• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

NG7

Smash Lord
Metaknight techs off the platform, lands, then dashes towards Wario. Wario either has 0 lag when he lands or that was a waveland.. couldn't have been a tech because he recovers in the air before he touches down.. Beats me.
It couldn't have been a tech because MK attacks right before he does it. It could be a roll. haha. Also it would seem this roll has almost 0 lag because it looks almost as if he rolls straight off the platform without stopping.

I don't think any wavelanding is going on here.

Wario actually hits the ground and produces those little air spikes. If you want to see what i'm talking about go to the fox bit at the end where he jumps and lands. These air spikes don't appear when wavelanding or wavedashing in Melee.

They may have changed the mechanics of WL and WD I guess, but i think that they just added more smoke effects :lick:

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Still NO ONE has think of it? Now you can walk while crouching... Pikachu does it, and so Snake & Wario (backwards) can make it...

Also, there is something inusual in Pit's jump: In 1:45, after juimping in the air, it's like he floats a little, and then jumps again.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
but i think that they just added more smoke effects
I think the effects have been buffed up in general pretty hardcore. Watch everytime link's sword hits anything..

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
...I'm kind of worried. Earlier in the trailer Mario does what appears to be a dair (drill arial) and the way his opponent got stuck in there reminded me of N64. I'm worried about DInot being in it now.
Pokemon stadium is back =). New yoshi level looks cool, but is like green greens without bombs or additional above-head platforms.

Good stuff. Can anyone prove me wrong about the mario drill DI and looking like N64 though? I'd enjoy that =)

piZ

Smash Journeyman
About the new weird dodge thingies:

Watch at 1:39. Snake hits Pit, does a real roll, then what looks like a small WD into a dtilt. ;o

Maybe..

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Hmm, after looking at most of the posts in this thread as a whole, it's as if we want Brawl to be almost exactly the same is Melee =/. Alot of things in the trailer that appear different/opposite to what it would be in Melee seem to be frowned upon.

TheRusBus

Smash Rookie
I was slightly disapointed, because I'll see all the movesets when the game comes out, but otherwise it was nice to see distructable levels and the amount of neutral type levels, as well as some characters in action, but i still rather see new characters, seeing Wario/Snake at E3 made me jump for joy, but seeing just fox is meh, I already knew he was going to be in :p

It seems to me that Zamus is a lot like shiek, and prolly might replace her (hopefully)

Same goes for Wario, he has a lot of G&W qualities to him, with his weird framerate.

Metaknight looks broken -.- but hopefully each slash does like 1 or 2 damage, and has a large delay afterword, or the stunlock is DI-able. Plus hes got a glide? another peach -.-

Snake looks amazing, rocket to the face ftw

I think the big thing i noticed was the overal game speed, it seems slightly ... slower. But then again i could be wrong, most of those character except maybe Zamus and Pit were moderately speed characters, hopefully it isn't too too slow.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i think they completly remade fox
like, thats why they made him like a new char
and thats why he is holding his gun in his hand
they did it so brawl could be more balanced, lol
:dizzy:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
My notes!

1) Pit and Metaknight both have a lot of multi-hit moves. Assuming L-Cancelling returns, they'll probably be tricky, technically speaking, to L-cancel with. It also seems there is more hit-stun associated with landing an attack; I'm basing this from about 0:31, when Kirby does his (current) f-air and seems to have a LOT of stun on it.

2) Snake uses a rocket launcher, yet fires it straight into the ground in front of himself (1:40); perhaps this is a smash attack as opposed to a B move?

3) Snake also has an obscenely low crouch (1:26), and apparently some kind of maneuver that can send him into the crouch from a dash (1:35). Possibly a dash attack, but then he ends up in the crouch: an interesting side effect.

4) 1:30 - Pokemon Stadium returns? Hooray!

5) 1:37: Wario walks like Voldo. Eep.

6) 0:57 - either Metaknight has a seriously BROKEN roll or he's wavedashing. Either way, :D

7) About 1:10: Pit's air move looks like M2's dash attack with a beamsabre. That's a lot of hits.

8) 1:04 - Metaknight glides neatly along the ground: air dashing? Forward+b? Up+b? Insane Jigglypuff style air control? Time will tell.

9) 1:08 - Pit has some insane running speed. 1:13 - And another character with a ridiculous roll, it seems.

10) Snake's stage looks neato.

11) 1:32 - Snake's aerials look like they're going to be sick, with launching moves that will provide easy combo-ability. Broken or just top-tier? Playtesting decides -_-

12) Just noticed this: 1:36 - Snake moves while crouching. New movement feature?

13) 1:57 - Breakable platforms? Neato.

14) Fox looks silly. I don't like his head. Too big.

That is all.

Note: Of course I didn't read through the rest of the thread - every time I try to read a new post there's another page. Eff that.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Well when you think about it, slowing down is the only direction they could take if they wanted to change general speed. I mean, could you image playing Smash faster than it is in Melee? Can you image Fox any faster than he is currently while still being properly controllable? Alot of people can't utilise and harness his speed properly at the moment, imagine if he was even more agile.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
at 1:59 snake does a shorthop, then something that looks like a stomp
and at 1:56 he does something on a platform that breaks it and sends pit flying in fires
at 2:11 Zamus does something like melee's bowser and yoshi down b

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Anybody else notice that huge statue of Palutena in the back of the Kid Icarus stage? I thought that was pretty cool. A little something for the KI fans, right?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Mario's DownB looks different now.
Link's Spin Attack looks like it hits more horizontal than vertical now.
Wario looks like he doesn't even have proper animations for his attacks.
Pit and Meta Knight can hit way too many times with their sword(s).
Is that just the stage, or has Zamus ****ing low gravity?
What is that attack that Pika does at 1:43? Is it a move we already have or not?
One of Meta Knight's aerials looks like it hits left and right.
The crumble (Pit?) stage looks cool, but do those clouds mean that they'll dissapear ala Yoshi Island 64 stage?.
Notice: Link's Master Sword glows.
Again, Meta Knight looks WAY too fast.
Zamus has a weird dash attack, it looks like Sheik's Nair.

Like, that's it.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The game is looking good, alot of interesting things. ZSS reminds me more and more of Sheik each time I watch the vid, was sad to not see any regular Samus in action... does this mean that they have possibly split Samus and ZSS? Or that they just didn't want to show her... hmm...

Snake seems to remind me a bit of C. Falcon, not sure why... just a few of his moves looked familar. Oh! And rocket launcher? I can see that being awesome.

It is sad we probably won't see anything else for awhile, so this is all we have to go by lol.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
at 1:50 meta knight does something like melee's kirby's fair
maybe they are clones or something
his triple sword slash also looks like kirby's fair

CamusTC

Smash Rookie
Ah, I just realized it would've been sweet if Kirby's hats for the new characters were shown, but oh well.

100links

Smash Ace
Hmm, after looking at most of the posts in this thread as a whole, it's as if we want Brawl to be almost exactly the same is Melee =/. Alot of things in the trailer that appear different/opposite to what it would be in Melee seem to be frowned upon.
half of the characters have the/looks like they have the same or old attack as some...kirby has his old ones... zs samus looks like they have shieks....wierd >.o

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I noticed that some of Mario's attacks seem to work more closely to Docs moves. I think people may be getting what they've been calling for: Ditch Dr. Mario and fuse his stats with Mario's.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
They fixed rolling yay.

They kept Kirby's Final Cutter. Boo.

NG7

Smash Lord
Was I the only one hoping to see Snake's cardboard box? hahaha

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Meta Knight is not as broken as say, Marth

At least his sword is shorter and not the length of FD

If these gameplay mechanics show anything, it's that this game is stepping in the right direction. You're not gonna see a video of WDing until a player, a new player to this game is introduced to air dodging (if the move still exists)

Please let this game be different from Melee

let that game die

after 6 years, it's time for a change

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It looks like all characters can move while crouching(pikachu, wario, and snake all do it).
It also seems like at least for now all the hits made by characters have this sort of sword cutting noise to go with it, rather than a sort of dull thud like in SSBM(with the exception of swordsmen).

Also, i like the way Snakes movset looks.

I also like the new fox. The stage he's standing on at the end is the new great fox from SFC.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
Nice trailer. Concerning Pitt/MK's sword slashing combos, I don't see how they are very different from moves like Ness' fair with multiple low-percentage hits and little knockback.

And it was weird not seeing any sheilding in teh video. Maybe they wanted to have the most exciting trailer possible, and sheilding is not as exciting as combat? It seemed like Snak's cardboard box was his shield in the E3 trailer, and not a move.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Small thing and a bigger one.

Small: Maybe it's just something random, but when Pikachu does his 2th jump at 0:25, I hear some kind of *ploing* in the back. It sounds a bit like Dr. Mario shooting a pill.

Big: At 0:52, you can see a moon rising up quickly in the back. I immediatly thought of The Legend of Zelda, where the moon rises quite fast too when you're in the overworld. Is this stage floating above Hyrule Field?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
*Pit's spins are AWESOME!!!
*Rolling is really fast, and doesn't seem to need the shield.
*OMG, Zamus reminds me a little of shiek............ >.<
*Metaknight runs REALLY fast
*Kirby's moves are the same, but they seem A LOT more powerful..
*Link's UpB is still a spike! ^^

Nevermind

NG7

Smash Lord
Small: Maybe it's just something random, but when Pikachu does his 2th jump at 0:25, I hear some kind of *ploing* in the back. It sounds a bit like Dr. Mario shooting a pill.
hahahaha :laugh: a ploing eh? I think that was just someone coughing in the background. Good thought with the Hyrule thing.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
2:01 (GT version): check out Link's sword. Its glowing! Does this mean he can charge moves now? Or does it have something to do with TP?

I think I'm just going to go through the trailer and do my own notes on it <3

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
2:01 (GT version): check out Link's sword. Its glowing! Does this mean he can charge moves now? Or does it have something to do with TP?
I already noticed it. Yes it's kinda cool, but I think this is just some better graphic using stuff. Have you noticed how much everything glows in TP?

Top Bottom