• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Trailer:
WMV
Quicktime

HD Trailer:
Quicktime
WMV

Low Quality Streams
Youtube
Google

Filefront Direct File Downloads (Both are the HD versions.)
Quicktime
WMV

YAAAAY!

-----------

Is it just me, or can you now crawl.

As in Crouch + Move.

I would just like to start right now the 'they added that because of chu' conspiracy.

NG7

Smash Lord
I'm very glad they didn't use Assault fox. I also like the chunky sound effects for hits :)

Cool to see stadium is back. Zamus has sheik tilts T_T

Mario's Fair changed. Hits Pika away at the start but strangely sends Kirby downward towards the end of the animation.

Thankies for link!

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
I so cant wait... I wanna play now :( lol and yeah it does look like you can crawl :o... i duno what kind of fighting elements that'll add to the game... but hopefully you'll have crawling tilts and stuff...

PS - wtf @ snakes rocket launcher!!!??? lol - broken already ^^

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sweet, right when I woke up. Snake looks like samus/cf

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Awesome! There's a Mario Kart level and a Yoshi's Island level! A REAL Yoshi's Island level! And we now know how some characters attack. Oh, and Yoshi's pretty much guaranteed to be in now that his level's there (even if he was guaranteed to be in anyway).

100links

Smash Ace
there seems to be a mario kart stage a yoshi island stage 2 pit(?) stages a pokemon stadium stage wario has (hurry up) on his back =p meta knight can glide (>.0) pit and meta has quick attacks (oh crap new mains) a twilight princess tage(?) a snake stage and snake has a rocket launcher...A FREAKING ROCKET LAUNCHER! no guns huh? >.>

edit:DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOX IS LOOKING AWESOME!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
also how in the world did meta knight dodge kirbys attck so fast?
Destructable stages?
change of day?

piZ

Smash Journeyman
I just realised that it was pretty doubtful we'd see Zelda/Ganon in this seeing as Link uses the TP model, so Ganon/Zelda would as well.. I'd think we wouldn't see them until after we see them in TP.

And i'm assuming Metaknight flying = his dash.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Zamus has Sheik tilts. Lol.

Also, it looks like Zamus will be a playable character, not just some Zelda/Sheik changeover.

I hope.

Snake looks so awesome, they have incorporated him into the game well.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Wario looks too good. I've decided a while back that he is gonna be one of my secondaries (unless he truly sucks). Luigi hopefully will stay in so... yeah. I see shorthopping :)

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Z samus looks like top tier material to me. Notice she has a falcon kick type move towards the end. looks like a combo of sheik/falcon with a gun and a sword... ****

Metanight though.. ****.. he glides ****

sword charecters look a little broken. those sword combos look like they happen too easy. dang

crawling yeah. Yay! no shl for falco(presumeably) that's so annoying

Looks like all pika does is crawl. and what's up with wario's dance is that how he moves?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Rolling looks like it was sped up a lot. Snake does it very quickly a few times, and as has been said, Meta' roll was really quick when he dodged kirby's attack. Too bad they didn't show the shields or anything.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realy like this video...it just felt like...poorly made or something. It wasn't that exciting. Also Fox looks absolutely ********...and his movements and animations are awful...he looks like he has down syndrome now...ugh.

Also this is the second video where there were no shield bubbles shown...I'm beginning to get worried again...

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
As I had (among others) previously thought, the first stage in the first SSBB trailer is not Pit's stage. Now that we have seen a stage with actual Greek architecture, one can logically concur that this is Pit's stage.

And, as expected, Wario's antics make me smile inside. Definitely playing as Wario when the game comes out. :)

It appears that Meta-Knight now is able to fly forward. Personally, I think this is his B-Forward move.

ZSS appears to have some sort of downward drill-kick. Odd...

And yes, it's pretty obvious that crawling is the new movement maneuver

Also, Mario's hat comes off when he does his Up-Smash now.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
-Warios dash looks like it can make really good mind games.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Meta-knight looks broken already,

1. he's heavy making it harder to kill him.
2. he's tiny making it hard to hit him.
3. he's got a disjointed hit box(his sword)
4. he can fly making it easier for him to come back
5. He can glide making it impossible for him not to come back.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I don't think Metaknight is heavy hitting. I think he's going to have lots of damage-racking attacks (his attacks are straight from Sword ability in Kirby Super Star.) and little knockback.

I love the new graphics engine though. Good to see Fox is confirmed.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Did anyone notice Zamus at around the end on Metaknight's stage?

She does like this freaky, Pikachu-esque quick attack into the ground.

Either that or it's a wierd no fire Falcon Kick.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I think that trailer pretty much confirms that Zamus is a transformation for Samus, or at least strongly implies it. Varia Suit Samus is nowhere to be seen, and in the character montage at the end only Zamus appears. While she has a different moveset to Samus obviously, I'd still prefer it if she were only a transformation as history and story-wise, she's exactly the same person as Samus Aran.

Anyway, those levels were awesome, especially Yoshi's Island. Fox looks like he has a lot more personality than he did in Melee, which is great in my book. The only thing that annoys me is how they're treating him as a 'new' character when he's been in the series since day one. Er.

Oh, and Wario looks great fun, but I fail to see how any of his moves have anything to do with his previous games, other than matching his erratic personality. :p

NG7

Smash Lord
It does look like his animation was somewhat sped up by l-cancelling. But we don't really know yet, could've just made it that way.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Does any one know if the japanese text at the end states the month its coming out in 2007?.

also, when kirby tries to land an up-B on metaknight, metknight dashes extremely fast out of the way. It doesn't look like a rolling dodge, it looks like a wave dash, but thats just me.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
On gliding: If I had to take a guess, it would be his recovery. Maybe something like Peach's: big lift at first, then floaty for the rest of it. Of course, we didn't see any sort of "lift" in there, but this is just what I'm going to assume, because it makes the most sense to me.

unreon

Smash Ace
The game seems to be going back to the N64 days - notice the overall 'floatiness' and the sound effects, not to mention how Link seemed to have some kind of 'slow down' during Mario's Down-B? Furthermore, it seemed like the stages have become larger, or at least more complete - no signs of abrubt stage 'ceilings' or 'walls' to speak of. Pit's roll is amazingly quick..Does anyone else think Zamus' stage might have different gravity as well? So Mario's F-air has been mixed with Dr Mario's - does this imply the Doc has been axed? Zamus is looking as hot as any Nintendo character ever could.

And Link looks like a sissy when he runs. :(

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Wait a minute...it looked like Snake had "the knee" complete with electricity, but it didn't have too much knockback. Oh wait, it's not the ground. Nevermind.

Mario's tornado looks like it changes in the air.

On gliding, it looked like Meta-Knight declined the whole time; he doesn't stay at one elevation during the whole glide like Peach.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Now this is a nice way to wake up in the morning :)

The new gameplay videos were nice. Snake looks like he'll have some good moves and Wairo's are just crazy which I like. The part with Zsamus at her gun make me wonder if she cans swicth modes for it, maybe between blaster and energy whip. The crawling thing is a bit weird but I guess it could come in handy as a new way to dodge.

But we also got shown a bunch of the new levels. Lets see now...

- Mario Kart stage (looks somewhat similar to the F-zero Melee one but who cares?)

- Pokemon Stadium stage (a favorite of mine from Melee although its proabily changed)

- Pit stage (collaspable platforms for the win!)

- Yoshi stage (like we needed any more proof that the dino is coming back)

- Starfox stage (Riding on a huge jet fighter in space? Yes, please)

Great trailor. Now all we need is something known as a date and I will be perfectly happy.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Not "floating" but "floaty". Her up B. It has lift and then the parasol lets her float or glide the rest of the way to the stage. That's what Metaknight's gliding looked like.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
Awsome! It looks like thay've made some interesting gameplay changes. The level with the breakable platforms looks like fun.:grin:

Top Bottom