• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC/PA Smashfest | April 20-22 | 50 Hours of Smash!

D

Deleted member

You don't have to like my tournament, the way I do anything with smash, or me as a person. But people are still coming to my event and it's still going to be fun. I care about my friends, and the people coming here are going to have a blast. I'm somewhat sorry if you think my comments are jabs at you or that I intentionally left you off the list, they weren't meant to be shot at you, but I don't feel sorry for you if you're going to over-analyze me. It's not my job to impress anyone or make sure I don't hurt someone's feelings, and I don't have to respect anyone just because we have the common grounds of playing smash.

Lots of people think I'm an *** when it comes to smash, and honestly, I don't care. I treat my friends well, and I'm open to being friends with anyone. But until then, I don't care who you are, and if I gave you a bad impression, too bad.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
I am %90 sure that Moosh isn't from scranton...

And I don't travel without Matt L we have a pact.

other then that our list looks pretty good.

Nick

D

Deleted member

oh yeah I forgot him! Matt is definitely in. Thanks nick.

Renth

Smash Hero
and you guys are making this more of an arguement then it should be. just enjoy the freaken game, go to wherever you want, and shut the **** up.
Agreed nobodys forcing you to go one place or another and no reason to :cry: if you don't like max or weren't invited.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I mean, it's pretty hard to try to schedule around everything when planning a smashfest. I mean, there's enough random **** going on that if you include bi-weekly tournaments in the stuff you try to avoid overlapping with, you'll have a hell of a time finding a date.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
mow put a gun to my head so i gotta go but on a serious note mow my brother wants to come is that cool? and swift yeah we can play some third strike or anything else but i kinda suck at marvels but you'll be able to play darren hes pretty good

_milktea

Smash Lord
_milktea said:
;_;.

No Miss Chobits ;o;?
Renth said:
:tired:

Rather than posting i wish i was invited or dropping sob storys about why you should be invited why don't you just say.. Hey Max is it alright if i come? drop him a PM or catch him on aim or something instead of oh.. i could go but i'm not on the list :cry:
sorry for the complaint but it was getting really annoying.. if you just ask he'll probably let you come
You're funny :). Max knows that Miss Chobits is not referring to myself (hopefully) ^_^. That is all!

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well if any of you heard of the 3400+ layoffs Circuit City had this past week, I was affected and am now jobless. Although this came at an extremely unfortunate time (three days before moving into my new apartment), it also effectively moved my chance of coming to this from 50% t0 99.99%. See you guys there.

Renth

Smash Hero
So why's everyone irritated again?

Mow you're not forcing anyone to come are you?
No ones irritated they're just whiny *****es.

Seriously.. how can you get mad at someone having an event the same day as you if people go to there's instead of yours get over it. This is like a one time thing Chu has bi-weeklies all the time. Nobodys forcing anyone to go anywhere, it seems they're just mad because they aren't going to get as big of a tourn out, because Mow's having his invite only fest on the same date as their bi-weekly. So.. if your blaming Max for not getting a bigger turn out then go right ahead but there's no reason to ***** about it. It's not always easy to change dates especially whenever your venue is a college campus and to factor in someone else having events on the same date is ********. Get over it.

You're funny :). Max knows that Miss Chobits is not referring to myself (hopefully) ^_^. That is all!
eh... i wouldn't know :lick:

pockyD

Smash Legend
any word on us pittsburghers possibly getting some housing? like just a place to throw a sleeping bag and a shower or sometihng?

D

Deleted member

I have 9 slots open. give me some names.

edit: to clarify, chu will probably have a bigger turn-out than me. But chu is also having his event at his house, which is only the downstairs, and the 2nd room is currently being occupied by a family friend. I don't see them having more than 4 TVs, since the main room can have 3 and the entrance room can have 1. But who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I think it'd be difficult to have a teams tournament and a singles tournament and free play all in one day with only 4 TVs with 50+ people, which is what he wants.

My event is also open for the 20th and the 22nd, not just 1 day, but 3. With many more TVs, and more room, and more friendlies. Chu is baiting a lot of the people I invited to go to his house, which is perfectly legitimate. The tournaments are going to be run completely different from each other. I'm planning mine out better and chu is allowing everyone, something I'm not doing. But perhaps chu has a trick or 2 so that he has more than 4 TVs and way too many people crammed in his basement.

Chu: a good move to compete with me and beat me out would be to rent out an easily accessible public venue such as the American Legion or a community hall that is capable of having more set-ups and more room for all of the people that are attending your event. Then, when you take everyone out for wings, only take the people that you're housing back with you. It would be better for your attendees and your family. Also, call and notify the place you're going to early so people don't wait 60-90 minutes to get their wings.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I have 9 slots open. give me some names.

edit: to clarify, chu will probably have a bigger turn-out than me. But chu is also having his event at his house, which is only the downstairs, and the 2nd room is currently being occupied by a family friend. I don't see them having more than 4 TVs, since the main room can have 3 and the entrance room can have 1. But who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I think it'd be difficult to have a teams tournament and a singles tournament and free play all in one day with only 4 TVs with 50+ people, which is what he wants.

My event is also open for the 20th and the 22nd, not just 1 day, but 3. With many more TVs, and more room, and more friendlies. Chu is baiting a lot of the people I invited to go to his house, which is perfectly legitimate. The tournaments are going to be run completely different from each other. I'm planning mine out better and chu is allowing everyone, something I'm not doing. But perhaps chu has a trick or 2 so that he has more than 4 TVs and way too many people crammed in his basement.

Chu: a good move to compete with me and beat me out would be to rent out an easily accessible public venue such as the American Legion or a community hall that is capable of having more set-ups and more room for all of the people that are attending your event. Then, when you take everyone out for wings, only take the people that you're housing back with you. It would be better for your attendees and your family. Also, call and notify the place you're going to early so people don't wait 60-90 minutes to get their wings.
Thatz right Im kickin yo azz

Cort

Apple Head
I think I might be going to Chu's fest/tourny instead, just for the more tropical competition. Sorry Mow =(

D

Deleted member

I think I might be going to Chu's fest/tourny instead, just for the more tropical competition. Sorry Mow =(
Actually, Cort, I have something in mind for people like you. Since my event is 3 days, come on friday and sunday!

I'm adding changes to draw in a lot more people this way.

Cort

Apple Head
Thing is, I'm arriving there Friday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon (getting home Sunday night). Taking a bus =(

D

Deleted member

get someone else to go with you like brookman and get a carpool or something.

if you get more people to go then you can go to both w/o a bus ticket. win/win situation.

Cort

Apple Head
Getting a ride is the hardest part. It's why I'm just taking a bus.

No one in CT that can drive would be interested in doing so unless it's less than an hour away.

D

Deleted member

you could bus to philly friday and go w/ cactuar to both or something. Or bus to chu's friday and carpool w/ someone else to come up here on sunday and we can take you to a bus station.

no matter what, there's a way to do this.

edit: cort should go with Rumiko, Doll and Plairnkk saturday night up here.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mow, since you posted in the TNR thread asking people to come to your tourney does that mean our entire crew is invited?

I'm just curious, I want to go but I can't (way too far away for me + a lack of a ride). It would be really cool to play your Ness again (and Reik's too). I've improved A WHOLE LOT from last time.

Edit: I don't care if I'm not invited as I said, I can't go anyways.

The Cape

Smash Master
Hope this isnt a double post.

Can bring TV (maybe 2), cube, and surge protector.

Can house Naka and crew. Need a # soon.

And I can host the Bowser challenge. Gonna do it for cash?

D

Deleted member

I removed the invite. Bring as many people as you can snag.

Nothing is for $ except singles, which is $1

Top Bottom