• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Cook

Smash Master
Future, you thought it would be a good idea to slap the Battleship board across Oberweiss and send a million little pieces flying. Your opinion does not count.

Teh Future

Smash Master
It would have been a good idea if there weren't so many pieces.

In the end I think I still win cause my shake looked way better than your silly lil waffle cone.

Once my *** climbers have consistent tech skillz youll see teh light :D

or not. But either way battleship is a terrible game

Fino

Smash Master
Anyway, Luigi, Peach and Marth definitely don't shut Olimar down the same way MK does; they don't even come close in my book (Marth is the best, but still very beatable).
WHAT?!?!?!?!

Gtfo scrub. You play the mikehaze, and then you even try to compare that to playing a metaknight, and I assure you that marth a way greater threat to olimar than mk will ever be. You have trouble against metaknight because the only part of your game is just camping at wonky intervals and then running in for an upsmash, and it only works on people who aren't patient enough to deal with it (which is why you've been capping out around 5th, since that's the level where your bs isn't effective anymore). If you had any idea how to incorporate and mix-up both and pressuring camp game and some form of an aggressive game, you wouldn't have problems with mk.... or atleast not try to blow a bs "70-30" mk ratio out of your ***.

I think ICs have a better matchup against Olimar than MK. lol blizzard.
IC match-up with olimar is dead even, while mk is slight advantage. I match your lol blizzard with my lol purple pikmin toss, lol plank, and my lol FHFFNair

~Fino

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Please note I'm making this post after ignoring almost every other post above me with a few exceptions.

In terms of Meta Knight as a character, he should NOT be banned. If you haven't noticed in comparison to other fighters Meta Knight is NOT ban material. When I say this I'm referring to a couple points. First off, Meta Knight does not hold one, single amazing match-up; he doesn't go 80-20 or 90-10 and he only holds a few matches that are "70-30". Even then Meta Knight still has so many matches that are virtually even. Diddy, Wario, Snake, DDD, and more are noted as 55-45 match ups and even then ADHD, the entire Wario board, Ally, and Atomsk believe that those match ups run completely even.

The only character I truly believe worth banning will be Ice Climbers. I believe that the character ruins the fun of the game. When I have to work my *** off to get the kills opposed to getting three grabs in one match, it's simply not fair regardless of how hard they have to "work" to get that grab.

Although, I would like to see how things play out if Meta Knight is ever banned, I would hate to see what this would do to the doubles scene since Meta Knight is so fun to not only team with, but also face in doubles.

Nate/Nynja: Please contact me about if we'll team at OH! Snap! If we don't it's fine, I think I can run with Esca.

Nicole

Smash Champion
ASC I'm going to pretend for a second this matters and introduce you to Luigi, Marth and Peach for Olimar. and remind you that Snake has a move that outspeeds most of and outranges every move Peach has. And it kills. At low percentage. Hi, I'm Snake and I have Up tilt. Also why you even care that I didnt select your character for a list of three in an example statement is ********, so this will be the last I say on it. Now go find something better to waste your time on.
Ugh, I'm so tired of hearing that Snake is unbeatable. Inferno you don't play Peach, so I'll excuse you, but Snake vs Peach is 55:45. If I'm ******** and float stupidly into Snake's utilt all the time, then yeah, I'm gonna lose. Snake's utilt does not **** Peach the way, say, MK's shuttle loop OOS or Marth's upB OOS might. I wouldn't have beaten Ratman's Snake at Gigabrawl if this matchup was ****, because Ratman is probably better at the game than I am.

Anyways, matchups that are 60:40 or less are never ****. Marth, Peach, and Luigi are all 60:40 or less for Olimar. Lots of characters have 60:40 matchups - Diddy vs Falco, Snake vs DDD, Wario vs Marth. ALL those characters are high or top tier, all of them are considered tourney viable (you would agree, yes?), and ALL of them have multiple disadvantageous matchups. Additonally, the most ANY of these characters go against MK is 50:50. No character counters MK, no stage is a counterpick against him (this is character dependent - if you play Diddy, MK can ban FD, MK isn't great on Halberd, but Diddy isn't going to CP that stage either, so it doesn't matter that you couldn't ban both FD and Halberd, neither of which are awesome for MK). No bad matchups, no bad stages. What other character has such an advantage?

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Gtfo scrub. You play the mikehaze, and then you even try to compare that to playing a metaknight, and I assure you that marth a way greater threat to olimar than mk will ever be. You have trouble against metaknight because the only part of your game is just camping at wonky intervals and then running in for an upsmash, and it only works on people who aren't patient enough to deal with it (which is why you've been capping out around 5th, since that's the level where your bs isn't effective anymore). If you had any idea how to incorporate and mix-up both and pressuring camp game and some form of an aggressive game, you wouldn't have problems with mk.... or atleast not try to blow a bs "70-30" mk ratio out of your ***.

IC match-up with olimar is dead even, while mk is slight advantage. I match your lol blizzard with my lol purple pikmin toss, lol plank, and my lol FHFFNair

~Fino
Say Fino, where have YOU been capping out at tournaments lately?

Also, it's stupid to say "hey, go play one of the best Marths in the country who has 1,000 times more tournament experience than you and practices with the best smashers on the East Coast, and base your opinions on the matchup on THAT."

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
There's really no good reason for MK to get banned imo. It'll hurt the brawl community in the long run. MK players might quit, MK is fully beatable, the popular vote for MK ban isn't even above 3/5, etc. lol

yea tornado is kinda gay, but u can still use moves against it. If any character is gonna get banned, I vote for Ice climbers, cuz they soo gay and u can use moves against their CG and matches against them are super gay and boring.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Instead of banning characters, why not restrict them? Or, you can screw it and play my modded doom stages. It's fair and balanced. :p

Dekar173

Justice Man
See Fino I have your same sentiments, except about MK. Mikehaze was awesome to play against, but nowhere near as much trouble as playing Dojo was. Once an MK learns the match-up and actually learns to utilize bananas/how to gimp Diddy, it's GG.

@Ironboots- Mikehaze is from WC. Lol.

@MK ban- Either way, I'll still be playing Smash =O

@4rce- ADHD thinks the match-up is even because he's never played Dojo. ADHD is NOT the best Diddy, that's a fact. He's merely good at dealing with MKs, and so people give him way more credit than is due.

Also, ICs is NOT broken. Trip nana, throw her off, spike. Boom, stock done. ICs are easy as ****.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
@4rce- ADHD thinks the match-up is even because he's never played Dojo. ADHD is NOT the best Diddy, that's a fact. He's merely good at dealing with MKs, and so people give him way more credit than is due.

Also, ICs is NOT broken. Trip nana, throw her off, spike. Boom, stock done. ICs are easy as ****.
I never said he was. I tell a lot of people I don't think he is, but right now he one of the most notable players in the smash scene. If I said P1 says the match-up is 50-50 no one would give a ****.

Not that simple and you know it. That's like playing snake and saying, it's okay you can just rocket launcher Nana 'cause she can't DI. I think Diddy/IC runs 50-50 so I don't really mind if they're banned or not but I still think the tactic itself is broken and ruins the game. I don't see why you would blame it one generation of Smash but allow it the next.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lolll fino. ur just jealus of Andrew's kickass hair.

ICs isn't broken, just lame ;)

Once you hit them they are f'd, even if they aren't seperated. Not to mention they have one of the most gimpable recoverys in the game and get stage counterpicked to hell.

ICs ARE top tier, and just like any other top tier you have to learn the matchup before you can play it.

oooooooooololollool kansas. We should all fight :D

Also Dojo almost lost to a diddy whos main strategy focused on rolling behind him :D

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
oooooooooololollool kansas. We should all fight :D
We did. We won the KS vs MO crew battle with 8 stocks left without using any MKs, IIRC.

:D

Ugh, I'm so tired of hearing that Snake is unbeatable. Inferno you don't play Peach, so I'll excuse you, but Snake vs Peach is 55:45. If I'm ******** and float stupidly into Snake's utilt all the time, then yeah, I'm gonna lose. Snake's utilt does not **** Peach the way, say, MK's shuttle loop OOS or Marth's upB OOS might. I wouldn't have beaten Ratman's Snake at Gigabrawl if this matchup was ****, because Ratman is probably better at the game than I am.
If the Snake plays campy enough, Peach cannot beat him.

Talk to KOS-MOS at Oh Snap. He'll be able to explain it to you a lot better than I ever could.

Woo GF's account rofl --a
Who's your BF?

Nevermind. Looked at your profile lol

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Oh, so this is where the Missouri people hide to escape my wrath in this abysmally lol-tastic excuse for a "debate". Too bad, I found you.

Ironboots said:
No bad matchups, no bad stages. What other character has such an advantage?
True, no other character has that--guess what? It's not broken for him to have that. Sorry.

It's not an advantage because the matchups are neutral. Not having any "bad" matchups doesn't break anything.

How many times does that need to be pounded into the thick skulls of pro-banners world wide?

If metaknight hard countered 4 or 5 people like, say DeDeDe, and still had no bad matchups, he STILL wouldn't be bannable. Because you could STILL PICK ANOTHER CHARACTER AND BEAT HIM IN AN EVEN MATCHUP.

There is nothing broken about a character that doesn't hard counter ANYONE. There is nothing broken about a character that has no "bad" stages. If the match is neutral, it's ****ing neutral. The fact that you can't take him to Jungle Japes or some other weird ***** stage and **** him doesn't break a thing.

Banning a character because it is inconvenient for you is not sufficient reason to ban him, and hiding it under the guise of it being for the "betterment of the community" is such utter crap that the only people who would even believe it are those dense enough to try arguing it.

Metaknight breaks nothing, he just gives you an excuse to whine because all of the other 12 year olds who main ganondorf are doing it.

Missouri is full of people who have never played any other fighting game besides Smash to any serious degree. If any of you had, you would realize that it is TOTALLY NORMAL for ANY fighting game to have a character that is much more "OP" than Metaknight and STILL NOT BAN HIM.

Pro-ban people from Missouri are Kit, Ironboots, and ASC... all people from the secluded little town of Kirksville where NO ONE plays Metaknight. Of COURSE you all want to ban him. It's easier than getting matchup experience when you have almost none.

I love you guys but seriously, you are ridiculously naive with all of your points and I refuse to believe that any one of you is dumb enough to actually believe your own nonsensical logic.

How about we try actually playing and analyzing the matchup, rather than just complaining about it and using the excuse that he is "broken" to never learn anything.

Let's try using our brains and not closing our eyes and rampantly swatting all logic away, shall we?

AAAAHHHHHHHH.

This is exactly the same mentality as when everyone says that "Ampharos is terrible", then he freaking beats Razor TWICE and beats Affinity too... and people are still going "I DUNNO IT MUST HAVE BEEN LUCK, HUR HUR HUR HE'S NOT GOOD".

Weeeee!!! Let's just keep believing things that make no sense in the face of infinite factual opposition!

Also, Marth is incredibly under-rated (see MikeHaze vs M2K at EVO2009) and I also find myself oddly in agreement with something that Fino said...

Fino said:
...or atleast not try to blow a bs "70-30" mk ratio out of your ***.
Wow, I always heard that you were ********, but I think you might be the ONLY Olimar in the world who has a brain. <3.

Teh Future

Smash Master
^omfg gais dont listen to Metal hes scrub wohs only ever won b/c he plais high tier

Lucario would be such a better character if all he did was dance.

discuss.

Nicole

Smash Champion
@Ironboots- Mikehaze is from WC. Lol.
Haha, whoops. :psycho:

Guess I shouldn't assume that all the good people are from EC.

But my point still stands!

Also, I would love to meet/play Kos-Mos. I think MO might be going to Oh Snap.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
This is exactly the same mentality as when everyone says that "Ampharos is terrible", then he freaking beats Razor TWICE and beats Affinity too... and people are still going "I DUNNO IT MUST HAVE BEEN LUCK, HUR HUR HUR HE'S NOT GOOD".
He should enjoy it while it lasts. It won't ever happen again. :)

irl crackah 10$mm fist only omg ur bkscrub
I have no idea what the **** this says lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
ICs jab will throw that nanerz bak at u. and i'm guessing u've never played a real good ICs that Bthrows CG gayly and hobbels.

Btw, if u can't beat MK, join him and his tears.

Fino

Smash Master
Say Fino, where have YOU been capping out at tournaments lately?

Also, it's stupid to say "hey, go play one of the best Marths in the country who has 1,000 times more tournament experience than you and practices with the best smashers on the East Coast, and base your opinions on the matchup on THAT."
4th and 5th embarassingly; however, look at asc's bracket... at least from kahoka, and look at mine from wichita bi-weeklies and supercon. While Asc is off playing donkey kongs and ike's I'm sitting here playing diddy's snakes and mk just about every round. Not to john, but that's how I feel.

Then again, who did lose asc to in compared to people I lost to? Errr the only person I wasn't able to beat was "the best Marth in the country who has 1,000 times more tournament experience than you and practices with the best smashers on the West Coast" I eventually was able to take a set off dekar after his beautiful help with the diddy MU (one I previously had no experience in).
Also, I don't recall ever telling my opponents how to beat asc like asc did at kahoka, so I do think we're being a bit bias here ;)

Also, I think it's perfectly fine to say that... when we base match-ups, it's only off high level of play. So considering the "best Marth in the country who has 1,000 times more tournament experience than you and practices with the best smashers on the West Coast" is most likely one of the smartest ideas when considering a match-up.
Pro-ban people from Missouri are Kit, Ironboots, and ASC... all people from the secluded little town of Kirksville where NO ONE plays Metaknight. Of COURSE you all want to ban him. It's easier than getting matchup experience when you have almost none.

I love you guys but seriously, you are ridiculously naive with all of your points and I refuse to believe that any one of you (are) is dumb enough to actually believe your own nonsensical logic.

How about we try actually playing and analyzing the matchup, rather than just complaining about it and using the excuse that he is "broken" to never learn anything.
Thank you... my goodness.

Also, Marth is incredibly under-rated (see MikeHaze vs M2K at EVO2009) and I also find myself oddly in agreement with something that Fino said...
Wow, I always heard that you were ********, but I think you might be the ONLY Olimar in the world who has a brain. <3.
For the reasons you just stated above... and (just a guess) you probably heard that from those same people, I wouldn't believe anything they say. Also, some olimars agree with me on the MU, however idiots like to john when they can't handle something. Hilt for instance compared mk's dair to luigi's nair... which I thought was hilarious

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master

WHAT?!?!?!?!

~Fino
lololol RAGE! Dayum, chill the **** out. Just because you got ***** in a MM by mikeHAZE doesn't mean it's a **** matchup, it means he's a much better player than you are. Guess what, I bet M2K would **** you in a MM, too. I bet Ally would **** you in a MM. Does that mean that Snake ***** Olimar? Don't be silly. You're like, the ONLY Olimar who doesn't think it's somewhere around 65:35 and when you were asked to explain why you think it is around even you failed to give an answer. If you think I never play aggressively then you've never seen me play before. I'm probably TOO aggressive and approach when I don't actually need to. Playing against Peach too much has made me f-air too much. That **** don't really fly with MK unless the MK ****s up. Seriously, if G&W of all characters can't safely approach MK then how can Olimar?

Oh, so this is where the Missouri people hide to escape my wrath in this abysmally lol-tastic excuse for a "debate". Too bad, I found you.
Will, any debate you engage in is "lol-tastic" because you don't know **** about argumentation. All you know is ad hominem. That's why people don't like to argue with you, because you just act like a douchebag.

Nicole

Smash Champion

4th and 5th embarassingly; however, look at asc's bracket... at least from kahoka, and look at mine from wichita bi-weeklies and supercon. While Asc is off playing donkey kongs and ike's I'm sitting here playing diddy's snakes and mk just about every round. Not to john, but that's how I feel.

Then again, who did lose asc to in compared to people I lost to? Errr the only person I wasn't able to beat was "the best Marth in the country who has 1,000 times more tournament experience than you and practices with the best smashers on the West Coast" I eventually was able to take a set off dekar after his beautiful help with the diddy MU (one I previously had no experience in).
Also, I don't recall ever telling my opponents how to beat asc like asc did at kahoka, so I do think we're being a bit bias here ;)

Also, I think it's perfectly fine to say that... when we base match-ups, it's only off high level of play. So considering the "best Marth in the country who has 1,000 times more tournament experience than you and practices with the best smashers on the West Coast" is most likely one of the smartest ideas when considering a match-up.

Thank you... my goodness.

For the reasons you just stated above... and (just a guess) you probably heard that from those same people, I wouldn't believe anything they say. Also, some olimars agree with me on the MU, however idiots like to john when they can't handle something. Hilt for instance compared mk's dair to luigi's nair... which I thought was hilarious

~Fino
I agree, you do base matchups off of high level play. I don't think you or Cook are at the same level that Mike Haze is. With that being the case, I think it's stupid to try to base the matchup off of that.

Also...Olimar is good against Diddy? It's one of Diddy's harder matchups I'm pretty sure. Olimar is supposed to do well against Snake, or so I hear. ASC likes playing that matchup, but since he's a scrub now I'm not sure whether I should trust his opinion or not. And forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who says Olimar vs MK is 47 :53 in MK's favor (which is basically even)? Don't you just have to ravage him with spacing? I can't believe that someone who thinks Olimar vs. MK is even would vote PRO BAN (I think I saw your blue name in there, then again I might be wrong, or you might have been confused which side you were voting for or something). I don't understand why you're citing Snake, Diddy, and MK as hard matchups, Fino, as we both know they are all at least even, or in Olimar's favor.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I like Olimar. Pikmin 2 was one of the best Gamecube games imo. The ultimate example of how to make a perfect game sequel. Framed copies should be on every developer's wall.

MJG

Smash Hero
All of this is dumb and getting out of hand. @.@

Really...really..like really..Im pretty sure if both players no the match up whether it is olimar vs MK, Marth vs Toonlink, etc., certain characters are obviously going to have an ADVANTAGE (notice how i didnt say ****) over another. For example, Olimar has one of the strongest ground games in the game, but once he goes into the air, he is basically ****ed. Im gonna leave it at that seeing as how i cant stand Olimar (<3 fino).

When it comes to Marth vs toonlink, I do not believe that it is an absolute "****" match up but it is definitely a challenge. I stated this before but Marths fair can destroy two of our projectiles while the other has a little start up lag which can be punished by marth since he will be in toonlinks face or at least keep him in tipper range (as Bengalz and other Marths like to say)

I stopped typing here so i kind of lost where i was going with this @.@

But...This argument needs to end...or at least go to the MK ban poll thread.

Kthxbai. ^_^

(Screw Peach, Marth, and Wario) *Sorry Nicole*

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ban pokemon trainer

he's in eternal invincibility

impossible to hit him

even when you defeat his pokemon, he's still on the field of battle, scheming up a new plan...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
however idiots like to john when they can't handle something. Hilt for instance compared mk's dair to luigi's nair... which I thought was hilarious

~Fino

It's difficult explaining things to someone who has no idea what you're talking about, and lacks the interest in considering that what's being explained to them, by someone with much more tournament experience, may possibly, sometimes, be true. Thus, I tried to simplify it for you, in hopes you would understand. Sadly, it didn't work. Likening it to luigi's nair, was merely the beginning of what I was trying to explain. Your interruptions, mid explanation, and attitude on the discussion made me lose interest in answering your question.

Cook

Smash Master

I don't know who you played at Supercon or the Wichita Bi-Weekly. But I can talk about Kahoka some, since I was there. Yeah, I played an Ike and a DK. I also beat Zeton, who is PRETTY good (I THINK that I two-stocked him both matches, though maybe I didn't on his CP). I beat MOE, too, who plays MK. And don't say MOE isn't any good or anything whatever, because right before I beat him he took out KY, who has TONS of experience against great MKs.

I lost to Domo and Affinity. Pretty respectable. Actually, isn't Affinity one of the people who beat you at the Bi-Weekly? Anyway, at Kahoka you lost to Razor and Blank. Last time I played Blank's Diddy in tourney I won. In fact, I think it was that set that made him not want to play Diddy against you but when he asked who he should play I told him Diddy was his best bet. When Razor played you he didn't know anything about the Olimar matchup, but he still won. You know who he lost to? Hilt, who plays way more campy than I do. Maybe aggressive isn't the way to go against MK?

Yeah, but BOTH players have to be at the top level. Otherwise the worse player gets ***** and gets skewed ideas about matchups. Anyway, the last REALLY good Marth I played in tournament was DPhat. I won on the neutral, lost on Corneria (his CP, didn't know he could camp the fin so well), then lost to his MK on my CP. Of course, this was at NO KOAST, so it's been a while. In pools at Kahoka I split with Domo's Marth. I realize Marth isn't his main, but he's still pretty good with him. Last time I played Clel was at Kahoka; he started out two-stocking me, but after a couple matches I ended up with the majority of the wins. Haven't lost to any other Marths, but other Marths I've played aren't that great (even the great Legan, sorry bud). Still, can't see how Marth is as bad as MK.

How did Hilt compare them? I mean, they're both moves that Oli's moves can't go through and they both come out real quick. I don't see what is hilarious about the comparison.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Ugh...and all of this calamity started because of Meta Knight...

son of a bitc*........

Top Bottom