• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Holms

Smash Ace
HAH! KNEW IT!

Just try Metaknight's shuttle loop from the ground in training mode next to a crapload of bob-ombs. Metaknight will pause as they all explode on him, but he takes NO damage. That's not super armor, that's invincibility.

Or try Marth's and Metaknight's up-b from the ground at the same time. Neither of them take damage initially, but Marth ends up getting hit since Metaknight becomes a hitbox during the attack.

Edit: Zeton, you always find some way to label your fox as trash or something. Why not just be like "okay, my Fox is good, but it can be better!" ?

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
zeton there is a lot more to what they do in melee than u prolly notice. not all that is reflexes. and a lot of it had to do with wavedashing. i mean a whooooolllleeee lot. wavedash to grab changed the game of techchasing in there. u should watch how many ppl do jus normal walking or running tech chase grabs. not too many at all and if they can do that we call that readin em like a book. and hitstun had a huge effect on the chasing in melee.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Fox moved faster in Melee due to physics Zeton, did you tweak the physics of brawl? O.o
Not really, I simply just tweaked my game controls to where some moves like Jump canceling and pivot grabbing is more easier.

I also watched some massive mind games of PC Chris. **** he's really good. I hope to get a chance to fight him in Brawl if he ever does start to play(or plays..)

zeton there is a lot more to what they do in melee than u prolly notice. not all that is reflexes. and a lot of it had to do with wavedashing. i mean a whooooolllleeee lot. wavedash to grab changed the game of techchasing in there. u should watch how many ppl do jus normal walking or running tech chase grabs. not too many at all and if they can do that we call that readin em like a book. and hitstun had a huge effect on the chasing in melee.
I am aware of that Domo. But most of fox's approaches is due to his speed. I reviewed my past matches and....**** I really am too blunt with attacks with fox...I mean I'm attacking like ...straight on...in the face...and for that I get punished greatly.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Hmm. I wonder why he pauses during invincibility then, nobody else does that on the invincibility frames of their attacks and what's worse is, if a character pauses during a frame of their move, whatever is happening during that frame lengthens, so a pause from Meta Knight during invincibility would make him have -more- invincibility. Gah

God****it double post XD

Holms

Smash Ace
There's a simple answer to that, Cameron: it's Metaknight.

Edit: All this talk of Metaknight's brokeness and rapesaucue caused the server to black out on us, guys.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
That would be an epic avatar for Holms lmao. On another note, I have a new secondary. And it doesn't suck balls!! It's actually pretty good, and I don't fail recovering with him =] I got sumthin for G&W now!

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I'm gonna roast your rat and feed it to homeless people. Stupid ****in bright *** yellow ******* squeelin "pika pika" all the ****in time. **** PIKACHU! I'ma stomp on that mutha ****a. Nah **** that, I'ma bite him like "grrrr nigka, tastes like chicken!"

=]

Holms

Smash Ace
Haha, I now have an epic avatar and an epic, though temporary, signature. Thanks Inferno for the avatar, and thank you KY for the sig, lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Haha, I now have an epic avatar and an epic, though temporary, signature. Thanks Inferno for the avatar, and thank you KY for the sig, lol.
Oh, gosh. You're actually using that avatar. Man, how do you use avatars that animate? You know, never mind...

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Inferno can I have the replays of me vs ark and legan? I still have the replays you wanted me to save from your fights as well on my wii so we need to trade replays next time we all meet.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Great! :D btw is there any way i can convert my replays to a video file? or do i need some sort of data converter?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Replays are just data not videos. The data tells the game how to replay the matches exactly for you. So you don't really see a video of your match, you actually see computers playing your match again, which is why you don't have names above your characters. There is no way to convert this series of instructions into a video, you need to record the replay from your wii to a computer while viewing it.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/sendables/202809/2008_year_in_review#/teaser/202809

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
ah...thats...gonna be tough*...especially finding a device that i can use my computer screen as my video wii screen etc...

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Affinity has one, the one I wanted to use. >_< However something screwy happened. I don't remember, though. -_-

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
good news guys! I got new fighters in hutch that would like to smash more on a daily basis, soooo...we plan on meeting up on Sunday afternoons and I offered to have em come with me to Wichita to our smash nights.

They aren't like pro great, but they already got the basics down. some of em surprise me at how well they use their characters...like sonic? Wow for someone who's messin around in matches I'll admit, he was kicking my ***.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
i stand by the fact that new years is the dumbest ****ing holiday of all time. "Oh yay! Gravity works still! Let's get drunk!" Why don't we just call it "International Get Bombed Off Your *** Day" and stop pussyfooting around with excuses?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
So... I just came back from my friend's youth group New Year's party. There was a Brawl tournament that I ended up winning and getting a $25 All-Star Sports giftcard. I kinda felt bad after JV 4-Stocking this one kid's Olimar though; he looked so distraught afterwards :ohwell:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vxf1r0

Preview of Affinity's section of the wichita crew series
lol at the Waddle Dee motivational pic @ the end

Fino

Smash Master
So... I just came back from my friend's youth group New Year's party. There was a Brawl tournament that I ended up winning and getting a $25 All-Star Sports giftcard. I kinda felt bad after JV 4-Stocking this one kid's Olimar though; he looked so distraught afterwards :ohwell:

lol at the Waddle Dee motivational pic @ the end
Lol, you could make him feel really bad and tell him that olimar has 60:40 advantage over mk XD

~Fino

Top Bottom