn't choose Ike (who everyone chooses), and my simple answer is that Ike is yet another sword user. I'd much rather have a guy with a big ole' ax to swing around. Yes to Hector.

Skull Kid
Ah ha, one of my favorite picks of all time. Wearing the Majora's Mask instantly makes the Skull Kid incredibly creepy, as he does really no emoting at all. Also, if you are not familiar with my idea for him, the basic idea is that Majora's Mask gives Skull Kid the tentacles that Majora itself uses in your final fight with it in the game. But since Majora's Wrath (Majora's Mask's final form) is incredibly ugly and nowhere near as cool as the Skull Kid, I decided that the Skull Kid should still have access to those powers.

Kamek
Kamek! Another character people seem to support less now (since Brawl's revelation). I've always liked Kamek (definitely more than Kammy Koopa), and he's been a staple with the Mario series for a long time running now. Kamek is interesting in that his moveset can easily be expanded beyond what we already know about him (which isn't much). He's got the power to turn blocks into enemies (Super Mario World), and he's got the power to make people huge or tiny (Super Mario World 2). With magic like that, it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to gain more magical powers.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No Chance in Hell Characters that Should Be In

Hitmonlee
One of my Pokemon picks based completely on the cool factor (and you know what my other pick is, if you've been here for more than a day). Hitmonlee has something that can't be defined, much like Fonzie or Jack Black. You KNOW they're awesome, but you can't really explain why. That's how it is with Hitmonlee.

Paras
My OTHER Pokemon pick (and you knew that was coming)! Ah yes, Paras, the greatest Pokemon ever. Why, you ask? If you have just joined the forum, you are likely confused. If you don't understand this pick, then you obviously have never seen the greatest episode of the Pokemon TV series: The Problem with Paras. In it, Paras kicks Pikachu and Charmeleon's ***es. Yes, Charmeleon, you fools. You know why? Because Paras used Spore, and Spore has 100% accuracy, IE it can't be beat. Paras is the greatest Pokemon ever, and anyone who doesn't agree with that is wrong. I've come up with a great moveset for Paras, which you could probably easily find by Searching, since I seem to be the only intelligent person on the forum who talks about Paras.
Paras rules, your favorite Pokemon sucks...

Koopa Troopa
Yes yes yes, I know a lot of you cretins don't think "generic" people should get into the game, UNLESS of course they're Pokemon. So I submit to you: what category does Yoshi fit in? Well, you would say that Yoshi is an entire species, but there's obviously a specific Yoshi that appears in the sports and Mario games. That is THE Yoshi, and the others are just other Yoshis. Well, how is Koopa Troopa any different? Koopa Troopa's been a staple playable Nintendo character in many, MANY games, starting with Super Mario Kart, and his appearances grow every day. I say to you that it is the SAME Koopa Troopa, a specific one, that keeps appearing as a playable character in all of these games.
So ha...

Prince
The Prince of all Cosmos! You can see him here sporting his Rekoilamary BallTM! I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see him with a Katamary physically attached to him with a length of bungee rope, able to hit it out to stick people to, and then reel it back in. The Prince is a great character, and his Rekoilamary antics would be a hilarious addition to the game.

So there you go! Now I know one more thing that you're thinking:

you said:
But McFox, you forgot X character!
I anticipated this, and so I bring you one final picture!

Seriously, this is a special picture...
Are you sure you can handle it?
I mean this picture is really intense...
I'm not lying to you, I'm not sure you can handle it...
Seriously, are you at least sitting down or something?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I honestly burned my eyes on that last one.

I started leaning closer and closer to the monitor, then WHAM.

Anyways, I think these are all really logical picks, McFox. The only ones I disagree with are Sonic and Megaman. I'd like it if Nintendo stuck with a majority of Nintendo characters, and not crossed over the line a bit too much, if you know what I mean.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Look, if you have a problem with my moderating style, you can take it up with the forum leadership in the Disputes section.

I have a friend who has been saying Hector will be in it for 2 years

Edit: and stop flaming

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Scav, I am the forum leadership. :p

And the last pic is all the characters I hate and am tired of hearing about. It's a picture of them all dying in a fire. :) The characters in that picture are:

Cloud Strife
Petey Piranha
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Plusle and Minun
Sephiroth
Wind Waker Link
Munchlax
Blaziken
Shadow
Toadsworth
Meowth
Waluigi
Boshi

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
That's it, I'm telling Toomin. Enjoy your IP ban.

I vote we use the last picture for closing unneeded character topics from now on.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Who is Toomin? There is a forum leader?

Edit: I just checked Toomin's profile. His is almost exactly like yours McFox. What is up with that?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I changed my username to Toomin for a while, but people b****ed about it, so I switched it back. Then, Mic made a new Toomin account to impersonate me.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Those pictures are the grestest. I've never seen Olimar or Paras for that matter look so cool. But besides that, those are good character choices and you back each of them up with well thought out logical arguments.

The last picture is the best not only for appearence and fire but also because no character I support ended up on it.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Why did you have to burn munchie?
good choices (first 10) expect maybe olimar & baloon
(pikmin ramapge item ftw!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
That last pic pwns, sodo the other ones, geno, megaman and Olimar looks incredibly bad ***, this is without of a doubt: BEST THREAD EVER!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So wait. You are capable of being banned? I thought you were an administrator.
I could be banned by a mod through the ModCP, but I've got access to the AdminCP, so I could unban myself. Only Kirby King or Gideon or Amorasaki could completely get rid of me, first by taking away my Admin powers, and THEN banning me. But no, I just switched my name. People didn't like it, so I switched it back to McFox, and then Mic remade the Toomin account (since the name was available again) so people would still think it was me.

And thanks for the compliments on the pictures, it took a while for me to do them. :)

And I burned Munchlax because he sucks.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
okay, so here are MY opinins on your choices:

diddy: okay
krystal: dont care to much for her, but she seems like a fine addition
dedede: 0mFg Y3s!!!!!!!!111one
ridley: hell yah
sonic: heelz yes
ballon fighter:....meh.
geno:...hmm. sorta mixed reactions on this one. okay, only if he counts as 1st party. 1st: yes 3rd: HELL NOEZ!
megaman: same reaction as sonic
wolf: okay
lucas: meh, perhaps
olimar: yes plz
stafy: LOLWTFBBQ YEEES BIZNITCH!
fawful:....no.....just no.
tom nook: sure
hector: yes
skull kid:....majora...fanboyism...rising.....OMFGZ SKULL KID SUX!!!111 MAJORA IS TEH BUTTSECKS!!!!
kamek: okay, no
hitmonlee: I wish :(
paras: no
koopa troopa: no
prince: okay

and these are my opinions for the people you hate:

Petey Piranha: dont expect him, so thats okay
Bowser Jr.: WTF!!?? bowsa jr is cool!!!!
Daisy: yah, shes a whor
Plusle and Minun: not plusle and minun! :(
Sephiroth: I wish he was in, but he has no chance :(
Wind Waker Link: you lose mcFox
Munchlax: poor muchy :(
Blaziken: meh, not as cool as deoxys, so die >:3
Shadow: poor shadow :(
Toadsworth: I hate toadsworth! BURN!
Meowth: NOOOOOO! NOT MEOWTH!!!
Waluigi: poor him :(
Boshi: yah, he sucks
cloud:................
........oh
........you
........did
........not
........just

(just kidding, but still, :( )

greenblob

Smash Lord
I predict a giant boom of these threads in the near future.
And using Nintendo's logic, Munchlax seems to have the highest chance of being one of the new Pokemon in Brawl.

Well, anyway, I thought the pictures were cool. But again, I think you just started a giant chain reaction. I expect this forum to be swamped with similar threads.

kaid

Smash Master
I would add one more character to the "Should be in, but no way in hell." As far as I know, they are the only characters that literally have NO chance... but SHOULD BE IN ANYWAY.

I Give you....

The Bear and Bird! BANJO & KAZOOIE!!!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I predict a giant boom of these threads in the near future.
And using Nintendo's logic, Munchlax seems to have the highest chance of being one of the new Pokemon in Brawl.

Well, anyway, I thought the pictures were cool. But again, I think you just started a giant chain reaction. I expect this forum to be swamped with similar threads.
Wether he made this thread or not, people are still going to spam crap anyway.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I am sick and tired of these n00bs making threads about their personal choices for Brawl. Does anyone even know this joker?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Hey, sorry, but I find the idea of Cloud's hair on fire to be incredibly funny.
As do I. Cloud needs to have his hair on fire so he could suffer major burns and spend the next couple of years in the hospital rehabiliting. Then Squenix can stop making FFVII spin-offs for a while and focus their attention on making new games.

REØ

Smash Lord
I have the perfect anti-paras move set.

Yes it will make paras look like crap.

No paras cannot defeat it.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
OK, well, I actually read the list and I agree with every single character. Cept for Bowser Jr being on fire. It does not make sensch. And I agree with whoever posted beforehand, Banjo should be included in the "no chance of making it in" part. Cuz, come on. It's Banjo-freaking-Kazooie.

PS: Why isn't Vaati or Majora *shudders* in the burning picture?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Man some ****** is neg repping me for no reason in the Pool Room! I'm not even doing anything at all! Fine, whatever. Yeah, most of these characters are cool but then again some are not. *coughKoopacough*

Top Bottom