• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, I have to say that I agree with most of your choices, and you're positions on them. However, I, personally would have swapped out one or two of them (Stafy-Demiru, Skull Kid-Kafei). I found the burning pit image a tad immature, but hey, whatever gets you through the day.

Also, since I noticed you didn't know too much about Lucas, allow me to enlighten you:

Sakurai stated on the Japanese Melee site that he was originally planning on replacing Ness with the Protagonist of Mother 3 for Melee, but since Mother 3 on the N64 was cancelled, he wound up going back to Ness. Also, Satoru Iwata, creator and owner of the Mother franchise, has confirmed that Mother 3 music is being produced for an upcoming game. While he didn't say exactly which game, what other upcoming game needs music from other games?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I didn't mean Balloon Fighter as generic, I meant the other person, not gonna go look for it.

Second, I've played all the English FE games Burrito, and if you have been on any of the other FE threads, you'll know why Ike S**KS A**. He is the most cliche of storylines, which wouldn't be too bad if they made it more appealing. FE7 was a little generic, but they kept me interested with sidestories like Jaffar&Nino and with twists like Jaffar coming to our side.

Ike had the most cliche storyline, with the most cliche background, with the most generic people. Sepheran even says IN-GAME that Ike is cliche. Come on, isn't Mercenary-going-Hero the oldest trick in the book? Yes. I knew what was going to happen since I started the game. And I don't like that.

And Ike's a chump. BURN HIM MCFOX, FOR THE SAKE OF ALL GOOD STORYLINES OUT THERE NOW AND TO BE CREATED, BURN HIM!

D

Deleted member

Ike isn't cliche in Fire Emblem. Usualy its the boring Lords.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I forgot, Mcfox gets +rep for putting Stafy, Balloon Fighter, Kamek and Skull Kid in this list and burning Petey, Daisy, nToadswoth. Sephiroth and Shadow.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was so happy after I saw the plusle and minum in the last pic... still u should add in the last pic Ash the pokemon trainer, I wanna see him burning in pain, that way everyone wins XD...

parrothead

Smash Lord
The only character that I support for SSBB that you admire the most is Stafy. And I'm happy to not see any of the other characters I'm supporting for SSBB in the fire pit. If Demiru doesn't enter as a playable character, then I'll have to convert him (and a few other characters I admire) to MUGEN.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Erm, Emperor McFox? Must we all swear an oath of allegiance or something now?
McFox is just a figure head. We all know Gideon holds the ultimate power at SmashBoards. Gideon . . . possesses Marth's F-Tilt.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I love how everyone thinks Ike is not cliche. You really can't compete with it, they said it IN-GAME. Such is the life of the stubborn.

I support Prince!!!!

[Oh wait...THAT Prince....I thought you meant the COOL ONE from Prince of Persia. Prince of Persia would roxor everyone's soxor. NO JK!]

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
McFox are you going to but more pic's like the one you did or something else? If you ask me
and everyone else I don't totally agree with the list.
But still great job!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep lets put bill gates in there while were at it lol, I wanna c ash the msot... *Imagines ash in the fire* BURN, BURN IN HELL!!!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
That is quite a good list. I don't really agree with every single character, but thats to be expected.

Your top four are right on, Fawful is awesome, and you get big props for including the Prince of all Cosmos. I probably would have thrown in Phoenix Wright (of course), and would have had Toad instead of Baloon Fighter, but thats just me.

Also, I would probably throw Koopa Troopa (along with Shyguy and other characters like that) into the burning pit. sorry.

Edit:

Oh! Extra props for Captain Olimar. You rock.

And I forbid Lucas from getting in if he replaces Ness. I would rather have a major character from Mother 2 and a secondary (non-Flint) one from Mother 3, Preferably Duster. So in my personal list, I would have to replace Lucas with Duster.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
I came back to Smashboards Brawl topics to see what's going on, and I found THIS?...
Ok, guess I'll see you guys in another 2 months.
One more thing, excellent art McFox. Hope you have a deviantart account.

burrito

Smash Lord
I love how everyone thinks Ike is not cliche. You really can't compete with it, they said it IN-GAME. Such is the life of the stubborn.
Honestly, I don't mind cliches, as long as something is well written because it's hard to make something that completely avoids cliches. Marth seems pretty cliche himself, a Prince exiled from his country by the evil invaders and leads a revolt. I guess I can see why you don't like Ike, though.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Thank you Burrito. I actually do agree with you, if they tweak it right, most cliche stories can be entertaining. However, Mercenary-turned-Hero is probably the oldest in the book. I would have been fine with it if they added some more storyline. The problem was they really pushed the fact that Ike was mercenary-turned-heo and completely focused on it. It didn't grab me in the least.

Dragon Quest VIII was probably the oldest story in the book (making Ike's the second oldest), but with fun and interesting characters and minor plot twists kept me interested. Today, it is one of my favorite RPG's.

In fact, a recent issue of GamePro had an article called "Top 5 ways to save RPG's." Number 1 was "less with the epics." Meaning, more down to earth stories of a boy searching for a cure for his mother, etc etc.

PS: Munchlax can burn! But Snorlax would kick everyone's butts. He's too awesome to be a character, so they dumbed him down to a pokeball.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
What is with the overflow of Ike haters. The fact is that a lot more ppl like that game than ppl who hate it. I, mean it was a great game with great chars and a lot of ppl, including me, liked Ike. Their not going to leave Ike out just b/c there's like 5 swordfighters in a game where they expect 40+ chars. He's well liked in Japan and the States.

P.S. FE: PoR is more about a boy becoming a man, than a mercenary turned good. That just goes to show you never played the game.

burrito

Smash Lord
P.S. FE: PoR is more about a boy becoming a man, than a mercenary turned good. That just goes to show you never played the game.
uhhh... he obviously played it, though. He's alread said he's played it, why would he lie about that?

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Thank you Burrito. I actually do agree with you, if they tweak it right, most cliche stories can be entertaining. However, Mercenary-turned-Hero is probably the oldest in the book. I would have been fine with it if they added some more storyline. The problem was they really pushed the fact that Ike was mercenary-turned-heo and completely focused on it. It didn't grab me in the least.
*shrug* whatever you say, I liked the story. Would you really mind if Marth got an alternate Ike costume? He could have alternate costumes some of the other lords, too. I think that's a good compromise.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Did you really draw those pics? Oh snap

*looks at drawing book in shame and tosses into conveinently placed fireplace*

I couldn't see Sephiroth in the last pic

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just bothered to read this topic, and McFox, I friggn' love you like a man could love a woman. This list is almost 100% Perfect.

The only pics I would argue with you are:

Koopa Troopa: Lets face it, we all want Kamek, but, do we really need more Koopas than what we already have? There's no doubt in my mind that there is someone else that could take Koopa's spot.

Paras: Although it is your favorite, its not everyone else's. Lucario would be a much better choice.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Paras: Although it is your favorite, its not everyone else's
is your name "everyone else"? how do you know everyone else doesnt want him? he would be the best, im mean seriously, havnt you seen the best pokemon episode ever? he would be perfect for brawl with spore: 100% accuracy OWWWNNED!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
This is about the reaction I was expecting (no Paras love, Master Chief should burn, where's Toad, etc.), but what I was NOT expecting was this:

However, I, personally would have swapped out one or two of them (Stafy-Demiru, Skull Kid-Kafei)
Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. You would switch out the Skull Kid, the main antagonist from a major Zelda game for a guy who's only talent is standing on switches???

Wow. Yes, I understand that Kafei is the only other playable character in a Zelda game, but being playable and being good in a fighting game are very far from being the same thing. When you play as Kafei, you stand on switches. And that's it. He does nothing else.

The logic that could have compelled you to post that completely boggles my mind. :p

I'll probably add a couple of more characters to the list, but it's pretty close right now to what I would pick as my final list. :)

Top Bottom