• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Fino

Smash Master
I agree, you do base matchups off of high level play. I don't think you or Cook are at the same level that Mike Haze is. With that being the case, I think it's stupid to try to base the matchup off of that.

Also...Olimar is good against Diddy? It's one of Diddy's harder matchups I'm pretty sure. Olimar is supposed to do well against Snake, or so I hear. ASC likes playing that matchup, but since he's a scrub now I'm not sure whether I should trust his opinion or not. And forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who says Olimar vs MK is 47 :53 in MK's favor (which is basically even)? Don't you just have to ravage him with spacing? I can't believe that someone who thinks Olimar vs. MK is even would vote PRO BAN (I think I saw your blue name in there, then again I might be wrong, or you might have been confused which side you were voting for or something). I don't understand why you're citing Snake, Diddy, and MK as hard matchups, Fino, as we both know they are all at least even, or in Olimar's favor.
Diddy-Olimar match-up is in olimar's favor 55-45... every olimar I know agrees too this. Also, when did I call asc a scrub here? You are pulling words out of my mouth that I didn't say.
I voted pro-ban for several personal reasons, none of them being close to how well metaknight performs in the game. My reasonings for wanting to ban mk is purely on the focus that his existence in brawl is the reason why over half the people in KC quit brawl. The same thing happened in new mexico; however, when mk was banned there the brawl scene got better. It's flourishing compared to KC. I voted to ban mk on the basis that he's dis-bans crews and makes people quit the game. As much of a scrub mentality as that is, I still think mk should be gone if it causes people to hate the game so much that they quit.

Also, I'm not citing snake, diddy, and mk as hard match-ups, rather harder than donkey kong and ike (60-40 (to 65-35) and 70-30 (to 75-25) respectively).

~Fino

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Will, any debate you engage in is "lol-tastic" because you don't know **** about argumentation. All you know is ad hominem. That's why people don't like to argue with you, because you just act like a douchebag.
I use ad hominem against people who deserve it for making arguments that are based on personal preference and not factual information.

This is clearly the best approach, since attacking said person is the best way to refute someone who bases all of their "facts" on nothing more than their own "feelings" with no real evidence.

It's douchbagg-ish to expect me to treat your argument as equivalent when you bring nothing of value to the table in the first place. You are initiating the rudeness, I am merely responding to it.

Douchebaggery deserves douchbaggery, sir. Quid pro quo.

If you made an argument that had any basis in the realm of logic, I would treat you much more civilly.

I still <3 you even if you are ridiculous and backwards enough to think that I am the one who is illogical. Hope to see you Tuesday :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
When Razor played you he didn't know anything about the Olimar matchup, but he still won. You know who he lost to? Hilt, who plays way more campy than I do. Maybe aggressive isn't the way to go against MK?

When the match first started, Razor made a comment on how I didn't immediately rush at him like Fino did :p I thought it was kinda funny.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I remember the days when it was mostly Wichita guys who posted in the Wichita Area Discussion. Now the OoS'ers post in it more than I do lol.

Hai guys =]

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
No one else's opinion ever matters besides mine. Not to mention I'm one of the most knowledgeable smashers out there as far as matchups statistics go.

Anyway I wish someone was hosting :(

Nicole

Smash Champion
No one else's opinion ever matters besides mine. Not to mention I'm one of the most knowledgeable smashers out there as far as matchups statistics go.

Anyway I wish someone was hosting :(

Inferno is wrong.
He is not right in the least.
I play Peach; haiku.

fragbait

Smash Master
Hey guys, would you all be willing to come out to Derby on the 7th of August for a host? Gotan's dad offered his place in Derby, and we'll provide drinks.
It's at 1452 Community drive Derby KS 67037

Is anyone interested? I need to know ASAP. Thanks!\

Also, MO only wants KS for it's body.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Hey guys, would you all be willing to come out to Derby on the 7th of August for a host? Gotan's dad offered his place in Derby, and we'll provide drinks.
It's at 1452 Community drive Derby KS 67037

Hmm. It's a 15 mile, 25 minute drive for me. =\
I'll try to get back to you though since the drive doesn't mean much. It'll come down to whether or not I work probably.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed to say I even belong to the brawl scene. Those last few pages of argument jus showed how little any of you know about this game... High levels of play.... The definition of a friendly... Everythng. you guys can't even figure out matchups correctly. Wtf are you guys doing? Brawl won't die anytime soon because of the game it will die due to the weak minded community.

fragbait

Smash Master
Remember guys, I would like to know asap so I know how much stuf I need, as well as warning Gotan's dad. Thanks for resp. so quick 4rce.

I just noticed that Chronicles starts on the 7th. Let me see if we can do thsi, but I'll check if we can all bunk up at Gotan's dads and head out for chronicles in teh morn.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm disappointed to say I even belong to the brawl scene. Those last few pages of argument jus showed how little any of you know about this game... High levels of play.... The definition of a friendly... Everythng. you guys can't even figure out matchups correctly. Wtf are you guys doing? Brawl won't die anytime soon because of the game it will die due to the weak minded community.
Which is why you should play my modded Doom stages. Mr. Doom will never die, and if he does, he beats the Spider Mastermind and comes back.:p

BTW, thx Steeler, but the name's Mr. Doom! Get it right!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Marth Vs Toonlink

GO!:laugh:
LOL Forward air? I could print it off for you but I'm pretty sure you already knew that, though you forgot to mention earlier that Fair not only beats Arrows and Boomerang, it catches bombs. :p

Speaking of Chronicles, don't forget it's next weekend guys and a schedule of the games has been put up on the chronicles website. If you need clarification of something, just shoot a question my way and I can check my schedule sheet.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lololol RAGE! Dayum, chill the **** out. Just because you got ***** in a MM by mikeHAZE doesn't mean it's a **** matchup, it means he's a much better player than you are. Guess what, I bet M2K would **** you in a MM, too. I bet Ally would **** you in a MM. Does that mean that Snake ***** Olimar? Don't be silly. You're like, the ONLY Olimar who doesn't think it's somewhere around 65:35 and when you were asked to explain why you think it is around even you failed to give an answer. If you think I never play aggressively then you've never seen me play before. I'm probably TOO aggressive and approach when I don't actually need to. Playing against Peach too much has made me f-air too much. That **** don't really fly with MK unless the MK ****s up. Seriously, if G&W of all characters can't safely approach MK then how can Olimar?

Will, any debate you engage in is "lol-tastic" because you don't know **** about argumentation. All you know is ad hominem. That's why people don't like to argue with you, because you just act like a douchebag.
NO, it's a bad matchup

but false hope never hurt anybody

but i'm bad at the matchup so you'll probably beat me anyway

Top Bottom