• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC/PA Smashfest | April 20-22 | 50 Hours of Smash!

D

Deleted member

1st things first, this is meant to be a fun tournament. There won't be a lot of cash unless you're doing money matches. If you want money, THIS IS NOT YOUR EVENT.

I'm holding a 3 day event at my college. Smash 64 and Melee, the tournaments are only 1 dollar each to keep it light and will be solidly round robin. Each set best of 1, neutral stages only. 1 stage may be knocked off unless both players agree to a stage, since it's only 1 match. otherwise, random pick. for each person you beat, you get 1 point. Highest amount of points wins the tournament. Winner takes all. If top placers tie points, they can split it or play for it. Doesn't matter to me. wobbling loses you a point regardless of whether you win the match or not. Also, bring your own controllers, and if you're bringing a Wii, be careful with your Wiimotes. I can give you stickers to label them I suppose, but that's all the control I have against possible theft.

NOTICE Because of ChuDat having an event on the same day, I'm moving RR Singles to Sunday. That means if you want to go to both tournaments, you still can.

RULES

SSBM~
$1 entry fee
Round Robin
Best of 1
Each victory earns +1 point to your record
Every wobble is -1 point to your record (the ice climber tilt infinite)
Person with the most points wins.
1 Stage may be knocked off random by each player, leaving as low as 4 stages on random.

Stages available: FD, FoD, BF, DL64, YS, PS, for random. However, ANY STAGE IS LEGAL AS LONG AS BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO IT.

SSB64~
$1 entry fee
Round Robin
Best of 1
Each victory earns +1 point to your record
Person with the most points wins.
1 Stage may be knocked off random by each player, leaving the 3rd stage for last.

Stages available: Dreamland, Hyrule, Kongo Jungle, for random. However, ANY STAGE IS LEGAL AS LONG AS BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO IT.

The event will consist of mostly free-play and will run from Friday evening, 5 PM, until Sunday evening, 7 PM. We can house some people here, but if not, the hotels are VERY cheap.

HOTEL INFO: BOOK YOUR ROOMS NOW

http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/US/PA/Shippensburg/index.htm

VENUE INFO

Please post if you plan on coming. In the meantime, I'd like to set up a list of set-ups, and housing. I'm going to ask that everyone coming bring a sleeping bag, a cot, air mattress, pillows, whatever you need. This is a college campus, so alcohol is banned from my event and the dorms, but not the hotels.

SCHEDULE

Event starts Friday at 5 PM and goes until 10 PM.
-This is a preliminary day for the event, it will only have friendlies, money matches and such. I will be fixing broken controllers, cleaning controllers, restoring controllers for 50 cents each throughout the night.

Continues Saturday at 10AM and goes until 10 PM.

10:30 AM: Open Crews Registration
11 AM: Open SSB64 Round Robin Registration
1 PM: Close Crews Registration
1 PM: Close SSB64 Round Robin Registration
1 PM: Start SSB64 Round Robin tournament
1 PM: Start Crews Round Robin Tournament
1 PM: Open Singles Round Robin Registration
7 PM: Double Jump Cancel Contest
9 PM: Bowser Challenge
10 PM: Close Singles Round Robin Registration
10 PM: Event closes for the night

Crews have no entry fee and no cash prize, but results will be posted, and some non-cash prizes might be involved.

Continues Sunday at 10 AM and goes until 7 PM.
10 AM: Open Singles Round Robin Registration
12 PM: Close Singles Round Robin Registration
12 PM: Start Singles Round Robin Tournament
7 PM: Commencement
8 PM: Event closes

SIDE EVENTS

Saturday Night Dungeons and Dragons
Saturday Evening DJC Contest
-free entry, but is limited only to recognized Peach, Ness, Yoshi, and Mewtwo players.
Saturday Night Bowser Challenge (hopefully recorded)
-$1 cost to play once. A "Support the Troops" donation will be available throughout Saturday and Sunday, but all Bowser Challenge money will go towards this donation. Best score on the Bowser Challenge will also get you a prize.
Ping-Pong and Pool (anytime, the tables are there)

DONATIONS:- For the Support the Troops campaign, all temperature resistant non-liquid goods are welcome for donation, and will be sent to Iraq in a large box as part of a school project that I have. This would be things like EZMac, razors for shaving or shaving creme, soap, ramen noodles. Not chocolate, that will melt. Basically any food that won't expire. T-shirts are good, socks, a box of cookies, etc. Money is also welcome, and the money will be used to purchase the same kind of goods.

Address:
Naugle Hall Rec Room
Shippensburg University
Shippensburg, PA. 17257

For parking, you will have to come to me. I will then send you to the police station, where you'll get a parking permit. From there, you'll have to park in the storage lot. Parking permits are good for the whole weekend, and you'll only have to do it once.

Gamecubes, SSBM, memory cards, Wii alternate: 14/14

5 Shippensburg University
- Box GC
- Tristen GC
- Tony GC
- Drew Wii
- John Wii
1 takieddine
1 El Komosutro
1 D20
1 Sensei
1 Renth
1 Vagabond
1 Wesley
1 Nakamaru
1 Damon180

N64s, SSB64: 7/7

2 Shippensburg University
- Box
- TheCape77
1 takieddine
2 Sensei (!!)
1 Renth
1 Damon180

TVs: 12/14

Attention to anyone that brings a TV, I will give you a sticker for Saturday, and you Cannot be kicked off of a TV for any reason for the event. Since I'm expecting 12 TVs and I can supply 5 of them, there will always be 5 TVs for the tournament at the minimum. This will only apply Saturday, as Sunday will have more time constraints.

6 Shippensburg University
- Drew
- Box
- TheCape77
- Tony
- John
- Tristen
1 pockyD
1 Sensei
1 Vagabond
1 D20
1 Damon180
1 Nakamaru (?)

Surge Protectors: 6/9

2 Shippensburg University
- John
- TheCape77
1 takieddine
1 pockyD
1 Renth
1 Wesley

if anyone can bring these items, it would be highly appreciated.

HOUSING ASSIGNMENT- everyone staying here should give props to the people hosting them.

- Box
Reik, Moo, Frost

- Drew
ultimascout, velocity, oorah, D20

- Paul
Harm, pockyD, SHEIK

- Tony
Sensei, Valoem, Wesley

- TheCape77
Swiftbass, Nakamaru, Renth, Taki, Tsk, Kaotical, WoZ

-UmbreonMow
Rumiko, ?

-Seth
PacMan on Crack, Cactuar, Mew2King, Ryoko Yaksa

STAFF ASSIGNMENT- These people will have name tags.
Entry: Paul
Set-Up Management: Tony
Crews: Wes
Recording and Other Prizes: Damon180
SSB64: Box
Hotels Reference: Drew
Directions Reference: John
Bowser Challenge: TheCape77
Singles Bracket and any other problems or concerns: UmbreonMow

If anyone cannot do these things for whatever reason, notify me. If anyone has questions, post here, or PM me, or call me. Max @ 717-477-7367 between the hours of 11 AM and 6 PM.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm saddened that I'm not on this list. :(

I might try to see if I can make it if I happen to be invited. It's time to do some traveling anyhow.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I've never seen you go out of NJ.

You're in.
I've traveled a bit whenever I could. I know in PA I entered NEPA sometime ago, and I've gone to MD, NY, and CT.

But yeah, I'm holding down right now because of my job and other choresome duties. I'll be willing to travel for this shizzle.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm holding an event April 20th-22nd at my college.

i'll see if i can make it if i can i'll bring a TV maybe a cube and a controller for sure.

might need housing we'll see what happens i should be able to make it if i have the money for a bus or if anyone wants to be kind enough to stroll by and pick my lazy *** up.

Shippensburg Campus i take it?

Good Shiz.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i'll see if i can make it if i can i'll bring a TV maybe a cube and a controller for sure.

might need housing we'll see what happens i should be able to make it if i have the money for a bus or if anyone wants to be kind enough to stroll by and pick my lazy *** up.

Shippensburg Campus i take it?

Good Shiz.
Cape said i was invited to. As long as its cool with Mow as well i can drive ya no problem.

D

Deleted member

im appaled at the fact that KF isnt invited. lol, although we probably wont come since we have no clue how to get there and the day before theres a tourney in NY. thanx for the invite though.
who are you?

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd like to attend i'll toss you an IM, dunno if you remember me from the biweekly, I normally team with reik.

Vist

Smash Champion
hey umbreon, not sure if you remember me too well but I'd like to attend this if i can be invited

I could probably bring other invited ppl from the area or vise versa

D

Deleted member

Vist is the man.

I haven't seen you in ages duder.

edit: I had no idea chu was having a biweekly. Oh well, I'm not changing my dates. Mine will be more fun anyway.

Velocity

Smash Lord
definetly going to this *saves money for this , nepa, and sitc* thanks for doing something for pa smashers and smashers in general max

Renth

Smash Hero
If everything goes according to plan it should work out like this..

(1)Nakamaru would be driving
(2) Renth
(3) Swiftbass
(4) Takiddine

Us four would be car pooling together i can bring a controller and maybe a set up.

Edit: Yo Max if you need help with anything let me know

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Sweet, glad i got invited (although I shouldn't have to be "invited", lol). I am a crewmate!!!

Anyway, Max, if you need anything, or just wanna talk to me, you know how to get a hold of me. Plus I got a new cell phone. Let Zach know. I don't remember if I told him or not. I will bring a set-up with my Wii. (Yes, I'll be bringing my Wii......>_>)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Woot!

Suddenly I live in the south and not the middle! I wish. I'd be near Jason and Ryoko and have the best practice NJ has to offer 24/7. :(

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the invite, Max ^^. Reik and I'll definitely try to show up to this, but Frost doesn't really play much anymore, so I dunno if he'll be interested. Meh, I'll just bug him until he decides to come anyways.

I live in eastern Pa, btw ;_;.

D1!!!! Yoshi dittos!!!

FFrost

Smash Apprentice
I think I can try and come...I havent even picked up a controller in months, gave my gamecube to my mom and she deleted all my data. Blue link and Gwiz wanted to know if they could come too.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Max, ask Zach for my new cell phone #. I keep it with me wherever I may roam.

Top Bottom