• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC/PA Smashfest | April 20-22 | 50 Hours of Smash!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If everything goes according to plan it should work out like this..

(1)Nakamaru would be driving
(2) Renth
(3) Swiftbass
(4) Takiddine

Us four would be car pooling together i can bring a controller and maybe a set up.

Edit: Yo Max if you need help with anything let me know
If Naka has space for a 5th person or if anyone else want to drive me from Pburgh, I'm almost certainly in. Might be nice to play Mow now that I know what these so called "Wave-Dashes" and "El Cancels" are... And not on cybercon's supersweet, totally awesome projectors.

Damon180

Smash Ace
good deal. i was planning on having my tourney that saturday. i havnt set the date in stone yet though. hopefully i can take off of work for your event. i'll be there if able :). prolly hauling elkomosutro with me.
if i come i bring many setups with me, cubes, tvs, and 64s

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
KF should definetly be invited to this. There arent any people on the NY list so far. Plus im pretty sure we can make it out there.

D

Deleted member

travis you were on the original list. you're definitely welcome here =D

Vist

Smash Champion
yo greg/chin lemme get in on some carpoolage to this

if not then some other peeps from the area cuz going to **** by yourself is gay

D

Deleted member

hotel stuff added. can anyone grab gamecubes, TVs, memory cards, games, surge protectors, and that stuff? it'd be really helpful.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
i will bring my cube and does anyone play evo games cuz if so i wanna play some gg or sc3 or third strike

Renth

Smash Hero
I can definately bring...
Memory Card
Copy of SSBM
N64
Copy of Smash 64
random food items
and a power strip/surge protector whatever you guys call them. ;)

Velocity

Smash Lord
probably not bringing ne thing but my controller maybe smash and a card my wii has permanetly fused with tv and has branched out and started absorbing other electronic devices .......oh no my lap top

pockyD

Smash Legend
to clarify, i can't bring a cube (you have me marked down for one); just a TV (and a surge protector/power strip i guess if you still need them)

Renth

Smash Hero
:tired:

im appaled at the fact that KF isnt invited. lol, although we probably wont come since we have no clue how to get there and the day before theres a tourney in NY. thanx for the invite though.
;_;.

No Miss Chobits ;o;?
KF should definetly be invited to this. There arent any people on the NY list so far. Plus im pretty sure we can make it out there.
If only I was invited....
Rather than posting i wish i was invited or dropping sob storys about why you should be invited why don't you just say.. Hey Max is it alright if i come? drop him a PM or catch him on aim or something instead of oh.. i could go but i'm not on the list :cry:
sorry for the complaint but it was getting really annoying.. if you just ask he'll probably let you come

yo mow is it ok if i show?
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Is that so Hard?

D

Deleted member

thanks guys, now I have to hunt down TVs.

Sol I heard about you, get your *** down here.

D20 hook me up w/ this, it's mad good!

Damon180

Smash Ace
i am coming, work is telling me i have to take some vacation days anyway. mark me down for one of each thing, though i'll be bringing more. i'll probably bring my computer to record some matches. i'll just stay a bit of friday and saturday afternoon/evening. vagabond and i are splittin a hotel room, maybe elkomo if we get organized :). drinks are on me after hours for anyone 21+ that wants to smash a bit at our hotel room, i'm bringing extra supplies ;).

Husband

Smash Lord
first of all, i was jokin. i dont wanna come to this. second of all, its not hard because i wouldve wrote that, dont u think if i woulda wanted to come i woulda said, "hey, can we come". i jokingly said what i said for fun. so yea, peace.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Nice Ace Marth! Come to Chu's Bi-weekly.

D

Deleted member

awesome move on the hotel guys. maybe the 21+ guys who intend to drink should all stay at the same hotel? =D

I don't care who goes to chu's biweekly, for the record. I had this event posted before I knew he was having one, and I'm not trying to compete with him. If you expect this to be like chu's biweekly, it's not. This is on a college campus, you can walk across the street to get food. Drinking is not allowed here, unlike chu's house. This tournament is for fun, and you'll play everyone. If you want to get drunk off campus, that's your deal, have fun.

If you want a shot at making more than $30, if you want to drink while you play in tournament, if you want to go out to a group korean BBQ, go to chu's. If you want to play everyone at a tournament on a no-pressure rules set, to be able to walk to get food, to play anyone in PA or NJ, come to mine. I'm hoping I can brag to say "play anyone in PA, NJ, MD, VA, NY, MA" but for the moment I'm only going to extend the invitation. I've been recently informed that some peeps from south VA might come up here, and that's a long haul guys, but I hope you can make it. You won't be getting your gas $ back, but no one goes to smash tournaments for gas $ anyway. If you want a ssb64 tournament, or to play other games, come to mine. I'm not going to tell people they can't play other games or that ****, this isn't MLG. I'd hope that you guys bringing other stuff grab a TV too though. If not, no big deal.

It's your choice whether you go to chu's or not. I'd like 95% of the people on my invite list to come, since I've met almost all of them and I know they're smooth operators to chill with, as well as being talented players.

I would like Dogosse Gier, Damon180, TGPAdmin, and any free hands to help me run the event. And I don't mean just brackets, more like making sure the set-ups are placed correctly, since if wires go everywhere we'll run out of room and stuff will get lost. I'll need people to organize food if enough people want to order something like pizza, and then we'll have to make announcements. I especially want someone to make sure every wobbling loses 1 point in the brackets =D It would also be pretty cool if people were to record matches. I will likely not be entering my event unless people talk me into it, but I would love for other people to come here and have fun.

If you want to have fun, no pressure, and for things to be simple and easy, come here. If you're not on the invite list and you want to be, contact me.

D

Deleted member

your call

it's ok, you'll prolly win chu's event anyway.

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
awesome move on the hotel guys. maybe the 21+ guys who intend to drink should all stay at the same hotel? =D

I don't care who goes to chu's biweekly, for the record. I had this event posted before I knew he was having one, and I'm not trying to compete with him. If you expect this to be like chu's biweekly, it's not. This is on a college campus, you can walk across the street to get food. Drinking is not allowed here, unlike chu's house. This tournament is for fun, and you'll play everyone. If you want to get drunk off campus, that's your deal, have fun.

If you want a shot at making more than $30, if you want to drink while you play in tournament, if you want to go out to a group korean BBQ, go to chu's. If you want to play everyone at a tournament on a no-pressure rules set, to be able to walk to get food, to play anyone in PA or NJ, come to mine. I'm hoping I can brag to say "play anyone in PA, NJ, MD, VA, NY, MA" but for the moment I'm only going to extend the invitation. I've been recently informed that some peeps from south VA might come up here, and that's a long haul guys, but I hope you can make it. You won't be getting your gas $ back, but no one goes to smash tournaments for gas $ anyway. If you want a ssb64 tournament, or to play other games, come to mine. I'm not going to tell people they can't play other games or that ****, this isn't MLG. I'd hope that you guys bringing other stuff grab a TV too though. If not, no big deal.

It's your choice whether you go to chu's or not. I'd like 95% of the people on my invite list to come, since I've met almost all of them and I know they're smooth operators to chill with, as well as being talented players.

I would like Rumiko, Dogosse Gier, Damon180, TGPAdmin, and any free hands to help me run the event. And I don't mean just brackets, more like making sure the set-ups are placed correctly, since if wires go everywhere we'll run out of room and stuff will get lost. I'll need people to organize food if enough people want to order something like pizza, and then we'll have to make announcements. I especially want someone to make sure every wobbling loses 1 point in the brackets =D It would also be pretty cool if people were to record matches. I will likely not be entering my event unless people talk me into it, but I would love for other people to come here and have fun.

If you want to have fun, no pressure, and for things to be simple and easy, come here. If you're not on the invite list and you want to be, contact me.

I really find it difficult to understand you, Mow. You make an invite only tournament including such a large amount of people that anyone can see you have no real size restriction, and then purposefully exclude specific people who you dislike. Then you try to make it sound justifiable by telling people that they can ask you to go if they aren't included on the list. Whether you are doing this for the purpose of getting people to beg you to come to your tournament or not is beyond me, but I guess it doesn't matter.

You always make subtle comments about how gay I am whenever we play matches, but then you try to come off as a nice guy. After I beat you at the Baltimore bi-weekly, the first thing you said was "I'm only trying to beat the people who can take out Cactuar, like Omni and Plairnkk" subtly implying that I have no chance to beat Cactuar, while not directly insulting me. I really dislike your attitude about everything and find the entire idea of this tournament ridiculously insulting to more people than just myself.

You specifically invited many members of Team Arlington, all of which i play with and am friends with, then you excluded me despite the fact that I'm around you more than enough time to be recognized. I don't really care that I'm not invited that your garbage tournament, as I would rather be at chu's house anyway, but you should really consider the feelings of people before you inpulsively do things based on your own warped mindset.

You make it sound like chu's biweekly is the ugly duckling of all tournaments by implying that its just a huge drinkfest with no money to be gained and extremely limited access to nearby food places. In reality, Chu keeps the md/va community alive and thriving by using his own household to host frequent smash events. He also treats the people who are willing to drive to his event and pay money to enter with respect, whether or not he likes them, and he isn't rude enough to make his events invite only.

I hate to make confrontations such as these, but you've never treated me with any respect when it comes to anything smash related. You seem like a nice guy when smash isn't involved which is why I've kept my mouth shut for so long, but the outrageous things you say and do sometimes are beginning cross the line. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way, but I can see through your nice-guy act and feel that something should be said for the way you treat others.

Damon180

Smash Ace
wtf is wobbling?:)

and you guys are making this more of an arguement then it should be. just enjoy the freaken game, go to wherever you want, and shut the **** up.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Theres so many people invited which is sweet, but are we going to have enough cubes?

Top Bottom