• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ ~ The Wing Cap ~ ☆ (Somewhat outdated)

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, this thread is a really good idea, and is wonderful for people who consider playing Mario/main Mario. I'll be able to view the video when I get home and tell you how I like it.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm hoping to finish the next one by Saturday depending how fast I can get text edited. My goal is to have 1-2 videos completed every week. Maybe quicker since we're just doing the basics.

Also, BO X7 will be adding voice to the next one, so we'll see how it goes.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This guide is gonna be amazing.
Also, Hobbes now has a Mario hat.

Fiya

Smash Rookie
I Would love to help you Fire but I'm grounded. e.e I am a poor contributor. >:[

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I believe in you, Fiya! :mad:
You can help out, it's cool. Just give correct information. :D

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
yo ppls imma try my best to help out and contribute :)
...kk lol ^_^
(yea Straked's forcing me to post on the Mario boards XD)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Thanks!

I'm deciding to post the text of each video so it can be copy edited by everyone. The first one is finished, but all the text for all upcoming videos will be posted so I can get suggestions and quotes. This will probably the best way everyone can contribute.

Next video is set for this weekend.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You're running this project smoothly, man. Keep it up, we'll help out as needed.

Famous

Smash Champion
More vids of me and Boss doing crazy ****....We made a new version of the cape ****. We called it The "Famous" gay. Will post vids soon

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Quick!

Someone gimme a quote on Up Air. Something good!

Edit: And Back Air!

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
"Up Air: One of Mario's best juggling moves. Mario can perform two of these in one short hop.

Back Air: Probably one of Mario's best spacing tools. Has good range, and comes out fast. Can be followed with an up air, neutral air, and even a second back air out of one short hop."

-Sensei

It's not much, but it's all I've got for now.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
back air lets see...... how about "B-air advance! B-air advance!" as in saying mario's back air is good for approaching other characters.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
nairs are hard for me for some reason i always have the di in somedirection at all times.:(

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I prefer using Nair's lingering hitbox, I like to follow it up with Utilt or whatever.

But that's just me, I still like OoS SJP more than OoS Nair though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's not really slang... what don't you understand?

Nair = Neutral Aerial
Utilt = Up Tilt
OoS = Out of Shield
SJP = Super Jump Punch (Up-B).

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I have the next 5-6 videos set up so I'll release a new video every 2 days if no one finds anything wrong in the scripts.

Edit: Also, know that this is only a quick intro to the moves. Things like the Cape Teleport probably won't go in with the Cape video. It will probably get its own video.

Aerials

Neutral Air
Damage: 10-5%
Range: Short
Comes Out: Frame 3

Mario’s Neutral Air has two parts to it, the initial hitbox, which causes 10% and the lagging hitbox which causes 5%. The initial hitbox also has a considerably larger amount of knockback. The move stays out long and has a very high priority The lagging hitbox can also lead into combos. “It basically feels as if people are just running in a wall every time people try to attack Mario while he has the N-air out.” –HeroMystic

Forward Air
Damage: 12-13%
Range: Medium
Comes Out: Frame 17

The most notable and obvious trait of the Forward Air is that it is a spike, but there is much more than meets the eye with this attack. The sourspot, or non-spiking area provides a good amount of knockback which can kill. On the stage, if your opponent gets hit with this, they are susceptible to a jab lock.

Up Air
Damage: 11%
Comes Out: Frame 4

Up Air is Mario’s Number 1 combo tool because its speed. Try to use it multiple times in the air to create a string of attacks. This move is also good if used with short hops and has gimping similar to that of Back Air. "Try experimenting with it to see what two aerials you can do in 1 [Short Hop]. Great for damage dealing, juggling, and edgeguarding."-A2ZOMG

Down Air
Damage: 1,1,1,1,1,7%
Comes Out: Frame 5

Down Air is a great method or approach as it gives a very large amount of shield pressure. “You know the douchebags that love to shieldgrab Mario because of his low range? Well, shield pressure allows that to not happen, and D-air gives out that shield pressure we need.” –HeroMystic If your opponent happens to get caught in the tornado, it will send them into the air which is a great way to start combos.

Back Air
Damage: 12%
Comes Out: Frame 6

Probably one of Mario's best spacing tools. Has good range, and comes out fast. Can be followed with an up air, neutral air, and even a second back air out of one short hop."-Sensei With this move, Mario can create a semi-wall of pain which can gimp characters with bad recoveries such as Link, Ike and Captain Olimar. The move is also very good for spacing because of the range and knockback it provides.

Copy and Paste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDn9H3TXeJI

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
[Will release in the next 4-5 hours. I'm going somewhere.]

Down Smash
Damage: 12-21%
Comes Out: Frame 5

Down Smash is the fastest of his 3. It also has great knockback and can kill horizontally at higher percents. Use this move to deal quick damage and create some space between you and your opponent if you're in a tight spot.. Mario sweeps his legs around in a circular motion meaning that it will take a little bit longer to reach behind him. But this is not a disadvantage, use this to punish those who like to spot dodge or roll. “It's good to use if you predict an opponent who rolls behind you. When Mario's sweeps the back of him, he'll get with him on the comearound.” -Ray/Boshi

Forward Smash
Damage: 13-25%
Comes Out: Frame 15

Mario’s Forward Smash is the strongest of Mario’s smashes and it also has the largest range. You can also extend the range of Mario’s F-Smash by turning around and using the smash in the opposite direction. This is called a "Stutter-Step F-Smash"A "Stutter-Step F-Smash" can give you justthe range you need to punish longer ranged attacks.To Stutter-Step F-Smash, quickly turn around and Forward Smash using the C-Stick.This move is unique because you do not have to Sweetspot the move to make a kill. The sourspot actually provides more knockback.

Up Smash
Damage: 14-19%
Range: Medium (Behind and Above)
Comes Out: Frame 9

The moves Sweetspot is behind Mario’s head so you can use it out of your shield if you are facing away from your opponent. Up Smash can also be used as a combo starter/juggler at lower percents. “The way you use Up-smash should be different depending on your matchup and playstyle. Against a character like Ike…you'll want to spam that Up-smash to get 14% on him every time he whiffs on your shield. Against a hard to hit character like G&W or Metaknight …you'll want to save that Up-smash till 110% and keep an eye out for that one moment where you KNOW you got yourself a guaranteed KO.” –A2ZOMG

Kain6th

Smash Ace
This is a good idea, but will take a long time....
So what? This is quality stuff, no need for him to feel rushed just cause we demand them sooner than later. Let him go at his own pace. I feel that this will really pay off for all Mario main's in the end.

Also Firemario do you plan to do this kind of thing with other characters? I think this would be really good for Pokemon Trainer which I want to try and get good with.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Because you hadn't done it yet, I went ahead and edited the link to the smash guide in the OP.

Good job on these videos. They're really good.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
TY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5stkAV3gDo

Fireballs
Damage: 5%
Range: Long
Comes Out: Frame 14

“An attack that you can pretty much throw out safely 90% of the time. Since it moves slowly, you can follow behind it for "combos".” –A2ZOMG The Fireball’s main use is as an approach tool. Throw fireballs both in the air and on the ground to confuse the opponent, approach using other attacks, or force an approach toward you. The fireball is also a good edge guarding tool. Because of its diagonal trajectory and minimal knockback, it can be used to effectively diminish recoveries.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hello...I'm a Kirby Mainer and I'm picking up Mario...I'd like to say that this is a great thread and I seen the Vids on youtube....that was a lot of hard work put into it....

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You're doing an amazing job with this so far FireMario. Keep it up, and let me know if I can help.

Top Bottom