• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Do a free for all and watch the level 9 computers take turns spanking your butts. Thats what I do. Then I'll get mad and do slow motion games and kick their hips. Hey, when's the next smash night host? ATTACKSTORM! PLEASE COME BACK!!! :(

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
brawl is awesome. tournaments reflect skill whether u wanna admit it or not. sometimes brackets can affect your placing. but sometimes johning makes u look dumb and childish. soooooo in retrospect chill out. have fun. and keep practicing. and dnt get mad cause others are improving and u might not be doing as well as u would like. if u wanna quit then quit. others have the desire to fight on and we will. yay BRAWL

FINOS COMMENT QFT/FTW

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
*steals Ike real quick*

Prepare yourself on wed guys.
Oh no you don't. You'll get no sympathy from me. I'm the only pretty boy in this city, b.

I got a different set of commentaries for Ike's taunts, now.

Down taunt: This pingas is big enough to eff you all.
Side taunt: I'm made out of laffy taffy m.effer.
Up taunt: If you want more muscles in your PINGAS, push up on the d-pad.

The up taunt reminds me of a really hilarious youtube flash poop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1yneJSJx3E

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Sorry about the earlier venting: I've just been feeling a little irritated lately at how I've been performing at recent tournaments. It seems like I've been doing worse and worse over time, falling behind of most everyone else. I'll get over this wall soon enough; no worries.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
new year means new experiences. out with the old in with the new lets get big nationally this year guys. ict takin over woot hahaha

Holms

Smash Ace
Okay, so I wanna know from anyone here: does Metaknight have the best recovery in the game or the most available recovery techniques in the game? Or neither? I mean, some others, like DDD, are nearly impossible to gimp in my opinion, but at the same time, ALL of Metaknight's recoveries are attacks at the same time! (I know DDD's is, too, but only under his large, sagging butt) And on that note, has anyone looked into Metaknight's supposed "super-armor" during his shuttle loop from the ground?

And what's considered good recovery: someone who's hard to gimp or someone who has great vertical and/or horizontal recovery?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Meta Knight's recovery is unmatched in everything one should look for in a recovery. He can recover from any distance in any direction. Even straight up is no problem for him with his Forward B's distance. He also has more jumps than most people, the ability to glide twice in one swoop, not to mention a glide attack that turns his entire body into a hit box and clashes with most move that it doesn't beat outright. All of his B moves recover in some way. Tornado can get him through some edgeguards easily while dealing some damage and Down B can get him right past someone coming off the ledge for an attack. In short, his recovery is the furthest in all directions, the hardest to stop and the most offensive yet defensive at the same time.

Shuttle Loop on the ground does have super armor at startup as well as more reach in front of him than it normally does which is why he can go through Game and Watch's turtle with it. DDD has a worse recovery because he has to cancel into a vulnerable state or risk being hit out of it on his way down.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Okay, so I wanna know from anyone here: does Metaknight have the best recovery in the game or the most available recovery techniques in the game? Or neither? I mean, some others, like DDD, are nearly impossible to gimp in my opinion, but at the same time, ALL of Metaknight's recoveries are attacks at the same time! (I know DDD's is, too, but only under his large, sagging butt) And on that note, has anyone looked into Metaknight's supposed "super-armor" during his shuttle loop from the ground?

And what's considered good recovery: someone who's hard to gimp or someone who has great vertical and/or horizontal recovery?
You could use Mario's cape on DDD and knock him away from the stage.

Good recovery is something that can bring you back from far away and is hard to gimp.

MK has extra jumps, has a glide, all his B moves can be used to come back to the stage and are hard to punish or gimp, shuttle loop kills people and puts him into glide, etc.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
And on that note, has anyone looked into Metaknight's supposed "super-armor" during his shuttle loop from the ground?
MK's grounded Shuttle Loop has invincibility frames, not super armor frames.

GROUNDED SHUTTLE LOOP

frame breakdown:
1-7 startup
5-8 invincibility frames
8-13 strong hitbox out
14-21
22-31 weak hitbox out

frame summary:
Hits on frame: 8
IASA frame: 32
Sorry Holms, I accidentally misinformed you the first time we talked about it.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Wait, what? I thought we witnessed first hand it has super armor.

Is anybody doing anything tonight? I would really like to do something for New Years Eve but I have no plans

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
After watching a couple videos I realized my fox's speed and reflexes are nothing compared to fox pros on melee, so I analyzed some melee fox techniques and tweaked my controls even more to do more tricks...lol if you guys thought my fox was fast now, just wait till you see it next time :3

Top Bottom