• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I pulled out Spamus only once during the tournament, and that was when Thinkaman took me to Norfair.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Since WHEN is SAMUS a CHARACTER in BRAWL?!?

I was all "LOL IT'S IKE" and Mr. Doom was all "LOL IT'S SAMUS" and I was all "LOL I'M JIGGLYPUFF?!?"

Good times. Good times.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity's SD Card Pack - July 27, 2009

^ Download is currently down. It will be available again sometime today ^

Can you replace tingle olimar with some other color... and leave pink boots the **** alone.

kthnx <3 other than that, no complaints on your last pack
I didn't mess with any of Olimar's textures, so when you download the pack go here:

private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > fighter > pikmin

and delete file "FitPikmin02.pcs"

You should have your Pink Boots back :)

MJG

Smash Hero
Affinity's SD Card Pack - July 27, 2009

^ Download is currently down. It will be available again sometime today ^

I didn't mess with any of Olimar's textures, so when you download the pack go here:

private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > fighter > pikmin

and delete file "FitPikmin02.pcs"

You should have your Pink Boots back :)
Good **** dude..

Got to test them out further at Finos house today...cant wait to get them on my SD card ^_^

Holms

Smash Ace
I like how most of the "metaknight is broken" arguments even admit that 1. the mk player has to be decent/good and 2. the supposedly broken moves have to done "perfectly" or "very well" to be broken. I mean, in that case, any character would be broken if they were played by decent/good players and their moves were done perfectly...that list of broken attacks and why they were broken all have counters from most characters. I kinda laughed at thinking that a well-spaced Ike's fair could beat every single one of mk's moves, even the supposedly overly prioritized specials. So doesn't that make Ike's fair broken? =/

But I don't know. It also showed me some things I never really thought about as far as mk's "brokeness," but even so, I'm not entirely convinced that he should be banned. Neither sides of the argument are thought out well enough in my opinion, but I can honestly say that I still don't see any legitimate reason to ban him.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
I 3 stocked Aqua!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

anyways about mk......even tho i extremly hate going agaisnt him i dont think he should be banned....

Cook

Smash Master
I like how most of the "metaknight is broken" arguments even admit that 1. the mk player has to be decent/good and 2. the supposedly broken moves have to done "perfectly" or "very well" to be broken. I mean, in that case, any character would be broken if they were played by decent/good players and their moves were done perfectly...that list of broken attacks and why they were broken all have counters from most characters. I kinda laughed at thinking that a well-spaced Ike's fair could beat every single one of mk's moves, even the supposedly overly prioritized specials. So doesn't that make Ike's fair broken? =/

But I don't know. It also showed me some things I never really thought about as far as mk's "brokeness," but even so, I'm not entirely convinced that he should be banned. Neither sides of the argument are thought out well enough in my opinion, but I can honestly say that I still don't see any legitimate reason to ban him.
Why does it matter if the MK player has to be good? The argument is that the MK player does not have to be BETTER than the guy playing the other character. Anyway the statement "in that case, any character would be broken if they were played by decent/good players and their moves were done perfectly" is not at all true because not every character has moves that are broken if done perfectly. Also, Ike's f-air may go through any of these moves, but if MK shields/dodges the f-air then Ike gets punished. Ike's f-air is not broken because it is easily punished, while MK's moves are much safer in comparison.

I don't think that MK is broken as a character because he clearly can be beaten. I just think he breaks the counterpick system and holds back too many characters. But I couldn't read your post and not respond because your points are kinda fallacious.

MJG

Smash Hero
Why does it matter if the MK player has to be good? The argument is that the MK player does not have to be BETTER than the guy playing the other character. Anyway the statement "in that case, any character would be broken if they were played by decent/good players and their moves were done perfectly" is not at all true because not every character has moves that are broken if done perfectly. Also, Ike's f-air may go through any of these moves, but if MK shields/dodges the f-air then Ike gets punished. Ike's f-air is not broken because it is easily punished, while MK's moves are much safer in comparison.

I don't think that MK is broken as a character because he clearly can be beaten. I just think he breaks the counterpick system and holds back too many characters. But I couldn't read your post and not respond because your points are kinda fallacious.
This ^^ Plus MK has way more "broken" moves than any character in the game. His up Air can punish ADs easily...i believe Praxis pasted a list of what all MK can do against every character with ease.

Holms

Smash Ace
But I couldn't read your post and not respond because your points are kinda fallacious.
Instead of belittling how I interpreted the arguments, you could have simply left your first paragraph as your counter. Many arguments on both sides of the issue are fallacious, but I'm not going around pointing them out, I'm just stating my opinion. And these opinions are coming from a guy who A. Refuses to learn/play metaknight (and, to this day, never has except in randoms) and B. Hates fighting any and all metaknight players, whether they're horribad at the character or godly.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Why bother? Brawl is full of broken crap. I play the game for fun, but REALLY. Take this from someone who plays almost every fighting game on the market, trying to balance this game (without hacks) is a waste of time.

Brawl is like the Wii. Watered down and made to appeal to the masses. The one thing it did right was bring in tons of players to the tournament scene.

Some of you guys should try other fighting games besides Brawl.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEihjzO8L3M

After
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENx41byNn-I

^ The Power of Having the Right Mindset ^

I was actually talking to Cameron and he said that I should try getting into BlazBlue. If any of you guys are meeting up to play it, let me know.

Cameron, who's the character in BlazBlue that you said would fit me best as a main? I was going to look him up, but I totally forgot the name.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Why bother? Brawl is full of broken crap. I play the game for fun, but REALLY. Take this from someone who plays almost every fighting game on the market, trying to balance this game (without hacks) is a waste of time.

Brawl is like the Wii. Watered down and made to appeal to the masses. The one thing it did right was bring in tons of players to the tournament scene.

If there's a skill cap, then the game is competitive. If you're willing to deny a professional level skillcap existing, you can rest assured that I'm rather confident I could 3-stock you pretty effortlessly ;)

Playing other fighters isn't the solution. The lack of a DI system in every other fighter automatically renders them less technical than Smash.

Just go vote in the MK ban thread, one way or the other. The only reason I'm hesitant to vote yes is because of Domo, and not wanting to take his main away =P

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
He's not trying to get other people to switch away from Brawl. He's just suggesting that people should expand their fighting game library if Brawl is the only game they play.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Yeah. I like Brawl. But playing other games might put this game into perspective. The tiers in this game are too heavily skewed to the top and high tier. I was actually pro-ban on MK for awhile. I won't miss him if he's gone, but if he's gone it still doesn't fix the game.

The lack of a DI system in every other fighter automatically renders them less technical than Smash.
:laugh:
What other games do you play? Also Soul Calibur has a Semi-DI system.

Why am I arguing about a game I don't take seriously?:laugh:

I was actually talking to Cameron and he said that I should try getting into BlazBlue. If any of you guys are meeting up to play it, let me know.

Cameron, who's the character in BlazBlue that you said would fit me best as a main? I was going to look him up, but I totally forgot the name.
I'm not hosting today. Got invited to a girl's house party.

Blazblue is a good start. It's fun to play and fun to watch. It's not too intimidating to start and there's much to learn. If Metaknight is your style, then Taokaka is a character you should try. The characters are REALLY different from each other in this game though (compared to other fighters)

Tekken 6 comes out in October. That's the next big game since Street Fighter 4. Wichita has a lot of history with Tekken and dormant players. I can guarantee a revival of the old Wichita Tekken group if you guys want to be part of a big gaming group. This one's a little daunting to get into though. The knowledge needed to play this may be overwhelming. It can take weeks and months to learn a character (almost every character has close to 80-100 moves, many characters have more and some characters have multiple fighting stances).

Dekar173

Justice Man
Affinity, play nu-13... it's like metaknight in that she's stupid broken (like metaknight!). Plus, Ky could use the practice

~Fino
Dude NU is even MORE broken than MK, That Nu player who won the whole tourney had picked her up THAT DAY. I've never seen that happen for Metaknight, and that guy WAS NOT as good as KY, let alone better. Those GFs were ****ing stupid.

PS Karma I'm really not trying to **** talk or anything I'm just trying to get my rep for being an ******* back ;)

Top Bottom