• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament Manchester, CT March 31st

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
March 31st
The Hosts: Devlo (Dan) and Brojest (TJ)

Wut up everyone? Im just trying to anounce a tournament me and my buddies are putting together for a second time in Manchester, CT. Last year we had a good turn out and we had lots of fun and some good smashin. We hope that even more people come out and play. its going to be held on March 31st at Buckland Mall at the store PC Gaming Arena, if anyone needs anymore details please leave me a message or email me at dmejia@hartford.edu, thanks

Adress: 194 Buckland Hills Drive, Suite 2500
Manchester, Connecticut 06040-8705
(860) 644-6369
Store: PC Gaming Arena

Time: Sign ups are at 11:00am DON'T BE LATE!!, tournament will hopefully begin at 12 but could begin later.
Prize: 50%, 20%, 10%
Entrance fee: $10

Rules:

$10 entrance fee
-> Double Elimination
-> best 2 out of 3
->Finals best 3 out of 5
-> 4 stock/8 minute limit
-> Items off

Stages:

-> You may suggest a stage to start the match as long as your opponent agrees, Otherwise random stages will be chosen.
-> Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random (Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium).

Other:

-> Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that makes the match unable to be completed are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-> Using any tactics to excessively stall will lead to immediate forfeit of the match.
-> You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER (Controller mods of ANY kind, except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.)

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
Yo Koreandj is it you from the last tournament we held, the person who won our last tournament??

squaminator

Smash Ace
OK. KDJ IS GOING. READY....
/threadexplode.
neways
not going because kdj is a poopyhead who beat PC.
GREEN GREENS IS THE DEVILS ADVOCATE!

Brookman

Smash Hero
Yes that would be him, I'll be coming too hopefully. ^_^ I didn't even notice this but I clicked tournaments on accident and luckily it was on the top.

ACTUALLY, I won the last tourny they had, DJ, Cort, and Chris were in Cali, REMEMBER>!>!

Cort

Apple Head
Don't forget Hayato.

Man, you were so lucky that none of us were here.

But you won it for me while I was away ****** WCers.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Haha yea me neither..

Manchester kids will not win with hometown advantage :(
Although it's okay. I expect it to be a great event. I'm almost definitely there

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
HELL YEA!! Nice to see some replies, we want as many people to come as possible, and bring ur game cus im sure the competition we'll be tuff, ill be updating prize and the exact start time of the tournament soon enough but we got awhile so no hurry, anyways practice makes perfect and keep on posting everyone to keep this thread front page!!

_V_

Smash Ace
Venus is going to take teams...

if Mike and Cort have tea parties...

and PC/KoreanDJ don't come...

and I learn how to play.

Brojest

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm the other host for this tournament, and I'm glad to see people are willing to come. If you kno any good smash players plz let them kno of this tourney, we're hoping more people will come this time

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
Just tryin to keep this thread alive, March 31st Manchester, CT. Just wana see more people post and see if there is anyone else on smash boards thats willing to come.

_V_

Smash Ace
Try putting the date in the thread title...that may help. I'm sure Cort and Brookman will spread the word about this tournament...they know the most people.

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how i would get my tournament on the smash boards calendar?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Go to Users CP, on the bottom of the left-side menu is a link to something like "User Groups" click that and then apply to be a tourny director. Your name will turn blue like mine and then you can post it on the calendar.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
More posts need to be put in this topic.

You guys should do a teams tournament if there is time after. Last two ended pretty quickly especially since it's 3 stock. ^_^

Also you should put up rules about stage/character counterpicks and if there's banning stages/etc. Just copy the rest of mlgs or ask us for suggestions. *Remembers first tournament thread* Everyone was being so annoying about certain rules not being put in etc.

Delvo, you're one of the workers at PC Gaming Arena right? Are you the doc/sheik player? I think we might've played a little a couple of times, you should definitely play with the CT kids more especially at the meetups that actually take place at PCGA.

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
Nah NusCirtap i dont work at PC Gaming i think u might be confusing me with another person but yea we'll put more thurough rules up soon enough we just have been busy and forget full, we still have to figure out prize money and all that to but it we should be finalizing the thread probably in the next week or so.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow, just noticed this from searching for the phone number on google. I'm going to this.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I'll have to see. Marth 31st is a ways away. I'd like to go to this for sure. I'm sure the other WPI guys would want to go. This was a lot of fun last time. This was a smaller tourny, but I had a lot of fun. Things may come up though, so I can't guarantee anything just yet.

Top Bottom