• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I do not agree there is a crouch walk since we've only seen 2 characters do it. 2 characters who are both brand new, so this could easily be something initiated via down B.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
we've only seen 2 characters do it.
Pikachu, Snake and Wario do it. Maybe more, i'll have to watch again.

(At least it looks like pikachu does it, when he walks up to crouching Kirby. Or is that just his walk and i don't use him enough? :p)

Also, as far as we know, none of these move sets could be final.

PPS, notice how Fox bounces, all Bruce Lee style, has anyone notice any other characters with idle animations? No more standing around, yay.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Hell yeah, Mario Kart stage ala Mute City! And about the Wario crouch, maybe that's the way to charge up his fart move? And rocket launcher ftw with Snake.

Don't know if this is posted yet, but did anyone notice that Zamus can probally do some click things with her weapon. Maybe that's the way to switch from whipe to gun.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
He either JC'd it or was hit by something.

Fake edit: I think he JC'd it and was then hit by Link's Bair or something.

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah, Mario Kart stage ala Mute City! And about the Wario crouch, maybe that's the way to charge up his fart move? And rocket launcher ftw with Snake.

Don't know if this is posted yet, but did anyone notice that Zamus can probally do some click things with her weapon. Maybe that's the way to switch from whipe to gun.
Maybe...or maybe its a taunt. Fox holds his gun at all times now from the looks of it, probably reducing his blaster lag.

Where's the original Samus?

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Umm.... did anybody yet notice what looked suspiciously like WAVELANDING by both metaknight and wario at the 2:10 mark?

I assume they're both heavy characters with too much traction to go sliding across the screen on their own. Someone check this out further

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
check out metaknight around 00:57 (in the GT version) when kirby attacks. He doesn't seem to do a move but he appears behind kirby. It looks sort of like a wavedash (although I doubt they't put a wavedash in a trailer).

What do you guys think?

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Umm.... did anybody yet notice what looked suspiciously like WAVELANDING by both metaknight and wario at the 2:10 mark?
With Wario, I would say yes, that's a waveland.. with MK, he stops for a few frames when he lands, then dashes towards Wario.. who knows.

Edit--

Metaknight techs off the platform, lands, then dashes towards Wario. Wario either has 0 lag when he lands or that was a waveland.. couldn't have been a tech because he recovers in the air before he touches down.. Beats me.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Whoa, yeah. That looks heaps like wavelanding. =/ Maybe they've made wavedashing a non-advanced tech now, and it's a basic evasive measure like rolling is in Melee. o.0

piZ

Smash Journeyman
actually its Pit and Mario and fox nocks them both out with a shine and cancels it =o look carefully
Timestamp please?

At 2:25, Link does Up+B, Mario gets caught in it, Pit falls to the ground. At 2:27, Fox sends Pit flying, while Link sends Mario flying above..

Is that where you're talking about?

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
check out metaknight around 00:57 (in the GT version) when kirby attacks. He doesn't seem to do a move but he appears behind kirby. It looks sort of like a wavedash (although I doubt they't put a wavedash in a trailer).

What do you guys think?
I'd say its more likely a roll. Because:
a) if you slow it down and pause/freezeframe it after metaknight starts to dodge but before he's behind kirby, it looks like he's left the ground, just slightly, but not like a triangle jump
b) he doesn't start his counter attack until after he has stopped moving backward
c) depending on kirby's hitbox, he might have still been hit by kirby's attack if he didn't have invincibility frames that come with a roll.

it did seem rather quick for a roll however, so I wonder if the game has sped up some of the rolls and made them more viable and less punishable.

And after several more views, it still looks to me like we have wavelanding at 2:10.
Is wavelanding now a basic move, with an easy button? Is the stage exceptionally slippery or something? Or are they just trotting out advanced moves in the pregame trailers so that we can all cream our pants now?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
around the 2:27 mark. I'm pretty sure he gets hit right after JC'ing because he flies off, looks like he's stunned in the air and then jumps towards the middle of the stage to recover.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
around the 2:27 mark. I'm pretty sure he gets hit right after JC'ing because he flies off, looks like he's stunned in the air and then jumps towards the middle of the stage to recover.

So after going over that a couple times, frame by frame, i'm pretty sure Fox jumps up and shines Pit, yeah.. Although it is so small, who knows. ;)

I've started going through the trailer frame by frame, following one character at a time, and i don't know if it's just me but i've been noticing a lot of sliding off platforms. Anyone else?

As well, look at 00:33. Does Kirby lc that kick? Definitely looks like it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Notable events in the trailer:

-Confirmed characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, regular Samus (not shown in this trailer), Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, Zero-Suit Samus, Snake, Fox.

-Mario's f-air now seems to take on some properties of Doc Mario's f-air, depending on how you hit. Pikachu is sent flying with it, but Kirby is sent straight down a la Meteored. A hint perhaps that Doc Mario is indeed gone, since his move properties have been incorporated into Mario's?

-The moves of the original characters do seem the same. Whether the properties of the moves have changed, like Mario's f-air, remains to be seen.

-It seems like it's easier to KO people in this game, though this is probably just for dramatic effect for the demo.

-A Mario Kart stage that may be similar to F-Zero Mute City. A Yoshi's Story based stage also appears. A glimpse of a possible new Pokemon stage was shown. The castle stage and the supposed Battlefield stage make a reappearances. A stage that is probably based on the Metal Gear Solid universe is shown. Also, a Star Fox stage also appears, just not on Great Fox unless the stage automatically merges into it...

-Stages can also be damaged/destroyed. Seasons also apply to some stages (Yoshi's Story stage and the Mario Kart one).

-You can now apparently crawl, both forward and backwards. It also may be possible to roll straight into a crouch, though this may be Snake-only.

I made no reference to the moves of the new characters, because they have no concrete movelist yet though a ton of speculations can be made as to how they are assigned. All the aboves are purely observations, so interpret them as you may. I'll add more when it comes.

And until the game comes out, any assumptions about the current Advanced Tactics is a fruitless guess.

CamusTC

Smash Rookie
I wish the trailer had shown something about the super moves. Perhaps the idea that you get them from items is possible, since the trailer didn't shown any of them either.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
O.O Those stages are absolutely beautiful. I mean, seriously...wow. Also, I can't beleive all of you are already trying to nitpick and tear apart every single frame to look for hints of any tiny little tech moves you can find. Can't you just enjoy it without trying to rip it limb from limb for little tidbits of information?

piZ

Smash Journeyman
I'm 99% sure all characters have idle animations now. They don't just stand there when you're not moving them.. Badass.

At :58 either Metaknight has an extremely badass roll, like mewtwos, or that is a wd..

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
But.... we are enjoying it. o.0 It's just that we're carefully analyzing it at the same time. What's wrong with wanting to know more about the game?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I gotta go for now, but notice near the end of the Pit-specific part of the trailer. Pit does the metaknight-esque new quickroll to avoid what looks like could be Wario's forward smash attack!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hey Panda, not to down you or anything, but you said that there would have been more never before seen characters in the trailer. :(

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
I gotta go for now, but notice near the end of the Pit-specific part of the trailer. Pit does the metaknight-esque new quickroll to avoid what looks like could be Wario's forward smash attack!
yeah, 1:13 mark. Pit doesn't roll....

piZ

Smash Journeyman
yeah, 1:13 mark. Pit doesn't roll....

Just noticed that as well.. Time to find a Pit/MK jump and see if the beginning frames are similiar. ;o

Picking apart trailers is the best thing to do at 8am.

squaminator

Smash Ace
we aw fox, right?
and i'm pretty sure what metaknight does to get off of the platform is a WD. if you look carefully, he lands on the platform facing right, then wds left, and lands off the platform facing right.

Top Bottom