• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament Manchester, CT March 31st

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
We added the official time of the tournament, please dont be late!! Plan ahead!

Hey if anyone could maybe bring an extra cube we could use a few, if your willing to bring a cube please send me a message. Anyways thanx and its almost time so practice makes perfect! haha

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
2 is to late, anyways its just one day get ur *** up! and if ur offering cubes send me a personal message so i can count up how many people and then send u a message back if i need urs or not, so that we dont fill up the forum with nonsense of who can bring a cube lol

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I have been waiting so long to get back into another tournament after making it to semifinals in the last one I did at PC Gaming Arena. Bucky hills is where I work so I will definitely be there.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Are all of the sets going to be random? Or will there be counterpicking?

If there's no counterpicking, can we at least get a restart rule?

(At the start of the match you can hit start within a couple seconds and restart the match, then a different random stage will be chosen instead.

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
Its March 31st, at 11:00 am, PC Gaming Arena at Buckland Hills Mall, Manchester, Ct

Oh and for those that bring cubes please bring a copy of smash bros with u!!

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
HAHA!! Makes me happy to see the amount of people willing to come! Bring ur game kids cus that prize money aint gona just walk into ur hands!! i wana see the wave dashin, wave grabin, short hoppin, spikin and combo video type skillz everyone has! time is tickin and we have like 3 weeks till the tourney get that last minute practice in!

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Rules:

$10 entrance fee
-> Double Elimination
-> best 2 out of 3
->Finals best 3 out of 5
-> 4 stock/8 minute limit
-> Items off

Stages:

-> You may suggest a stage to start the match as long as your opponent agrees, Otherwise random stages will be chosen.
-> Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random (Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium).

Other:

-> Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that makes the match unable to be completed are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-> Using any tactics to excessively stall will lead to immediate forfeit of the match.
-> You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER (Controller mods of ANY kind, except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.)
Personally I'd like to see counterpicking, a restart rule and no repeat stages, but that's just me.

JC76

Smash Cadet
Its March 31st, at 11:00 am, PC Gaming Arena at Buckland Hills Mall, Manchester, Ct

Oh and for those that bring cubes please bring a copy of smash bros with u!!
11 am huh...shoot

cort/brookman: both of you should be at one of each other's house (ex. cort stays over at brookmans or vice versa) so that i can pick you up from one place and i dont have to drive back and forth or make any stops

I have class from 8-10...sometimes longer because its a gym class and its on saturday...im sure we'll figure something out though

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Oh sweet I don't have to drive people.

Also about counterpicks, I'm guessing delvo wants to have just the neutral stages. But even so there should still be a random restart. Basically each player can just restart the first random stage if they don't like it but just once and later the opponent can still counterpick it though. Or something like that.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
When a random stage is chosen, each player can restart the match once that round. So basically say the matchup is Peach v Falco. First stage is Dreamland, so Falco restarts, then it's Final Destination, and Peach restarts again, then the third stage is final. Basically it makes things slightly more neutral for matchups where stages are chosen randomly.

Cort

Apple Head
Why would a Peach restart FD against Falco? >_>

Easy 120% + nair every stock with CGs. And when you power shield lasers they go straight back at Falco!

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i'll try to go. might need a ride. anyone in/by new haven goin? will pay for ride

are we only allowed to pick from the nuetral stages or will be pick from all the legal ones after the first random?

cort: the peach would restart for stalling-mindgame purposes

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Why would a Peach restart FD against Falco? >_>

Easy 120% + nair every stock with CGs. And when you power shield lasers they go straight back at Falco!
Because it'd allow a chance to try your luck with getting dreamland again.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Because it'd allow a chance to try your luck with getting dreamland again.
Any of the other stages are better imo w/ the exception of maybe Battlefield. But Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story are tons better than FD. I've found it pretty hard to get Falco off the ledge at FD. FoD and Yoshi's Story it's cake. You hit them once and they are already off. Plus I've never been that successful at getting out my nair to finish off the CG. The other thing is that in that case it's very easy to see the move coming and just be ready to DI the move. Even if I nair Falco at 120 percent. If their DI is good, then they are high enough to use some mind games and get back on the stage.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
No teams, manchester has never done teams I don't think so more time for friendlies. ^_^

Huh? I'd counter pick peaches with yoshis story... Such a small map = peach can't fully utilize her recovery skills and falco can do easier combos/kills. FoD is good cause falco can't laser as easily but I still don't mind it cause I'm not much of a camper unless absolutely necessary like on FD.

But even if the first map was Dreamland and the falco player decided to use his repick thing and it's FD then the peach repicks and it's Dreamland again... it'd still have to change again right? I was pretty sure if both used up their strikes for dreamland/FD then those couldn't pop up as random again and only used for counterpick.

So emmy, the oak crew is coming I assume? Meaning, dude toucher marth ditto mm?

This is right before esticle so good practice so I need lotta $1 mm. This way I don't get lazy and start sandbagging and get further used to pressure. ^_^

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever seen Cort's Peach? Especially vs Falcos?

Cort has feasted on many of our feathery friends.
Cort is a very skilled peach. but how often are you able to grab a very skilled falco? if i was to have a matchup with cort i would definitely not be upset with final D. Next to yoshi's story i couldn't think of a better level.

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
Personally I'd like to see counterpicking, a restart rule and no repeat stages, but that's just me.

Ok so theres gona be counter picking and a restart rule and stages can be repeated.

and sorry no teams it would take to long for the amount of people that are comin.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
Boo on stages being repeat for a best out of 3... Yay for counter picking, but that means you guys have to list the banned stages and stuff while allowing a single stage that a person can ban for the whole set. Or did you guys mean counter picking only other neutral stages? If so that's fine too.

Devlo18

Smash Cadet
LOL!! I dont kno anymore, fine no repeating of stages... how bout we just discuss the tecnical stuff on the day of the tournament huh?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Pending my attendance, I've decided that I will now do MMs for 1 dollar, instead of my old rule of never doing MMs. If anyone wants a 1 dollar MM, I'll consider taking it.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
So emmy, the oak crew is coming I assume? Meaning, dude toucher marth ditto mm?
Adat and I are definitely there. Not sure about Tich, but he doesn't make up his mind until 1/2 an hour before anyway.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I am definitely going now. This is so close, can't wait.

Top Bottom